Killeverything's (New)NeverEndingBaseballThread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

tin00can
Headlining Clubs

Re: Killeverything's (New)NeverEndingBaseballThread

Post by tin00can »

Facedown wrote:Beckett pitched last night, accepted a 5 game suspension today and will start on Saturday.

MLB pusses out again. Essentially, no suspension at all.

Well done, MLB. Way to stick to your guns.
TawnyVonJagger
Fuck The Yankees

Post by TawnyVonJagger »

11-1.

This is unreal. Even when our "vaunted" starting pitchers struggle, our BP has been PHENOMENAL. They've given up ONE run this entire road trip so far. Stellar!

The Fish have been known to be error happy. They have ONE error (committed today) this road trip. Stellar D!

Even when our big guys go cold (Hanley, Uggla, Boni), SOMEONE steps up. Lately it's been the Hermida and Co-dy Co-dy Co-dy Ross Show.

I've seen some brilliant managing from Fredi.

THE FISH REFUSE TO DIE!! Can I PLEASE see some love for the Marlins?!

And JMO...The Nats are not as bad as their record indicates. They really need pitching, and their previous GM really screwed them. Wolfie, you're a Nats fan, aren't you? What are your thoughts? I really feel bad for this team, and their fans. I'm sure they'll right the ship somehow and get it together.

Now, on to Pittsburgh, and no, I am not taking this team lightly. GO FISH!
Fuck sigs.
TawnyVonJagger
Fuck The Yankees

Post by TawnyVonJagger »

Got a question for yas.

Has anyone heard of Rob Dibble? He's the announcer for the Nats on MASN. This guy is a TOTAL douchefucker. COMPLETELY unprofessional. He has major hate against the Fish, particularly Bonifacio. He even wished injury on the guy! He made a comment about how he hopes the Nats pitcher (can't recall who) nail Boni in the ribs! WTF! And he was also talking shit about us during ST, making rude and derogatory remarks about the team. Fuck you, asshole, you washed up never was. The prick needs to get the fuck out of the booth if he can't be a professional.

/rant
Fuck sigs.
killeverything
A Drinking Fan With A Baseball Problem

Post by killeverything »

TawnyVonJagger wrote:Got a question for yas.

Has anyone heard of Rob Dibble? He's the announcer for the Nats on MASN. This guy is a TOTAL douchefucker. COMPLETELY unprofessional. He has major hate against the Fish, particularly Bonifacio. He even wished injury on the guy! He made a comment about how he hopes the Nats pitcher (can't recall who) nail Boni in the ribs! WTF! And he was also talking shit about us during ST, making rude and derogatory remarks about the team. Fuck you, asshole, you washed up never was. The prick needs to get the fuck out of the booth if he can't be a professional.

/rant
I haven't ever listened to him, but I've heard about it. I thought it was funny. One of the things he say's is if a fan catches a Dunn HR, bring him the ball during the game and he'll get Dunn to autograph it. I don't know how that could actually happen, but whatever.

A washed-up never was though? Washed up maybe, but "never was?" Do the Nasty Boys ring a bell? Ask Canseco and the Oakland Roids about em'.
TawnyVonJagger
Fuck The Yankees

Post by TawnyVonJagger »

Eh, my bad. I never heard of him. I still want to punch him in the throat, though.
Fuck sigs.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

TawnyVonJagger wrote:Eh, my bad. I never heard of him. I still want to punch him in the throat, though.
In 1990 the Cincinatti Reds had this bad ass bullpen, they were called "the Nasty Boys." They basically mowed down the competition on the way to a WS ring. They stopped Oakland from a repeat.

The guy's always kinda been that way. Hence the nickname.

Punch away. :lol:
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

tin00can wrote:
Facedown wrote:Beckett pitched last night, accepted a 5 game suspension today and will start on Saturday.

What would he have been suspended for?

Remember the umps on the field didn't feel he did anything worth throwing him out for. Bob Watson over-reacted, Beckett threated to appeal. Bob Watson backpeddaled. This happens a lot.
WhiteHouseSubsAC
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by WhiteHouseSubsAC »

I remember seeing an interview with Rob Dibble and he was pretty funny. Come on, he's the Nats announcer, he has to make those three hours entertaining somehow.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Of course your asshole is going to be sore when you volunteer for an asspounding and not set any boundaries at all.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

killeverything wrote:
tin00can wrote:

What would he have been suspended for?

Remember the umps on the field didn't feel he did anything worth throwing him out for. Bob Watson over-reacted, Beckett threated to appeal. Bob Watson backpeddaled. This happens a lot.
The system is flawed. Reducing the suspension 1 games allows beckett to NOT miss a start this week because the sox have a game off.
What's the point of suspending a starting pitcher in the first place if he won't miss a single game?

Shame on MLB!!
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Machado wrote:The system is flawed. Reducing the suspension 1 games allows beckett to NOT miss a start this week because the sox have a game off.
What's the point of suspending a starting pitcher in the first place if he won't miss a single game?

Shame on MLB!!
Again what was he suspended for?

He was stopping mid-windup. Believe me if he wanted to hit Abreu, he would have. That's why the umps didn't eject him from the game. It was Bob Watson holding down the being a piece of shit.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

killeverything wrote:
Machado wrote:The system is flawed. Reducing the suspension 1 games allows beckett to NOT miss a start this week because the sox have a game off.

Shame on MLB!!
Again what was he suspended for?

He was stopping mid-windup. Believe me if he wanted to hit Abreu, he would have. That's why the umps didn't eject him from the game. It was Bob Watson holding down the being a piece of shit.
I have to vent yes? Considering I HATE the chowder-heads with a passion.

Yankees pitching order this weekend TBD.
Yankees have not yet decided if Wang will pitch on Friday or be skipped
due to his recent troubles.
Burnett could go on Friday on his regular 4 days rest. If not then, Saturday could be the day.
C.C. throws today, meaning he can pitch either Sat or Sun.

Both the Yankees and sox are off Thursday
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Itjogsamongus wrote:The big discussion on Talk Radio here is not Wong or the blowout. Its Yankee Stadium.

20 home runs were hit in the park in the first four days. That's the record for an opening series at a new stadium. More than Coors field. There's obviously a wind current blowing balls out, specifically to right center field. The most home runs in the old Yankee stadium in an opening series over the last five years was ten.

Scouts were sending out reports that anything hit in the air plays like Coors field before they worked out the situation. The Yankees did not pay Sabathia and Burnett all this money to have pop ups fly out of the park. Some think the problem is the old Yankee Stadium blocking the winds from the harlem river. Some think its that they didn't enclose the stadium enough.

They paid 1.1 billion for this park, and this is not what they wanted. The Yankees cannot become identified by Yankee Stadium like its Petco or some shit. This is going to be a real issue and they have to fix the problem fast.
Right now this topic is a hot. Everybody is an expert and the media needs something to talk about after 2 weeks of games.

Knowing the Yankees, they will get started on fixing the problem vs standing idle and not doing a damn thing about it.

I think they are plans to "tear down" most of the old Yankee Stadium this summer. If that does happen, will the winds change?

Girardi has said that he's noticed the balls were not carrying as much to right center at night.
We will learn more about this theory when the Yankees host the a's tonight and tomorrow night.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Yankees third baseman Alex Rodriguez increased his onfield drills Monday as the three-time AL MVP started his second full week working out at New York's minor league complex in Florida.

A-Rod, comimg back from right hip surgery in Colorado on March 9, did additional defensive work, making 19 throws to first and nine to second after fielding grounders. He also continues to look impressive in batting practice, hitting 10 homers in 75 swings.

"It feels good," an upbeat Rodriguez said.

Rodriguez is running in the outfield at the start and end of his onfield sessions, but has not started full-speed sprints or running the bases.

The Yankees expect Rodriguez to rejoin the team by May 15.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Itjogsamongus wrote:This is not media talk. This is a real situation. Melky Cabrera was hitting pop ups into the stands. Texiera too. And the balls carry better later in the year than now, so it will only get worse.

No one knows the answers, but right now, its a joke.

Who would have thought they would have made it too easy to hit at Yankee stadium and too hard at Citi Field.
The park factor of new MFY Stadium is unreal. I understand the orgins, a shorter LF porch for Ruth. Williams took a huge liking to it too. This one though is going to destroy that pitching staff.

I don't care how good their starters are, if the only run you give up is 3 run bombs. That's going to kill them. Much less being able to sign top free agent pitcher's in the future. I don't care how much money they throw at them, it's going to be difficult if they know it will kill their stats.

So far everything that's come out about the new Stadium has been negative. I wish Sheepmafia would chime in on this subject. He had a different take on it last year, with renovations wouldn't work.
nycyankee
Recording Debut Album

Post by nycyankee »

The new Yankee Stadium is a fuckin joke. Ever since they announced they were building a new stadium in 2004 nothing but bad things have happened to the Yankees. Now that the new stadium is here, things are only going to get worse. They didn't build a baseball park, they built a fuckin video game. 20 hrs in one series is a disgrace. I agree with Killeverything about the Yankees not being able to sign future top pitching free agents. Players love money, but they love the Hall of Fame even more. No way are they going to want to play here if it is going to fuck up their stats. Another thing about this huge mall that they tried to pass off as Yankee Stadium is that the place is dead. I have seen more life and enthusiasm at a damn library. Maybe the Yankees are being punished by the baseball gods for fucking up tradition. That is what happens when you get greedy and sell out your tradition/history. I am not a happy Yankee fan right now.

P.S I predict Jason Giambi hits 3 hrs to right upperdeck.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

took this from a Yankees blog/writer in Jersey

There are increasing whispers in Yankeeland that the team realizes they overpriced the good seats and a correction is coming.
The issue may be how they compensate those loyal fans who dropped $2,625 a seat already.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Itjogsamongus wrote:It was not the Yankees attention to build a carnival tent. They made the dimensions exactly as the old stadium. They didn't pay Sabathia $161 million to pitch in a pin ball machine afterall.

They have to correct it. Its imperative. The yankees cannot be known for their ballpark. Its one thing about the Green Monster or something like that, but you can't have another Petco stadium that compromises the game like this.

They better get to it after this homestand. Its a freaking disaster. Melky Cabrera is going to hit 40 home runs at this pace.
Figured y'all would appreciate this quote I heard. :lol:

"In a ballpark with seats from $375-$2600, its a damn shame that the cheapest thing in the new park is a home run to right."

Also there has been lots of studies on the wind's effect there. Once the warmer weather appears, balls are going to be hit out of there, like a roided up Bonds on a Little League field. As for it being the same size, not according to the NYT. LF is shorter, how long till they correct it?

Before they built the new Yankee Stadium, the Yankees commissioned engineering studies to gauge the possible effect of wind on batted balls. The tests showed nothing alarming, though more research is planned now that 20 home runs have been hit in the first four games.

At the old Yankee Stadium, at least after the remodeling in the 1970s, the wall curved from the right-field corner to straightaway center. Now, because of a scoreboard embedded in the wall in right-center, it is almost entirely straight...

Greg Rybarczyk, who runs the Web site hittrackeronline.com, said 6 of the 14 homers hit to right field would not have been out at the old Stadium.

“The biggest difference is exactly at the center of Section 103 (the one closest to the right-field bullpen), where the new park is nine feet shorter (359 feet in the new, 368 feet in the old),” Rybarczyk said in an e-mail message.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/04/21/sport ... ref=sports
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Anything and everything the Yankees are involved with
turns into a media sensation.

I love it!!!
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Itjogsamongus wrote:Machado, you're media line does not apply here. This is not an A-Rod boffing hookers storyline here.

They spent 1.1 billion dollars on a stadium where Mario Mendoza would be able to hit fifty fucking home runs. This is the most historic stadium in American sports history and you have more balls flying out of it than an Army of Cossacks with punctured scrotums.

As a Yankee fan, you do not want this attention or reality. THey finally built a team based around pitching and just gave a way the home field advantage.
:lol: .......Mario Mendoza. Shit, he's probably come out of retirement for that.
johnk5150
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by johnk5150 »

It may snow at Wrigley tonight. Fuck it's cold.
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

2 bits of news from The Bronx

1)Wang will pitch an extended spring training game
down in Tampa.

2)Nady has a strained ligament in elbow. Could be out up to
6 weeks, with surgery not likely.
nycyankee
Recording Debut Album

Post by nycyankee »

Arod should just come back now. He doesn't need to be 100% to hit hrs at Coors Field east.
TawnyVonJagger
Fuck The Yankees

Post by TawnyVonJagger »

Damn. (Or, O NOES! The sky is falling! :roll: )

The Fish have NEVER played well in Pittsburgh. But I tip my hat to the Buccos, they have a decent team there, maybe they can make some noise.
Fuck sigs.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

TawnyVonJagger wrote:Damn. (Or, O NOES! The sky is falling! :roll: )

The Fish have NEVER played well in Pittsburgh. But I tip my hat to the Buccos, they have a decent team there, maybe they can make some noise.
Two ex-Yankees players started games this week and pitched
very well and very good.
nycyankee
Recording Debut Album

Post by nycyankee »

Melky Cabrera hit 2 hrs yesterday including the walk off hr in extra innings.

If Arod is healthy next yr, I wouldn't be surprised if he broke the record for hrs in one season. I wouldn't be surprised if he hit 75-80 in this joke of a park. This stadium deserves to be stuffed with dynamite.

I want the old stadium back.
ultraphobic71
Headlining Clubs

Post by ultraphobic71 »

ImageLet's Go Astros!
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

nycyankee wrote:Melky Cabrera hit 2 hrs yesterday including the walk off hr in extra innings.

If Arod is healthy next yr, I wouldn't be surprised if he broke the record for hrs in one season. I wouldn't be surprised if he hit 75-80 in this joke of a park. This stadium deserves to be stuffed with dynamite.

I want the old stadium back.
I think everyone wants the old stadium back.
tin00can
Headlining Clubs

Post by tin00can »

The Angels just put Darren Oliver on the DL and bumped Kelvim Escobar to the 60-day DL. Holy fuck, our pitching is in shambles. Here's our DL list:

Lackey
Santana
Escobar
Moseley
Oliver

...and of course, we also lost Nick Adenhart. I just don't see how the Angels can't sign one or two of Pedro/Byrd/Hudson. The pen is also blowing up. Shields is horrible, Arredondo sucks, and Fuentes is a heart attack in waiting. Vlad is on the DL, and only Torii Hunter can hit home runs for the team.

I'm not crying doom, but it looks pretty bad.
JakeYonkel
Headlining Clubs

Post by JakeYonkel »

Man, they are in bad shape, aren't they?

I read that they are in on Pedro. At this point they pretty much have to be. Still think it's nuts that somebody would pay him $5M when at this point he's probably a 6 inning, NL-only pitcher, but desperate times...

I think not re-signing Teixeira is proving to be a costly mistake, too. They've really got no power in that lineup away from Vlad. Sure, Torii can hit 25 bombs, but he's a free swinger. Vlad's a great hitter. Abreu isn't a power bat. Then again, their #3 hitter lately is Maicer Izturis.

But, with how bad that division is, I wouldn't worry about it. If they can somehow play .500 ball until the big guns return in a month, they'll be OK.
WhiteHouseSubsAC
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by WhiteHouseSubsAC »

Did anyone see the bomb that Manny hit last night? 96 MPH fastball completely out of Minute Maid park. He may look like a cow in the OF but man does he have some bat speed.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Of course your asshole is going to be sore when you volunteer for an asspounding and not set any boundaries at all.