New Deep Purple

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

BernieTaupson
Headlining Clubs

New Deep Purple

Post by BernieTaupson »

No Morse.

Pretty good, as far as Deep Purple in 2024 is going to sound.

https://youtu.be/4E3MP5jIMT8?si=rYVWR84g0I3zuNs6
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Re: New Deep Purple

Post by WOLF »

Excellent track… a little Pictures Of Home, a little Rapture Of The Deep. Real solid for near octogenarians!
VicStelly
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by VicStelly »

Love Morse solo and with the Dregs, i love Purple, found Morse in Deep Purple very boring.

This is encouraging, not familar with mcbride but i liked the guitar tone and the energy. Please continue
BernieTaupson
Headlining Clubs

Post by BernieTaupson »

keyofgee wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:19 am its been pulled down :-(
Works here, listening now.
GreatWhiteSnake
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by GreatWhiteSnake »

Simon is a brute and perfect for the job...
GWS video of the week Seven Seconds of Shred https://youtu.be/6DAqH3eKqEM?si=N2I9eU92_ovsb69d updated 3/9/24
https://soundcloud.com/crunch-104998557
Anthrax442
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by Anthrax442 »

Weren't these guys supposed to retire like 5 years ago after touring with Alice Cooper?

Edit: found it. Was of course one of those "better see us now because it might be it...but then again, maybe not" tours.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Long_Goodbye_Tour
MurrayFiend wrote:Shit, deathcurse, you sure know how to make an exit.
keyofgee
Headlining Clubs

Post by keyofgee »

man that is a killer song! Just played it twice. gonna keep spinning it.
GermanKissFan
Opening Act in Local Bars

Post by GermanKissFan »

Love DP and this is just another reason why :-)

(Never understood why America pretty much lost interest in them since the early 90s...)

Here is the official video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbwiEDD04CY

Love Paicy, but here he looks really old and tired. Guess, noone is getting any younger...
kingrolfus

Post by kingrolfus »

Name one band that consistently releases music of Deep Purple's caliber, year after year, decade after decade, for over half a century.
Anthrax442
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by Anthrax442 »

Not bad for a bunch of guys pushing 80. I haven't heard a lot of the Morse material, but this definitely has a different feel from a guitar perspective than I'm used to.
MurrayFiend wrote:Shit, deathcurse, you sure know how to make an exit.
Demon Kogure
Lugging equipment around in parent's car

Post by Demon Kogure »

kingrolfus wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:34 am Name one band that consistently releases music of Deep Purple's caliber, year after year, decade after decade, for over half a century.
I'm a fan, but as far as I'm concerned, they had only one good song between 1974 and 1995. They didn't even exist from '76 to '84
Last edited by Demon Kogure on Wed May 01, 2024 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
DangerZone
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by DangerZone »

Demon Kogure wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 5:11 am
kingrolfus wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:34 am Name one band that consistently releases music of Deep Purple's caliber, year after year, decade after decade, for over half a century.
I'm a fan, but as far as I'm concerned, they had only good song between 1974 and 1995. They didn't even exist from '76 to '84
yeah, stick with the Goatcunthair albums
Bono Nettencourt
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Bono Nettencourt »

Anthrax442 wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:36 am Weren't these guys supposed to retire like 5 years ago after touring with Alice Cooper?

Edit: found it. Was of course one of those "better see us now because it might be it...but then again, maybe not" tours.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Long_Goodbye_Tour
Lol yeah I memba that one. Think they "headlined" but half the ppl were leaving after ACs set. They're like anyone else, someone offered them a tour, so off they went. I've ignored them since Blackmore left in 94. I love Steve Morse, but Gillans voice was shot in 88 and without TMIB I'm not interested at all.
ijwthstd wrote: obviously you take this way too seriously and were deeply affected by what transpired in the early 1990's and hopefully you are discussing these issues with a therapist in addition to other fans on music message boards.
SchenkerFan
Headlining Clubs

Post by SchenkerFan »

I'm not hearing what's supposedly so good about this. Pretty average track. Solo was nice, that's about it.
kingrolfus

Post by kingrolfus »

Demon Kogure wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 5:11 am
I'm a fan, but as far as I'm concerned, they had only one good song between 1974 and 1995. They didn't even exist from '76 to '84
Only one good song between Perfect Strangers, House of blue Light, Slaves and Masters and The Battle rages on?

Seriously?
Demon Kogure
Lugging equipment around in parent's car

Post by Demon Kogure »

kingrolfus wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 12:32 pm Only one good song between Perfect Strangers, House of blue Light, Slaves and Masters and The Battle rages on?
Yeah, just my opinion. Everything on Perfect Strangers sounds like a B-side to me, except the title track. House of Blue Light and The Battle Rages On don't even sound like Deep Purple. And I don't care for Joe Lynn Turner