Random observations about the 2009 NFL season.

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

tin00can
Headlining Clubs

Re: Random observations about the 2009 NFL season.

Post by tin00can »

nycyankee wrote:I think that if you took the New Orleans Saints players and made them all play for the Jets, they would suck major ass. I think the Jets are just fuckin cursed. They are a lost cause.

Jets suck

Knicks suck

Rangers suck

Thank goodness for the Yankees.

How sad things are for a New York sports fan. My heart bleeds for ya, fella.
Tenacious_Dio
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Tenacious_Dio »

LAPoet wrote:who would really want to see the Raiders and the Chiefs anyway
That was the only AFC game played in the 4:00 slot. In Charlotte we got
Cowboys/Packers and Chiefs/Raiders. Tough choice. :lol:
Alabama Slammer
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Alabama Slammer »

bane wrote:I think barring major injury, The Saints are going to the Super Bowl
About goddamned time. This year's looking good... Bama's 10-0 with a shot at the whole thing, the Saints are finally resembling and NFL football team, and my alma mater is undefeated in their Conference and heading to the New Orleans Bowl.

Still... one game at the time. Crazy things happen.
gr8twhte
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by gr8twhte »

The Broncos look like they are coming back to Earth.
gr8twhte
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by gr8twhte »

Loved Bud Adams giving the finger...
UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by UtahRatt »

Cleveland can suck my ass. That's two weeks in a row I've lost to a Monday night defense that's went the fuck off. FUCK!

poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
Redman77
Beer & Titty King

Post by Redman77 »

UtahRatt wrote:Cleveland can suck my ass. That's two weeks in a row I've lost to a Monday night defense that's went the fuck off. FUCK!

:lol:

I had the Ravens D & the guy I was playing had Rice. He was ahead by 2 going into the game & I won by 6. I love Cleveland.
saracapri wrote: It's true. I'm wild for buttsex.
Facedown
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by Facedown »

Leaving for New Orleans tomorrow.
Monday Night Football FTW!
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
thejuggernaut
Headlining Clubs
Location: Of course you can't stand gay people. Check out your own animated sig, you fucking idiot - Moggio

Post by thejuggernaut »

UtahRatt wrote:Cleveland can suck my ass. That's two weeks in a row I've lost to a Monday night defense that's went the fuck off. FUCK!

Told y'all almost 2 months ago about Baltimore's D.

Hehe

thejuggernaut wrote:On topic.

To me, the Ravens look "off".

They sure do have an offense now, FINALLY.

However, I don't trust their D. Greg Mattison was the worst possible hire to replace Ryan.

Perhaps the strong veterans can ignite the fire to compensate for the loss of Ryan, but Greg Mattison is horrible.
UtahRatt

Re: Your random observations about the NFL season so far.

Post by UtahRatt »

johnk5150 wrote:
UtahRatt wrote:
Jay Cutlerfuck is going to win one and lose one back to back all year. Get used to it Bear fans, if you don't already...Pretend you're a Cubs fan..It should help ease the pain of being a looser.
Lifelong Bears criticizer...and you're dead wrong about this kid. He's making SHITTY receivers good. Cutler is the real deal. Ask Pittsburgh. 240 and no picks against the SB champs.

Still think CutlerSulk is the real deal? And not in leading the league in int's.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

thejuggernaut wrote:Told y'all almost 2 months ago about Baltimore's D.

Hehe
Interested to see how they pound the back up's in Pitt tonight.

Well I'm sure it will be interesting for a quarter then time to switch the channel.
TawnyVonJagger
Fuck The Yankees

Post by TawnyVonJagger »

UtahRatt wrote:
thejuggernaut wrote:Told y'all almost 2 months ago about Baltimore's D.

Hehe
Interested to see how they pound the back up's in Pitt tonight.

Well I'm sure it will be interesting for a quarter then time to switch the channel.
Pretty fuckin' good game, I'd say. Glad to see the Ravens pull off the win though.
Tomorrow's game should be STELLAR! GEAUX SAINTS!
Fuck sigs.
johnk5150
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by johnk5150 »

UtahRatt wrote:
johnk5150 wrote:
UtahRatt wrote:
Jay Cutlerfuck is going to win one and lose one back to back all year. Get used to it Bear fans, if you don't already...Pretend you're a Cubs fan..It should help ease the pain of being a looser.
Lifelong Bears criticizer...and you're dead wrong about this kid. He's making SHITTY receivers good. Cutler is the real deal. Ask Pittsburgh. 240 and no picks against the SB champs.

Still think CutlerSulk is the real deal? And not in leading the league in int's.
Do you really think the Bears problem is the QB?
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
Heenan Snuka

Post by Heenan Snuka »

Facedown wrote:Leaving for New Orleans tomorrow.
Monday Night Football FTW!

don't forget to reply to this thread when the game is over:

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=211036&start=30
Stoner wrote:
...we stopped at a restaurant to eat and I was wearing a Sludge shirt. Someone came up and asked me if I read the messageboard - I touched cloth for a split second and then said the shirt was my husband's and just looked at them retardedly.
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

Go bert favor!
doctordestructo
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by doctordestructo »

Damn... the Patriots got an ol' fashioned ass whippin' tonight :lol:
Heenan Snuka

Post by Heenan Snuka »

NeverSurrender wrote:Go bert favor!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Stoner wrote:
...we stopped at a restaurant to eat and I was wearing a Sludge shirt. Someone came up and asked me if I read the messageboard - I touched cloth for a split second and then said the shirt was my husband's and just looked at them retardedly.
Monsters_of_Rock
Recording Your Demo

Post by Monsters_of_Rock »

doctordestructo wrote:Damn... the Patriots got an ol' fashioned ass whippin' tonight :lol:
...and Belicheat showed his (lack of) character by pulling the starters with five minutes left in the game. Moss must have given him lessons on how to quit when the going gets tough.

Epic SB choke vs. the Giants, Brady's injury, 4th and 2, and now this beatdown at the hands of the Saints... karma : the gift that keeps on giving. :D
"We're gonna score 17? OK!!! What is Plaxico playing defense now?"
--Tom Brady
thejuggernaut
Headlining Clubs
Location: Of course you can't stand gay people. Check out your own animated sig, you fucking idiot - Moggio

Post by thejuggernaut »

Monsters_of_Rock wrote:
doctordestructo wrote:Damn... the Patriots got an ol' fashioned ass whippin' tonight :lol:
...and Belicheat showed his (lack of) character by pulling the starters with five minutes left in the game. Moss must have given him lessons on how to quit when the going gets tough.

Wow.

You've said some historically stupid things on this board, but this one ranks among your all time greats.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

johnk5150 wrote:Do you really think the Bears problem is the QB?
Leading the league in interceptions can't help. Still think he's the real deal?

Just curious.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

UtahRatt wrote:
johnk5150 wrote:Do you really think the Bears problem is the QB?
Leading the league in interceptions can't help. Still think he's the real deal?

Just curious.
Leading the league in picks isn't why they aren't winning. Anyone saying othewise isn't watching this 'team'.

JK
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
Monsters_of_Rock
Recording Your Demo

thejuggernaut wrote:
Monsters_of_Rock wrote:

Wow.

You've said some historically stupid things on this board, but this one ranks among your all time greats.
You think it was a good idea to give up with five minutes left in the game and down by 21? Didn't the Colts rally from 21 points down in the last five minutes on that Monday night in Tampa a few years back?

Belicheat was being a sore loser to pull the starters with that much time left. What he did is the same as throwing the board across the room and refusing to finish the game when you're getting beat in chess or checkers.
--Tom Brady
thejuggernaut
Headlining Clubs

Post by thejuggernaut »

Monsters_of_Rock wrote:
thejuggernaut wrote:
Wow.

You think it was a good idea to give up with five minutes left in the game and down by 21? Didn't the Colts rally from 21 points down in the last five minutes on that Monday night in Tampa a few years back?

Belicheat was being a sore loser to pull the starters with that much time left. What he did is the same as throwing the board across the room and refusing to finish the game when you're getting beat in chess or checkers.
He saw his quarterback getting smacked around all night and, down by 21 with 5 minutes left and lots of games left in the season, chose to fight another day and not risk the QB (who is still technically rehabbing) gettin injured again.

Also, with that game decided, why risk exposing any more plays to film when you still have plenty of games left ?

Nice job though, comparing the unbeaten Saints to the 7-9 2003 Bucs. I am sure Belichik was sitting on the sideline thinking to himself "well, the Colts came back against the Bucs in a game 6 years ago, so maybe we can"

You never cease to amaze with your ability to let your hatred render you incapable of saying anything less than retarded.
Monsters_of_Rock
Recording Your Demo

thejuggernaut wrote:
Monsters_of_Rock wrote:
thejuggernaut wrote:
Wow.

He saw his quarterback getting smacked around all night and, down by 21 with 5 minutes left and lots of games left in the season, chose to fight another day and not risk the QB (who is still technically rehabbing) gettin injured again.

Also, with that game decided, why risk exposing any more plays to film when you still have plenty of games left ?

Nice job though, comparing the unbeaten Saints to the 7-9 2003 Bucs. I am sure Belichik was sitting on the sideline thinking to himself "well, the Colts came back against the Bucs in a game 6 years ago, so maybe we can"

You never cease to amaze with your ability to let your hatred render you incapable of saying anything less than retarded.
Everybody is entitled to an opinion, even you. If you choose not to recognize that Belicheat was being a sore loser, that's your choice. The fact of the matter is that he gave up when the outcome of the game had not yet been decided. There was a 99.9% chance that the Saints were going to win at that point in the game, but anybody with any amount of integrity will keep on giving their best effort for as long as there is even the slimmest hope of coming back.

PS - I got the quitting when you're getting beat in chess or checkers analogy from Steve Young. He made that comment on the postgame last night, so if you want to accuse somebody of letting "hatred render you incapable of saying anything less than retarded" you'll have to direct that towards Steve Young. He said it first, I merely agreed with it.
--Tom Brady
thejuggernaut
Headlining Clubs

Post by thejuggernaut »

Monsters_of_Rock wrote:
thejuggernaut wrote:He saw his quarterback getting smacked around all night and, down by 21 with 5 minutes left and lots of games left in the season, chose to fight another day and not risk the QB (who is still technically rehabbing) gettin injured again.

Everybody is entitled to an opinion, even you. If you choose not to recognize that Belicheat was being a sore loser, that's your choice. The fact of the matter is that he gave up when the outcome of the game had not yet been decided. There was a 99.9% chance that the Saints were going to win at that point in the game, but anybody with any amount of integrity will keep on giving their best effort for as long as there is even the slimmest hope of coming back.

PS - I got the quitting when you're getting beat in chess or checkers analogy from Steve Young. He made that comment on the postgame last night, so if you want to accuse somebody of letting "hatred render you incapable of saying anything less than retarded" you'll have to direct that towards Steve Young. He said it first, I merely agreed with it.
The outcome of the game was decided.

Per your Indy-TB example, over 2,500 games had been played since the last time a rally of that nature had happened. That's less than a 0.0004 percent chance of winning.

Anybody with any integrity would get his battered QB out of an unwinnable situation and live to fight another day instead of letting him, AT BEST, rack up garbage yards vs a prevent and risk throwing the season down the toilet.

P.S. Yes listen to Steve Young, the guy whose career came to an end because he didn't know when to get out of line of fire.

P.P.S. Still with the "Belicheat" garbage ? I don't know what's more pathetic; that people anywhere still use that, or that you're a middle aged man continuing to act like a teenager.

Come on MOR, keep the stupid coming. You seem to have an infinite supply.
Monsters_of_Rock
Recording Your Demo

thejuggernaut wrote:
Monsters_of_Rock wrote:
thejuggernaut wrote:He saw his quarterback getting smacked around all night and, down by 21 with 5 minutes left and lots of games left in the season, chose to fight another day and not risk the QB (who is still technically rehabbing) gettin injured again.

The outcome of the game was decided.

Per your Indy-TB example, over 2,500 games had been played since the last time a rally of that nature had happened. That's less than a 0.0004 percent chance of winning.

Anybody with any integrity would get his battered QB out of an unwinnable situation and live to fight another day instead of letting him, AT BEST, rack up garbage yards vs a prevent and risk throwing the season down the toilet.

P.S. Yes listen to Steve Young, the guy whose career came to an end because he didn't know when to get out of line of fire.

P.P.S. Still with the "Belicheat" garbage ? I don't know what's more pathetic; that people anywhere still use that, or that you're a middle aged man continuing to act like a teenager.

Come on MOR, keep the stupid coming. You seem to have an infinite supply.
Less than a 0.0004 percent chance is still a chance. The outcome of the game had not yet been decided.
--Tom Brady
thejuggernaut
Headlining Clubs

Post by thejuggernaut »

Monsters_of_Rock wrote:Less than a 0.0004 percent chance is still a chance. The outcome of the game had not yet been decided.
You really need to speak with a therapist.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

Monsters_of_Rock wrote:
I was surprised they threw in the towel so early, you'd think with 5 minutes they'd at least give a quick touchdown drive a shot.

Not kicking that field goal with 10 minutes or so left was a terrible decision. At that point an 11 point deficit looked pretty good to me. Bill has made some odd coaching decisions in the games I've seen this season, that's for sure.
thejuggernaut
Headlining Clubs

Post by thejuggernaut »

Monsters_of_Rock wrote:but anybody with any amount of integrity will keep on giving their best effort for as long as there is even the slimmest hope of coming back.
You're big on the whole so called integrity thing, aren't you ?
Monsters_of_Rock
Recording Your Demo

Crazy Levi wrote:
Monsters_of_Rock wrote:
I was surprised they threw in the towel so early, you'd think with 5 minutes they'd at least give a quick touchdown drive a shot.

Not kicking that field goal with 10 minutes or so left was a terrible decision. At that point an 11 point deficit looked pretty good to me. Bill has made some odd coaching decisions in the games I've seen this season, that's for sure.
Funny how Belicheat pulled his stars out of the game when down by 21 with five minutes left, when he has a history of leaving them in the game to run the score up when he's been up by 21 or more points with five minutes left. Double standard?
--Tom Brady