RETIRED … Jack Russell, Original Great White Vocalist Announces Retirement From Touring

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

MetalSludgeCEO
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

RETIRED … Jack Russell, Original Great White Vocalist Announces Retirement From Touring

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

RETIRED …
Jack Russell, Original Great White Vocalist Announces Retirement From Touring
#jackrussell #greatwhite #jackrussellsgreatwhite #rockme #oncebittentwiceshy #facetheday #metalsludge
https://metalsludge.tv/retired-jack-rus ... m-touring/

$ludge
HueyRamone

Re: RETIRED … Jack Russell, Original Great White Vocalist Announces Retirement From Touring

Post by HueyRamone »

How many shows did they do without him so far? just 1?
Don't Damn Me wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:21 pm Dummy, are you aware that hydroxy-chloroqin and Ivermectin have since been proven effective?
Traxan
Headlining Clubs

Re: RETIRED … Jack Russell, Original Great White Vocalist Announces Retirement From Touring

Post by Traxan »

100 Rhode Islanders unavailable for comment.
Charles Bukaki
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Charles Bukaki »

Traxan wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2024 7:30 pm 100 Rhode Islanders unavailable for comment.
Wow, that joke is so divisive that somebody shot it in the ear.
MOON
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by MOON »

HueyRamone wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2024 6:57 pm How many shows did they do without him so far? just 1?
I think 2. But 2nd one was billed differently like Jacks Friends or something??
MetalSludgeCEO

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

Jack's team asks for Privacy at this time...

-----------------------------------------------------

This is from the Admins for Jack Russell's Great White. At this time we are just like you trying to process this. We will make a post in the very near future where we all can share our pictures and memories with Jack. If you post there, we can make sure he sees it. God Bless and thank you all and, above all, Rock on!
Please respect Jack and family's privacy at this sensitive time.

> https://www.facebook.com/JackRussellsGr ... 9ZZtJF9vGl

----------------------------------------------------

Some of the comments are interesting....

""""""""""""""""""Mikal CG
You may want to clarify, this post makes it sound like Jack has passed.
"""""""""""""""""""""

$ludge
Psychobolia.com
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas
Location: Paris, France, land of sleaze and cheese, wine and whine

Post by Psychobolia.com »

MetalSludgeCEO wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2024 9:01 pm Some of the comments are interesting....

""""""""""""""""""Mikal CG
You may want to clarify, this post makes it sound like Jack has passed.
"""""""""""""""""""""
Post seems pretty clear to me, Jack is in shit shape but can still read/see people's comments and wants privacy...

Allways loved the first album, great voice and my top pick to replace Robert Plant in Led Zeppelin!
Black Stuff
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by Black Stuff »

MOON wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2024 7:46 pm
HueyRamone wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2024 6:57 pm How many shows did they do without him so far? just 1?
I think 2. But 2nd one was billed differently like Jacks Friends or something??
correct
The power of Sludge compels you.
gtshark1
Headlining Clubs

Post by gtshark1 »

I don't know all the players here.... are/were there original Great White members in both his band and the current edition of Great White?

If so, do they now rejoin together with an agreed upon singer?
MetalSludgeCEO

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

gtshark1 wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2024 7:30 am I don't know all the players here.... are/were there original Great White members in both his band and the current edition of Great White?

"""""""""""""""If so, do they now rejoin together with an agreed upon singer?"""""""""""""""

Do you think all of Bach's solo members and Skid Row are suddenly going to become one happy unit?

If your answer is No... please apply the same thought process here.

Great White are doing great on their own, and I can assure you... they have no interest in meshing with Jack's group!

$tEvil
gtshark1
Headlining Clubs

Post by gtshark1 »

MetalSludgeCEO wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2024 7:39 am
gtshark1 wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2024 7:30 am I don't know all the players here.... are/were there original Great White members in both his band and the current edition of Great White?

"""""""""""""""If so, do they now rejoin together with an agreed upon singer?"""""""""""""""

Do you think all of Bach's solo members and Skid Row are suddenly going to become one happy unit?

If your answer is No... please apply the same thought process here.

Great White are doing great on their own, and I can assure you... they have no interest in meshing with Jack's group!

$tEvil
I hear you CEO. I think my question wasn't well detailed. If... and only if.... there was one or any original members in Jack's band at his retirement, I wondered if they would get back with their former band mates on the other side.

**** I did a little leg work. Here's the updated inquiry: would Montana join up with the other guys to resemble the classic lineup?
MrRocker
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by MrRocker »

I have no doubt that Jack's medical issues are real and it sucks that he's suffering. Nobody deserves what I am sure he's dealing with but with all due respect, his overall health and the reason he is in this position at such a relatively young age is a direct result of 40+ years of habitual and continued drug use. He can say "I'm sober" all he wants, but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know the truth.
Silentbutdeadly
Passing Out Band Flyers

Post by Silentbutdeadly »

Ohhhhh, Lewy Body Dementia. That is a horrible disease. Regardless of what people think of him I wouldn’t wish this on anyone.

Well Ok there are 1 or 2, but otherwise, never.
uwec95
Headlining Clubs

Post by uwec95 »

It's sad he is suffering from such a horrible disease. He was one the best voices of the scene in the 80s. I saw Great White live a couple of times in that era (they were actually the very first band I ever saw in concert), and Jack was awesome every time.
Last edited by uwec95 on Thu Jul 18, 2024 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MetalSludgeCEO

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

MrRocker wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2024 10:45 am I have no doubt that Jack's medical issues are real and it sucks that he's suffering. Nobody deserves what I am sure he's dealing with but with all due respect, his overall health and the reason he is in this position at such a relatively young age is a direct result of 40+ years of habitual and continued drug use. He can say "I'm sober" all he wants, but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know the truth.

"""""""""""""""Nobody deserves what I am sure he's dealing with"""""""""""""""""""""

Just like the 100 fans who attended a Rock Show in Rhode Island 20 years ago, who didn't deserve what they got in return...

Or the dozens of others, permanently scared and injured... due to a level of arrogance and ignorance by a select few, including the guy who was calling the shots... Jack!

Karma is a bitch!

"""""""""""a direct result of 40+ years of habitual and continued drug use."""""""""""

Correct... and he's been far from sober... even in recent months.

There are photos of him drinking back-stage... and stories of stupidity in recent years as well.

And in his condition, for more than a decade, ALL of that should have been cut cold turkey, long ago.

By comparison, Duff, Slash, and some others were all headed down the same path, CC too... but all of them, righted their ship!

Some others did not... and checked out even earlier... Steve Clark, Kevin DuBrow and Jani Lane come to mind.

$tEvil
DonJuanDeMarco
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by DonJuanDeMarco »

It's safe to say Jack has always been an alcoholic. During the 80's and 90's he always looked rougher than the other guys that were partying heavy. But other than the alcohol bloat, he didn't look unhealthy like he has in the 20 years since the Station fire. It's been all downhill for him ever since.

Did he have health issues prior to that?

I remember during the trial, he looked like he aged 100 years!

Then he had the colostomy bag, he fell off the barstool on stage, he got really skinny.. how did he get so skinny by the way?

And those eyes. I can't get over that over medicated look he always has now.

It's been sad by all means but I hate to end on a bad note. I was listening to "This is Great White" on Spotify the other day and it was one great song (and especially his great vocals) after the next! They probably should've/could've had more "hits" but that's how it goes. I wish him well during the rest of the time he spends here.
"You want Don Juan DeMarco, the world's greatest lover, to talk to you? What do you know of great love?"
Ol' Dirty Bastard
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by Ol' Dirty Bastard »

This guy got a bunch of his own fans and a band member killed, good, fuck him.
LIVE N' UNCUT

Tyketto Meniketti
Learning KISS Riffs

Post by Tyketto Meniketti »

Great White around 2005 is still one of the best sounding shows I've witnessed. Didn't even pay to see them. Played a Bikefest event outside my office window. So, I heard them warming up, then the actual show later that evening. Top notch sound.
sirthx2
Recording Debut Album

Post by sirthx2 »

Undoubtedly one of the best live vocalists I've ever seen. In his prime and years after the prime of the genre, he was top-notch with pitch & tone.
"Most rock journalism is people who can't write, interviewing people who can't talk, for people who can't read." - Frank Zappa

"If you don't like The Darkness, you suck at music listening." - Michelish circa 2021
Hellsinkey
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Hellsinkey »

Ol' Dirty Bastard wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2024 1:56 pm This guy got a bunch of his own fans and a band member killed, good, fuck him.
He almost killed another person years before that.

https://listeniowa.com/to-hell-and-jack ... k-russell/

What do you remember about that day?

Actually, I don’t remember most of what happened that day because I smoked some PCP before we went to do the robbery. I ended up blacking out. From what I understand, a maid was out by the pool doing some watering, and I came out with a ski mask and asked her, “Where’s the coke?” She thought I was a friend of the kid’s and (was) playing a joke on her. And she goes, “No Coke, just Pepsi. Go to the refrigerator and help yourself.” I had blacked out, my buddy had split, so I’m in the house alone with this maid. Come to find out, the father was there, and he grabbed his briefcase full of money and hid in the bathroom. She ends up getting away from me and ends up in the bathroom with him. And they said I was pounding on this solid oak door, and putting these huge cracks in it. Then, I guess I shot through the door. The bullet went through the door, hit a St. Christopher medallion that was resting over her heart, and it ricocheted into her shoulder, saving her life and mine. I woke up on my knees staring at a door, and there was a gun on the floor. I couldn’t figure out what was going on until I heard the cops outside. It was like being on Dragnet. I didn’t even realize I had shot the gun. I unloaded the gun, thinking that if it’s unloaded it won’t be that big of a deal. I didn’t realize I had shot it, so I stuffed the bullets down in a waterbed. I went outside, and the cops were all over me, asking why I shot her and whatnot. I was like, “Shot who?” They told me it was me who shot this woman, and at that very moment I heard my dad’s voice. He’d always tell me, “One of these days, you’re going to get all hopped up on this, and you’re going to shoot somebody.” And I thought it was ridiculous and told him to stop with that nonsense. And there I was. He was right. I got eight years (prison sentence), but due to a bunch of clerical mistakes and people bending their own rules, I got out in 11 months. A year later, I signed my first record deal.
Mirrored_Iceman
Opening for Slaughter

Post by Mirrored_Iceman »

MetalSludgeCEO wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2024 11:50 am
MrRocker wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2024 10:45 am I have no doubt that Jack's medical issues are real and it sucks that he's suffering. Nobody deserves what I am sure he's dealing with but with all due respect, his overall health and the reason he is in this position at such a relatively young age is a direct result of 40+ years of habitual and continued drug use. He can say "I'm sober" all he wants, but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know the truth.

"""""""""""""""Nobody deserves what I am sure he's dealing with"""""""""""""""""""""

Just like the 100 fans who attended a Rock Show in Rhode Island 20 years ago, who didn't deserve what they got in return...

Or the dozens of others, permanently scared and injured... due to a level of arrogance and ignorance by a select few, including the guy who was calling the shots... Jack!

Karma is a bitch!

"""""""""""a direct result of 40+ years of habitual and continued drug use."""""""""""

Correct... and he's been far from sober... even in recent months.

There are photos of him drinking back-stage... and stories of stupidity in recent years as well.

And in his condition, for more than a decade, ALL of that should have been cut cold turkey, long ago.

By comparison, Duff, Slash, and some others were all headed down the same path, CC too... but all of them, righted their ship!

Some others did not... and checked out even earlier... Steve Clark, Kevin DuBrow and Jani Lane come to mind.

$tEvil
CEO hit the nail on the head here. Jack is the cause of most of Jack's problems. Plain and simple.
....Those who live by

the Sludge die by the Sludge....

http://www.ebay.com/sch/arsace13/m.html ... 7675.l4064
ParaDime77

Post by ParaDime77 »

The betting man in me thinks Jack could very well be in hospice care.
Everyone Is Someone Else's Bitch
Anthrax442
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by Anthrax442 »

ParaDime77 wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2024 12:12 pm The betting man in me thinks Jack could very well be in hospice care.
I wouldn't be surprised by that. I wonder who's getting the boat he always talked about working on when he was on Eddie Trunk.
MurrayFiend wrote:Shit, deathcurse, you sure know how to make an exit.
gtrjay

Post by gtrjay »

The comments are indeed interesting.

Fifi LaRue chimed in.
Now I can sleep easier
I’m completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. These two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death.
George Carlin - Modern Philosopher
aznsquirt

Post by aznsquirt »

gtrjay wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2024 7:28 pm The comments are indeed interesting.

Fifi LaRue chimed in.
Now I can sleep easier
In every picture on his FB page, his wife has that same look of fear in her eyes that Travis Alexander had in that one shower photo right before Jodi Arias stabbed him to death.
DangerZone
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by DangerZone »

what’s strange is his body deteriorated more than the rest while his voice held up better than most
TorienRoxxGang

Post by TorienRoxxGang »

His facebook group is doing a lot of deleting if you mention hospice or death. The #1 book Jack released last week at near $50 must be for the funeral payment. It’s a pay n print type so making some bucks. He’s so sock no even signing them.