Motley Crue "Dogs Of War" full song

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Dee Dee King Diamond
Playing at a Friend's Party

Re: Motley Crue "Dogs Of War" full song

Post by Dee Dee King Diamond »

I even thought SOLA wasn't an embarrassment. I wanted to like this, but this is Generation Swine Pt. 2, a band trying too hard to sound modern, and forgetting the importance of writing a great catchy song. Super bummed by this.
MattleyCrue
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by MattleyCrue »

The more I listen to this song the more I like it. It’s great to still have the Crüe around
LAglamrocker wrote:
Walk in Diesel store Melrose with Ashba gear commands respect, not sure you are allowed in with Walmart gear
Ryan81
Headlining Clubs

Post by Ryan81 »

I know John 5 is a great and versatile guitarist, but I don't think he is a good fit for Crue. I might just be saying that because he looks so out of place with them.

I'm kind of over all the I stand with Mick or the #MickToo movement, but let's face it Motley Crue songs are probably 80% Mick's riffs. Yes, Sixx apparently "wrote" the songs and was the leader, but musically that was Mick's band. Hearing this song really drives that point home. It's unfortunate that he is so much older and his health is shit, but without Mick Motley Crue just isn't Motley Crue.

If they truly feel inspired and are still in it for the love of music then they have every right to go on as long as they want. However, it's painfully obvious that this is no longer for the love of the music.

They got super lucky with The Dirt two times. First, when the book came out they were done at that point, but the book brought renewed interest and all of a sudden in '05 they were one of the biggest bands again. Then they call it quits in 2015, but 5 years later The Dirt movie is released and fuck me...they are getting offered insane money to reform and tour. The Dirt has done for these guys than the actual music has...for real.

They could've really preserved their legacy had they done the one last tour with Mick and then quit...FOR GOOD. But just by sticking around and being greedy this last year they have done serious damage to their name. It may not be fair, but they really have. I see very, very little support for these guys now in every comment section I read.
the_man_incognito
Headlining Clubs

Post by the_man_incognito »

It's not AI, they recorded it as a band!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8ibjbCxl1g
HueyRamone
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by HueyRamone »

the_man_incognito wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 2:50 pm It's not AI, they recorded it as a band!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8ibjbCxl1g
Im not an expert, but pretty sure you dont record vocals while holding an old timey mic in your hand.
Don't Damn Me wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:21 pm Dummy, are you aware that hydroxy-chloroqin and Ivermectin have since been proven effective?
Sleek
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by Sleek »

Also notice that they edited it specifically to look like Vince was involved...but he is at a different place.

Still, surprised to see the 3 instrumentalists in a room together.
ROADHEAD wrote:I've never tasted coffee
HueyRamone wrote:I like Radio Gaga
HueyRamone wrote:QUIT FUCKING WITH MY SETLIST, ASSWIPE!

HueyRamone
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by HueyRamone »

Sleek wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 9:31 pm Also notice that they edited it specifically to look like Vince was involved...but he is at a different place.

Still, surprised to see the 3 instrumentalists in a room together.
I was surprised to see John 5 in a shot with Vince. Maybe they made him go over and him the vocal melodies to him.
Don't Damn Me wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:21 pm Dummy, are you aware that hydroxy-chloroqin and Ivermectin have since been proven effective?
The Prez

Post by The Prez »

First live performance....Vince just seems completely out of sync with the band for some reason..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ea5YtWHLx9A
EzyRider
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by EzyRider »

In a way Motley reminds me of the Monkees, a Hollywood creation with actors as musicians, except for 5.

I'm in the vast minority but I like this song, it's catchy, and the riffs are heavy
It's good to be bad
It's the best time you'll ever have
What the hell is this ultra sad
Pray for your cool and work on that ass!
Vince Neil Eats
Lugging equipment around in parent's car

Post by Vince Neil Eats »

The Prez wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 2:37 pm First live performance....Vince just seems completely out of sync with the band for some reason..

Lately, Vince is always ahead or behind with his vocals. It’s bizarre.
500DaysofNight
Pimping Your Demo At Shows

Post by 500DaysofNight »

The Prez wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 2:37 pm First live performance....Vince just seems completely out of sync with the band for some reason..

Could be that he's actually trying on this one and it ain't like Nikki has made him practice this song a lot. He's in his comfort zone doing Feelgood, Kickstart My Heart & the like because he mumbles and puts on a mime routine and it's a complete joke.
DangerZone
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by DangerZone »

After the initial riff some kind of bass tones come in that sound completely out of tune
jens

Post by jens »

The girl pulling away from Nikki at 00:55 :lol:
and then he begs her for a picture :lol: :lol: :lol: