RIP OFF & TEAR - Riley's L.A. Guns calls out Golden Robot for not delivering their latest LP; "They won't answer emails"

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

MetalSludgeCEO
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

RIP OFF & TEAR - Riley's L.A. Guns calls out Golden Robot for not delivering their latest LP; "They won't answer emails"

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

RIP OFF AND TEAR ...
Riley's L.A. Guns calls out Golden Robot Records for not delivering their latest record; "They won’t answer my emails so we are all left in limbo."
https://metalsludge.tv/rip-off-tear-ril ... -in-limbo/

Ugh... this ain't cool at all!

$ludge
Last edited by MetalSludgeCEO on Mon May 06, 2024 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rocker4Real
Pimping Your Demo At Shows

Re: RIP OFF & TEAR - Riley's L.A. Guns calls out Golden Robot for not delivering their latest LP; "They won't answer ema

Post by Rocker4Real »

There's something goin' on with Golden Robot. Other bands have had issues with them giving an advance and then trying to get it back.
DemonFilth2001
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Re: RIP OFF & TEAR - Riley's L.A. Guns calls out Golden Robot for not delivering their latest LP; "They won't answer ema

Post by DemonFilth2001 »

RLS? Coming in to save the day???
KEYBOARD WARRIOR!
HueyRamone

Post by HueyRamone »

Maybe they shipped all the CDs to Riley.
Don't Damn Me wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:21 pm Dummy, are you aware that hydroxy-chloroqin and Ivermectin have since been proven effective?
eddie lee roth
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by eddie lee roth »

HueyRamone wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 2:18 pm Maybe they shipped all the CDs to Riley.
Tales from the crypt
MetalSludgeCEO

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

I just asked a few people of value... about this label...

And oddly... I immediately got 3-4 replies, ALL bad... ALL not good... ALL having issues with them.

Sounds like it's not a singular issue with just 1 band... oh well... anyone who is working with this label, be prepared to get F#@ked over!

$tEvil
FreddyFender
Headlining Clubs

Post by FreddyFender »

John Sykes's album release was scrapped due to back-and-forth with them.

I assumed it was Sykes being a pain in the ass, but given these other issues there was probably some truth to it.
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

I don’t get it why didn’t Riley just sign with Taylor Swift label?
They don’t seem to have problems
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
TorienRoxxGang
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by TorienRoxxGang »

Faster Pussycat signec with them and 2 singles which the vinyl sold out. The full length release never happened.
Deege
Headlining Clubs

Post by Deege »

MetalSludgeCEO wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 2:46 pm I just asked a few people of value... about this label...

And oddly... I immediately got 3-4 replies, ALL bad... ALL not good... ALL having issues with them.

Sounds like it's not a singular issue with just 1 band... oh well... anyone who is working with this label, be prepared to get F#@ked over!

$tEvil
I remember a few years ago there was an announcement that the band King's X had signed with Golden Robot. But when they finally released their newest album, it was on a different label, with no mention of ever being on that label. Wonder if there's some dirt there?
http://www.FuzzRecordingStudio.com
Affordable Multitrack Recording (Ohio)
http://www.SDMFworldwide.com
The Official Black Label Society Fan-Site
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

You really can’t blame Golden Robot records they were shocked to see 7 pre orders come in the inbox. Now they had problem -had to actually get product made and shipped.
Glad this got resolved.
Jason Green should interview the 7 people that ordered them on his show
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
GoodJudge
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by GoodJudge »

Deege wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 4:18 am
MetalSludgeCEO wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 2:46 pm I just asked a few people of value... about this label...

$tEvil
I remember a few years ago there was an announcement that the band King's X had signed with Golden Robot. But when they finally released their newest album, it was on a different label, with no mention of ever being on that label. Wonder if there's some dirt there?
From wiki: "The band signed a world-wide record deal on October 8, 2018, with Australian independent record label, Golden Robot Records, who had planned to release their new album in the U.S, Australia and Europe sometime in 2019;[41] however, the project's release had faced myriad delays within the next few years, due to COVID-related manufacturing issues as well as the slow progress of the band working on the album".
MetalSludgeCEO

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

I see mention of King's X, and yes... this is one of the bands I heard had issues with Golden Robot.

In my post on FB here > https://www.facebook.com/stevierachelle ... raxUtSw2rl

Ron Young of Little Caesar wrote:
""""""Ron Young
Chuck Mcfind Count Little Caesar in on that list of folks that got ghosted quite quickly. Great promises and little delivery after a quick burst and then forgotten. Using one band to entice another band to sign on as if there must be credibility in the promises made. But when every single band has serious complaints, I would beware.""""""""""""""

--------------------

Another comment adds:
""""""Chuck Mcfind
Skid Row, John Sykes, Minefield, Kings X, Puddle of Mudd, and several others are some of the notable bands that have left the label and seemingly not been allowed to talk about anything.
The fact they ignored Kelly and the boys emails for weeks but magically appear the second something bad gets said about them online should speak miles.""""""""

--------------------

And this as well:
"""""""Jay Rusnak
Sykes had plenty to say (for him) and it all basically echoed the crap Kelly's detailing now. They may as well be called Black Hole Records."""""""

---------------------

Where there is smoke, there is fire... just sayin'

$tEvil
MetalSludgeCEO

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

NEWS & UPDATES …
Golden Robot Records have sent Metal Sludge an official statement regarding Riley’s L.A. Guns and their “The Dark Horse” LP
#rileyslaguns #goldenrobotrecords #laguns #steveriley #kellynickels #scottygriffin #kurtfrohlic #metalsludge
https://metalsludge.tv/news-updates-gol ... -horse-lp/

$ludge