Kentucky Derby: Ava's Daddy for the win?

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

TooOldToCare
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Kentucky Derby: Ava's Daddy for the win?

Post by TooOldToCare »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fT8KM4Bxco

I pay little attention to these guys, so when I see Jon or Richie, it's a little startling how these 80s "heartthrob" rockers look so friggin old. I know I look like shit. You see some handsome older guys out there now and again. Aging rockers are not in that demo.
Rocker4Real
Pimping Your Demo At Shows

Re: Kentucky Derby: Ava's Daddy for the win?

Post by Rocker4Real »

You don't think the white suit is cool?
TooOldToCare

Post by TooOldToCare »

Rocker4Real wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 9:49 am You don't think the white suit is cool?
It's "Derby Cool," but the Derby look is not my thing. He sounds more coherent than any interview in the last decade. That's a good thing. I'm talking more about that hair and the fate most of us suffer with age, droopy skin/face, plus he has that non-stop-growing Italian schnoz. I'm ragging on aging, and I'm still seven years his junior and right there with him. I spend too much time dwelling on age and life since my dad died. Accepting, but not in love with, the future.
DonJuanDeMarco
Headlining Clubs

Post by DonJuanDeMarco »

Rock & Roll is not a daytime activity.

The thin frizzy hair, Elton John glasses and white suit are not helping.
"You want Don Juan DeMarco, the world's greatest lover, to talk to you? What do you know of great love?"
TooOldToCare

Post by TooOldToCare »

Never thought of it that way. I always come back to Rick Springfield as a good example. Genetics and a little Botox help, and he still looks pretty good. On and off stage, he's a tee-shirt/jeans guy. It never looks out of place. If you have a rock n roll stage persona and try to keep that going in daily life, you're bound to miss the target sometimes. I give Jon some credit for embracing the gray, but JFC, the style looks like hell. Dyke grandma. Richie is trying to keep the same color and style from 25 years ago; it looks like he flat-irons that straw, too.