The New (Spam Free) Never Ending Wrestling Thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

ozzyrulz777
On Wings of Lead

Re: The New (Spam Free) Never Ending Wrestling Thread

Post by ozzyrulz777 »

REY SHOULD NOT HAVE WON!
canadianhavoc
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by canadianhavoc »

I think I'm about to give up on WWE. When they waste valuable tv time with a segment involving Jon Lovitz,Santino Marella, and a fan removing his glass eye.....
Monty610
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Monty610 »

canadianhavoc wrote:I think I'm about to give up on WWE. When they waste valuable tv time with a segment involving Jon Lovitz,Santino Marella, and a fan removing his glass eye.....
Next week is Ashton Kutcher. YAY...2 hours of "WWE Punk'd".

:roll:

The whole guest host thing has been very lame with the exception of Bob Barker, William Shatner, and Stone Cold...
Psychobolia.com wrote:...I can't wait to download and delete this new album.
Drunken_Little_Elf
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by Drunken_Little_Elf »

Monty610 wrote: The whole guest host thing has been very lame with the exception of Bob Barker, William Shatner, and Stone Cold...
Don't forget Ted Dibiase Sr. and Jesse Ventura...
Tommy2Tone84 wrote:I know I'm dumb.
Monty610
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Monty610 »

Drunken_Little_Elf wrote:
Monty610 wrote: The whole guest host thing has been very lame with the exception of Bob Barker, William Shatner, and Stone Cold...
Don't forget Ted Dibiase Sr. and Jesse Ventura...
Yep...did forget them. Jesse was particularly good, making Vince wear a tux and do commentary...
Monty610
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Monty610 »

NXT was great again last night (well...at least the Danielson/Cole/Miz stuff was great). Looked like he really nailed Miz...
Caustic Queen
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Caustic Queen »

Monty610 wrote:NXT was great again last night (well...at least the Danielson/Cole/Miz stuff was great). Looked like he really nailed Miz...
The look on the Miz's face, that of total disbelief that not every thinks he's the world's greatest, was priceless. Then he got clocked to the floor.

I'm disappointed in the show overall.
We're left with The C List and the Big Dummy.
There'll be a huge push for whichever one they chose, then in a year or so they will be the next Mike Knox.
(no, I don't think they are giving this to Gabriel.)

The best thing, I've discovered how much talent Florida Championship Wrestling has. Gonna look up some live shows for when VA_Rocker comes for a visit. Should be good.
Angry Jew
Appetite For Chinese Democracy
Location: Buffalo,NY (Lets go SABRES!)-Swinging on Axl's nuts waiting patiently for Chinese Democracy part 2

Post by Angry Jew »

I went to another Smackdown taping last night, this time in Cleveland:

Here are some quick spoilers:

:D

:)

:(

Superstars: Cody Rhodes pins JTG in a good ten minute plus match. Cody has his new "uncommon man" gimmick going on.

SMACKDOWN starts with Teddy Long coming ot the ring to announce two qualifying matched for Fatal Four Way, He says Big Show has qualified due to his DQ win over Jack Swagger at Over The Limit. Tonight it will be CM Punk (who Teddy reminds us is BALD!) vs. Kane and the return of THE UNDATAKAH (yes that is how Teddy usually says it) VS. Rey Mysterio.

Teddy is interrupted by Drew McIntyre. Drew tells Teddy to make him IC champ again. Teddy refuses and says wait til Matt Hardy gets his hands on you. Drew has yet another letter from Vince and this time Matt Hardy is "suspended without pay til further notice" Hardy runs down and goes after Drew but is restrained by security.

Out comes Drew's tag partner Jack Swagger and we have a tag match VS. Kofi/Show. Show's team wins after Show KO's Drew for the pin.

CM Punk backstage promo with Sereena and Luke. Punk is covered with a towel and decides he will go out tonight and face Kane.
Hawkins/Archer shown backstage with Vickie and they "will make an IMPACT!" Vickie welcomes Dolph who helped her last week with Christian and Hornswaggle. Vickie hits on Dolph and makes a match with Dolph/Chavo vs. Hornswaggle and Christian for later tonight.

Punk comes out, takes off the towel and has on a cool mask! Punk botches the 1st Go To Sleep and the second one looked bad as well so I don't know what will air. Punk wins with Go To Sleep which he hit after Gallows punched Kane.

Ziggler/Chavo lose to Hornswaggle/Christian after Christian hits the unprettier. After the match Dolph destroys Christian.

Laycool promo backstage-"99 Problems but Beth ain't one"

Gallows pins MVP with help from the masked SES member

Taker pins Rey in a good match complete with a standard TAKER IS BACK ring entrance. Taker wins via tombstone.

DARK Match
This wasn't really a match but Swagger runs down to beat up a helpless Rey, who is saved by..........................JTG?!!! R-Truth ,MVP and Christian all come out one by one and take turns beating up Swagger. 3 man -BALLING on Swagger ,well 2 at first and then Christian did his version. Matt Hardy comes out to a big pop, and Swagger is beat up once again to send the crowd home happy.

Last edited by Angry Jew on Thu May 27, 2010 10:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
Where's Izzy?
ozzyrulz777
On Wings of Lead

Post by ozzyrulz777 »

I am excited for Smackdown.
Atomicpunk18

Post by Atomicpunk18 »

Why is Swagger a champion if they continue to make him look like a joke? He wins only via DQ versus Big Show and at the "Extreme" (I use the term loosely) Rules, his match versus Orton was a joke. He gets pummeled through the entire match until Randy botches the RKO.

I don't get why Jack is a champion if they're not even treating him like one. He's still practically a jobber who was jobbing to Santino prior to the Rumble. I don't get it.
LAglamrocker
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by LAglamrocker »

I laughed outloud at the Straight Edge mask, good stuff

Lay-Cool interview was pretty damn funny!

Vince might have raped Smackdown, but I like the way its going
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
Lardbucket

Post by Lardbucket »

LAglamrocker wrote:I laughed outloud at the Straight Edge mask, good stuff

Lay-Cool interview was pretty damn funny!

Vince might have raped Smackdown, but I like the way its going
Sometimes the lack of "star power" can be a good thing.
Punk keeps me interested, McIntyre has potential, Swagger has been slightly more interesting than I thought he would be, I always like Christian's work (although I wish he wasn't being saddled with Hornswoggle), and Layla makes good things happen to my groin!
A proud Steve Jones nutswinger since 1977.
ozzyrulz777
On Wings of Lead

Post by ozzyrulz777 »

I like the mask CM Punk is wearing.
Monty610
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Monty610 »

Hornswaggle needs to go. He's long past the expiration date on goofy gimmicks. I was fast forwarding through TNA last night and saw that little midget on there and thought to myself "YES, Hornswaggle has left the WWE". No such luck. Dif't little person.

PLEASE GOD...get rid of Hornswaggle...
Angry Jew
Location: Buffalo,NY (Lets go SABRES!)-Swinging on Axl's nuts waiting patiently for Chinese Democracy part 2

Post by Angry Jew »

Monty610 wrote:Hornswaggle needs to go. He's long past the expiration date on goofy gimmicks. I was fast forwarding through TNA last night and saw that little midget on there and thought to myself "YES, Hornswaggle has left the WWE". No such luck. Dif't little person.

I don't care about him but he appeals to the a key target audience of WWE, that being kids. People (not you ) need to realize that the attitude era is long gone and PG WWE is here to stay. We still have Ring Of Honor though and TNA if people want mainstream ,somewhat violent matches.
Where's Izzy?
silent_eyes
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by silent_eyes »

Angry Jew wrote:
Monty610 wrote:Hornswaggle needs to go. He's long past the expiration date on goofy gimmicks. I was fast forwarding through TNA last night and saw that little midget on there and thought to myself "YES, Hornswaggle has left the WWE". No such luck. Dif't little person.

I don't care about him but he appeals to the a key target audience of WWE, that being kids. People (not you ) need to realize that the attitude era is long gone and PG WWE is here to stay. We still have Ring Of Honor though and TNA if people want mainstream ,somewhat violent matches.
Hate to say it, since I don't like the character either... but at the last house show I went to, Hornswaggle got a reaction that rivaled that of Triple H and John Cena. So yeah, I agree, he's not going anywhere.
Monty610
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Monty610 »

Caustic Queen has to be loving that Miz-owning (and Michael Cole as well) that Bryan Danielson just dished out.

That shit was awesome...
Caustic Queen
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Caustic Queen »

Monty610 wrote:Caustic Queen has to be loving that Miz-owning (and Michael Cole as well) that Bryan Danielson just dished out.

That shit was awesome...
LOL.. got me pegged there.

The "Miz" character is like that arrogant bastard you knew in high school that teased and made fun of everyone and beat up on the nerds, geeks, etc.
The best day of the year was when the new kid in school stood up to him and kicked his ass in good.

WWE is using his character correctly now and I love it.
Monty610
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Monty610 »

Caustic Queen wrote:
Monty610 wrote:Caustic Queen has to be loving that Miz-owning (and Michael Cole as well) that Bryan Danielson just dished out.

That shit was awesome...
LOL.. got me pegged there.

The "Miz" character is like that arrogant bastard you knew in high school that teased and made fun of everyone and beat up on the nerds, geeks, etc.
The best day of the year was when the new kid in school stood up to him and kicked his ass in good.

WWE is using his character correctly now and I love it.
Yeah...he reminds me of the "Johnny" character in Karate Kid.
Monty610
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Monty610 »

Okay...so NXT is going to continue with a whole new cast next week.

WTF is with them changing Joe Hennig's name to "Michael McGillicutty"? But yet they still admit he's "Mr. Perfect's son". And Rotundo's son is being called "Husky Harris". Why? Cody, Dibiase, and Orton all got to keep their real last names (well, their Dad's stage names).
ozzyrulz777
On Wings of Lead

Post by ozzyrulz777 »

Low-Ki is gonna get screwed like Daniel Bryan got screwed.
Caustic Queen
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Caustic Queen »

Monty610 wrote:Okay...so NXT is going to continue with a whole new cast next week.

WTF is with them changing Joe Hennig's name to "Michael McGillicutty"? But yet they still admit he's "Mr. Perfect's son". And Rotundo's son is being called "Husky Harris". Why? Cody, Dibiase, and Orton all got to keep their real last names (well, their Dad's stage names).
Was discussing this yesterday with a friend.
Husky Harris used to go by Bo Rotundo while his brother went by Duke. (yeah, combined they were Bo Duke)
Pretty cheesey.
But Husky Harris? LOL.. that's BAD.

I am surprised they aren't capitolizing on Hennig's name.
Maybe they don't want another "Cody Rhodes" on their hands?
ozzyrulz777
On Wings of Lead

Post by ozzyrulz777 »

That is what I was thinking. Cody Rhodes is terrible.
Monty610
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Monty610 »

ozzyrulz777 wrote:That is what I was thinking. Cody Rhodes is terrible.
He's gonna be Husky Harris's pro on NXT...
Angry Jew

Post by Angry Jew »

I know that most people watching don't know who Lo-Ki is but I still find it funny that he is being "mentored by two diva search girls in LayCool. How long til either Dibiase, Rotunda or Hennig snap and demand to use their real names like Bryan Danielson?
Where's Izzy?
Monty610
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Monty610 »

Angry Jew wrote:I know that most people watching don't know who Lo-Ki is but I still find it funny that he is being "mentored by two diva search girls in LayCool. How long til either Dibiase, Rotunda or Hennig snap and demand to use their real names like Bryan Danielson?
The wierd part about Dibiase is they already used him in an angle with The Legacy under his real name just last year.

But WWE has never been big on continuity...
ozzyrulz777
On Wings of Lead

Post by ozzyrulz777 »

Yeah this season may very well suck.
Caustic Queen
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Caustic Queen »

Ok.. let's have a good old fashion "Who Killed JR" storyline on Smackdown.
:lol:

So, who's turning heel?
Was it Mysterio?
Or..
Was it Big Show?
Was it Thwagger?
Sue Ellen?
A new character that's going to get a big intro by beating up Kane a couple of times?
Angry Jew

Post by Angry Jew »

Rey won't turn heel. he makes too much money for WWE with his merch. WWE will probably forget all about this storyline depending on how long Taker is out.
Where's Izzy?
Angry Jew

Post by Angry Jew »

DOWN2WHISKEY wrote:
Angry Jew wrote:Rey won't turn heel. he makes too much money for WWE with his merch. WWE will probably forget all about this storyline depending on how long Taker is out.
What happened to Taker? Injury?
He got hurt at his "comeback" show in Cleveland. I was there live and didn't know he was so hurt from his match with Rey that night.

Undertaker suffered a broken orbital bone, a broken nose and a concussion in his match last Tuesday against Rey Mysterio, which aired on Friday’s episode of SmackDown.

It is believed Undertaker suffered injury while taking the seated senton move by Mysterio during the match.

He has been recommended to take time off due to the injury, which would take him past the Fatal 4-Way event. It’s being said that it’s a 50/50 chance as to whether he would be able to wrestle on the show.

Due to the lack of depth on the SmackDown brand, Rey Mysterio has been called back to action to fill Undertaker’s scheduled position on live events and television. He was set to take time off from the road for a scheduled vacation. No decision has been made regarding the World Heavyweight Championship bout at Fatal 4-Way, but logic would have Mysterio as the replacement if Undertaker can’t wrestle.
Where's Izzy?