The New (Spam Free) Never Ending Wrestling Thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Angry Jew
Appetite For Chinese Democracy
Location: Buffalo,NY (Lets go SABRES!)-Swinging on Axl's nuts waiting patiently for Chinese Democracy part 2

Re: The New (Spam Free) Never Ending Wrestling Thread

Post by Angry Jew »

PWTorch.com

- Multiple WWE sources are reporting that Vince McMahon has decided to go a different direction with the Bret Hart storyline and WrestleMania. Believe it or not, the plan as of this weekend was for Bret to win the WWE Title at WrestleMania.

The plan as of Sunday morning was to have either Batista or John Cena walk out of Elimination Chamber with the WWE Title, which obviously Batista won. This should lead to Bret Hart & John Cena vs. Vince McMahon & Batista at WrestleMania with the person who gets the winning pinfall will be new WWE Champion.

The angle has been described as something that would be a “feel-good title win” for Bret. A likely ending for the match would be for Bret to make Vince tapout with the Sharpshooter but that’s nothing confirmed.

Vince has gone back and forth on where they’re headed with Bret for WrestleMania a few times over the past month but as of this weekend, this was the plan.
Where's Izzy?
Garbageman
Trashsocioculturist
Location: This is gonna be one hell of a horse race, cuz I'm riding a cheetah!

Post by Garbageman »

Angry Jew wrote:TMZ reports that Jacqueline Beems, wife of Ric Flair, was arrested Sunday night after allegedly assaulting her husband.

Police were called to their home in Charlotte, North Carolina at about 11:40PM Sunday night. The police report says that Flair suffered minor injuries but declined medical treatment. Beems was taken into custody.

No weapons were used, according to reports.

The couple got married in 2009.
Let me guess, Flair watched the Elimination Chamber, said "I could do that," and his wife flew off the handle.

Pretty soon Flair will have as many divorces as world titles.
radiobed wrote:The bottom line is Sleek is so far from credible when discussing Poison and their impact.
"I had to work hard for my yacht. I even played with Don Dokken." Bobby Blotzer
Angry Jew
Location: Buffalo,NY (Lets go SABRES!)-Swinging on Axl's nuts waiting patiently for Chinese Democracy part 2

Post by Angry Jew »

The following is a message posted on the midwestambulance.com website:

ATTENTION: Please do not call 222-2222 regarding the condition of Bret "Hit Man" Hart. Contact the WWE for updates. Our number is for emergency calls only. Thank you
Where's Izzy?
LAglamrocker
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by LAglamrocker »

Wrestlemania? I thought the world was taking about Fat Joe vs AJ with grandpa Flair

this is shaping up to be one of the best Wrestemanias in recent memory

Y2j vs Edge hope it does headline
Batista vs Cena, if it not last Batista will win, to start the feud for a few months

Carrot Top will beat HHH
Shawn vs Taker, 2 years in a row not a fan of that...what if Shawn does win
Vince vs Bret...Bret "wins" but he came back to Vinces world, so Vince "wins"

Money in Bank..Vince loves Kofi

Orton vs Ted..to soon dout many will care
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
Monty610
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Monty610 »

Angry Jew wrote:The following is a message posted on the midwestambulance.com website:

ATTENTION: Please do not call 222-2222 regarding the condition of Bret "Hit Man" Hart. Contact the WWE for updates. Our number is for emergency calls only. Thank you
:lol:

Fucking marks...
Psychobolia.com wrote:...I can't wait to download and delete this new album.
ozzyrulz777
On Wings of Lead

Post by ozzyrulz777 »

Goddamn Undertaker is tough. He gets burnt and still wrestles a match. That is fucking hardcore.
Garbageman
Trashsocioculturist

Post by Garbageman »

Wendi Richter? Is Vince trying to apologize for the original screwjob this year too?
radiobed wrote:The bottom line is Sleek is so far from credible when discussing Poison and their impact.
Caustic Queen
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Caustic Queen »

I was on the merchandising page again...

I can't help but wonder why they haven't made a glow-in-the-dark ShameUs doll.. :?
ultraphobic71
Headlining Clubs

Post by ultraphobic71 »

The only thing I like about TNA is the push they giving D'Angelo Dinero.Once again,the WWE fucking drop the ball with a good talent.I was getting exicited about R-Truth getting a push until his fast exit at the PPV.BTW,why do I get the feeling that Rob Van Dam will come back to RAW next week with Cheech & Chong?
Garbageman
Trashsocioculturist

Post by Garbageman »

Is Raw in a state where medicinal marijuana is legal next week? I want to see Cheech & Chong offer some to Bret Hart.
Caustic Queen
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Caustic Queen »

Garbageman wrote:Is Raw in a state where medicinal marijuana is legal next week? I want to see Cheech & Chong offer some to Bret Hart.
Why do I foresee a LONG BORING DRAWN-OUT and STUPID as HELL segment with CM Punk?
Angry Jew

Post by Angry Jew »

NXT is actually a fun show. Bryan Danielson was great this week. I like the fact that they acknowledge he is an "Internet darling"
Where's Izzy?
Shinerrox
Buying Cool Stage Clothes

Post by Shinerrox »

Angry Jew wrote:NXT is actually a fun show. Bryan Danielson was great this week. I like the fact that they acknowledge he is an "Internet darling"
That blown spot by Danielson looked painful!! Anyone else see Danielson vs. Miz at Wrestlemania?
Angry Jew

Post by Angry Jew »

Shinerrox wrote:
Angry Jew wrote:NXT is actually a fun show. Bryan Danielson was great this week. I like the fact that they acknowledge he is an "Internet darling"
That blown spot by Danielson looked painful!! Anyone else see Danielson vs. Miz at Wrestlemania?
When Y2J put him into the announcers table? I bet HBK is really proud of Danielson. Michaels trained him in between 98 and his 02 comeback. I think HBK could have gotten him into WWE a long time ago but Bryan wanted to wrestle in ROH and gain experience all over the world.
I know he will not have 60 minute ,5 star matches like he did in ROH but there was nothing left for him to do on the Indys.

I see that match but not at Mania. I think ShowMiz will defend the straps.

David Otunga has a great personality.I can't really comment on his match cause it was like 30 seconds though he did blow the finisher.
Last edited by Angry Jew on Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Where's Izzy?
Caustic Queen
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Caustic Queen »

va_rocker wrote:
Caustic Queen wrote:
Garbageman wrote:Is Raw in a state where medicinal marijuana is legal next week? I want to see Cheech & Chong offer some to Bret Hart.
Why do I foresee a LONG BORING DRAWN-OUT and STUPID as HELL segment with CM Punk?
Maybe Punk will shave their heads! :lol:
Or maybe they will shave him!
Someone sure needs to... that hair sticking up out the back of his black tightie-whitie wanna be shorts is disgusting!
slash4pres
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by slash4pres »

Anyone know where I could watch NXT online at, or maybe just the Bryan Dnaielson parts?
Sabu
Taking Music Lessons

Post by Sabu »

I think they are really on to something with NXT. It actually seems like a show that is being geared towards the IWC which is probably not the worst idea in the world. If they're content in knowing they're not going to get RAW-type ratings with the Tuesday slot and are satisfied trying to pull in a couple million viewers a week, then give the mainstream crowd a break and go after the audience that will ALWAYS be there. It's actually a pretty damn smart move.

And I know it's only one night, but they definitely looked like they viewed Danielson as someone they are going to get strongly behind.
Monty610
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Monty610 »

Danielson and Otunga will be stars. The rest of those guys are chumps. I can see some entertaining stuff coming with CM Punk and the guy I'm calling "The Douchebag".

I also liked the Miz/Danielson stuff, but I didn't particularly like the show that much. Something was just...off.
Psychobolia.com wrote:...I can't wait to download and delete this new album.
Garbageman
Trashsocioculturist

Post by Garbageman »

Sabu wrote:And I know it's only one night, but they definitely looked like they viewed Danielson as someone they are going to get strongly behind.
For some reason watching NXT I was reminded of when Bobby Heenan started managing someone with what he described as "limited size and limited talent" who he was going to make a star in the WWF. That wrestler: the already established UWF star Terry Taylor, who was made over as the Red Rooster! We all know how that turned out.

I agree with the rest of what Sabu was saying, but I don't really have faith the greener folks on the show will pan out.
Angry Jew

Post by Angry Jew »

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/3513 ... -community
Michael Cole Versus The Online Wrestling Community
Jacob Burman

Correspondent Written on February 24, 2010
Michael_feature

If you watched WWE NXT (and you would have been a fool to miss it), you would have noticed that Michael Cole was bashing Daniel Bryan and his internet fans all night long. A whole lot of people have complained about it, saying it would have been ok if someone like Matt Striker would have said something like that (though Matt knows a whole lot about wrestlers from around the world, ala Mike Tenay, so actually it wouldn't have made sense) and that Cole should have been putting over Daniel Bryan throughout the show. However, what those fans do not know is the real reason behind this.

As we all should know, Cole is NOT over with the online wrestling community. How many times have we read an article bashing Cole and saying he does a horrible job at announcing? How he should go back to Smackdown and how his stupid sayings are just plain annoying. It shouldn't shock anyone that Cole is striking back against these fans and dissing their golden boy.

And that is what Bryan Danielson is. The golden boy for us online wrestling community fans. He's probably one of the most gifted wrestlers of our time and we want to see him skyrocket to the top in the WWE. I mean, since Danielson has been signed to WWE, the community hasn't stopped bashing WWE's decisions of how they used this guy.

First, he was sent down to FCW. The fans bashed WWE for this, though it was Danielson himself that decided he wanted to go down to Flordia and get back in shape after his impressive dark match with Chavo. When he had his name changed, the fans once again were outraged and mocked WWE for this decision, though Danielson doesn't really care about this change. And how can one forget about the uproar that us fans made when we saw The Miz of all people get named as the pro for Mr. Danielson. We took this as a slap to the face of Danielson and a way to show him he is nothing, though Miz is the most charismatic wrestlers and one of the most over heels at this present time while Danielson does need work on doing a promo by himself (which I will touch upon in my next article and I hope you all read it). Danielson, though, doesn't seem to mind any of this and is looking forward to working with the Miz.

Now what seems like Cole burying Daniel Bryan throughout the telecast seems like a mockery to the online wrestling community. But Cole is smart, he isn't as dumb as he looks. He knows how these fans hate him and he's going to use it to get himself over. And on Tuesday night, he did just that. He verbally slapped Daniel Bryan around and probably gave him a bigger lashing than what Miz or even Jericho gave him. He called him a nobody, that he hadn't heard of the guy until his name came up on NXT, and how wrestling in high school gyms is nothing like wrestling in sold out arenas. That pissed off the whole community of online wrestling fans.

As with everything else in the WWE, this is nothing more than a work, and a work that was perfectly played off. How do I know this is a work and not Cole just talking out of his ass? Easy thanks to the WWE Universe twitter account:

"Michael Cole has requested his @WWEUniverse profile be removed from our site, not wanting to associate with "online fans" any longer."

He's going to attack these fans and mock them after the years of abuse he had to suffer reading the tarnishing articles about himself. This is the perfect opportunity to get himself over. The online wrestling fans will feel they are attacking their boy while casual fans will think Cole has a point that Daniel Bryan has not paid his dues in the WWE and shouldn't be handed things.

If Cole continues to play this off not only on NXT, but on Raw, I feel this could do big things for his on air character. No longer will we have the "vintage" announcer, but an announcer with an axe to grind and one with an agenda. He'll have something to focus on and we can finally have the good versus evil announce team that we have been dying for. So I say bravo, Cole, bravo for your performance and hopefully to the future success you have in your announcing career. You found your nitch boy, so run with it, run with it and do not stop.
Where's Izzy?
LAglamrocker
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by LAglamrocker »

the guy Y2J faced, fucking sucks, no image, height or anything, seems like her should be selling tickets out in front...just send him to TNA, most of the other NXT guys are cool
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
silent_eyes
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by silent_eyes »

OUCH
Angry Jew

Post by Angry Jew »

LAglamrocker wrote:the guy Y2J faced, fucking sucks, no image, height or anything, seems like her should be selling tickets out in front...just send him to TNA, most of the other NXT guys are cool
Are you kidding? You need to watch wrestling other than TNA and WWE. Bryan Danielson is amazing. He even cut some decent promos in Ring Of Honor. When he came to the ring fans would chant at his opponents "YOU'RE GONNA GET YOUR FUCKING HEAD KICKED IN" Danielson was trained by HBK and he could have been in WWE years ago. Yes, I am aware that main-eventing ROH and main eventing Mania are two drastically different things but American Dragon has everything it takes to be a top guy in WWE. If HBK sticks around for a while, I bet AmDrag gets that push. Fuck the name "Daniel Bryan" to real fans he is American Dragon Bryan Danielson.He even wore his AmDrag Jacket last night.
Where's Izzy?
Caustic Queen
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Caustic Queen »

Wow.. great skills there Jericho..
silent_eyes
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by silent_eyes »

Caustic Queen wrote:Image

Wow.. great skills there Jericho..
I wonder if Jericho was supposed to catch him and sorta throw him across the table?

If so...

ozzyrulz777
On Wings of Lead

Post by ozzyrulz777 »

I really do like WWE NXT.
ultraphobic71
Headlining Clubs

Post by ultraphobic71 »

ozzyrulz777 wrote:I really do like WWE NXT.
Me too.But it's too early to tell if Vince wants to promte it properly or not.
slash4pres
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by slash4pres »

The pro is Jericho. I really hope the fact that he had a competitive match with the world champion in his very first match on WWE TV stops all the crying about not using him properly.
slash4pres
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by slash4pres »

Also,
slash4pres wrote:Anyone know where I could watch NXT online at, or maybe just the Bryan Danielson parts?
Angry Jew

Post by Angry Jew »

slash4pres wrote:Also,
slash4pres wrote:Anyone know where I could watch NXT online at, or maybe just the Bryan Danielson parts?
Yes,check your PM's.
Where's Izzy?