The Never Ending MMA thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

MurrayFiend
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Re: The Never Ending MMA thread

Post by MurrayFiend »

I don't even like fighting all that much, but Fedor is that dude.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Any chicks on this board like Sean Connery or Roger Moore?
KillDevilHill
Headlining Clubs

Post by KillDevilHill »

Its funny, Sheilds is on a 13 fight win streak. He is on a win steak because he wants to be a star of the small show. Yet after every fight it becomes more apparant he would get wasted in the UFC. My god his stand up is awful.

Congrats to werdum, most top 10's would waste him though.

The young vangabond is really the LHW worth mentioning outside the uFC at the moment. Great future.

Fedor, what else to say about the guy. His down side gets cut easy and swings wild, everyone has known that for years and no one has come close to taking him out. Hope he scraps Overeem because its the only fight outside opf the UFC really worth speaking about. Werdum/fedor yeah ok w/e.

Way to be humble in the post fight brett :roll:

Its kind of funny to think about my state of mind two years ago. But Brock Lesnar VS Fedor Emelianenko is BY FAR the most interesting fight in MMA right now

BTW Hioki and Jorge santiago lost last night at sengoku
Mr Yellow Discipline wrote:Somebody please post more videos of girls getting set on fire.
JRA wrote: I did like how they took the piss out of readers. Fuck books and fuck them.
KillDevilHill
Headlining Clubs

Post by KillDevilHill »

OH and fuck CBS for having a tape delay on the west coast, MMA I guess sint a real sport
Mr Yellow Discipline wrote:Somebody please post more videos of girls getting set on fire.
JRA wrote: I did like how they took the piss out of readers. Fuck books and fuck them.
UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by UtahRatt »

KillDevilHill wrote:OH and fuck CBS for having a tape delay on the west coast, MMA I guess sint a real sport
I had to close out all games and chat/voice programs because I was hearing the fucking winners before hand. Good thing I shut it down before the Fedor match started.

I get the feeling that early jab by Brett made the fight closer then it really was, if they have a rematch I'd bet it don't take Fedor that long to take him out again. With that being said, Brett had a good fight going up till he got KOed.

What about Brett's after fight interview? Slight crybaby? Sure he was disappointed but even with a head start YOU GOT KNOCKED THE FUCK OUT! NO BUT'S ABOUT IT! I hate woulda, coulda, shoulda making excuses type of people.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
NunoFreak
Population 1

Post by NunoFreak »

I "watched" this Strikeforce show while high on Ambien and I remember the first few fights, but the Fedor/Rogers fight is a blur.
ProTool
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by ProTool »

Fedor is the best HW out there, no doubt.

What's the deal with the contract Dana offered him, anyway?

One side says it's the most lucrative deal the UFC has ever offered. The sticking point was Fedor's manager demanding full partnership with the company.

The Fedor side says the deal was not a good one. The contract would be an indefinite one as long as he was champ, but they could cut ties/purse percentages at any time if his performances were subpar.

Who's really to blame for the deal not getting done?
"and I'd love to talk philosophy but I gotta take a piss, man, that philosophy runs right through you"
YYC
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by YYC »

Everything I read/heard was that the major sticking point for Fedor and the UFC was Dana's refusal to co-promote the fight with M-1. I've read all kinds of reports about the money offered, all of it pretty lucrative.. Though Dana is without a doubt a douche a lot of the time, I side with him on this one.
ryan76 wrote:I hope all your children have small penises, including the girls.
Garbageman
Trashsocioculturist
Location: This is gonna be one hell of a horse race, cuz I'm riding a cheetah!

Post by Garbageman »

And Brock's sick...

"I am worried about it…" – Dana White

- Dana White spoke about Brock Lesnar's health status at the UFC 105 post event press conference; here are some highlights…

On Brock's Current Health: "He is not good," White said. "He is very, very sick, and he's going to be out for a while. He doesn't want to talk about it publicly, but he's in bad shape. He's not well. He's not going to be getting well anytime soon. I am worried about it," White said. "I can't really talk about it right now, but [Lesnar] is in rough shape. He's in really bad shape. I'm actually probably going to fly to go see him, and we're going to probably have to do some stuff to take care of this guy. He is not well, and he's not getting any better."

On What Dana Plans To Do To Help: "I don't know. I've got to get him to one of these really good hospitals with really good doctors to figure out what's wrong and how we get him better. [Lesnar] is in bad shape, and the reality is they don't really know all that's wrong with him."

On His Collapse In Canada: "He owns a bunch of property in Canada. He went up to Canada just to get away from his house, to go up there and just kind of chill out up there. "He [expletive] dropped. He went down, and he had to go to the hospital. They ran every test on the planet on him, and they ended up finding out something else was wrong with him."

On The Status Of The Title: "If it's a long wait, we're gong to have to do something," White said. "We're going to have to – the last thing I ever want to do is strip a guy who won a title. That's the last thing I want to do. I don't know if we'll have to do an interim or what we'll do to fix it."
radiobed wrote:The bottom line is Sleek is so far from credible when discussing Poison and their impact.
"I had to work hard for my yacht. I even played with Don Dokken." Bobby Blotzer
KillDevilHill
Headlining Clubs

Post by KillDevilHill »

Holy fuck I wanted to punch a hole in the wall after the kang loss. FUCK!
But to knock bisping it took him forever to finish that fight, he does have pillows for hands. Kang got up three times from positions that would have been the ending to the average fight

I like hardy, fought a good fight. GSP will destroy him though

Vera used a shitty gameplan, and gassed again. The dec wasnt as bad as Joe was bitching about.

I dont know whats next for randy, but hope he hangs em up soon.
BozoMcMetal
Headlining Clubs

Post by BozoMcMetal »

Nog is out for a while too, he got another bad staph infection. His fight with Cain is off indefinitely.
tacocowboy
Pimping Your Demo At Shows

Post by tacocowboy »

BozoMcMetal wrote:Nog is out for a while too, he got another bad staph infection. His fight with Cain is off indefinitely.
You're fucking kidding me! UFC is getting kicked in the balls having to call off all these big fights. Lesnar / Carwin, Belfort, A Silva, and now Nog and Cain. Fuck I was even looking forward to see what that Duffee kid could do in his next fight! The biggest fight to look forward to now is Marcus Jones vs Titties lol!
BozoMcMetal
Headlining Clubs

Post by BozoMcMetal »

My UFC 106 picks:

Tito - 2nd rd TKO or decision...Tito looked pumped at the weigh ins, if he's at 100% he should whoop Forrest's ass.
Johnson - 1st rd KO...Rumble is going to be the one to dethrone GSP.
Baroni - 2nd rd brutal KO...the best eva!
Nogueira - Unanimous Decision...Really glad to see Lil Nog getting in the UFC. I hope a rematch with Shogun is soon.
Thiago - Decision. Coin flip.
BozoMcMetal
Headlining Clubs

Post by BozoMcMetal »

enter your username wrote:
BozoMcMetal wrote:My UFC 106 picks:
Tito - 2nd rd TKO or decision...Tito looked pumped at the weigh ins, if he's at 100% he should whoop Forrest's ass.
Johnson - 1st rd KO...Rumble is going to be the one to dethrone GSP.
Baroni - 2nd rd brutal KO...the best eva!
You didn't do to good on those picks.

I like how Tito was 100% healthy going in and the first thing he does after the loss is claim that he was injured. LMFAO @ cracked skull and bad back.

He's a joke. Hope he gets to fight Shogun next so he can get slapped around some more.

Baroni's done. He hasn't done jack shit since he hit that ref 5 or 6 years ago.
Yeah...Baroni did the old Hammer House game plan of gassing in 30 seconds and then getting the shit kicked out of you. Johnson got hosed by some dirty shit in that fight, in addition to being outstruck and outgrappled. I thought the same thing about Tito, saying he was 100% and then immediately making excuses. If he hadn't decided to be a walking punching bag for the 3rd round, he might have been able to pull out a decision. I don't know what his strategy was in that round, or if he was too tired, but that was pathetic.
tripsgirl
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by tripsgirl »

Just a reminder Ultimate Fighter finale is on Spike TV right now...
Personally, I blame Triple H -
The sig good for any occasion.
Facedown
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by Facedown »

Ex-Football great Herschel Walker, 47, will make UFC debut soon.
Last edited by Facedown on Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
BozoMcMetal
Headlining Clubs

Post by BozoMcMetal »

Terrible fight from Kimbo. He does not belong in the UFC at all. And what the fuck was with one judge scoring it 30-27? Unbelievable.
BodyBagz

Post by BodyBagz »

BozoMcMetal wrote:Terrible fight from Kimbo. He does not belong in the UFC at all. And what the fuck was with one judge scoring it 30-27? Unbelievable.
Well, to be fair, Houston Alexander sucked that fight up, not Kimbo. Kimbo wanted to come out and bang and all Houston wanted to do was try and key in on the known knee issue Kimbo has. I mean come on, if Houston danced any more in the ring he would get a shot on Dancing With the Stars before he gets a title shot... :lol:
"Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master." - George Washington
BozoMcMetal
Headlining Clubs

Post by BozoMcMetal »

BodyBagz wrote:
BozoMcMetal wrote:Terrible fight from Kimbo. He does not belong in the UFC at all. And what the fuck was with one judge scoring it 30-27? Unbelievable.
Well, to be fair, Houston Alexander sucked that fight up, not Kimbo. Kimbo wanted to come out and bang and all Houston wanted to do was try and key in on the known knee issue Kimbo has. I mean come on, if Houston danced any more in the ring he would get a shot on Dancing With the Stars before he gets a title shot... :lol:
Houston definitely sucked, but Kimbo didn't throw a single punch in the 1st round. I don't see how you can win a round when all you do is dance around and get kicked, but apparently lately some of the judges think that's how you win a fight...
Garbageman
Trashsocioculturist

Post by Garbageman »

I couldn't believe Kimbo pulled out a suplex.

Strange DQ after the fight was stopped in that Jones/Hammil fight. They said he'd only lose a point then changed their mind. At least Rogan had an idea why that rule was put in place to begin with.
radiobed wrote:The bottom line is Sleek is so far from credible when discussing Poison and their impact.
BozoMcMetal
Headlining Clubs

Post by BozoMcMetal »

Garbageman wrote:I couldn't believe Kimbo pulled out a suplex.

Strange DQ after the fight was stopped in that Jones/Hammil fight. They said he'd only lose a point then changed their mind. At least Rogan had an idea why that rule was put in place to begin with.
I called the DQ before the commercial break, I was surprised Rogan or Goldie didn't mention it. The fight got stopped on an illegal blow, even though Jones was clearly on his way to stopping him, so you can't really give him the win. I think Hammill wanted it stopped more because of his shoulder though. Jones just got too overanxious and made a mistake. That dude is gonna be trouble in another year or two.
tacocowboy
Pimping Your Demo At Shows

Post by tacocowboy »

BozoMcMetal wrote:
BodyBagz wrote:
Houston definitely sucked, but Kimbo didn't throw a single punch in the 1st round. I don't see how you can win a round when all you do is dance around and get kicked, but apparently lately some of the judges think that's how you win a fight...
Actually, you lose points for avoiding contact. Which was exactly what Houston Alexander was doing. I even said to my buddies about 2 minutes in to the first round that he's losing points by doing that and one of them said "I don't think this fight will go to decision".
BozoMcMetal
Headlining Clubs

Post by BozoMcMetal »

tacocowboy wrote: Actually, you lose points for avoiding contact. Which was exactly what Houston Alexander was doing. I even said to my buddies about 2 minutes in to the first round that he's losing points by doing that and one of them said "I don't think this fight will go to decision".
What contact was he avoiding? If Kimbo had thrown any punches in 5 minutes, you could say that. Kimbo could have cut the angle off and engaged him, but he never got closer to him than about 8 feet. I don't see how you can outstrike someone 10-1, even if they are weak strikes, and lose the round. Houston wasn't being any more overly defensive than Kimbo was.
BodyBagz

Post by BodyBagz »

BozoMcMetal wrote:
tacocowboy wrote: Actually, you lose points for avoiding contact. Which was exactly what Houston Alexander was doing. I even said to my buddies about 2 minutes in to the first round that he's losing points by doing that and one of them said "I don't think this fight will go to decision".
What contact was he avoiding? If Kimbo had thrown any punches in 5 minutes, you could say that. Kimbo could have cut the angle off and engaged him, but he never got closer to him than about 8 feet. I don't see how you can outstrike someone 10-1, even if they are weak strikes, and lose the round. Houston wasn't being any more overly defensive than Kimbo was.
IMO, the reason Kimbo was les to blame for a dismal 1st round had to do with his inexperience vs Houstons greater experience. I mean come on now, Houston Alexander has been quite a phenom since he debuted in the UFC, and here he is "dancing" around the one guy to come to the UFC that no one was really scared of after seeing him in Elite XC, and then seeing him on the TUF show made him look even less threatening.

Houston and Kimbo both should have came out the gate throwing leather...neither are known for wrestling, so why the fuck waste the first round sizing each other up? Simply put, Alexander is the "ring veteran", therefore he should have been the one to set the fights pacing, and I dont mean the sanils pace of the first round like he ultimately did. He is a brawler with great knock-out power and he should have been displaying that.
"Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master." - George Washington
Garbageman
Trashsocioculturist

Post by Garbageman »

Some good fights tonight.

And that cut on Diego Sanchez was nasty!
tin00can
Headlining Clubs

Post by tin00can »

Garbageman wrote:Some good fights tonight.

BJ was convincing, for sure. He was in complete control and never even got winded.

I'm beginning to think Guida is overrated. Florian really took care of him.
BozoMcMetal
Headlining Clubs

Post by BozoMcMetal »

Garbageman wrote:Some good fights tonight.

The first head kick I've ever seen BJ throw, and it was a home run. I don't see anyone in the world giving BJ trouble at 155.
tin00can
Headlining Clubs

Post by tin00can »

Speaking of overrated...how ya doing, Kongo?
BozoMcMetal
Headlining Clubs

Post by BozoMcMetal »

tin00can wrote:Speaking of overrated...how ya doing, Kongo?
He sure has some shitty striking defense to be the "best striker in the HW division." I'd like to see Mir vs. Junior Dos Santos next. I fucking hate Frank Mir and I'd like to see him get taken apart by JDS.
BD888

Post by BD888 »

I don't understand how Kimbo won the fight, at best the fight could have scored a draw if Kimbo got a 10-8 in the last round. But anyways, Houston deserved that if he had a game plan like that, I often think the refs take points away for fighters avoiding confrontation, but if the opponent doesn't land anything or get any take downs, then I guess teh guy doing the evading is doing a better job. Houston Alexander is no counter punching fighter like Machida or Liddell, that's for sure. I was hoping for a brawl, and well, it sucked.

Loved the BJ fight. I can't believe what great cardio BJ has now. I thought Sanchez was the only contender at the weight, and he had nothing. I think he's lucky BJ was trying to knock him out, or he would have been submitted much earlier. I see BJ moving up for some big fights and defending the LW title once or twice a year. I don't want to see GSP vs BJ III just yet.

Kongo mad Mir look great. I never really liked rated Kongo, and I was at ring side when he beat Crocop.
svgshadowhunter
Lugging equipment around in parent's car

Post by svgshadowhunter »

UFC 111 (?) is gonna be Carwin vs. Mir for the interim heavyweight belt
and GSP vs. Dan Hardy......

Carwins a classy guy and i hope he wins, I know fuck all about Dan Hardy. Georges St Pierre is a tough SOB, I doubt hes too worried about it.