I need to buy a new dishwasher

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Mister Freeze
Platinum Artist

I need to buy a new dishwasher

Post by Mister Freeze »

They seem to range in price from around $400 to $1,200. What's the difference? I just want something to clean dishes. Don't need "WiFi Connectivity" in a dishwasher.

Best Buy charges $180 installation, $30 delivery, $40 for the "kit" and $60 to remove the old one :x

skunklovestiger wrote: A comment like this needs a really useless piece of shit. Well maybe you are used to get fucked by your mother in the basement. It would be better if somebody just kills you useless asshole. Just killl yourself shithead.
Black Stuff
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Re: I need to buy a new dishwasher

Post by Black Stuff »

I usually look at Consumers, first. If you want, send me any model numbers you are interested in and i can look them up and send you the reports on them.
The power of Sludge compels you.
GreatWhiteSnake
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by GreatWhiteSnake »

Bought a new dishwasher a couple of years ago. Installer dude says go German. Americans don't know how to make a dishwasher...
GWS video of the week Seven Seconds of Shred https://youtu.be/6DAqH3eKqEM?si=N2I9eU92_ovsb69d updated 3/9/24
https://soundcloud.com/crunch-104998557
Mister Freeze
Platinum Artist

Post by Mister Freeze »

Ok. Thanks. Bosch seems to be the most inexpensive way to go German. Best Buy has installation discounts online too. They prefer to fuck you in person in seems.
skunklovestiger wrote: A comment like this needs a really useless piece of shit. Well maybe you are used to get fucked by your mother in the basement. It would be better if somebody just kills you useless asshole. Just killl yourself shithead.
Mojo
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Mojo »

The Feds have really cracked down on human trafficking. Plus, these modern bitches are lazy. You have to really shop around to even find one that’ll wash dishes, anymore.
Rooster wrote: I hunt with a handgun.
pieceofme wrote: Yeah, Mojo is a lot of peoples favourite!
keyofgee wrote: I am a free thinker
Image Image
DonJuanDeMarco
Headlining Clubs

Post by DonJuanDeMarco »

Mojo wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 7:53 am The Feds have really cracked down on human trafficking. Plus, these modern bitches are lazy. You have to really shop around to even find one that’ll wash dishes, anymore.
Agreed. Your best option used to be a foreign made young model. Groom her to groom you. Dishes, laundry, housework, general maintenance. These days it's tough. They all learned to speak English from watching the Jersey Shore and Rich Housewives of Whatever. Not to mention, apparently there is not statute of limitations on sexual harassment. If you asked her for a blowjob in the 1970's, she can still file a lawsuit. And she still gets half.

So I suggest doing your own dishes by hand. Don't trust the Japs.
"You want Don Juan DeMarco, the world's greatest lover, to talk to you? What do you know of great love?"
GreatWhiteSnake

Post by GreatWhiteSnake »

Men wash dishes also 'ya know! #metoo...
GWS video of the week Seven Seconds of Shred https://youtu.be/6DAqH3eKqEM?si=N2I9eU92_ovsb69d updated 3/9/24
https://soundcloud.com/crunch-104998557
LSD69
Headlining Clubs

Post by LSD69 »

Mister Freeze wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 7:46 am Bosch seems to be the most inexpensive way to go German.
You can't beat Bosch.
Engine13
Headlining Clubs

Post by Engine13 »

Splurge for the dishwasher/sandwichmaker model.
Psychobolia.com
Location: Paris, France, land of sleaze and cheese, wine and whine

Post by Psychobolia.com »

Dishwalla, terrible band.
ar1888
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by ar1888 »

Out old Maytag died 6 months ago. We replaced with a Bosxh. Been very happy with it so far.
NeonKnite
Your Cock, My Mouth

Post by NeonKnite »

I recommend Bosch also.

We remodeled our kitchen almost 2 years ago. Upgraded from the ancient cheapo that the previous owner had put in.

In addition to how well it works, the best thing about it is how quiet it is. Our old dishwasher sounded like a fucking dump truck. You can barely hear this thing run which is awesome.
VinnieVincentsVag
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by VinnieVincentsVag »

Easy to install.
Use your old items instead of installation kit.
Do it yourself.
TommyBoy68
Opening for Slaughter

Post by TommyBoy68 »

Replacing can be done DIY, if you are willing to take it on. Can simply connect new feed hoses and AC power to existing services, assuming old one functioned without issues.

Price range will really mean more expensive = quieter. You also get stainless steel inside cabinet with the higher price point. I recently put in a new Maytag brand. It has a leak monitor which threw an error code after my first run. Turns out my water hose was not fully tightened, it was nice to get notification rather than have to find out later, the hard way, that I had a little leak in the connection.
TomS.
Minneapolis, MN USA
NeonKnite
Your Cock, My Mouth

Post by NeonKnite »

TommyBoy68 wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 4:32 am Replacing can be done DIY, if you are willing to take it on. Can simply connect new feed hoses and AC power to existing services, assuming old one functioned without issues.
I was going to do it myself, however I decided not to due to other stuff I had to get done and it wasn't going to cost that much.

When the installers came, they discovered that my plumbing was not setup as needed. It needed the hot water connection from the sink supply, but my existing had a dedicated hot water hookup that they wouldn't be able to access with this particular Bosch unit once installed. I would have had to go with a different unit, and given it was coming out of the pandemic, I was lucky to have the one I did. So it cost me a few hundred dollars extra for them to fix it and they had to come back another day to do so.

So, you never know what you'll run into, and if I did it myself I likely wouldn't have realized this and I can only imagine how frustrating it would have been for me trying to figure this out.
DangerZone
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by DangerZone »

NeonKnite wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 10:35 am I recommend Bosch also.

We remodeled our kitchen almost 2 years ago. Upgraded from the ancient cheapo that the previous owner had put in.

In addition to how well it works, the best thing about it is how quiet it is. Our old dishwasher sounded like a fucking dump truck. You can barely hear this thing run which is awesome.
We have a Bosch and it’s horrible.
Water pools in the bottom and stinks.
I thought this might’ve been an installation problem but if you look up reviews/forums it’s a common problem & design flaw.
I’m gonna be installing a new washer this evening, actually
NeonKnite
Your Cock, My Mouth

Post by NeonKnite »

DangerZone wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 7:57 am

I thought this might’ve been an installation problem but if you look up reviews/forums it’s a common problem & design flaw.
Bosch is consistently rated as the best brand of Dishwashers by Consumer Reports. When I was researching dishwashers, that's what came up time and time again. I wasn't familiar with them before hand.

I can imagine your problems are due to a specific model. I purposely avoided the cheapest models in their line-up, because they have less features and usually where corners are skipped by any brand.
DangerZone
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by DangerZone »

NeonKnite wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 8:21 am
DangerZone wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 7:57 am

Bosch is consistently rated as the best brand of Dishwashers by Consumer Reports. When I was researching dishwashers, that's what came up time and time again. I wasn't familiar with them before hand.

I can imagine your problems are due to a specific model. I purposely avoided the cheapest models in their line-up, because they have less features and usually where corners are skipped by any brand.
Yeah, I heard Bosch was one of the best so I assumed it was a problem on my end.
But this model had all the same complaints.
Dyslexicheart
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Dyslexicheart »

Mister Freeze wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 7:46 am Ok. Thanks. Bosch seems to be the most inexpensive way to go German. Best Buy has installation discounts online too. They prefer to fuck you in person in seems.
Make sure it's actually a German made Bosch. I grabbed the last one of those available in my area a couple years ago, now they're all north American made, and not as good.
VinnieVincentsVag

NeonKnite wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 4:41 am
TommyBoy68 wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 4:32 am Replacing can be done DIY, if you are willing to take it on. Can simply connect new feed hoses and AC power to existing services, assuming old one functioned without issues.
I was going to do it myself, however I decided not to due to other stuff I had to get done and it wasn't going to cost that much.

When the installers came, they discovered that my plumbing was not setup as needed. It needed the hot water connection from the sink supply, but my existing had a dedicated hot water hookup that they wouldn't be able to access with this particular Bosch unit once installed. I would have had to go with a different unit, and given it was coming out of the pandemic, I was lucky to have the one I did. So it cost me a few hundred dollars extra for them to fix it and they had to come back another day to do so.

So, you never know what you'll run into, and if I did it myself I likely wouldn't have realized this and I can only imagine how frustrating it would have been for me trying to figure this out.
Dude….
You got scammed.
Just sayin…
Isn’t a plumber or appliance installer that doesn’t carry anything he could possibly need on an install.
Sorry.
Danzig in the Dark
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Danzig in the Dark »

VinnieVincentsVag wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 6:49 pm
NeonKnite wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 4:41 am

Dude….
You got scammed.
Just sayin…
Isn’t a plumber or appliance installer that doesn’t carry anything he could possibly need on an install.
Sorry.
Isn't he a Kisstard? He should be used to it.
ImageImage
NeonKnite
Your Cock, My Mouth

Post by NeonKnite »

VinnieVincentsVag wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 6:49 pm Dude….
You got scammed.
Just sayin…
Sorry.
Nope. They had to come back because it takes longer than the time they had allotted for a regular dishwasher install.

This happens all the time nowadays the way the installers/plumbers are scheduled (especially with big box like Lowe's). They have a certain amount of jobs they need to get through and if something is going to wreck the rest of their schedule, they aren't doing it. They'll move you to another day.
El Vampiro Blanco
Headlining Clubs

Post by El Vampiro Blanco »

NeonKnite wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 11:39 am
You got scammed.
Just sayin…
Sorry.
Nope. They had to come back because it takes longer than the time they had allotted for a regular dishwasher install.

This happens all the time nowadays the way the installers/plumbers are scheduled (especially with big box like Lowe's). They have a certain amount of jobs they need to get through and if something is going to wreck the rest of their schedule, they aren't doing it. They'll move you to another day.
Why would a dishwasher need to be connected to the hot water supply? It heats the water itself.
Mine have always been connected to the cold water (here in Europe).
Brand wise, over here Miele is top of the line. No idea if that brand is sold in the US. It is German as well.
JamesHetfieldsAcneScars
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by JamesHetfieldsAcneScars »

Just don't buy one from samsung, lg, Motorola or any of that kinda trash.
VinnieVincentsVag

El Vampiro Blanco wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 12:47 am
You got scammed.
Just sayin…
Sorry.

Why would a dishwasher need to be connected to the hot water supply? It heats the water itself.
Brand wise, over here Miele is top of the line. No idea if that brand is sold in the US. It is German as well.
I have never installed a dishwasher that heats its own water and doesn’t need to be connected to hot water.
I’ve installed at least 100 in the last 30 yrs.
Granted, most of them are low dollar appliances
El Vampiro Blanco
Headlining Clubs

VinnieVincentsVag wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 8:51 am
El Vampiro Blanco wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 12:47 am

I have never installed a dishwasher that heats its own water and doesn’t need to be connected to hot water.
I’ve installed at least 100 in the last 30 yrs.
Granted, most of them are low dollar appliances
Wow, over here they all have a water heater!
I even went into the kitchen just now to check mine and it is on the cold water line.
So, in the US you can also not choose the temperature to wash the dishes at?
Aerosmith87
Opening Act in Arenas

Post by Aerosmith87 »

Mister Freeze wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 7:46 am Ok. Thanks. Bosch seems to be the most inexpensive way to go German. Best Buy has installation discounts online too. They prefer to fuck you in person in seems.
My bosch is solid. Nothing to write home about or complain about. Just the way I like my dishwashers.
NeonKnite
Your Cock, My Mouth

Post by NeonKnite »

From the Maytag site:

DOES A DISHWASHER HEAT THE WATER?
Most modern dishwashers heat water with their own heating element. This enables the appliance to achieve the correct temperatures for different cycles and options. The most common connection for a dishwasher is a water supply of 120℉ and a 120V/15 amp electrical outlet.

DO DISHWASHERS NEED A HOT WATER SUPPLY?
Dishwashers are connected to your home’s hot water connection. Your dishwasher likely also has a heating element that is usually located at the base of the tub. The heating element can heat the water to an even hotter temperature than the water from your faucet. Learn what to do if your dishwasher is not getting water.
El Vampiro Blanco
Headlining Clubs

Weird, the websites for the various brands over here say to connect it to the cold water supply....
I can't imagine the machines are actually different between the US and Europe...
VinnieVincentsVag

NeonKnite wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 11:55 am From the Maytag site:

DOES A DISHWASHER HEAT THE WATER?
Most modern dishwashers heat water with their own heating element. This enables the appliance to achieve the correct temperatures for different cycles and options. The most common connection for a dishwasher is a water supply of 120℉ and a 120V/15 amp electrical outlet.

DO DISHWASHERS NEED A HOT WATER SUPPLY?
Dishwashers are connected to your home’s hot water connection. Your dishwasher likely also has a heating element that is usually located at the base of the tub. The heating element can heat the water to an even hotter temperature than the water from your faucet. Learn what to do if your dishwasher is not getting water.
Interesting… i know the element in the bottom is used for the “heated dry” setting.