Dink List 2.0- REBOOTED!

Here's where you can rip on each other. We don't care. If any personal information gets posted about another user, we'll delete it and you'll be banned. No exceptions.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Luminiferous
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Re: Dink List

Post by Luminiferous »

Rev. Johnny Tyler: A smiley face? Wow! That was scathing! :roll: :lol:<------- :lol:
Rev. Johnny Tyler
Headlining Clubs

Post by Rev. Johnny Tyler »

MitziDupree wrote:I'm sorry the "Dink List" concept went the way of the "Pre-Owning Party." You certainly gave it a valiant effort. Don't give up, though. It's not your fault that you're dealing with a host of folks with crisper synapses. In a year or two, you'll have another idea. I have confidence in you.

My dink list worked flawlessly here on Sludge just like it works flawlessly in real life and I now enjoy peaceful visits to Sludge where I don't have a slew of idiot dinks following my every post with the same repetitive retardation. Most have given up. There are only a handful of people even left on the list.

You call it "ignoring" me and consider that victory. That's cool, Nosebleed. I call it exactly what I desired to obtain from this thread. I believe my words were something like...
Rev wrote:...My scenery is much prettier. My day is brighter. I have no anchors weighing me down, no naysayers holding me back and no annoying, repetitive dinks bothering me.
Chumps! :lol:
MitziDupree
Queen of the Ping Pong

Post by MitziDupree »

Again, your sniffling confession that anonymous Sludge posters are able to ugly-up your scenery, darken your day, weigh you down, hold you back and bother you makes you the chump, brainbleed.

We've always known we have that power over you. Viva la Pinata.
Kristi Vicious wrote:
Someone clone her now, so we have an army of Mitzis when she dies.
Rev. Johnny Tyler
Headlining Clubs

LOL! :lol:
Don't flatter yourself, Stretch. You do what I make you do. When I want you to shut up, you shut up (ignore me) and if you don't shut up, I silence you. When I want you to pipe up and entertain me, I flip a little switch and lookie there! My thread starts right up and rolls as far as I want it to. Thanks for proving my point by responding to me when I wanted you to... Right on cue!

All you need to know, Big Bird, is that at any given time you are doing exactly what I want you to do when it comes to our intercourse on this board. 8) You will always be my little monkey.

The monkey trap is not a myth!
http://youtu.be/oAyU6wZ_ZUg
MitziDupree
Queen of the Ping Pong

Post by MitziDupree »

Rev. Johnny Tyler wrote: You do what I make you do.
So you're saying you MAKE us ugly-up your scenery, darken your day, weigh you down, hold you back and bother you. Got it.
Kristi Vicious wrote:
Rev. Johnny Tyler
Headlining Clubs

You were born to muck up scenery, weigh people down, hold people back, etc. etc. there, Stilts McBurden. I had no control over the genetics of that situation. I only control when and how you display it for the amusement of myself and by proxy, others.
exitflagger

Post by exitflagger »

Rev. Johnny Tyler wrote: when it comes to our intercourse on this board.
He was SO jerking off when he wrote that.
ImageImage
Drunk Mazeraturd wrote: ...but hes going to run and hes going to win.
Efilnikufesin
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Efilnikufesin »

You betcha he was. More furiously than if a Storage Hunters marathon was on.
Aquanetsuperhold
Headlining Clubs

Post by Aquanetsuperhold »

OH I made a list! Tell us more about my invisible, non-existent husband and his cheating!
Nice try anyway shitstain. Don't feel compelled to respond.
Rev. Johnny Tyler
Headlining Clubs

Just did a quick search on the names in the Dink List. LOLZ @ y'allz still mentioning me.

I really, legitimately, sincerely, deeply bothered you, didn't I? :lol:
Rainbow Bright
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Rainbow Bright »

Grendel wrote:You are over 50 and you wear a fedora? :shock:
Its proof you can polish a turd. My condolences go out to the fedora.
Rev. Johnny Tyler
Headlining Clubs

Rainbow Bright wrote:My condolences go out to the fedora.
Hey man... What's up? Did it wear the lotion yet, or is it dead?

Anyway, not only do I PROUDLY sport the fedora, but everyone who comes to one of my shows leaves with one of their own, as well as a shit load of other SWAG.

So ah... Nice burn... As usual, dude! LOLZ! Thanks for noticing and commenting!
MitziDupree
Queen of the Ping Pong

Post by MitziDupree »

They won't come for the music, but a .50 plastic hat should pack them in. You are a marketing genius.
Kristi Vicious wrote:
Rainbow Bright
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Rainbow Bright »

Bitches love dollar tree fedoras.
Rev. Johnny Tyler
Headlining Clubs

MitziDupree wrote:They won't come for the music, but a .50 plastic hat should pack them in. You are a marketing genius.
That's exactly right, Mitz. It is difficult to get people our age out to see a simple cover band. There has to be something else going on. We have all sorts of giveaways, raffles, gimmicks, light show, video show and whatnot. We are a party band and we bring the party, complete with big lit-up smiley-face balloons, smiley face stickers, tubes and tubes of glowstick necklaces, bracelets, etc. We have awards for certain things like the "Attendance Award" for showing up on time and signing the board (Gets people there early and keeps them there to wait for the award). No purchase required. Just be there and you can win $$. We also have the "Perfect Attendance Award" which is given out to a person who comes to three shows in a row. We have the "Spread the Ed" award for fans who bring friends, etc. We have games that make people mingle and laugh and they can win money and lottery tickets and whatnot while playing. They all leave smiling, dressed funny, glowing and wanting more.

Damn skippy, baby and I do not deny it.

All of it is Trojan Horse stuff. I roll in with the party, the cover tunes, etc and hidden inside of it all are some strategically placed originals. We get paid and asked back where other bands have failed. We get our originals out in front of crowds where other original bands have failed. Chuckle all you want. It works.
Stoner
Queen Bee

Post by Stoner »

Rainbow Bright wrote:Bitches love dollar tree fedoras.
:lol:
exitflagger

Post by exitflagger »

Rev. Johnny Tyler wrote: It is difficult to get people our age out to see a simple cover band. There has to be something else going on. We have all sorts of giveaways, raffles, gimmicks, light show, video show and whatnot. We are a party band and we bring the party, complete with big lit-up smiley-face balloons, smiley face stickers, tubes and tubes of glowstick necklaces, bracelets, etc. We have awards for certain things like the "Attendance Award" for showing up on time and signing the board (Gets people there early and keeps them there to wait for the award). No purchase required. Just be there and you can win $$. We also have the "Perfect Attendance Award" which is given out to a person who comes to three shows in a row. We have the "Spread the Ed" award for fans who bring friends, etc. We have games that make people mingle and laugh and they can win money and lottery tickets and whatnot while playing. They all leave smiling, dressed funny, glowing and wanting more.

All of it is Trojan Horse stuff. I roll in with the party, the cover tunes, etc and hidden inside of it all are some strategically placed originals. We get paid and asked back where other bands have failed. We get our originals out in front of crowds where other original bands have failed. Chuckle all you want. It works.
Holy shit, that's a helluva a lot of over-compensation for mediocrity.
ImageImage
Rev. Johnny Tyler
Headlining Clubs

Sets are 50 minutes each. Games happen during. Prizes happen between with a few random trinkets tossed during, like glow-items for example.
We have games that, going along with the theme, are kinda like "tests" on paper that we hand out. People can fill them out while we play and try to get the highest score. We grade 'em between sets. Winner gets a prize... Shit like that. These are bar and party gigs predominantly. People are at tables or the bar. This seems to work out pretty well for the environment.

We do keep playing through the set though. Keep people moving. Keep the booze flowing for the bar. It's a good time. Seriously. The band is decent.
Rev. Johnny Tyler
Headlining Clubs

We play standard sets. 13-15 songs per hour. There really isn't a lot extra for us to do during the set besides have the singer toss things here and there... Little quips from the mic, but nothing that pauses the beat really. Most of it is set up and put into motion before the show and during the breaks. The stuff we do is not rocket science. It's just a little step above what the other guy is doing.
Rev. Johnny Tyler
Headlining Clubs

Well, the gimmicks are to get new people to the shows. I do not walk around thinking my band is so great that everyone knows our name. I can advertise my band till I'm blue in the face, but people don't care. I'm just another shitty, unrehearsed band as far as they are concerned. They've been out to the bars. They know what's out there and I do too.

So... Instead of advertising a regular ol' live cover band at a bar, I advertise it as a themed party with prizes, giveaways, ca$sh, dancing, etc, etc. and I let the "live band" part be sorta "third fiddle" to the rest. I'll go to one advertising source and advertise it as a singles party. I'll go to another source and advertise it as a gay party. At another source I'll call it a Christian Mingle.

Fact is, when all is said and done, singles meet singles, gays meet gays and Christians meet Christians. It was all of the parties I advertised. I got them out to see my band and now I can show them our act and let them hear our stuff. Now they know our name and will recognize it when they see us advertised again.

And I don't take offense. your opinion as a club-goer is valid.
Trust me though. Our fans get all the music you would hope for from a live band. The rest can just be icing on the cake if you only care about the music. Like I said... The beat doesn't really stop.

You local? Come see!
Rev. Johnny Tyler
Headlining Clubs

Oh c'mon! It's 9 hrs 40 mins / 573.04 miles! That's nothing when there's a free Dollar Store fedora waiting for ya! :P
MitziDupree
Queen of the Ping Pong

Post by MitziDupree »

Rev. Johnny Tyler wrote:
That's exactly right, Mitz. It is difficult to get people our age out to see a simple cover band. There has to be something else going on. We have all sorts of giveaways, raffles, gimmicks, light show, video show and whatnot. We are a party band and we bring the party, complete with big lit-up smiley-face balloons, smiley face stickers, tubes and tubes of glowstick necklaces, bracelets, etc. We have awards for certain things like the "Attendance Award" for showing up on time and signing the board (Gets people there early and keeps them there to wait for the award). No purchase required. Just be there and you can win $$. We also have the "Perfect Attendance Award" which is given out to a person who comes to three shows in a row. We have the "Spread the Ed" award for fans who bring friends, etc. We have games that make people mingle and laugh and they can win money and lottery tickets and whatnot while playing. They all leave smiling, dressed funny, glowing and wanting more.

I'm not laughing. You've targeted the 40+ Chuck E Cheese demographic and are taking the "pay to play" concept to a different level. You're not buying tickets, but you've morphed into a carny. If that's the adulation you need, then go for it.

But don't kid yourself about the "strategically placed originals." Anyone who would sit through sets of these shenanigans is not the least bit interested in music. It's simply background noise for their drunk.
Kristi Vicious wrote:
*flick*
Wants to Sniff the Mod's G-String

Post by *flick* »

Rape-n-Rev living the fucking rock-n-roll dream. Slipping occasional originals in between some covers as fat sweaty divorcees stampede the dance floor for glow sticks and plastic fedoras. Rock on brah, rock on.
nycrue wrote:Magic Wand Original ‏@HitachiMagic 14 Feb 12
RT @hollywoodrose: the more I look at dating websites the more I know its gonna be just me and my @HitachiMagic for my whole life
Rev. Johnny Tyler
Headlining Clubs

MitziDupree wrote:
I'm not laughing. You've targeted the 40+ Chuck E Cheese demographic and are taking the "pay to play" concept to a different level. You're not buying tickets, but you've morphed into a carny. If that's the adulation you need, then go for it.

But don't kid yourself about the "strategically placed originals." Anyone who would sit through sets of these shenanigans is not the least bit interested in music. It's simply background noise for their drunk.
That's cool, chickie. I do spend money on my show. We do have fun. I still get to do what I love to do and play on stage at age 45 and I still manage to walk away from each show PAID and making a profit, even after expenses. I also sell my disc. People want it and the only music on it is original music.

Don't hate.
exitflagger

Post by exitflagger »

Rev. Johnny Tyler wrote:Don't hate.
Is there more of a perfect definition of clueless than starting a thread on the "Hatas" board calling people out and then winding up a post on that very thread with "Don't hate"?

How 'bout "Don't post", Revturd? Give that one a whirl, why doncha.
ImageImage
BlackCrypt
Win, Lose or Hieroglyph

Post by BlackCrypt »

Sounds like you are a bit much on your "simple cover band."

All of this awesomeness sounds just like Family Night at my sons elementary school!

Rev. Johnny Tyler wrote:giveaways, raffles, gimmicks, light show, video show and whatnot.

big lit-up smiley-face balloons, smiley face stickers, tubes and tubes of glowstick necklaces, bracelets, etc.

awards for certain things like the "Attendance Award"

Just be there and you can win

games that make people mingle and laugh
Constantine wrote:ur a fkn degenerate,
Metal Sludge wrote:It is after all, only a message board...relax!
Trist805 wrote:Chip, You owned me and I will admit defeat. I love big black cocks. Hope you are happy.
Rev. Johnny Tyler
Headlining Clubs

BlackCrypt wrote:Sounds like you are a bit much on your "simple cover band."

All of this awesomeness sounds just like Family Night at my sons elementary school!

Wow! Really? So it's almost like we have this weird "SCHOOL" theme going on then, huh?
Man! Maybe I should call my band "The Koolest Kids In Skool" or something, 'cuz we could TOTALLY use that angle!

We could make a logo that looks something like this...

And maybe we could take ourselves too seriously and wear fedoras and dress our singer up all goofy like a science teacher or something and we could call him "Teacher Tom!"

Ya! "Teacher Tom and the Koolest Kids In Skool!" That would be KOOL!!!!

Ya.... School theme... This could work! Thanks for the suggestion!!!

:P
Son_of_Sam_I_Am
I'm an angry, angry boy!

Post by Son_of_Sam_I_Am »

Rev. Johnny Tyler wrote:we bring the party
Rev. Johnny Tyler wrote:Image

LMFAO

Caustic Queen
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Caustic Queen »

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST!
WTF is that?
The dude in the middle looks like the wheezin whistler from the local morgue.
Endless Yodel
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Endless Yodel »

Rev, why are your avatar and signature pictures the same?
sirrloin wrote: There is a difference between show tunes appreciation and musical theater. If you don't know the difference, you're not very educated.