Motley haters WTF do you want???

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Bassmaster1984
Headlining a Theater Tour

Motley haters WTF do you want???

Post by Bassmaster1984 »

The new song is ok, not great but not shit either. You all bitch about how it’s not like the old sleazy bluesy sound they had in the early 80’s YET you all bitched about New Tattoo album which did just that and had Mars on it. WTF do you want? Dogs of War sounds like a continuation of Saints of Los Angeles. What were you expecting?
Mars is gone, move on. Vince sounds good on the track enjoy it. He will sound like shit live so you should be happy. Fuck, I’m a 58 year old fan from day 1 . Enjoy it and shut the fuck up!
"You just pick a chord, go twang, and you've got music." Sid Vicious
aznsquirt
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Re: Motley haters WTF do you want???

Post by aznsquirt »

And this is why older bands continue to crank out uninspired shit, because there are enough people with this attitude that care more about maintaining their fandom/support than actually caring about whether or not the new music is worth their time/money.
rubysdad
Having Slaughter Open for You

Post by rubysdad »

I’m not a hater, I’ve grown older, we are the same age.
Truth is, the only albums I listen to now by choice are the first two, and that’s rarely.
My tastes have changed.
Before the arrival of Spotify and the like, I’d read about these two early tracks, Toast of the Town, and some other, fans raved about the quality of the songs , and lamented the fact they had never been released.
Spotify comes, and bonus tracks appear, and I didn’t like either of them.
It’s not just Motley though, I was a Kiss fan first and foremost.
I’ve left them behind too.
I don’t want anything from them.
That doesn’t mean they shouldn’t keep doing what they do, just that I’m not fazed.
HueyRamone
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by HueyRamone »

Bassmaster1984 wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:15 am The new song is ok, not great but not shit either.
I agree. It's sorta ok. But very poorly produced, and not right for Vince's voice
Bassmaster1984 wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:15 am You all bitch about how it’s not like the old sleazy bluesy sound they had in the early 80’s YET you all bitched about New Tattoo album which did just that and had Mars on it.
That had the sound, but no good songs, which every motley album up to Feelgood had at least a couple standouts.
Bassmaster1984 wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:15 am Dogs of War sounds like a continuation of Saints of Los Angeles. What were you expecting?
I didnt care for SOLA much either. I was expecting mediocre to crap, and it is what I got
Bassmaster1984 wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:15 am Mars is gone, move on.
Ok. I did.
Bassmaster1984 wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:15 am Vince sounds good on the track enjoy it.
He absolutly doesnt. It sounds fake, it doesnt play to his strengths, and it sounds like it was designed for a 'real' singer, and then they had to use Vince.
Bassmaster1984 wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:15 am He will sound like shit live
Indeed.
Bassmaster1984 wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:15 am I’m a 58 year old fan from day 1 .
Very proudaya!
Bassmaster1984 wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:15 am Enjoy it and shut the fuck up!
make me.
Don't Damn Me wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:21 pm Dummy, are you aware that hydroxy-chloroqin and Ivermectin have since been proven effective?
SchenkerFan
Headlining Clubs

Post by SchenkerFan »

rubysdad wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:30 am It’s not just Motley though, I was a Kiss fan first and foremost.
See, that's where it went wrong.
BootyDaddy69
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by BootyDaddy69 »

I want a song that they actually put some time and effort into not some shit generic garbage
skinni

Post by skinni »

I am not a Motley hater. I like them very much, and wanted, or rather expected a better song.

From my subjective musical standpoint: it's difficult to appreciate a song that doesn't resonate with me musically - this song is just not a very good.

Despite not liking this song, I'm excited and interested to see what other sounds they explore in the future.

Hopefully they hit it out of the park next time.
SexxAtraxxion
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by SexxAtraxxion »

They need a current songwriter.

Someone like Andrew Watt. He wrote the new songs for Ozzy, Rolling Stones, Iggy Pop, Pearl Jam
My music library at last.fm:
https://www.last.fm/user/JonathanHalen
rubysdad

Post by rubysdad »

SchenkerFan wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:41 am
rubysdad wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:30 am It’s not just Motley though, I was a Kiss fan first and foremost.
See, that's where it went wrong.
Hahaha!
Metal Judge
Headlining Clubs

Post by Metal Judge »

I want them to stop.
Love_Industry
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Love_Industry »

rubysdad wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:30 am
Before the arrival of Spotify and the like, I’d read about these two early tracks, Toast of the Town, and some other, fans raved about the quality of the songs , and lamented the fact they had never been released.
I take it you're not a CD guy? Because those two tracks and a few others were on the CD version of TFFL from 1999 or so... ten years before anybody cared about Spotify.
Ol' Dirty Bastard
Recording Debut Album

Post by Ol' Dirty Bastard »

Vince, Nikki and Tommy dropping dead would be nice.
LIVE N' UNCUT

Chip Z'Hoy

Post by Chip Z'Hoy »

Bassmaster1984 wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:15 am The new song is ok, not great but not shit either. You all bitch about how it’s not like the old sleazy bluesy sound they had in the early 80’s YET you all bitched about New Tattoo album which did just that and had Mars on it. WTF do you want? Dogs of War sounds like a continuation of Saints of Los Angeles. What were you expecting?
Mars is gone, move on. Vince sounds good on the track enjoy it. He will sound like shit live so you should be happy. Fuck, I’m a 58 year old fan from day 1 . Enjoy it and shut the fuck up!
Okay, I like the song now.
LAglamrocker wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:56 pmClub was packed with Metal Edge fans 18-30..no stupid Rush Roll The Bones dipsh*ts
Jason Jennifer Leigh
Headlining Clubs

Post by Jason Jennifer Leigh »

A song that doesn’t sound AI, has a catchy chorus and a decent solo.
GreatWhiteSnake
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by GreatWhiteSnake »

Just listened again more organically. It came up on Spotify while I showered. I absolutely would not have known who it was without prior knowledge. The main riff is absolutely a late 90s " jump around/break stuff" type thing. Also there's less Vince here than there is Ozzy in the current Ozzbot. Tommy's drumming, which for me is usually the best part of a Motley tune, indeed sounds like Chip is playing. Ok the solo rips but again, sounds completely unCrue. Zero sleaze...
Last edited by GreatWhiteSnake on Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GWS video of the week Seven Seconds of Shred https://youtu.be/6DAqH3eKqEM?si=N2I9eU92_ovsb69d updated 3/9/24
https://soundcloud.com/crunch-104998557
Chip Z'Hoy

Post by Chip Z'Hoy »

There's a hook, they just gave up on writing it halfway through. They did the exact same thing on "All Bad Things."

Basically this (borrowing from RHCP):

Put us on MTV
All we really need
Ah-ah-ah-ah-ah
Ah-ah-ah-ah-ah

It's like they start to get catchy and then go "Okay, good enough" and give up. :lol:
LAglamrocker wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:56 pmClub was packed with Metal Edge fans 18-30..no stupid Rush Roll The Bones dipsh*ts
ParaDime77

Post by ParaDime77 »

The Motley production the past 15 years is processed, computerized garbage. You have one of the best drummers of the genre and the drum sound is nothing remotely close to Feelgood or MC94. That sound was Motley’s calling card and due to laziness the band got away from that.
Everyone Is Someone Else's Bitch
Wild Obsession
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Wild Obsession »

Song sucks, production sucks, John 5 sucks.
Probably written and recorded 100% by John 5, with Vince doing the vocals over a reference track.
Engine13
Headlining Clubs

Post by Engine13 »

The four of them in a room playing simultaneously while recording with a Sony boombox and a Maxell cassette would sound a 1000x better than what they just put out.
Psychobolia.com
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas
Location: Paris, France, land of sleaze and cheese, wine and whine

Post by Psychobolia.com »

I want Mick back, and that sharp/rude guitar sound they had on Shout at the Devil!

And no outside writers.

And make sure Sixx is back on heroin again.

Gimme an album that sounds like it was released after Too Fast and before Shout!
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

SexxAtraxxion wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:52 pm They need a current songwriter.

Someone like Andrew Watt. He wrote the new songs for Ozzy, Rolling Stones, Iggy Pop, Pearl Jam
That’s the last thing they need. This actually sounds like that… manufactured “product” that came off an assembly line, not actual music.

What I want is for a bunch of 60 year old men to play what’s in their hearts… play what they like… not play what they think will make them seem current.
Danzig in the Dark

Post by Danzig in the Dark »

WOLF wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:54 pm
SexxAtraxxion wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:52 pm They need a current songwriter.

That’s the last thing they need. This actually sounds like that… manufactured “product” that came off an assembly line, not actual music.

What I want is for a bunch of 60 year old men to play what’s in their hearts… play what they like… not play what they think will make them seem current.
That is what is in their hearts.
ImageImage
FreddyFender
Headlining Clubs

Post by FreddyFender »

I love New Tattoo. Something like that would be great compared to this.

I am tried of all this cut-paste protools “modern rock” bullshit. Micks new album and this both sound like Sixx AM, which sounds like a bad 2006ish Papa Roach imitation. Why would I want to any of that shit when I could just listen to Papa Roach (which I’ll pass on)
DangerZone
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by DangerZone »

a palm muted/pedal riff similar to ‘looks that kill,’ with a single note pumping bass line and a big drum sound playing a hard rock beat.
Not some deftones, triggered drum sample breakdown verse.
rubysdad

Post by rubysdad »

Love_Industry wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:17 pm
rubysdad wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:30 am
I take it you're not a CD guy? Because those two tracks and a few others were on the CD version of TFFL from 1999 or so... ten years before anybody cared about Spotify.
No, I had the albums, and religiously made tape copies of all albums for listening in the car.
Most of my albums were only played once.
By the time cd’s came intrusive my tastes had already changed .
Most of my cds were more grunge than hair metal.
And the greater percentage of those were Oz bands whose cd’s I brought at shows.
HueyRamone

Post by HueyRamone »

Psychobolia.com wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:51 pm I want Mick back, and that sharp/rude guitar sound they had on Shout at the Devil!

And no outside writers.

And make sure Sixx is back on heroin again.

Gimme an album that sounds like it was released after Too Fast and before Shout!
It's funny that everyone wants that.... and they wont do it.

Everyone in the stadium shows wants Girls Girls Girls and Looks that Kill. And they're desperate to continue to write more If I die Tomorrow's. Which they dont play live, because... no one wants that.
Don't Damn Me wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:21 pm Dummy, are you aware that hydroxy-chloroqin and Ivermectin have since been proven effective?
cowpins
Platinum Artist

Post by cowpins »

Motley exists because Nikki responded to an ad that said, "loud, rude, and aggressive guitar player available", and is what I want.
"bus problems come on man so boring we have our bus its awesome and we r watching judge judy on it right now tour is going great 14 more shows to go see you out there rockin peeps not you garbageman you stay home" - HueyRamone, 7/3/12
VincentVanWinger
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by VincentVanWinger »

Wild Side and SATD are what you get when you have a pro writing your shit. Dogs of Snore is what you get when you leave Nikki alone with ChatGPT and he’s surrounded by ass lickers who can’t tell him it sucks.
JizzySynatra

Post by JizzySynatra »

It sounds like "modern rock" from 20 years ago. Completely forgettable.
Chip Z'Hoy

Post by Chip Z'Hoy »

JizzySynatra wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:33 am It sounds like "modern rock" from 20 years ago. Completely forgettable.
In Motley's defense, it seems like no band is able to move past the Stone Sour generic 00's sound. It's like rock music collectively said "Okay, end of the line."