Memphis

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

superglide88
Headlining Clubs

Memphis

Post by superglide88 »

What’s it like these days? I’m in the area and thinking of visiting Graceland and some museums. Beale street worth visiting or too sketchy? Any other must sees or avoids?
Vandermint wrote:At best, KISS is Alice Cooper for dumb people
eddie lee roth wrote:myself and members of my family could use some help but I'm supposed to help some fucker in a banana suit first.
Get the fuck out of here with this bullshit :!:
JourneyRules
Passing Out Band Flyers

Re: Memphis

Post by JourneyRules »

I think the touristy areas are fine, but when I was there I got the impression that you don't want to wander too far away from those main areas.
Traxan
Headlining Clubs

Post by Traxan »

Repeatedly listed among the top violent crime cities in the country, on par with Detroit, Oakland, East St. Louis and Chicago
Playboyliquor59
Recording Debut Album

Post by Playboyliquor59 »

I’m in Memphis very often for work, was in south Memphis last week. Don’t let the poster above scare you, unless you have have beef or an issue with someone (which I’m sure you don’t) you will be fine. It’s just like any other city. I don’t think you are going to be hanging around a gas station on airways at 3am.
Bono Nettencourt
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Bono Nettencourt »

Maybe ppl who want to do stuff other than hangout in sleazy rock dives might feel less safe.
ijwthstd wrote: obviously you take this way too seriously and were deeply affected by what transpired in the early 1990's and hopefully you are discussing these issues with a therapist in addition to other fans on music message boards.
superglide88
Headlining Clubs

Post by superglide88 »

Playboyliquor59 wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 3:55 pm I’m in Memphis very often for work, was in south Memphis last week. Don’t let the poster above scare you, unless you have have beef or an issue with someone (which I’m sure you don’t) you will be fine. It’s just like any other city. I don’t think you are going to be hanging around a gas station on airways at 3am.
That’s not the plan no, just park downtown near Beale street and do some musea and a bus tour and get back to my hotel in Southaven early evening.
Some Reddit comments are like: dont go anywhere, you WILL get robbed and shit like that.
Graceland area seems to be very sketchy though outside the grounds.
Vandermint wrote:At best, KISS is Alice Cooper for dumb people
eddie lee roth wrote:myself and members of my family could use some help but I'm supposed to help some fucker in a banana suit first.
Get the fuck out of here with this bullshit :!:
SterileEyes1
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by SterileEyes1 »

I like Overton Park in midtown that has the zoo. It’s a good walk. Beale Street is fine for what it is. I thought the BBQ out there was pretty disappointing. I remember Brother Juniper’s was a real good breakfast spot.
My Video Covers: https://www.youtube.com/@therealjeffstein/

"Diary Of A Madman"
"Aja"
"Atlas, Rise!"
“Sludge Factory”
"Locomotive"

My Original Music: https://jeffstein.bandcamp.com