The New (Spam Free) Never Ending Wrestling Thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Leppardmania
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Re: The New (Spam Free) Never Ending Wrestling Thread

Post by Leppardmania »

Does anyone around here think there is a chance in hell that Michael's is put over by Taker and ends the streak?

RambOWNED!!!
Leppardmania

Post by Leppardmania »

TNA's Thursday's night replay of Impact also scored a 1.0 rating......same as Monday's rating.

RambOWNED!!!
Drunken_Little_Elf
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by Drunken_Little_Elf »

va_rocker wrote:
Leppardmania wrote:Does anyone around here think there is a chance in hell that Michael's is put over by Taker and ends the streak?
I'll say no for two reasons. If the rumors are true isn't Michael's supposed to retire after WM? And secondly, he retired Ric Flair/quote]

:lol: :lol: :lol: Not to pull a "Mummy" but nope!!!
Tommy2Tone84 wrote:I know I'm dumb.
LAglamrocker
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by LAglamrocker »

Wrestlemania this year seems to be quite strong. Should be one of the best in recent memory.

I dont like the idea of doing the head shaving thing so soon again, eventhough it will be fun. Straight Edge Society is a grandslam of entertainment.

Taker vs Shawn was special once, two years in a row loses some of its appeal.

it will be interesting how high on the card HHH Sheamus is

no Hollywood angle,Divia, or music act this year..more time for another 2 matches

Warrior Hall Of Fame..seems to be a go, hes in the intro now!!
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
Artemis2085
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by Artemis2085 »

Ultimate Warrior a 'no-go' for WWE HOF
3-15-10

Plans for this year's WWE Hall Of Fame to be based around the Ultimate Warrior have failed. According to sources, WWE were attempting to rebuild their relationship with Warrior and had even offered a 'Legends'
contract, which would no doubt guarntee him some future WWE appearnces and cash further down the line.

Merchandising deals with Warrior's own company, Ultimate Creations, were also being disucssed and everything was ready for lift off, hence WWE adding Warrior to their montage at the last possible minute last week.

However, word has surfaced over the weekend that Warrior has given WWE a notice that he will not be appearing at the event solely due to the 'No Compete' clause in said Legends contract. WWE Legends
contracts are worth $5,000 up front and, an HOF induction, WrestleMania appearence, and an HOF ring.

WWE agreed to pay Warrior considerably more without hesitation and made the decision to base the whole ceremony around him and give him a major, marquee appearence during WrestleMania. After agreeing to everything, Warrior has pulled...well, a Warrior, and backed out it seems.

Warrior insists that WWE remove the 'No compete' clause from the deal and he'll show up. WWE flat refuse up to this point. Further speculation is that they will not back down and Stu Hart/Ted Dibiase will be 2010's
headliners, while next year's event will be a WCW tribute affair.
Professional Hater
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Potato cakes.
Aesop wrote: I tire of pussies that refuse to speak their mind, defend this great nation, or seek employment.
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

that is sad!

makes me wonder what he would have done at Wrestlemania? HHH talked about getting runover in his first Wrestlemania, i was there when Warrior came back and beat him in 45 seconds or so. Wrestlemania HHH beatimg Sheamus, Warrior music hits, runs to the ring, 3 closelines,Warrior splash, Celtic Warrior wins!

starts a HHH vs Warrior feud...leading up to Summerslam in LA with a win over HHH for the belt!
Monty610
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Monty610 »

LAglamrocker wrote:that is sad!

makes me wonder what he would have done at Wrestlemania? HHH talked about getting runover in his first Wrestlemania, i was there when Warrior came back and beat him in 45 seconds or so. Wrestlemania HHH beatimg Sheamus, Warrior music hits, runs to the ring, 3 closelines,Warrior splash, Celtic Warrior wins!

starts a HHH vs Warrior feud...leading up to Summerslam in LA with a win over HHH for the belt!
You know, I KNEW there was something to HHH all of a sudden referencing his jobbing to Warrior at 'Mania. I KNEW it. Part of the fucking last minute sell.

Too bad. I wish Helwig would have taken the deal. $5,000 is a lame payoff though. I know it says they were gonna pay him more but it's no wonder some of the chumps they've put in the HOF are in there if all it takes to sell them is 5 freaking grand.

Now, on to tonight, WHAT THE FUCK is up with all the juice in TNA all of a sudden?

I know the answer, but I'm just quizzing the class...
Psychobolia.com wrote:...I can't wait to download and delete this new album.
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

Monty610 wrote:Now, on to tonight, WHAT THE FUCK is up with all the juice in TNA all of a sudden?

because they can.

vince can't.

and stone cold is on raw.
silent_eyes
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by silent_eyes »

Have mercy... I think Batista flat-out KILLED Kofi Kingston.
Angry Jew
Appetite For Chinese Democracy
Location: Buffalo,NY (Lets go SABRES!)-Swinging on Axl's nuts waiting patiently for Chinese Democracy part 2

Post by Angry Jew »

Fuck WWE. Remove the fucking no-compete clause and let us see Warrior again. His speech would be off the charts! I don't care if he never had Dave Meltzer five star matches,anyone who grew up on 80's/90's WWF loved the Warrior though the smart marks won't admit it now.
Where's Izzy?
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

you really cant blame Vince, why give Warrior or anyone world hype and then have them use that to go to another promotion the next day

he learned his lesson with Hall and Nash

Vince's world agree with it or not, he gave the Warrior hometown Hall Of Fame, Wrestlemania and other deals, just dont work for anyone else...

at least Dixie Dumbass will thank you personally on twitter for watching Impact tonight, must be at least 4 others getting a personal thank you
Garbageman
Trashsocioculturist
Location: This is gonna be one hell of a horse race, cuz I'm riding a cheetah!

Post by Garbageman »

Angry Jew wrote:Fuck WWE. Remove the fucking no-compete clause and let us see Warrior again. His speech would be off the charts! I don't care if he never had Dave Meltzer five star matches,anyone who grew up on 80's/90's WWF loved the Warrior though the smart marks won't admit it now.
I hated him in Texas as Dingo Warrior and really hated him in the WWF with his nonsensical promos. After his horrid 20 minute debut promo in WCW a dozen years ago, anyone who would hand him a live televised spot is a damn fool!
radiobed wrote:The bottom line is Sleek is so far from credible when discussing Poison and their impact.
"I had to work hard for my yacht. I even played with Don Dokken." Bobby Blotzer
Artemis2085
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by Artemis2085 »

For once, I'm with Vince. You offer the guy a nice amount of cash, a spot on the biggest PPV of the year, more exposure and TV time, and Warrior can say he don't care but he should because WWE has to pay him for his likeness.

Warrior screwed Warrior. For the fourth time.

And Trashy, Dingo Warrior was really over here in Texas toward the end of his career. If you go onto YouTube he starred in the old (great) Westway Ford commercials which was a major, major deal here back then.

Of course it happened in my hometown, but WCCW was doing a show in Waco's Convention Center. Supposedly Vince sent Jay Strongbow down to Waco (spot shot) to check Dingo out. Jay liked what he saw, talked his way backstage, and Warrior quit World Class just like that in Waco for WWF...
Professional Hater
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Potato cakes.
Aesop wrote: I tire of pussies that refuse to speak their mind, defend this great nation, or seek employment.
Monty610
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Monty610 »

Kid-Wicked wrote:
Monty610 wrote:Now, on to tonight, WHAT THE FUCK is up with all the juice in TNA all of a sudden?

because they can.

vince can't.
This obviously. But is THAT what wrestling fans have been clamoring for? Buckets of blood? I used to love watching Flair get the crimson mask when I was young, now it really disturbs me. And to a lesser degree with Hogan. And Flair blading just to cut (no pun intended) a promo is fucking ridiculous. I wanted to change the channel right then. I didn't, but I wanted to :lol:
ozzyrulz777
On Wings of Lead

Post by ozzyrulz777 »

Again another week and still no mention of what happened to Samoa Joe.
Garbageman
Trashsocioculturist

Post by Garbageman »

Monty610 wrote:This obviously. But is THAT what wrestling fans have been clamoring for? Buckets of blood? I used to love watching Flair get the crimson mask when I was young, now it really disturbs me. And to a lesser degree with Hogan. And Flair blading just to cut (no pun intended) a promo is fucking ridiculous. I wanted to change the channel right then. I didn't, but I wanted to :lol:
Do people miss occasional blood? Sure... if it's there for a good reason.

I said before Hogan is bleeding to distract he can hardly move. Flair has to bleed to make Hogan look stronger, even though his mobility is questionable.

And like I said previously, seeing those old guys bleeding that much on a big screen LCD has got to be disturbing for a lot of the audience.
radiobed wrote:The bottom line is Sleek is so far from credible when discussing Poison and their impact.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Angry Jew wrote:Fuck WWE. Remove the fucking no-compete clause and let us see Warrior again. His speech would be off the charts! I don't care if he never had Dave Meltzer five star matches,anyone who grew up on 80's/90's WWF loved the Warrior though the smart marks won't admit it now.
OMGOMGOMG I TOTALLY AGREE! THE WWE NEEDS MORE LOUD MOUTH RETARDED MEN IN TIGHTS!
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
Sinderella

Post by Sinderella »

I had TNA taped for this morning when I got off work. I start the DVR with Flair doing his promo, I go into my kitchen, come out, and BAM CRIMSION MASK!!!! WTF Ric?? I started laughing, the look on AJ's face was priceless. I also agree that it bothers me to see Ric all bloody for some reason. That and he was spraying blood all over Jeff while talking to him. I was really pulling for TNA to be good compition for WWE, but Im just not seeing it.

Post by LAglamrocker »

Dumbass Dixie tweets!

"Although its classic David v Goliath, 1 stone will not bring down our giant, its a different day. It'll take time & commitment, we have both"

really you have "time" your WWE castoff Hardy is going to do some serious time, Flair will have a heart attack in the ring.

"commitment" last thursday Impact got a what record low in the Hogan era 1.18
1st week of the "war" 0.94

now 0.84, you think you have "commitment" from Spike? yea sure you do
amazing how you can drop 10% per week, when the number in front of the decimal point is a zero

NXT was good again!!
Subhuman Yeti
Headlining Clubs

Post by Subhuman Yeti »

TNA -
Hire Heyman
Give Bischoff much less screen time

WWE -
Fire Stephanie
Convince Vince he shouldn't be one of the main events at Wrestlemania -- again!

Let Flair and Angle bleed buckets if they want -- just have it make a lot more sense and get much less screen time!!

Just keep Hogan off camera.
"Afraid that the people might ask for a little more than the shit they get..."
Royal Dudeness
Headlining Clubs

Post by Royal Dudeness »

The current era of TNA has ZERO chance of competing with WWE. Heyman is the only guy that can turn that company around. It's been said a thousand times, but Bischoff really came up with only one good idea, the NWO. Besides that, he just used Ted Turner's money to buy up a bunch of other WWE or ECW stars before it all went to hell. Hogan and Bischoff have no vision it seems. Abyss is fucking pathetic right now. Flair is a complete joke. Sting is wasting his time. And as for Hogan, I'm somewhat convinced McMahon is paying him to ruin TNA for good. The booking is that bad
Caustic Queen
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Caustic Queen »

Royal Dudeness wrote:The current era of TNA has ZERO chance of competing with WWE.
Like a lot of women, I love my "soap opera"... yes.. that is what the whole "Wrestling" thing is for me.. I just prefer my soap opera to have hot bodies in tight clothes flexing and flying around.. :D

A lot of daytime dramas have come and gone over the years... they simply couldn't compete with the "provens" such as General Hospital and Days of Our Lives.. their story lines were not up to par, and they couldn't hold viewers interests.

For me, TNA is like watching Reruns of FAILED soap operas. The storylines are just not up to par... ZERO originality and characters that have already be disgarded from WWE.
It just ain't gonna make it.
znuff_fan
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by znuff_fan »

So how long is it before the WWE gets to release the DVD set "The Rise and Fall of TNA"? Within 5 years?
ozzyrulz777
On Wings of Lead

Post by ozzyrulz777 »

I am still fucking wondering what they are doing with Samoa Joe.
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

there going to dress Samoa Joe up as Pete Rose, call him a "guest host" TNA Mankind comes to the ring with Hulk's Hall Of Fame ring tombstones Samoa Rose, then shaves his head
Monty610
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Monty610 »

znuff_fan wrote:So how long is it before the WWE gets to release the DVD set "The Rise and Fall of TNA"? Within 5 years?
This...
silent_eyes
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by silent_eyes »

They've made Samoa Joe and Christopher Daniels look like two big jokes, when those two should be at the top of the company. What kind of sick, warped, ignorant fool uses that type of logic?

This man:

Garbageman
Trashsocioculturist

Post by Garbageman »

It's funny the WWE are the ones having a pay per view titled "Over The Limit" when TNA should be using that title.

Jeff Hardy's over the legal limit.

Samoa Joe's over the weight limit.

And Hogan, Flair, Nash, Sting, Hall, etc. are over the age limit.
Subhuman Yeti
Headlining Clubs

Post by Subhuman Yeti »

but Bischoff really came up with only one good idea, the NWO.

Which he totally shamelessly stole from NJPW -- while they were still doing it -- and of course doing it much better than Bitchcough ever could or would.

* STAPLE *

MUTA + Chono > Hogan, Nash, Hall, Bitchcough and Waltman the Total Waste of Space

Back then ... and today ... way more entertaining!

I've been watching a few wrestler shoots I've been collecting lately... anyone have any favorites?

Last Call with Raven & Sandman (and New Jack, Terry Funk, Mustafa and others) in a bar was nothing great, kinda funny, hard to follow, but horrible drunken Q&A.

RF Shoot Vol 2 with Lance Storm was ok, the guy... like his characters... except as an Impact Player in ECW... is rather boring in a shoot format.

Ox Baker.... meh.

RF Shoot Behind Closed Doors with Raven Vol 1 & 2... I only watched 10 mins of Vol 1 yesterday before i had to split out and do shit, I'll finish it this weekend.

Going to get the RF Shawn Michaels shoot next...
At least he won't be completely wasted and will probably be able to answer some questions.
Getting some RVD SHoot mp3s as well.
"Afraid that the people might ask for a little more than the shit they get..."
bigbuttskinner
Headlining Clubs

Post by bigbuttskinner »

Any truth to Randy Savage being on RAW this week?
michelish wrote: VH album will be dropping first half of 2019. Album has been completed for a few months. They've been recording on and off since just after last tour.Finalizing title and artwork.
Nitrorulz wrote: I predict “The Dirt” will do double that.
referring to Queen movie