Killeverything's (New)NeverEndingBaseballThread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

killeverything
A Drinking Fan With A Baseball Problem

Re: Killeverything's (New)NeverEndingBaseballThread

Post by killeverything »

JakeYonkel wrote:
killeverything wrote:
Machado wrote:despite my team losing yesterday, so happy the regular season
has finally begun.

161 games to go(not including playoffs)
:lol:

Is 0-162 too much too ask?
If you've read any Yankee blogs or forums, you'd think that's where they're headed..

That's why I dropped the line. Go to nyyfans.com My God that place is unreal. Any loss is the coming of the apocalypse. Every trade scenario envisoned is along the lines of "Gardner and Kennedy for Albert Pujols!" It's hysterical.

I was sure after Sabbathia having location problems ( on the first fucking game of the season ), and Teix remaining true to form ( and starting April slow ) people would be freaking out.

Side note:

Pre-2003/4 nyyfans.com had some really good posters with their analysis. It just went downhill after those years. You get banned for saying anything remotely negative ( even if it's constructive ) about the team.

Weird.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

I have to admit, I have not seen much of C.C. before joining the Yankees.
Yesterday he could not located his fastball. Could not throw that for strikes.
That is a disaster for any pitcher.
His velocity seemed low as well. I expected him to be around 93-94. Not
the case yesterday.

Good things I saw were Posada at the plate, Matsui going yard, Jeter doing what he does, Gardner throwing a runner out at home, Swisher coming off
the bench to stroke a double.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Machado wrote:I have to admit, I have not seen much of C.C. before joining the Yankees.
the case yesterday.

Good things I saw were Posada at the plate, Matsui going yard, Jeter doing what he does, Gardner throwing a runner out at home, Swisher coming off
CC is a good pitcher. There's a reason he won the CY in '07 over a 20w Beckett. They were seperated by one game ( vs. eachother none the less ). He had better numbers all across the board, though better by like 2 points. It was ungodly close.....not anything like Zito's bullshit win over Pedro in 2002. He was 6-8 with a 3.83ERA before going to Milwaukee. He was 11-2 after with a 1.65ERA after. 251SO for the season.

The question with Sabbathia is his amounts of IP the last few seasons ( 2006: 192 2007: 241 2008: 252/3 ). Looking at his PAP ( Pitcher Abuse Points ) the concern is how he'll hold up logging 512IP the last two seasons ( including Playoffs ). He doesn't have the best record come Playoff time, look at how much he pitches during the season though.
He does have excellent conditioning and athleticism, so concerns might be nil. The question ( of fear if your a MFY fan ) will be, how many innings will pitch in 2009? He can give you a lot of them, but with the questions of the MFY bullpen and other pitchers. Will they put too much on him making him go more than 7 every game?

He is a fucking badass, but with that team's obsession with winning at all costs. I could see them abusing him.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

killeverything wrote:
Machado wrote:I have to admit, I have not seen much of C.C. before joining the Yankees.
the case yesterday.

CC is a good pitcher. There's a reason he won the CY in '07 over a 20w Beckett. They were seperated by one game ( vs. eachother none the less ). He had better numbers all across the board, though better by like 2 points. It was ungodly close.....not anything like Zito's bullshit win over Pedro in 2002. He was 6-8 with a 3.83ERA before going to Milwaukee. He was 11-2 after with a 1.65ERA after. 251SO for the season.

The question with Sabbathia is his amounts of IP the last few seasons ( 2006: 192 2007: 241 2008: 252/3 ). Looking at his PAP ( Pitcher Abuse Points ) the concern is how he'll hold up logging 512IP the last two seasons ( including Playoffs ). He doesn't have the best record come Playoff time, look at how much he pitches during the season though.
He does have excellent conditioning and athleticism, so concerns might be nil. The question ( of fear if your a MFY fan ) will be, how many innings will pitch in 2009? He can give you a lot of them, but with the questions of the MFY bullpen and other pitchers. Will they put too much on him making him go more than 7 every game?

He is a fucking badass, but with that team's obsession with winning at all costs. I could see them abusing him.
All good points and numbers you just shared.
As I watched the game on Yes yesterday, I saw numbers he has posted
in April.
They are not good
They were not good in '08 as well.

A slow starter? Seems like it.

If he pitches again like this for the next 2 starts, then I will become
concerned. Right now I'm not worried.
It was just 1 game.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Itjogsamongus wrote:COmpared to football, the people who run baseball are idiots.

I cannot stand this opening day followed by a day off. Its stupid on many levels. Play the fucking games.
I agree with you there. I don't understand a lot of what Selig does.

One good thing about the opening day/day off scenario. With the 3 rainouts yesterday, make ups were made today.
bighairdiscs
Recording Debut Album

Post by bighairdiscs »

Itjogsamongus wrote:COmpared to football, the people who run baseball are idiots.

I cannot stand this opening day followed by a day off. Its stupid on many levels. Play the fucking games.
The day off following opening day has been the standard for many years.... i agree, it kinda sucks.... however, it's because people buy tickets for Opening Day specifically, because it's special.... the built in off-day is in case of a rain out, that way people still have tickets for Opening Day, and not a make-up game at another time.

It sucks...... but, if you have tickets for opening day - you want to see the FIRST game of the season.
BlairSurfInvasion wrote:The lesson here is that if you listen to hair metal in 2007 you are going to have to pay a price, and the currency is ridicule.
WhiteHouseSubsAC
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by WhiteHouseSubsAC »

Wild one in Philly today. Man did Atlanta's middle relief implode. They did the ring ceremony before the game, those rings are comically big.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Of course your asshole is going to be sore when you volunteer for an asspounding and not set any boundaries at all.
dtmfs
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by dtmfs »

WhiteHouseSubsAC wrote:Wild one in Philly today. Man did Atlanta's middle relief implode. They did the ring ceremony before the game, those rings are comically big.
im kicking myself for going to the store when they were down 9-3, i just checked espn and they showed the highlights, glad to see the phils get in the win column, braves are gonna are better than i thought and florida's offense is rather scary, it's gonna be a wild race in the east this year.
WhiteHouseSubsAC

dtmfs wrote:
WhiteHouseSubsAC wrote:Wild one in Philly today. Man did Atlanta's middle relief implode. They did the ring ceremony before the game, those rings are comically big.
im kicking myself for going to the store when they were down 9-3, i just checked espn and they showed the highlights, glad to see the phils get in the win column, braves are gonna are better than i thought and florida's offense is rather scary, it's gonna be a wild race in the east this year.
I hate to give any ammo to TawnyVonJagger, but Florida looks great so far. I know they've only played Washington, still there is a lot to be excited about if you're one of the 2500 Marlin fans.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Of course your asshole is going to be sore when you volunteer for an asspounding and not set any boundaries at all.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

WhiteHouseSubsAC wrote:
dtmfs wrote:
I hate to give any ammo to TawnyVonJagger, but Florida looks great so far. I know they've only played Washington, still there is a lot to be excited about if you're one of the 2500 Marlin fans.
Don't be a dick dude. Florida has 2502 fans.

That was a good one today with Atlanta and Philly. I didn't turn it on till the 8th, and stayed glued to the screen afterwards. Suerholz ( sp? ) always has something up his sleeve for the Braves. They won 14 straight for a reason. I look to them to make this season interesting.

With Florida's youngsters coming to fruition, NY being Yankees Jr., Philly defending, and Atlanta never really being out. The NL East will probably be as close as the AL East. All my money's still on Philly though....well depending on Hammels.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Itjogsamongus wrote:I love that the Mets have Sheffield. What a crazy motherfucker. I hope he beats the shit of Ryan Church to get more playing time.

Any bit of "we got Putz and K-Rod! Or bullpen is solidified! Let's get those trash talking Phillies!" uniity that team had. Will be gone now. Sheffroid will destroy any bit of "team" that that team has. Sheff is testicular cancer. I say that because of his effect on teams, and well....the guy's just a fucking nutsack.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Goddamn.

Scott Kazmir was fucking dealing tonite.

Realitycheck for the Sabre guys that kinda write Tampa off this season, with the MFY's aquistions and Mighty Red Sox being paper ninjas. Were in for a good race.

That leaves the problem though. Kazmir pitches really good against Boston. Burnett is 5-0 against them too. Fuck.

I guess Beckett needs more starts.

Fuck. :lol:
Sabu
Taking Music Lessons

Post by Sabu »

Not sure how to feel about the Sheffield situation. Minaya made it VERY clear to him though when they signed him that Murphy and Church were the starters. I'm sure he could have probably caught on somewhere as a starter if he would have waited it out a week or two, but he's apparently wanted to come to the Mets for years, so we'll see how it plays out.

The guy has his issues, no doubt, but hopefully getting dumped by Detroit the way he did will open his eyes a little bit and it will keep him in check.

The Mets seem to have great chemistry right now and you have to love guys like Green, Feliciano, and Putz staying on the bench after they came off the mound in the 7th and 8th and rooting for their team. Don't see that too often with middle relievers or set-up men... Just hoping Sheff doesn't fuck it up.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

You would think.

There is a reason he's played for so many teams. He's not a AAAA guy that goes wherever he can. The guy has a "record" so to speak. You would think adding a hitter of his caliber would be a good thing.

It hasn't yet.
TawnyVonJagger
Fuck The Yankees

Post by TawnyVonJagger »

killeverything wrote:
WhiteHouseSubsAC wrote:
dtmfs wrote:
Don't be a dick dude. Florida has 2502 fans.
2509, GODDAMMIT!!!! :x

But yeah, I really like what I'm seeing so far. The speed of this team is just scary. Bonifacio is just STUPID fast. And he (along with Maybin) gets in pitchers' heads...they don't know what to do when the rabbits are on base. Poor Scotty Olsen last night. :lol: We haven't lost any power, either. I'm still a bit concerned about the errors, but we'll see how it goes in the next week or two. And yeah, I want to see how they play against a "real" team. The gNats would be a good team if they had some freaking pitching. So far though, it's been a lot of fun. Larry Beinfest=GOD.

Bring on da Muts.
Fuck sigs.
Ham Stroker's Ejacula
Transylvanian Wang

Post by Ham Stroker's Ejacula »

Angels pitcher Adenhart killed in felony hit-and-run car accident after starting last night's game against Oakland.

http://your4state.com/content/fulltext/?cid=60432
tin00can
Headlining Clubs

Post by tin00can »

Ham Stroker's Ejacula wrote:Angels pitcher Adenhart killed in felony hit-and-run car accident after starting last night's game against Oakland.

Man, I'm in fucking shock right now. Adenhart was a really good guy off the field as well and was just coming into his own. And as usual, the piece of shit who caused the accident didn't come to any harm.

This is really fucked. God damn, I'm sad.
makaveli
Headlining Clubs

Post by makaveli »

tin00can wrote:
Ham Stroker's Ejacula wrote:Angels pitcher Adenhart killed in felony hit-and-run car accident after starting last night's game against Oakland.

Man, I'm in fucking shock right now. Adenhart was a really good guy off the field as well and was just coming into his own. And as usual, the piece of shit who caused the accident didn't come to any harm.

Sucks....RIP.
ImageImage
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

that is horrible news about the pitcher.

saw a report this morning about an angels fan
that was killed at the game the other night.

terrible series of events
johnk5150
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by johnk5150 »

makaveli wrote:
tin00can wrote:

Holyfuckingshit. Bummer.

Sucks....RIP.
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
TawnyVonJagger
Fuck The Yankees

Post by TawnyVonJagger »

Man, that's fucked up. Very tragic. RIP :cry:
Fuck sigs.
WhiteHouseSubsAC

So you know who else has a killer lineup? Texas. I've been watching them the last few days because I have a few of their guys on my fantasy team, they are just destroying Cleveland. Wish I had grabbed Nelson Cruz. Too bad their pitching is atrocious or they might make some noise.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Texas always has had a killer line-up. It's not even the starting pitching that always kills them, it's the bullpen. Fuck, they've had Nolan Ryan as a starter before.

Also.

Derek Jeter spoke to the press this morning about the tragedy

"An 0-2 start or not hitting at the plate means nothing obviously when something like this happens"

I fucking wish I was joking. Why and the hell did the press ask Jeter? It's a player on an opposite team. Who he's probably never met. Probably never faced. Let's get his opinion.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

killeverything wrote:Texas always has had a killer line-up. It's not even the starting pitching that always kills them, it's the bullpen. Fuck, they've had Nolan Ryan as a starter before.

Also.

Derek Jeter spoke to the press this morning about the tragedy

"An 0-2 start or not hitting at the plate means nothing obviously when something like this happens"

I fucking wish I was joking. Why and the hell did the press ask Jeter? It's a player on an opposite team. Who he's probably never met. Probably never faced. Let's get his opinion.
if the question was asked by the NY media, are you really that surprised?
JakeYonkel
Headlining Clubs

Post by JakeYonkel »

I wonder what Guillermo Mota thinks about the economy.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

JakeYonkel wrote:I wonder what Guillermo Mota thinks about the economy.

Here's some stuff I found.

Good fucking God. I hope that motherfucker who hit him has a nice cell mate.

Because the Angels have canceled today's game against Oakland at Angel Stadium after the death of pitcher Nick Adenhart in a car accident after Wednesday's game, Fox Sports West has adjusted its programming schedule for tonight.

At 7 p.m. Bill Macdonald will anchor a round-table discussion with Mark Gubicza, Rory Markas, Rex Hudler, Steve Physioc and Jose Mota. The group will gather at the top of the rocks at the stadium and offer their memories of Adenhart.

At 7:15 p.m. Fox Sports West will replay Wednesday's game, when Adenhart started and pitched six scoreless innings. During game breaks the station will run a 10-second silent tribute in Adenhart's memory.

I'm semi-curious to look up his projections in the Top Prospects Handbook, Marcel, etc. I know that Hughes 2.5 said he would end up with the highest ERA+ in history.

The Angels' AAA club, the Salt Lake Bees, has cancelled tonight's season opener vs Reno.

The more I think about this, the more pissed off I'm getting. I've seen a few series with his minor league team before, but I'm not sure I ever saw him pitch.
tin00can
Headlining Clubs

Post by tin00can »

He had a solid outing last night against the A's. It looked like he was gonna live up to his potential. Such a shame.

Dude who hit him was 22 years old and already had a DUI conviction. Unbelievable. I'm just pissed and frustrated.
WhiteHouseSubsAC

JakeYonkel wrote:I wonder what Guillermo Mota thinks about the economy.
No Berry Good.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Local fans of the Tampa Bay Rays will miss out on nearly half of the team's games this season if they are Comcast subscribers.

SunSports added 75 Rays games to its schedule and offered them as a package to cable and satellite providers. Comcast declined to carry the games, which would have resulted in the company paying a fee to the network.

"We were surprised and disappointed by their decision," said Amy Pempel, the director of media relations for SunSports/Fox Sports Florida.

Wednesday's game between the Rays and the Boston Red Sox, which was part of the SunSports package, was also carried by ESPN2. Locally, the ESPN2 broadcast was blacked out.

Major League Baseball takes such action to protect local affiliates such as SunSports from losing viewers during a national broadcast.

Local DirecTV and DISH Network subscribers were able to watch the game because those satellite companies agreed to purchase the expanded Rays package from SunSports.

"We want to bring all of the Rays games to our customers in the best and fairest way," said Comcast spokesman Bill Ferry. "But at this point, Comcast does not have carriage rights from Fox Sports Florida and SunSports to show these games."

The largest expense for a cable provider is sports programming. The fees a provider pays to a network for carriage rights are often passed on to subscribers.

Ferry declined to comment on whether or not Comcast was still in negotiations with SunSports, which also is offering 55 Florida Marlins games this season.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

You MFY fans should love this.....or be pissed by it.

Pavano gave up 9 runs in 1 inning yesterday against Texas. :shock: