***OFFICIAL*** 2010 FIFA WORLD CUP thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

MickeyG
Doing 20 Questions with Metal Sludge

Re: ***OFFICIAL*** 2010 FIFA WORLD CUP thread

Post by MickeyG »

Another win for Chile. The South Americans really are the best teams in this World Cup.
Supersonic
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by Supersonic »

MickeyG wrote:Another win for Chile. The South Americans really are the best teams in this World Cup.
It does seem that way at the moment but there is still a long way to go. I'll be interested to see what happens when say Germany or Holland play one of the in form South American teams. I think Spain and Portugal will still do well.

Taking England out of the equation (which they seem to be doing so already), a Brazil vs Argentina final would be a brilliant outcome.
demolition23
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by demolition23 »

MickeyG wrote:
demolition23 wrote:Oh, and...

Capello: 6 million quid for two draws and one goal.
Herbert: 25 thousand quid for two draws and two goals.

Great post I saw on a news forum.

"David didn't slay Goliath..... but he kicked him in the nuts and ran away laughing."
Yeah, but New Zealand probably wouldn't have qualified out of England's qualification group.
Oh, not a prayer... Agreed there. Our route to the finals was piss easy and it is just as well we're putting in an alright showing to juustify our presence.

Of course, doing better than two draws and a single goal should have been easy for England too.
Moggio wrote:You see, the problem with you is that you act like I have no credibility or something.
PhoenixFlames wrote:AVATAR made 2.7 billion which (maths) is close to 3 x million millions!!!!!!
johnk5150
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by johnk5150 »

Yahoosports is reporting the ref who worked USA's last game has been shitcanned.
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
Lofty
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Lofty »

johnk5150 wrote:Yahoosports is reporting the ref who worked USA's last game has been shitcanned.
Yeah I heard that the US had a goal disqualified that should have stood to them

Au revoir France :lol:
CANCER IS A MOTHERFUCKER......BUT I'M GONNA MAKE IT MY BITCH......''CANCER......GET TO THE KITCHEN....AND MAKE ME A PIE''
el_nino
Picking a Band Name

Post by el_nino »

Managed to catch the second half of the france game, woeful.

Looking forward to the Argentina game tonight, they've played well so far. Spain were poor last night but got the win in the end.

I think England will draw with Slovenia and go out. The Septics will definitely beat Algeria and I don't think we'll win. Just no confidence there.
MickeyG

Post by MickeyG »

That miss from Yakubu today I think was the worst in the history of football. Shocking.
WhiteHouseSubsAC
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by WhiteHouseSubsAC »

MickeyG wrote:That miss from Yakubu today I think was the worst in the history of football. Shocking.
That was pretty fucking terrible. He's going to wake up from dreams about that for a LONG time.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Of course your asshole is going to be sore when you volunteer for an asspounding and not set any boundaries at all.
Rageman
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Rageman »

MickeyG wrote:
demolition23 wrote:Oh, and...

Capello: 6 million quid for two draws and one goal.
Herbert: 25 thousand quid for two draws and two goals.

Great post I saw on a news forum.

"David didn't slay Goliath..... but he kicked him in the nuts and ran away laughing."
Yeah, but New Zealand probably wouldn't have qualified out of England's qualification group.
Yeah, but it's not like England had a difficult group. Hell, England didn't have a difficult group for Euro '08 qualification, but lo and behold, home they sat during the tournament. Over payed, over hyped and over confident.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Supersonic
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by Supersonic »

It has been announced that England will be playing in all red strip, with the media making it sound like they're summoning the spirit of 66. :roll: Clutching at straws if you ask me.

By rights, they should win the game but Slovenia will see it as their own WC final - will be a tough game.
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

Supersonic wrote:It has been announced that England will be playing in all red strip, with the media making it sound like they're summoning the spirit of 66. :roll: Clutching at straws if you ask me.

By rights, they should win the game but Slovenia will see it as their own WC final - will be a tough game.
why will it be tough? england sucks ass.
Hellsinkey

Post by Hellsinkey »

Supersonic wrote:It has been announced that England will be playing in all red strip, with the media making it sound like they're summoning the spirit of 66. :roll: Clutching at straws if you ask me.
If they don't qualify, it'll make them look like a bunch of dicks even more. Roy Hodgson is delaying his Liverpool contract, if Capello gets fired.
MickeyG

Post by MickeyG »

Wow, dramatic finish in the US game. England and the US scrape through.
Hellsinkey

Post by Hellsinkey »

Good for Usa, they left it late. However if England plays like that, they won't last beyond the next game.
Supersonic
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by Supersonic »

Kid-Wicked wrote:

why will it be tough? england sucks ass.
You kinda answered your own question there. They have been sucking a lot of ass.

Congrats to England & USA on getting through to the next stage.
jellyheadrobertson
Playing Frat Parties

Post by jellyheadrobertson »

Well England were better today, but that's not saying much. Rooney must be injured because, he is not playing his game at all. Why do they keep playing the high ball in when they have a midget up front??? Serbia or Germany will be a challenge.
SLASH1976
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by SLASH1976 »

jellyheadrobertson wrote:Well England were better today, but that's not saying much. Rooney must be injured because, he is not playing his game at all. Why do they keep playing the high ball in when they have a midget up front??? Serbia or Germany will be a challenge.
he's playing the wrong position
He should play the spot he plays at Man. United. He's much more dangerous that way. Now he's gotta pick up balls from midfield sometimes to get it.

What happened to the Germany from the first match ? or was Australia really that bad ? Ghana could have easily won tonight.

USA has a decent chance to get to the quarter finals. Ghana can be done.
SAVE THE EARTH IT'S THE ONLY PLANET WITH BEER

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy & paste him into your
(")_(") sig to help him gain world domination

Hellsinkey

Post by Hellsinkey »

Yes, Usa has a chance. However England vs. Germany... :lol: England has lost many times with better line ups and after better performances. Interesting how British press will react.
Ugmo
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by Ugmo »

SLASH1976 wrote:USA has a decent chance to get to the quarter finals. Ghana can be done.
Not only that, but the winner of USA vs. Ghana faces the winner of Uruguay vs. South Korea. The USA actually has a realistic chance of facing Argentina in the semis.
mullet_head
Headlining Clubs

Post by mullet_head »

You know, I'm happy the yanks went trough.

Even with Americans don't giving a shit about football, stolen goals and shit, they really are a decent team, and have showed heart and a great amount of resolve. Gotta respect that.

I hope they defeat Ghana, and I think they will.
MickeyG

Post by MickeyG »

Italy on the verge of elimination! France out, EyeTies next. Who'd a thunk it.
Sammi_Curr
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Sammi_Curr »

Good bye Italy!
Hellsinkey

Post by Hellsinkey »

Pretty good for that Slovakian player, first touch in World Cup and sinks Italy.
MickeyG

Post by MickeyG »

From F365.com.
The Iron Eagles triumphed over Al-Geria Wednesday as USA stormed to first place in World Cup Pool C.

Al-Geria, part of the Axis Of Evil, was bested by a goal from star midfield lineman Michael Landon, also known for his portrayal of Pa in Little House On The Prairie.

The war-torn Australian dictatorship was left in shock and awe by the full-court press of the US offense, the hard-running style of the Eagles' cornerbacks and the successful demolition of their locker-room communal bath with a smart bomb (aimed at Intelligence HQ Building / hospital).

The victory sets up a round of 16 match-up with Ghana, a failed state in the jungles of the Balkans. No information was available Thursday about the country or its soccerball players.

In the other Pool C tie, Englandland - still hurting after its 1-1 loss to USA - scored a narrow win over Slovakia, a small ski resort in Europe where the preferred mode of transport is the bicycle (small unmotorized automobile).

However, despite struggling to the win over a team made up of unemployed pig-iron smelters, mercenaries and former Eurovision Song Contest* hopefuls, state-owned media in London was reporting that England is now favorite to lift the Jules Rimet Cup.

The Sun newspaper, a mouthpiece of the Tory-Murdoch ruling cabal, declared: "Bring on the Krauts - we're going all the way".

In the streets of economically depressed London, Nigels and Cockneys alike celebrated long into the night at the team's victory, desperate for some good news on a day when the bankrupt country's finance ministry imposed even higher taxes on staple goods and lines formed across the capital for cheap alcoholic cider and iPhones.

* A pan-European version of American Idol, in which former Soviet states block-vote in favor of music so bad it was outlawed by the UN (the disbanded former international body).
mullet_head
Headlining Clubs

Post by mullet_head »

:lol:
Supersonic
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by Supersonic »

Some stylish freekicks from Japan. So much for the ball being shit.
Bidokan
Playing in a Garage

Post by Bidokan »

mullet_head wrote:You know, I'm happy the yanks went trough.

Even with Americans don't giving a shit about football, stolen goals and shit, they really are a decent team, and have showed heart and a great amount of resolve. Gotta respect that.

I hope they defeat Ghana, and I think they will.

It's funny you mention that, I was thinking the same today, North Americans claim to hate football (soccer), boring, stupid, etc. but here is the fucking rage with the hicks, they know every position, every rule, make all sorts of bets even with other teams, know who the stars from other countries are, shit, I like football and don't know half the names.

I called a friend in Denver, another in San Francisco, another in Utah, and they tell me the same thing, crackers are soccer crazy,

Other than that, I hope Argentina obliterates Mejicu.

I'm going to a friends house this Sunday, wearing my Messi shirt, ready to stir some shit in a room full of Tecates, so if you see in the Sunday evening news some guy killed by beaners in a house party, it was probably me.
mullet_head
Headlining Clubs

Post by mullet_head »

Bidokan wrote: I called a friend in Denver, another in San Francisco, another in Utah
You know Utahratt??
Bidokan wrote: Other than that, I hope Argentina obliterates Mejicu.
I hope Argentina wins the Cup.
MickeyG

Post by MickeyG »

Ugmo wrote: Not only that, but the winner of USA vs. Ghana faces the winner of Uruguay vs. South Korea. The USA actually has a realistic chance of facing Argentina in the semis.
Aren't the Argies in the other half of the draw? I think it's more likely you'd face either Holland, and if the tables stay the same, Brazil or Spain. Either one of those and you're out just like England would be out if they get to Argentina, which they won't as the Krauts will fluke or cheat a win.

Or out play us. They've done that before, too. :lol:
Bidokan
Playing in a Garage

Post by Bidokan »

Bidokan wrote: Other than that, I hope Argentina obliterates Mejicu.
I hope Argentina wins the Cup.[/quote]

Ohh me too, but I want them to humiliate Mexico, not just beat them.