All the lies in Super Size Me

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

BernieTaupson
Headlining Clubs

All the lies in Super Size Me

Post by BernieTaupson »

Turns out he was a binge drinker and his liver got pickled by booze not by quarter pounders!

https://youtu.be/gXtJ12EeaOs?si=_CW-jqjSYYvagKt0
aznsquirt
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Re: All the lies in Super Size Me

Post by aznsquirt »

Not to be that guy, but anyone with half a brain knew his movie was horseshit when it came out.
Wednesday 13 Fan

Post by Wednesday 13 Fan »

Well, here comes the fat people defending their food from a 20-something year old movie.
BernieTaupson
Headlining Clubs

Post by BernieTaupson »

aznsquirt wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 12:32 am Not to be that guy, but anyone with half a brain knew his movie was horseshit when it came out.
Yeah, that too.
TravisBicklesMohawk
Headlining a Theater Tour

Post by TravisBicklesMohawk »

Not really. Anybody who eats McD's every day for a fucking month is going to get fat as a fucking pig and probably drop dead from a heart attack at age 30.

Common sense.

Seen all the fat kids lately? Wonder what they are eating for breakfast? :roll:

And the only thing I find gross about the documentary is the appearance of Jared from Subway hanging around school children.
The Tao of Pooh
Image Image
aznsquirt

Post by aznsquirt »

TravisBicklesMohawk wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 4:22 am Not really. Anybody who eats McD's every day for a fucking month is going to get fat as a fucking pig and probably drop dead from a heart attack at age 30.

Common sense.
Yeah, except that's not actually true.

"Common sense" is why people took this movie at face value even though it was a complete fraud.
TravisBicklesMohawk
Headlining a Theater Tour

Post by TravisBicklesMohawk »

aznsquirt wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 5:59 am
TravisBicklesMohawk wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 4:22 am Not really. Anybody who eats McD's every day for a fucking month is going to get fat as a fucking pig and probably drop dead from a heart attack at age 30.

Common sense.

"Common sense" is why people took this movie at face value even though it was a complete fraud.
How so! Please elucidate further.
The Tao of Pooh
Image Image
Wednesday 13 Fan

Post by Wednesday 13 Fan »

TravisBicklesMohawk wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 6:11 am

Common sense.

McDonald's food is very healthy for you, they have salads and everything. 🤣
LAglamrocker
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by LAglamrocker »

I’m just glad Clerks movie was real.. phenomenal documentary

Wonder what Supersize WVH documentary he liked best
“ mommy I want be these people not next generation guitar player to pops loser dipsh*t fans - I’m going eat at McDonalds everyday for rest of my life and drink Double Big Gulps all day! “
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
FreddyFender
Headlining Clubs

Post by FreddyFender »

Yeah, Americans are fat as fuck for no reason at all.
Rocker4Real
Pimping Your Demo At Shows

Post by Rocker4Real »

I liked Supersize Me 2 about chicken. It was effective at actually making me feel bad for those things.
pieceofme
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by pieceofme »

After eating one Macdonalds meal I feel awful. Can't imagine how bad i would feel eating it for 30 days straight.

Dmbrocker want to chime in? I'm sure you've had Macdonald for 30 days in a row in your lifetime.
GrayAntiMatter wrote:EVH

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
Mister Freeze
Platinum Artist

Post by Mister Freeze »

In theory, a lot of Americans could improve their diets by sticking to three meals a day - even McDonald's meals - and not grazing all day long, which so many do. It could also possibly improve their balance of protein, carbs and fat.

That being said, McDonald's is some of the worst food out there, even by fast food standards. The fries are the biggest culprit, but the beef, chicken, and cheese quality is shit. Empty calories and chemicals. Just garbage. And most Americans today aren't active enough to burn it off.

I could see the binge drinking being responsible for the liver issues, but he had a baseline at the beginning of his McDonalds experiment, right? If it got worse at the end of the McDonalds run, then the food is the only difference - unless he added ibuprofen and other drugs, which are far worse on your liver than food or booze.

Trying to replicate the results of a McDonald's diet by a guy in his 30s with college-age students in their early 20s is laughable. That's the age group best suited to plow through fast food without issues.
skunklovestiger wrote: A comment like this needs a really useless piece of shit. Well maybe you are used to get fucked by your mother in the basement. It would be better if somebody just kills you useless asshole. Just killl yourself shithead.
GoodJudge

Post by GoodJudge »

Common sense.
No! It's their genes! All of them. They just can't help it. And anyway, morbid obesity is a valid lifestyle choice that should be celebrated, not oppressed by thinny body-shaming fascists. :D :roll:
NeonKnite
Your Cock, My Mouth

Post by NeonKnite »

Common sense.
This guy says you're full of shit.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... rs%20daily.
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

NeonKnite wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 7:25 am

Common sense.

Thats the exception, not the norm. And probably demonfilths dad.
GrayAntiMatter wrote:EVH

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
dmbrocker
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

pieceofme wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 6:45 am After eating one Macdonalds meal I feel awful. Can't imagine how bad i would feel eating it for 30 days straight.

Dmbrocker want to chime in? I'm sure you've had Macdonald for 30 days in a row in your lifetime.
No, actually. Besides, if I were gonna binge on fast food for 30 days straight, I’d change it up and go to McDonald’s one day, then Taco Bell the next, then Arby’s, then Wendy’s, then Zaxby’s, then Burger King, etc. After all, variety is the spice of life, innit?
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
Engine13
Headlining Clubs

Post by Engine13 »

Fuck, he'd go broke eating it 3x a day now.
JourneyRules
Passing Out Band Flyers

Post by JourneyRules »

Engine13 wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 9:26 am Fuck, he'd go broke eating it 3x a day now.
Maybe, but he could always work there and make $20/hour.
DonJuanDeMarco
Headlining Clubs

Post by DonJuanDeMarco »

Rocker4Real wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 6:40 am I liked Supersize Me 2 about chicken. It was effective at actually making me feel bad for those things.
I actually liked that one too! It got very little attention though. I liked them showing the chicken farms and opening a fast food restaurant. He was very smug though. It was obnoxious at how he was poking fun at everyone for being so gullible.

As far as fast food in general....I will never forget the time I ate KFC for the first time in like 10-15 years. I got it from the drive thru and ate it at home (pathetic, I know...) LITERALLY ended up on the living room flood. I completely passed out from trans fat, calorie bomb, food coma! No way in hell could I eat that 3 times a day for a month!
"You want Don Juan DeMarco, the world's greatest lover, to talk to you? What do you know of great love?"
aznsquirt

Post by aznsquirt »

TravisBicklesMohawk wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 6:11 am

Common sense.

Which part? Your statement, or the part about the movie being a fraud?

As far as your statement, well it just flat out isn't true. Your supporting argument is "Common sense", which holds no weight, so I'm not sure what else to say.

As far as the movie goes, the video linked does a pretty good job with it, but the TL:DR is that it's basically totally fabricated and misleading.
HoldenSSV
Passing Out Band Flyers

Post by HoldenSSV »

pieceofme wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 8:57 am
NeonKnite wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 7:25 am

Common sense.

Thats the exception, not the norm. And probably demonfilths dad.
This was a decent counter argument to his premise, and he had the guy in his movie for 20 seconds.
"Copying off of one person is called plagiarism.
Copying off of ten people is called research."
Traxan
Headlining Clubs

Post by Traxan »

Only 20 years late.
GreatWhiteSnake
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by GreatWhiteSnake »

It's cause he didn't eat the fries. It's the fries that kill. Especially when they still cooked them in the oil/beef tallow combo...
GWS video of the week Seven Seconds of Shred https://youtu.be/6DAqH3eKqEM?si=N2I9eU92_ovsb69d updated 3/9/24
https://soundcloud.com/crunch-104998557
WCiezak
Passing Out Band Flyers

Post by WCiezak »

A lot of so-called "fine-dining" is much worse for you than McDonald's. Regular chains like Red Lobster have absolutely horrendous nutrition if you look at their info. Just massive amounts of sodium, saturated fat, added sugar, etc. McDonald's at least has stuff prepared right in front of you and you can customize a lot to get the excessive stuff down some. Get rid of the cheese and salt for starters. Someone should make a movie on the restaurant industry and how the whole goal is to addict you and all. There's no government warning labels on anything and no one in the media talks about how bad that stuff is. We don't get basic nutritional education like a dietitian would give in the US. What we do get is massive propaganda about how it's this big privilege to scarf down loads of expensive restaurant junk. It's become almost as sacred as those blood diamond engagement rings in the world of dating. You go look at women's profiles and maybe 90% of them are obsessed with restaurants. That and travel. The people who run the government and big media and entertainment industries do not have our best interests at heart. We're supposed to be mindless zombies.
DangerZone
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by DangerZone »

GreatWhiteSnake wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 6:31 pm It's cause he didn't eat the fries. It's the fries that kill. Especially when they still cooked them in the oil/beef tallow combo...
wrong.
That’s when the fries were still relatively healthy
DangerZone
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by DangerZone »

WCiezak wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 1:39 pm A lot of so-called "fine-dining" is much worse for you than McDonald's. Regular chains like Red Lobster have absolutely horrendous nutrition if you look at their info. Just massive amounts of sodium, saturated fat, added sugar, etc. McDonald's at least has stuff prepared right in front of you and you can customize a lot to get the excessive stuff down some. Get rid of the cheese and salt for starters. Someone should make a movie on the restaurant industry and how the whole goal is to addict you and all. There's no government warning labels on anything and no one in the media talks about how bad that stuff is. We don't get basic nutritional education like a dietitian would give in the US. What we do get is massive propaganda about how it's this big privilege to scarf down loads of expensive restaurant junk. It's become almost as sacred as those blood diamond engagement rings in the world of dating. You go look at women's profiles and maybe 90% of them are obsessed with restaurants. That and travel. The people who run the government and big media and entertainment industries do not have our best interests at heart. We're supposed to be mindless zombies.
fine dining 🤣
It’s the trans fat seed oils, preservatives, MSG & sugars in the form of high fructose corn syrup that are making everyone fat.
And these days nearly everything you eat out has some combination of these things. (In America, at least)
GreatWhiteSnake
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by GreatWhiteSnake »

McDonald's changed their ingredients for fries in the early 1990s. Specifically, they changed the oil they used to cook the fries from a mixture of vegetable oil and beef tallow to 100% vegetable oil. The change was made in response to health concerns about the use of saturated fats, such as beef tallow, in fast food...
GWS video of the week Seven Seconds of Shred https://youtu.be/6DAqH3eKqEM?si=N2I9eU92_ovsb69d updated 3/9/24
https://soundcloud.com/crunch-104998557
VinnieVincentsVag
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by VinnieVincentsVag »

TravisBicklesMohawk wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 4:22 am Wonder what they are eating for breakfast? :roll:
Probably Captain Crunch, Pop Tarts and donuts.
All worse than McDonalds
DemonFilth2001

Post by DemonFilth2001 »

VinnieVincentsVag wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 4:00 pm
TravisBicklesMohawk wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 4:22 am Wonder what they are eating for breakfast? :roll:
Probably Captain Crunch, Pop Tarts and donuts.
All worse than McDonalds
I love all three of those. Peanut Butter Crunch is even better!
KEYBOARD WARRIOR!