Lou Gramm Spills His Guts

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Turner Coates
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Lou Gramm Spills His Guts

Post by Turner Coates »

I reckon all songs are folk songs. I ain't never heard no horses singing any.
AlexVonHaig
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Re: Lou Gramm Spills His Guts

Post by AlexVonHaig »

Fauxiner is as big of a mess as RATT. Mick Jones is a tool
Bono Nettencourt
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Bono Nettencourt »

He's been waiting a lifetime.
ijwthstd wrote: obviously you take this way too seriously and were deeply affected by what transpired in the early 1990's and hopefully you are discussing these issues with a therapist in addition to other fans on music message boards.
HoldenSSV
Passing Out Band Flyers

Post by HoldenSSV »

Their induction speeches could be rather interesting.
"Copying off of one person is called plagiarism.
Copying off of ten people is called research."
Van Ailin'
Headlining Clubs

Post by Van Ailin' »

He's talking about all this stuff, but that was yesterday. What's Lou singing lately?

I remember Lou doing a pretty big-budget Shadow King project that was mostly turgeo-id. One good song only, and that was the little acoustic piece done by Viv Campbell.
ParaDime77
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by ParaDime77 »

Lou comes off as a bitter old man at this juncture.
Everyone Is Someone Else's Bitch
ElectrickMagick
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by ElectrickMagick »

Van Ailin' wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:47 am He's talking about all this stuff, but that was yesterday. What's Lou singing lately?

I remember Lou doing a pretty big-budget Shadow King project that was mostly turgeo-id. One good song only, and that was the little acoustic piece done by Viv Campbell.
Shadow King is possibly the worst "super group" album ever recorded. Completely unmemorable in every way.
Stinky McFister
Recording Debut Album

Post by Stinky McFister »

Sorry to hear him bag on Head Games. I think that's a GREAT record. Actually, pound for pound I think it's the best of their catalog. Relatively ballad free. Take away Blinded by Science and Do What You Like and the record is pure.
BernieTaupson

Post by BernieTaupson »

Has he remembered that he did a reunion tour with Foreigner in 2018 yet? He did an interview a few months ago and said he never played with them again and hadn’t even seen Mick since 2013. The guy isn’t well.
MattleyCrue

Post by MattleyCrue »

I saw Lou like a month ago. Sounded good on 4 songs and awful on the rest. He is from Rochester where I live
LAglamrocker wrote:
Walk in Diesel store Melrose with Ashba gear commands respect, not sure you are allowed in with Walmart gear
inextrem
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by inextrem »

Poor Lou... he' s a bit off.
Check the "Inside Information" credits, he's a co-writer on most of the songs... he has no clue what he's talking about.
Ziggy Sawdust
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by Ziggy Sawdust »

BernieTaupson wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:35 pm Has he remembered that he did a reunion tour with Foreigner in 2018 yet? He did an interview a few months ago and said he never played with them again and hadn’t even seen Mick since 2013. The guy isn’t well.
Just going senile, dude in his 70’s, 2013 and 18 probably easy to confuse.
Hell'sHungryChild wrote:
I have no desire to pay $150 to see an ant sized Ac/Dc and drink $12 beer cups.
Love_Industry
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Love_Industry »

ElectrickMagick wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:48 pm
Van Ailin' wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:47 am He's talking about all this stuff, but that was yesterday. What's Lou singing lately?

Shadow King is possibly the worst "super group" album ever recorded. Completely unmemorable in every way.
It's not as bad as Contraband but yes Shadow King sucks. There's like one good song on it but it's not Viv's little piece about the murderous Communist dictatorship.
It's more or less a rehash of Gramm's Long Hard Look album but without the songs.

I think Shadow King only played one live gig ever, some kind of showcase. Nobody wanted to take them out on the road.
Fletch
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by Fletch »

I saw Lou play at the Gadsden Festival on the Lake about 15 years ago and unfortunately he sounded terrible live. I can’t imagine he’s gotten better with age so I’m def looking forward to this.

Legacy stars bagging on their old stuff that helped make them famous always seemed strange to me. Billy Joel came across that way in a mid 00’s biography ragging on the songs that made him famous.
Van Ailin'
Headlining Clubs

Post by Van Ailin' »

That's how I felt, too. Amazingly, the ONLY good song on the record is "Russia," the acoustic one at the end.
JizzySynatra

Post by JizzySynatra »

Vivian Campbell was so good on those Dio albums and did nothing great after that. Strange. And no, I don't agree that those albums are only great because he "stole some Trev Flemming riffs from Sweet Savage."
BernieTaupson

Post by BernieTaupson »

Ziggy Sawdust wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 1:53 am
BernieTaupson wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:35 pm Has he remembered that he did a reunion tour with Foreigner in 2018 yet? He did an interview a few months ago and said he never played with them again and hadn’t even seen Mick since 2013. The guy isn’t well.
Just going senile, dude in his 70’s, 2013 and 18 probably easy to confuse.
Wasn't a matter of getting 2013 and 2018 confused - he literally denied that he had ever played with Foreigner again after he left.

They did an entire 2017-2018 tour with the new band and the old band and even released a DVD of it.

He toured with them for a year and has forgotten he ever did so.

Even going so far when reminded about it that "some of the other guys played with them but I never did".

Dude it's on a DVD!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzlVzwnIgQs
Bono Nettencourt
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Bono Nettencourt »

JizzySynatra wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 5:30 pm

Vivian Campbell was so good on those Dio albums and did nothing great after that.
Thank you.

Riverdogs fucking blew.
ijwthstd wrote: obviously you take this way too seriously and were deeply affected by what transpired in the early 1990's and hopefully you are discussing these issues with a therapist in addition to other fans on music message boards.