The official Olympic Hockey thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

ultraphobic71
Headlining Clubs

Re: The official Olympic Hockey thread

Post by ultraphobic71 »

Let me get this right,Canada won the most gold while the US won the most metals overall?Everyone should feel proud all around.Just one question:Where the fuck was Mexico at!

Oh yeah,one more thing:Canadian Beer SUCKS!
futonsrf
Headlining Clubs

Post by futonsrf »

LAglamrocker wrote:people in Canada think this is a great thing, good for them

in the USA hockey is maybe #7 in sports people care about, its barely on TV
You only care about sports you're "good" at. And the USA is good at hockey, you should care. They played great at the Olympics. You'd be shouting about it too if they won.
Cheers!

This post not approved by Crouchingstoneretc.

NeonKnite
Your Cock, My Mouth

Post by NeonKnite »

I'm an American, but I was rooting for Sid... he's our adopted son here in Pittsburgh.

Chriskon72
Playing Frat Parties

Post by Chriskon72 »

Guess it pays to live in Igloos, EH!!!!!!!!

What a fuckin' hockey game. Just amazing, I knew the US were for real after seeing their first game. They are a fuckin' good team and very young, look out 2014.

Cheers to them and congrats on the Silver (Silver is not chopped liver for fuck sakes, there was a lot of good teams in this tourney). It sucks that you have to lose to win the silver.

I swear to God I almost had a fuckin heart attack when Parise tied it up. I had serious chest pains when Crosby scored...jesus!

I'm so drained and hungover (didn't drink, well I had 3 beers). I'm getting too old for this shit.

Congrats to Vancouver for a kick ass Olympics!!!!!

14 gold medals that's fuckin' awsome!!! I'm always proud to be Canadian, Canada is the best Country in the world (even though I haven't lived there for over 10 years, now).

Today it just feels a little more special than usual.

I'm really, really proud of the show my Country put on. Ít's great to see the Canadian athletes have a little swagger to there walk, it is not cocky it is confidence. Canadians are always worried about being politically correct.

Fuck that!

If I find a baby seal I'm gonna bash the little fucker!!
We're just jerk-offs like everybody else!!
MurrayFiend
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by MurrayFiend »

That was a fun time... I shouldn't have drunk so much on an empty stomach, but I've recovered, so it's all good... very exciting time. The U.S. was a tough team, man. A tough team. So it wasn't pure domination but whatever.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Any chicks on this board like Sean Connery or Roger Moore?
SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

It was a great game and should help boost the popularity of the NHL. That last period was great. A lot of attacking and very physical with both teams getting good chances in front of the net. The game had some excellent goal tending too.

My one gripe - I don't like it when a sport has different rules for regular play and overtime play. The 4-on-4 overtime format changes the game from what is a traditional Canadian bang 'em up style of play in and around the net to a more up and down European finesse game. I would prefer them to go 5-on-5 for at least one overtime period before making any format changes. But at least hockey playoff games don't end in a shoot-out like soccer.
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

SkyDog112046 wrote:It was a great game and should help boost the popularity of the NHL. That last period was great. A lot of attacking and very physical with both teams getting good chances in front of the net. The game had some excellent goal tending too.

My one gripe - I don't like it when a sport has different rules for regular play and overtime play. The 4-on-4 overtime format changes the game from what is a traditional Canadian bang 'em up style of play in and around the net to a more up and down European finesse game. I would prefer them to go 5-on-5 for at least one overtime period before making any format changes. But at least hockey playoff games don't end in a shoot-out like soccer.
If yesterday's game would have gone into a shootout it would have been an absolute crime.
chungasrevenge
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by chungasrevenge »

Hockey drew NFL-like ratings on NBC Sunday.

The Canada/USA Olympic Men's Hockey Gold Medal game drew a 17.6 overnight rating on NBC Sunday afternoon, up 46% from the '02 Gold Medal game, which featured the same two teams.

Overnight ratings for the 2006 Gold Medal game were unavailable.

Sunday's game is on pace to finish as the highest rated hockey telecast in the United States since 1980.

To put the numbers in perspective, Sunday's game drew a higher overnight rating than every World Series game since 2004 (including every game of Yankees/Phillies last year), every NBA Finals telecast since 1998, and every NCAA Men's Basketball Final Four game since at least '98.

Excluding the NFL, the 17.6 overnight for the game is the second-highest of the year for any sporting event, behind only the Texas/Alabama BCS National Championship Game in January (18.2).
futonsrf
Headlining Clubs

Post by futonsrf »

chungasrevenge wrote:Hockey drew NFL-like ratings on NBC Sunday.

The Canada/USA Olympic Men's Hockey Gold Medal game drew a 17.6 overnight rating on NBC Sunday afternoon, up 46% from the '02 Gold Medal game, which featured the same two teams.

Sunday's game is on pace to finish as the highest rated hockey telecast in the United States since 1980.

To put the numbers in perspective, Sunday's game drew a higher overnight rating than every World Series game since 2004 (including every game of Yankees/Phillies last year), every NBA Finals telecast since 1998, and every NCAA Men's Basketball Final Four game since at least '98.

Excluding the NFL, the 17.6 overnight for the game is the second-highest of the year for any sporting event, behind only the Texas/Alabama BCS National Championship Game in January (18.2).
That is very cool, but I don't think ( though I hope it will) translate to the NHL. At least everyone who watched saw an actual hard hitting fast paced end to end hockey game.
Cheers!

UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by UtahRatt »

NeonKnite wrote:I'm an American, but I was rooting for Sid... he's our adopted son here in Pittsburgh.

Figures you was rooting for the biggest bitch in hockey.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
cc117
Winning Local Battle of the Bands

Post by cc117 »

futonsrf wrote:
chungasrevenge wrote:Hockey drew NFL-like ratings on NBC Sunday.

That is very cool, but I don't think ( though I hope it will) translate to the NHL. At least everyone who watched saw an actual hard hitting fast paced end to end hockey game.
It won't translate to the NHL because most of the games are on regional cable.
Heenan Snuka
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by Heenan Snuka »

Royal Dudeness wrote:
Amen!

What a god damn game. I headed downtown right after the game to join the mayhem on Robson. Vancouver has never ever been like this, and the only thing that would top it is if the Canucks won the cup. I couldn't stop yelling "SID THE KID" on Robson. What a time to be alive. I already have Olympics withdrawal. Back to fucking work tomorrow. GO CANADA AND CANUCKS GO

has there been a spike in sexual activity?

people fucking in the streets and bars and shit? or what?

how bout u? have u been getting more pussy the last couple weeks?
Stoner wrote:
...we stopped at a restaurant to eat and I was wearing a Sludge shirt. Someone came up and asked me if I read the messageboard - I touched cloth for a split second and then said the shirt was my husband's and just looked at them retardedly.
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

Heenan Snuka wrote:
Royal Dudeness wrote:
Amen!

What a god damn game. I headed downtown right after the game to join the mayhem on Robson. Vancouver has never ever been like this, and the only thing that would top it is if the Canucks won the cup. I couldn't stop yelling "SID THE KID" on Robson. What a time to be alive. I already have Olympics withdrawal. Back to fucking work tomorrow. GO CANADA AND CANUCKS GO

they had to fly in more free condoms. i'm not kidding. it was fuckfest here.
Tenacious_Dio
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Tenacious_Dio »

cc117 wrote:It won't translate to the NHL because most of the games are on regional cable.
Once you take the "USA" off the jersey, most people will stop caring.
futonsrf
Headlining Clubs

Post by futonsrf »

Tenacious_Dio wrote:
cc117 wrote:It won't translate to the NHL because most of the games are on regional cable.
Once you take the "USA" off the jersey, most people will stop caring.
It seems they barely care then unfortunately. Team USA is pretty good at the junior level and the World Juniors is huge up here yet makes not a ripple in the USA.
Cheers!

johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

LAglamrocker wrote:Canada won the gold in overtime, over an unranked USA team,good job

thats like if the 1992 Mens Basketball Dream Team would have the gold in overtime

you "won" but its a failure overall

people in Canada think a win over USA in hockey means anything to the USA, is funny
It means something and you know it. You wanted this or you wouldn't have watched it. You can be proud of the US effort without shitting on Canada's party. Congrats to our friends from the North.
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

Kid-Wicked wrote:
Heenan Snuka wrote:
Royal Dudeness wrote:
Amen!

they had to fly in more free condoms. i'm not kidding. it was fuckfest here.
I just read the city of Vancouver lost a BILLION dollars US on these games. It'll be a long time before you see a north American city bid on these games again.
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

I just read the city of Vancouver lost a BILLION dollars US on these games. It'll be a long time before you see a north American city bid on these games again
how the fuck can you tell how much was lost 2 days after they ended? and the cripple olympics still to come too.

they spent close to a billion. that was the budget.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/canadi ... laoAH_uoow
Supersonic
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by Supersonic »

johnk5150 wrote: I just read the city of Vancouver lost a BILLION dollars US on these games. It'll be a long time before you see a north American city bid on these games again.
I just read in The Province that the Games will leave an estimated CAD400,000 profit. 4 times as much as Calgary. Not saying what you read is wrong but I think the media are pissing in the wind at the moment on this issue.
Chriskon72
Playing Frat Parties

Post by Chriskon72 »

Kid-Wicked wrote:
I just read the city of Vancouver lost a BILLION dollars US on these games. It'll be a long time before you see a north American city bid on these games again
how the fuck can you tell how much was lost 2 days after they ended? and the cripple olympics still to come too.

they spent close to a billion. that was the budget.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/canadi ... laoAH_uoow
:D I fuckin spit coffee all over my desk over that one...Jesus christ!
We're just jerk-offs like everybody else!!
KillDevilHill
Headlining Clubs

Post by KillDevilHill »

Im trying to get canadian sledge hockey tickets and make a trip adn hit up the zip line
Mr Yellow Discipline wrote:Somebody please post more videos of girls getting set on fire.
JRA wrote: I did like how they took the piss out of readers. Fuck books and fuck them.
Anne_Thrax
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by Anne_Thrax »

Somebody stole all of Crosby's gear after the game. I saw that on CNN today lol. Stole everything but his mouthpiece. I'm sure he had a big long cry over that one
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

Anne_Thrax wrote:Somebody stole all of Crosby's gear after the game. I saw that on CNN today lol. Stole everything but his mouthpiece. I'm sure he had a big long cry over that one
lol....someone took his gloves and stick that he scored the winner with. he threw them in the air after he scored. look for them on ebay.