The association football 2009/10 thread...

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Hellsinkey
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Re: The association football 2009/10 thread...

Post by Hellsinkey »

MickeyG wrote:I've seen half an hour from Nani today and he's a completely different player than the one we've seen for the past 12 months.
I haven't seen the last games in full and was surprised when I saw some clips. If he continues like that, great.
MickeyG
Doing 20 Questions with Metal Sludge

Post by MickeyG »

Just heard Liverpool have made 2 new signings at the end of the transfer window, "Nikamoto" and "Robatelli". :lol:
jellyheadrobertson
Playing Frat Parties

Post by jellyheadrobertson »

MickeyG wrote:Just heard Liverpool have made 2 new signings at the end of the transfer window, "Nikamoto" and "Robatelli". :lol:
Took me a sec.. :)
MickeyG

Post by MickeyG »

Hull did the chasers a favour last night.

I doubt though that Arsenal will do much against Chelsea this weekend. And for the rest of the season I doubt United can put a sustained run together that could claim the championship. They rely too much on Rooney, and I don't have the confidence that Nani will keep his form. Rio and Vidic seem to be permanently missing and although Evans is a decent stand in for either of them, Wes Brown is shite.

I also have little confidence on either Spurs, Villa or City finishing 4th. Spurs like to drop points in games they dominate. Villa have just had a bad run in the league come to an end after beating Fulham, so they now need a good run to make sure last seasons failure at the end doesn't happen again. I was confident in City, but saw them get owned at Everton in midfield and I wonder about them for the rest of the season. They beat Pompy comfortably and have games in hand, but this is when the fun starts, Feb through to the end of the season.
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

MickeyG wrote:Hull did the chasers a favour last night.

I doubt though that Arsenal will do much against Chelsea this weekend. And for the rest of the season I doubt United can put a sustained run together that could claim the championship. They rely too much on Rooney, and I don't have the confidence that Nani will keep his form. Rio and Vidic seem to be permanently missing and although Evans is a decent stand in for either of them, Wes Brown is shite.

I also have little confidence on either Spurs, Villa or City finishing 4th. Spurs like to drop points in games they dominate. Villa have just had a bad run in the league come to an end after beating Fulham, so they now need a good run to make sure last seasons failure at the end doesn't happen again. I was confident in City, but saw them get owned at Everton in midfield and I wonder about them for the rest of the season. They beat Pompy comfortably and have games in hand, but this is when the fun starts, Feb through to the end of the season.
Although it pains me to say this, I would prefer Liverpool to make the top 4 more than City. City have the financial muslce to attract players, but if they qualify for the champions league their appeal will increase for potentially even better players. Certain players have turned city down due to them not being in the champions league, but if they qualify it could make them even more dangerous.
GrayAntiMatter wrote:EVH

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
Sammi_Curr
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Sammi_Curr »

Group I: Spain, Czech Republic, SCOTLAND Lithuania, Liechtenstein

Group H: Portugal, Denmark, Norway, Cyprus, Iceland

Group G: ENGLAND, Switzerland, Bulgaria, WALES, Montenegro

Group F: Croatia, Greece, Israel, Latvia, Georgia, Malta

Group E: Netherlands, Sweden, Finland, Hungary, Moldova, San Marino

Group D: France, Romania, Bosnia-Hercegovina, Belarus, Albania, Luxembourg

Group C: Italy, Serbia, NORTHERN IRELAND Slovenia, Estonia, Faroe Islands

Group B: Russia, Slovakia, REPUBLIC OF IRELAND, FYR Macedonia, Armenia, Andorra

Group A: Germany, Turkey, Austria, Belgium, Kazakhstan, Azerbaij
coatsy
Opening for Slaughter

Post by coatsy »

Sammi_Curr wrote:Group I: Spain, Czech Republic, SCOTLAND Lithuania, Liechtenstein

Group H: Portugal, Denmark, Norway, Cyprus, Iceland

Group G: ENGLAND, Switzerland, Bulgaria, WALES, Montenegro

Group F: Croatia, Greece, Israel, Latvia, Georgia, Malta

Group D: France, Romania, Bosnia-Hercegovina, Belarus, Albania, Luxembourg

Group C: Italy, Serbia, NORTHERN IRELAND Slovenia, Estonia, Faroe Islands

Group B: Russia, Slovakia, REPUBLIC OF IRELAND, FYR Macedonia, Armenia, Andorra

Group A: Germany, Turkey, Austria, Belgium, Kazakhstan, Azerbaij
good draw for scotland, should be looking for 2nd place .
MickeyG

Post by MickeyG »

Arsenal getting owned again. Wengers experiment with kids has failed. Fergie did in the 90's what Wenger has failed to pull off in the 2000's. Classic flat track bullies, good against shitty teams, shite when it matters.
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

MickeyG wrote:Arsenal getting owned again. Wengers experiment with kids has failed. Fergie did in the 90's what Wenger has failed to pull off in the 2000's. Classic flat track bullies, good against shitty teams, shite when it matters.
The lack of Van Persie is hurting for Arsenal. They need a target man at least in order to compete with top teams.

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
Hellsinkey

Post by Hellsinkey »

Sammi_Curr wrote:
Netherlands will win, Finland has a chance against Sweden and Hungary, if we don't drop points at home.
MickeyG

Post by MickeyG »

Surprised United won in the San Siro, and even more surprised they scored 3 goals. I only saw the last 10 mins. Poor second goal to concede.

Shitty City fucked it up again. I told ya'll, Liverpool will finish 4th.
coatsy
Opening for Slaughter

Post by coatsy »

MickeyG wrote:Surprised United won in the San Siro, and even more surprised they scored 3 goals. I only saw the last 10 mins. Poor second goal to concede.

united played well in the second half mickey, but believe me they got out of jail because of their first half performance. it was terrible, evans all over the place. milan were the better team in the first half but rooney stepped up to the plate, a fantastic player.
MickeyG

Post by MickeyG »

coatsy wrote:
MickeyG wrote:Surprised United won in the San Siro, and even more surprised they scored 3 goals. I only saw the last 10 mins. Poor second goal to concede.

united played well in the second half mickey, but believe me they got out of jail because of their first half performance. it was terrible, evans all over the place. milan were the better team in the first half but rooney stepped up to the plate, a fantastic player.
Pretty much everything I've read has said the same as you, United were lucky in the first half.

Arsenal lost.
coatsy
Opening for Slaughter

Post by coatsy »

MickeyG wrote:
coatsy wrote:

Pretty much everything I've read has said the same as you, United were lucky in the first half.

Arsenal lost.
wenger's going apeshit about porto's second goal, it was a quick free kick that caught them out. i remember arsenal doing the exact same at highbury against chelsea.
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

Losing 6 games is not title winning form.

Really need to update the squad.

Hellsinkey

Post by Hellsinkey »

pieceofme wrote:Losing 6 games is not title winning form.

Really need to update the squad.
Too late for that this season. Maybe there's a lesson for a cheap Scotsman.
MickeyG

Post by MickeyG »

I think he's had no choice. We won't hear it publicly, but I think he's been told no big spending, at least until this summer. So then he's probably decided there's no value in the market because of Madrid going mad last summer. And I expect them to go mad again as Barce once again look likely to win the league.

When I saw the team sheet yesterday, without Vidic and Rio I expected the defence to struggle. But the midfield was shocking. Valencia did ok, especially in the 1st half although his crossing was shite, but Carrick, Fletcher and Park were poor. I don't expect much from Fletcher except kicking ass but he didn't do that either. Park is a headless chicken. Waste of space. Carrick, a none entity yesterday. Berba and Rooney were decent for the first half hour, and then neither could trap a bag of cement for the rest of the game. Although supply to them was poor after the first half hour.
MickeyG

Post by MickeyG »

Good result for Shitty City today.
Hellsinkey

Post by Hellsinkey »

Good for them and ManU too. Maybe all the attention on that Terry cunt had some effect.
Rodderz
Buying Cool Stage Clothes

Post by Rodderz »

MickeyG wrote:Just heard Liverpool have made 2 new signings at the end of the transfer window, "Nikamoto" and "Robatelli". :lol:
hahahahahahahaha
Fuck Keith Richards,Fuck all those dudes that 'survived' the 60's, flying around on Learjets livin' up their gunslinger reputation........ You know what Lemmy's doing?? Probably drinking Jack n Coke while writing another record.
MickeyG

Post by MickeyG »

Did ya like that one, Rodderz? :lol:

It will be interesting to see Fergie's team today, will he play 5 in midfield or 2 up top? Who will play in defence?
MickeyG

Post by MickeyG »

First trophy in the bag at Old Trafford. Owen and Rooney the heroes.
Hellsinkey

Post by Hellsinkey »

I missed the first 20 minutes looking for it on Sopcast, Liverpool game was on almost every fuckin' channel. How was Owen's goal?
MickeyG

Post by MickeyG »

Didn't see any of it, Hellsinky. I didn't even look to see if it was on, I was out in my workshop making a table. I just kept coming in to check on the score.

Owen has done his hamstring, but at least he's got a medal for his time at United.
Sammi_Curr
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Sammi_Curr »

MickeyG

Post by MickeyG »

Shocking game at Wolves today, and United got lucky with the winner. Goals and performances like that win titles, but if Rooney misses much more United will be done.
Hellsinkey

Post by Hellsinkey »

Just one chance really, luckily it was Scholes' 100th. Wolves wasted a few great chances.
MickeyG

Post by MickeyG »

Carrick was hideous today. Nani back to his usual shitty self, but I wonder whether that is because he was on the left.

Berba did alright surprisingly, up front on his own. I'm not sure what type of player Gibson is. He can shoot, but I don't remember one shot from him outside the box today. He isn't a holding midfielder, he isn't a Fletcher type destroyer, he isn't a great passer, or creative type like Scholes. What does he bring to the team?
MickeyG

Post by MickeyG »

Liverpool slipped up today, poor result not beating Wigan. Will Rafa blame a pitch that Martinez himself has said is poor.
MickeyG

Post by MickeyG »

Shit on the Eyeties, shit on the Eyeties tonight!