Kate Hudson

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

miserable
Lugging equipment around in parent's car

Kate Hudson

Post by miserable »

This was a big surprise! She turns out to be a really good singer and her music is also really good, old school stuff. I truly dig this. And of course she is still hotter than hell. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9NqxkQ ... immyFallon
EatTheGlass
Headlining Clubs

Re: Kate Hudson

Post by EatTheGlass »

Saw her on Stern, wasn't impressed.
TooOldToCare
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by TooOldToCare »

She can carry a tune, but it was average. When I think of actors who are legit musicians, the only current one I can think of off the top of my head is Jared Leto (30 Seconds to Mars). I know he's polarizing, but the musical career is not a vanity project like Kate or Keanu's Dogstar...or Steven Seagal's blues guitar career.

Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

TooOldToCare wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 5:59 am She can carry a tune, but it was average. When I think of actors who are legit musicians, the only current one I can think of off the top of my head is Jared Leto (30 Seconds to Mars). I know he's polarizing, but the musical career is not a vanity project like Kate or Keanu's Dogstar...or Steven Seagal's blues guitar career.

taylor momsen? miley cyrus? kevin bacon? johnny depp? jack black? COREY FUCKING FELDMAN???
Hellbound

Post by Hellbound »

Heard her on Jimmy Fallon. She can sing but the song...eh

It actually sounds kinda like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sPLZ6A ... BarnesVEVO

Except this song kicks the fuck out of it.
TooOldToCare

Post by TooOldToCare »

Kid-Wicked wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 10:55 pm
TooOldToCare wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 5:59 am She can carry a tune, but it was average. When I think of actors who are legit musicians, the only current one I can think of off the top of my head is Jared Leto (30 Seconds to Mars). I know he's polarizing, but the musical career is not a vanity project like Kate or Keanu's Dogstar...or Steven Seagal's blues guitar career.

taylor momsen? miley cyrus? kevin bacon? johnny depp? jack black? COREY FUCKING FELDMAN???
I only know Taylor from The Pretty Reckless. Had to IMDB her to see her acting credits. Who knew she was Cindy Lou Who? Not me. Never watched the movie.
Miley - Forgot. I don't count Disney as acting.
Kevin - Bacon Bros aren't famous. Yeah, they play around, but I couldn't name a song or recognize the band if I heard them.
Depp - Embarrassing on stage. Excluded him. Wannabe sideman.
Jables - TD is great. Seen them a couple of times. Not mainstream. Mainly comedy.
Corey - How did I forget that genius? He's the only one I'll agree with. :D

I get your point, though. I was thinking more of who is a major TV/movie star TODAY and on mainstream radio a lot. So, I excluded Rick Springfield, Timberlake, etc.

Leto's an Oscar winner. 30 seconds will live on just from The Kill being played to death, but it's a damn good song among others. Not a Leto fan in any form, but I like the band.

I still stand by my statement that Kate Hudson is average or less than.
dmbrocker
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

At first I couldn’t tell if that was Steven Seagal or Mark “The Animal” Mendoza. They both look kinda similar these days, don’t they?
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
TooOldToCare

Post by TooOldToCare »

dmbrocker wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 5:39 am

At first I couldn’t tell if that was Steven Seagal or Mark “The Animal” Mendoza. They both look kinda similar these days, don’t they?
They use the same "professional dye service" to get that ultra-realistic brunette hue. :D
DemonFilth2001
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by DemonFilth2001 »

Marco Mendoza has a more defined beard line.
KEYBOARD WARRIOR!
TooOldToCare

Post by TooOldToCare »

DemonFilth2001 wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 5:10 am

Marco Mendoza has a more defined beard line.
Mendoza's may be made of vinyl instead of hair.
DonJuanDeMarco
Headlining Clubs

Post by DonJuanDeMarco »

She sounds amazing but annoying.

Very “Daisy and the Sixes” or whatever that show was called. I wonder if she was up for that role? Turns out that was Lisa Marie Presleys daughter! I need to re watch that show.
"You want Don Juan DeMarco, the world's greatest lover, to talk to you? What do you know of great love?"
Blumpkin King
Headlining Clubs

Post by Blumpkin King »

She is a decent bar band singer, but obviously if she were not a known name nobody would give any shits. I'm not sure anyone gives a shit even though she is famous.