JLo cancels tour "to be with family"

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Bono Nettencourt
MSX Tour Support Act

JLo cancels tour "to be with family"

Post by Bono Nettencourt »

Sounds like the ol' "lack of advertising funds".
ijwthstd wrote: obviously you take this way too seriously and were deeply affected by what transpired in the early 1990's and hopefully you are discussing these issues with a therapist in addition to other fans on music message boards.
HoldenSSV
Playing Frat Parties

Re: JLo cancels tour "to be with family"

Post by HoldenSSV »

Bono Nettencourt wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2024 4:22 am Sounds like the ol' "lack of advertising funds".
And a dumbass drunk husband.
"Copying off of one person is called plagiarism.
Copying off of ten people is called research."
TheDeadBastard
Headlining Clubs

Post by TheDeadBastard »

Bono Nettencourt wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2024 4:22 am Sounds like the ol' "lack of advertising funds".
She came down with an acute case of Lackofticketsalesitus
ImageImage
Bono Nettencourt
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Bono Nettencourt »

TheDeadBastard wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2024 4:37 am
She came down with an acute case of Lackofticketsalesitus
Yup. GMA just said that there were 100s of seats available in Philly for as low as $32.
ijwthstd wrote: obviously you take this way too seriously and were deeply affected by what transpired in the early 1990's and hopefully you are discussing these issues with a therapist in addition to other fans on music message boards.
aznsquirt
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by aznsquirt »

I was trying to verify whether the ticket sales are actually low or if people are just repeating it as the "obvious" answer with no basis.

I heard some people quote the tour has being "70-80% sold" but also found this article:

https://au.lifestyle.yahoo.com/jennifer ... ccounter=1

Doesn't look great there. I'm surprised there isn't a better way to look up ticket sales.
TheDeadBastard
Headlining Clubs

Post by TheDeadBastard »

aznsquirt wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2024 4:42 am I was trying to verify whether the ticket sales are actually low or if people are just repeating it as the "obvious" answer with no basis.

I heard some people quote the tour has being "70-80% sold" but also found this article:

https://au.lifestyle.yahoo.com/jennifer ... ccounter=1

Doesn't look great there. I'm surprised there isn't a better way to look up ticket sales.
Enty at CDAN has been saying for weeks her ticket sales were weak as shit, especially for the venue size she was trying to fill. The only mystery was what excuse would be used to justify canceling the tour.
ImageImage
DonJuanDeMarco
Headlining Clubs

Post by DonJuanDeMarco »

The description for "The Greatest Love Story Never Told" is vomit inducing.

The Greatest Love Story Never Told follows Jennifer Lopez as she attempts her most daring project yet: independently producing a new album and cinematic original that explore her twenty-year journey to self-love.

Are you kidding me? She's a multi millionaire. Famous around the world. Acting, dancing, singing, tv show host, whatever... everything she touches turns to gold (except for her footwear line!)

"Explore her journey to self love"??? It literally says that. I'm not making it up. Cancel your tour and cry all you want. I'm not feeling sorry for her. It's not gonna happen.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt31314185/
"You want Don Juan DeMarco, the world's greatest lover, to talk to you? What do you know of great love?"
Lobo
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Lobo »

It was 100% lack of ticket sales.

She's a great dancer and not terrible at acting but she can't sing worth a shit. She should forget about the music career, it's not happening anymore.

I have never liked those two annoying pricks Ben Affleck and his pal Matt Damon. They always come across as kinda arrogant. But I have to say that when I see Affleck around J-Lo I truly feel sorry for the guy. He looks like a beaten husband cowering in her presence.

He appears to be completely fucking MISERABLE around her, probably dying to have a drink to try and forget he's with the woman.

She looks fantastic for her age but she's probably horrifying to be around. Her reputation is she's a complete cunt to deal with.

The guy is better off drinking and partying himself to death than spending the rest of his life with "Jenny from the block" or whatever the fuck she likes to call herself.
DonJuanDeMarco
Headlining Clubs

Post by DonJuanDeMarco »

Lobo wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2024 7:14 am But I have to say that when I see Affleck around J-LO I truly feel sorry for the guy. He looks like a beaten husband cowering in her presence.

He appears to be completely fucking MISERABLE around her, probably dying to have a drink to try and forget he's with the woman.

She looks fantastic for her age but she's probably horrifying to be around. Her reputation is she's a complete cunt to deal with.

The guy is better off drinking and partying himself to death than spending the rest of his life with "Jenny from the block" or whatever the fuck she likes to call herself.
Now THAT movie I would want to see!!!! Get Darren Aronofsky on the phone. We have an idea for him.
"You want Don Juan DeMarco, the world's greatest lover, to talk to you? What do you know of great love?"
HueyRamone
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by HueyRamone »

The funny thing is any one who would believe this would think "Aw, that's nice. Family is so important" and not "So, she just cancelled dozens of people's jobs, so she could hang around her kids?"
Don't Damn Me wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:21 pm Dummy, are you aware that hydroxy-chloroqin and Ivermectin have since been proven effective?
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

That’s great I’m sure tour was soldout every night- making millions on VIP meet and greet EVERY night- taking money from beer and parking sales

Family first!
Her sister was HOT! Does she do Only Fans

Is there more boring dumbass than that Ben dude :lol:
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
IREEKOFAWESUMNES
Signed One Album Deal on Indy Label

Post by IREEKOFAWESUMNES »

ticket broker here

the entire tour was selling like DOG SHIT

its incredible the verbal gymnastics and excuses these artists and livenation will come up with to say ANYTHING except the truth
Mister Freeze
Platinum Artist

Post by Mister Freeze »

IREEKOFAWESUMNES wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2024 9:29 am ticket broker here

its incredible the verbal gymnastics and excuses these artists and livenation will come up with to say ANYTHING except the truth

The "family" excuse is cringe, and sounds worse than saying nothing at all. She could've blamed logistics or even INFLATION (and not wanting to charge higher tickets to cover the cost of the tour) and would've come across better.
skunklovestiger wrote: A comment like this needs a really useless piece of shit. Well maybe you are used to get fucked by your mother in the basement. It would be better if somebody just kills you useless asshole. Just killl yourself shithead.
TheDeadBastard
Headlining Clubs

Post by TheDeadBastard »

Mister Freeze wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2024 10:03 am
IREEKOFAWESUMNES wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2024 9:29 am ticket broker here

The "family" excuse is cringe, and sounds worse than saying nothing at all. She could've blamed logistics or even INFLATION (and not wanting to charge higher tickets to cover the cost of the tour) and would've come across better.
This was from two days ago:
The A list everything in her mind celebrity is trying to figure out a way to use what is happening to her as marketing to get more ticket sales for her very lacklusterly purchased tour. Some of her people have recommended actually canceling the entire thing and can use her love life as an excuse.
ImageImage
ijwthstd
Platinum Artist

Post by ijwthstd »

https://www.gq.com/story/pulling-weeds- ... wtab-en-us

his is an edition of the newsletter Pulling Weeds With Chris Black, in which the columnist weighs in on hot topics in culture. Sign up here to get it in your inbox every Thursday.

Last week, the Black Keys, a band best known for soundtracking car commercials and occasionally fistfighting fellow Nashville resident Jack White, canceled the entire North American leg of a scheduled arena tour without explanation. Why would a band without a major hit in years think it can sell out arenas in tertiary markets? No one can be sure, but the touring business is in trouble, and part of the reason is ego.

Going on tour used to be a non-negotiable part of a life in music—a way to interact with fans, make money, and see the world. But nowadays, artists either want to play arenas or stadiums or do a residency, playing multiple nights in one city at the same venue, à la Harry Styles and Adele. Every week, another artist goes viral on Twitter for low ticket sales, with a screengrab of a Ticketmaster seat map awash in blue. I will be at the Charli XCX and Troye Sivan show in New York City at Madison Square Garden, but can that duo sell as many tickets in Tacoma on a weeknight? Kim Petras, an artist with hits, had such an awful time with arenas that she resorted to Groupon. And legacy artists aren’t necessarily faring better; for every Justin Timberlake, who just added nine dates to his Forget Tomorrow world tour, there’s a Jennifer Lopez, who recently cut her upcoming summer greatest-hits tour short by seven dates, reportedly due to soft ticket sales.

The Taylor Swifts of the world are still making money on the road, and artists from Wednesday and Waxahatchee to Chappel Roan and Joanna Newsom are selling out shows at great venues. But big arena tours have historically been sustained by early ticket sales, and that part of the market appears to be collapsing. The Twitter account @UnderFaceValue tracks price drops and undersold shows and “other peculiarities across the ticketing ecosystem”; its mantra, because soft sales translate into crazy 11th-hour price breaks, is #PaysToWait. If you’d waited for the right moment, you could have seen the Rolling Stones in Seattle for $29, 21 Savage in Chicago for $19, or George Strait and Chris Stapleton in Indianapolis for $13.

These challenges hit close to home for me. My cohost Jason Stewart and I take our podcast, How Long Gone, on the road. We experienced a high point in Philadelphia at Johnny Brenda’s, a cozy spot in Fishtown with a rich history. The show was a sellout, the crowd was fantastic. The next time we visited, we stepped up to a bigger venue, World Cafe Live. The turnout was decent, but it didn’t reach the same level of energy, and the experience felt different. We're heading back to Philadelphia in June, and we've decided to return to Johnny Brenda’s. It's a lesson learned: Better to have a packed house in an intimate setting than a half-empty room in a larger venue. The ego bruise was temporary, but the lesson was invaluable.

So, who do we blame? Is this the fault of corporate mega-promoters like LiveNation (which produced the Black Keys’ tour) booking artists into the biggest venues possible, then jacking the price of everything from tickets to parking to concessions, all regardless of what the market will bear, while tightening their grip on the marketplace to the point that the Department of Justice is preparing to sue them in federal court for antitrust violations? Is it agents and managers gassing up the artist? Is it just the artist's desire to sell out these giant venues? Maybe all of the above.

If you’re going out on the road and you’re big enough to even consider booking an arena show, why not do three nights in a prestigious venue like Radio City Music Hall or the Beacon Theatre instead? It provides fans with a more intimate experience, and every night will feel full. The Black Keys eventually released a statement. They didn’t blame anyone. They didn’t whine about how hard touring is. They just said they were recalibrating after a successful European run playing venues like Brixton Academy in London and the Zenith in Paris. It was the right approach. We all know it was ticket sales, but no artist should be ashamed of taking your lumps, switching things up, and selling tickets.

Big streaming numbers look great online but don’t necessarily translate to ticket sales. A touring business has to be built, returning to the same cities every year. A career cannot rely solely on the algorithm. Being great live will get people through the door and keep them coming back. These offline collective experiences are few and far between these days; buying tickets and going to shows is essential and valuable. They just don’t all need to be in arenas.
"I went and saw Chickenfoot twice. I've suffered for being Sammy's friend" - Bob Forrest
MetalSludgeCEO

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

Or... not!

Her world has got to be a little... umm... crazy for sure.

1. Her tour is NOT selling well... and that is a HUGE slap in the face to her, and her ego, after Taylor Swift just sold out stadiums around the globe the last few years.

2. Her romance with Ben... is in the sh!tter, or close, or about to be.

and...

3. Her past with Puff Daddy, has GOT to be knocking as well. She was with him for 2 years, back around 1999-2001, 2002...

My guess is, as deep as the Feds are going to go into this clown's world... anyone related, going back 20-30 years, is being scrutinized.

And while she not be in trouble at all, they're def going to dig into all of his lovers, and long time relationships asking questions.

My guess is, that isn't any fun for any of these women or men.

She's lived a very charmed life, but like the rest of the world, heart-ache, break-up and the rest, is never fun, so going on tour in the middle of all that... and the fact that the arenas or stadium might be less than full... her team does NOT want that in the press... so the old "I wanna be with my Family excuse is being played". :roll:

Bitch pleez... not happening... especially since a tour of this scope has been in the works, planned and booked for a year or two, and now 3 weeks out, she's pulling back?

$tEvil
Gibsonite
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by Gibsonite »

DonJuanDeMarco wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2024 6:32 am The description for "The Greatest Love Story Never Told" is vomit inducing.

The Greatest Love Story Never Told follows Jennifer Lopez as she attempts her most daring project yet: independently producing a new album and cinematic original that explore her twenty-year journey to self-love.
Sounds kinda dirty if you ask me.
ParaDime77
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by ParaDime77 »

Following EmptySeatsGalore on “X” and there were little to no seats sold for the tour. The J-Lo brand is dust as the marriage with her and Affleck has been a sham for years, also, her last movie was mocked big time by younger people who fully believe Jennifer is completely delusional about her fleeting fame and image.
Everyone Is Someone Else's Bitch
Dyslexicheart
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Dyslexicheart »

And there's always been the rumour that she's never sang a note on her records. A rumour that never goes away.