A&E announces rock legends Biography series

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Slippery Pete
Blowing Advance from Record Label

A&E announces rock legends Biography series

Post by Slippery Pete »

https://www.aetv.com/news/ae-rocks-with ... 16-at-9-8c

Wonder if they reached out to CEO for the Bach episode?

A&E typically does a solid job on these, even the WWE ones, so these will probably be really good, although I'm sure most people on this board will already know pretty much everything discussed.
"The worst tempered people I have ever met were those who knew that they were wrong." -- David Letterman
Rocker4Real
Pimping Your Demo At Shows

Re: A&E announces rock legends Biography series

Post by Rocker4Real »

They should do a Ratt one and interview Blotz.
Bono Nettencourt
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Bono Nettencourt »

None of their subjects are what I would call "legends".
ijwthstd wrote: obviously you take this way too seriously and were deeply affected by what transpired in the early 1990's and hopefully you are discussing these issues with a therapist in addition to other fans on music message boards.
daveg
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by daveg »

A&E is still a thing??
Slippery Pete
Blowing Advance from Record Label

Post by Slippery Pete »

Bono Nettencourt wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 1:21 pm None of their subjects are what I would call "legends".
Alice Cooper is one million percent a legend. The others, yeah whatever.
"The worst tempered people I have ever met were those who knew that they were wrong." -- David Letterman
Tenacious_Dio
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Tenacious_Dio »

The special explores how Hagar helped Van Halen get their first ever number one hit
Jump?
JamesHetfieldsAcneScars
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by JamesHetfieldsAcneScars »

Oh goody Hagar gets to talk about Van Halen some more
Bono Nettencourt
MSX Tour Support Act

Slippery Pete wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 2:50 pm
Bono Nettencourt wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 1:21 pm None of their subjects are what I would call "legends".
Alice Cooper is one million percent a legend. The others, yeah whatever.
Missed him. They buried his name in the middle. Agree.
ijwthstd wrote: obviously you take this way too seriously and were deeply affected by what transpired in the early 1990's and hopefully you are discussing these issues with a therapist in addition to other fans on music message boards.
KISStian
Learning KISS Riffs

Post by KISStian »

daveg wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 1:43 pm A&E is still a thing??
Who the heck still has cable!? :lol:
BernieTaupson
Headlining Clubs

Post by BernieTaupson »

Bono Nettencourt
MSX Tour Support Act

KISStian wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 1:41 am
Me. Cord-cutting's no cheaper.
KISStian
Learning KISS Riffs

Post by KISStian »

Bono Nettencourt wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 2:29 am
KISStian wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 1:41 am
Me. Cord-cutting's no cheaper.
Whoa. What's that like in 2024? I haven't had cable in a good decade. I'll flip through when I'm in a hotel and it seems like a wasteland. Modern antenna TV reminds me of the halcyon days of "basic cable." We get about 50 odd channels through the air. Lots of 50s-80s reruns, movie themed channels, western channels, an ESPN knockoff, news channels, weather, etc. It satiates any need to flip through channels to see what is on. For the most part, we watch what we want on a streamer.
Bono Nettencourt
MSX Tour Support Act

If you can live without televised sports the math probably works. That's not me.
KISStian
Learning KISS Riffs

Post by KISStian »

Bono Nettencourt wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 3:05 pm If you can live without televised sports the math probably works. That's not me.
That's what kept me on a skinny bundle for the longest time. Then I realized that other than the CFP, every championship was on broadcast tv. I thought I missed my RSN but once it became a stand-alone app, which was just a year or so ago, I picked it up but found I never really cared to tune into basketball, or hockey or baseball that much. Sunday NFL and the occasional game on radio was enough for me. I thought streaming might make it easier to get sports in the long run but along with killing cable it's actually made sports even worse because they are still spread out over various cable channels AND now multiple apps. It's a pain in the ass.
Bono Nettencourt
MSX Tour Support Act

Yeah the NFL is rapidly approaching that point. People are eventually going to chuck it in and realize that it's not worth paying for 10 different services to see all your favorite team's games.
KISStian
Learning KISS Riffs

Post by KISStian »

Bono Nettencourt wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 4:59 pm Yeah the NFL is rapidly approaching that point. People are eventually going to chuck it in and realize that it's not worth paying for 10 different services to see all your favorite team's games.
Yet, we keep saying that BUT the contracts for the rights just get to new record heights and the audiences (for football, at least) keep migrating to wherever they have to be. It's really quite unreal. There is a site called awfulannouncing.com that follows the industry and it's quite interesting. The latest gossip is that the Christmas NFL package is moving to Netflix. WTF.