Marilyn Manson-Opening Night

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

LSD69
Headlining Clubs

Marilyn Manson-Opening Night

Post by LSD69 »

I'm not a huge Marilyn fan, but I'm surprised at how good he looks and sounds.

Did anyone attend ?

https://blabbermouth.net/news/watch-mar ... five-years
gtshark1
Headlining Clubs

Re: Marilyn Manson-Opening Night

Post by gtshark1 »

Damn good setlist
HORRORHOLIC1979
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by HORRORHOLIC1979 »

He looks and sounds great.
"They're never gonna find your face, it's hidden away
I found a very special place where you used to play"
- Alice Cooper
the_man_incognito
Headlining Clubs

Post by the_man_incognito »

Who would have thought he would have turned it around to look and sounds this good at this age...he was in line to to be the next Vince Neil...
Mister Freeze
Platinum Artist

Post by Mister Freeze »

So he's opening for Five Finger Death Punch? Only one of these acts closed the MTV Video Music Awards during a time when stuff like that mattered.

Can someone briefly explain the current state of rock n' roll music to me? Thanks!
skunklovestiger wrote: A comment like this needs a really useless piece of shit. Well maybe you are used to get fucked by your mother in the basement. It would be better if somebody just kills you useless asshole. Just killl yourself shithead.
HueyRamone
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by HueyRamone »

He looks good, and is taking performing seriously, but he's lost his screams.

Compare this to 2019 (where he was drunk and sloppy, but could still scream with his trademark grit)

https://youtu.be/flUJlk4ECqM?t=37

now
https://youtu.be/8sH99Xa598s?t=38
Don't Damn Me wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:21 pm Dummy, are you aware that hydroxy-chloroqin and Ivermectin have since been proven effective?
aznsquirt
Headlining Clubs

Post by aznsquirt »

Mister Freeze wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2024 3:53 pm So he's opening for Five Finger Death Punch? Only one of these acts closed the MTV Video Music Awards during a time when stuff like that mattered.

Can someone briefly explain the current state of rock n' roll music to me? Thanks!
One band has two platinum albums, and three gold albums, none of which were released in the last 20 years.

One band has three platinum albums and four gold albums, all in the post-Napster era, and all within the last 17 years.

In the above scenario, it's likely that the first band will open for the second band.

The music industry doesn't generally use "who closed the MTV Video Music Awards" as their metric for this kind of thing, fwiw.
kytepunches
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by kytepunches »

aznsquirt wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2024 8:16 pm
Mister Freeze wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2024 3:53 pm So he's opening for Five Finger Death Punch? Only one of these acts closed the MTV Video Music Awards during a time when stuff like that mattered.

One band has two platinum albums, and three gold albums, none of which were released in the last 20 years.

One band has three platinum albums and four gold albums, all in the post-Napster era, and all within the last 17 years.

In the above scenario, it's likely that the first band will open for the second band.

The music industry doesn't generally use "who closed the MTV Video Music Awards" as their metric for this kind of thing, fwiw.
What does a Gold album in sales mean these days ? Like 50 bucks to split between them .
aznsquirt
Headlining Clubs

Post by aznsquirt »

kytepunches wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2024 8:45 pm
aznsquirt wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2024 8:16 pm

What does a Gold album in sales mean these days ? Like 50 bucks to split between them .
It means you have fans you hopefully want to see you live so you can make money off of touring and merch.
TooOldToCare
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by TooOldToCare »

To be fair, gold and platinum albums pre-streaming are different than post. Either way, I saw 5FDP at Rock on the Range years ago. Hated them. I'd go see Manson again if performing solo at a smaller venue, but not as an opener for 5FDP.
KISStian
Opening Act in Local Bars

Post by KISStian »

MM is lucky any promoter touched him at all after he got Me Tooed. Consider this a "soft reboot."
Mister Freeze
Platinum Artist

Post by Mister Freeze »

I'm heading out to the gym. What Five Finger Death Punch song should I play on Spotify to "get" what they're about?
skunklovestiger wrote: A comment like this needs a really useless piece of shit. Well maybe you are used to get fucked by your mother in the basement. It would be better if somebody just kills you useless asshole. Just killl yourself shithead.
l.a.guns
Recording Your Demo

Post by l.a.guns »

I work security at the Fillmore in Silver Spring where he played last night. Honestly couldn’t believe how good he (and the band) were. Also worked his M&G before the show and he was great with the fans (100 of them). He hugged everyone and signed whatever they brought with them even tho there was supposed to be a limit on items. Definitely seemed appreciative to be able to continue his career after everything he’s dealt with. Would like to have seen the show without my back to the stage ….
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

Motorgrater - Suffocate
Singer before he joined stupidass FIve Finger

Manson got on biggest tour he could for the comeback- does his 50 minutes - gets most media he can before he headlines again
Kiss fans are dumb

Motograter debut is cool- rock that during arm day at the gym
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
HueyRamone

Post by HueyRamone »

Mister Freeze wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2024 10:14 am I'm heading out to the gym. What Five Finger Death Punch song should I play on Spotify to "get" what they're about?
I thought "Fake" was pretty representative of them. It's as bro-ey and mouthbreathery as all their stuff, but catchy as fuck for something that heavy.
Don't Damn Me wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:21 pm Dummy, are you aware that hydroxy-chloroqin and Ivermectin have since been proven effective?
FreddyFender
Headlining Clubs

Post by FreddyFender »

Girl guitarist - pretty clever move there. :lol:

Funny that Manson appears to have wiggled out of being cancelled, but hasn't brought back Twiggy, who was himself fired from Manson after the girl from Jack off Jill accused him of raping her.
daveg
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by daveg »

HueyRamone wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2024 11:23 am
Mister Freeze wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2024 10:14 am I'm heading out to the gym. What Five Finger Death Punch song should I play on Spotify to "get" what they're about?
I thought "Fake" was pretty representative of them. It's as bro-ey and mouthbreathery as all their stuff, but catchy as fuck for something that heavy.
Lift me Up with Halford. If u hate that, u should not go any further
Chip Z'Hoy

Post by Chip Z'Hoy »

Nice to see Manson and Bob Zombie still trading band members, both as farm teams for Ozzy.
LAglamrocker wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:56 pmClub was packed with Metal Edge fans 18-30..no stupid Rush Roll The Bones dipsh*ts
Tommy2Tone84
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Tommy2Tone84 »

:idea:
Chip Z'Hoy wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2024 2:40 pm Nice to see Manson and Bob Zombie still trading band members, both as farm teams for Ozzy.
Chip, you’re like a decade younger than the rest of us miserable, old, glam metal-loving posuers on here. Please tell us or at least me, what the appeal of Manson was. Zombie, while I found them to be more derivative than they were ever given credit for and about as mundane as any one trick pony who came before them, I understood their appeal. Like Jackyl, I thought they sucked thoroughly more than Ace Frehley in a threesome with Peter Criss and Sweet Connie, but I understood why they had a following. Manson I never got. What was the appeal? I realize there was some audience over spillage with some of us aging, pathetic Xers desperate to hold onto the last shred of youth that was exceedingly slipping through our fingers at the time and attempting to retain that hipster status of being on the cusp of coolness in catching that next big wave in the pop music culture wars. We couldn’t wait to get that next issue of Rolling Stone and Spin in the mail at our college dorm, studio apartment, or in many cases, our mom’s house. But what was with you little twats? Were your lives that bad that you had to take refuge and solace in the arms of a miserable, pool of misogynist douche like Marilyn Manson? Did he feel your pain? Did you like cake and sodomy served up by cosplay serial killers? Was it ironic and irreverent that he covered Patti Smith just so he could say the N-word? Did it make you and your idiot friends laugh like Beavis and Butthead over repeated listens? Was it cooler, more original and way edgier than when Axl said it in the late 80s in an original song? Did you like weak, watered down, less talented David Bowie wanna-bes? Was Brian’s sloppy ass, first year, 7th grade level music class cover of Sweet Dreams better than Dave and Annie’s badass original? Was it the way Twiggy picked his nose while wearing a dress onstage? Do you like musical chairs…….. or Shotgun Messiah?
Darrien
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Darrien »

HueyRamone wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2024 7:35 pm He looks good, and is taking performing seriously, but he's lost his screams.

Compare this to 2019 (where he was drunk and sloppy, but could still scream with his trademark grit)

https://youtu.be/flUJlk4ECqM?t=37

now
https://youtu.be/8sH99Xa598s?t=38
He seems to be more focused on singing which is something he hasn't done since like 98, hence not trying to blow this voice out by screaming. I never thought he'd get his shit together, I'll happily take this version.
Dayman...fighter of the Nightman..
pieceofme
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by pieceofme »

Good for him for getting back into shape and sounding a lot better than a few years ago. Saw him in 2001 at reading festival and it was a very good show. He's worth seeing live at least once. Although I'm glad I saw him around his peak.
GrayAntiMatter wrote:EVH

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....