**OFFICIAL Association Football 2010/2011 Season thread**

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Sammi_Curr
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Re: **OFFICIAL Association Football 2010/2011 Season thread*

Post by Sammi_Curr »

MickeyG
Doing 20 Questions with Metal Sludge

Post by MickeyG »

Hellsinkey wrote:Ferguson is thinking of dropping Rooney against Everton because he'll get shit. :roll: He should be used to it already. Won't be an easy game probably anyway.
Rooney's made his own bed and so should be forced to lie in it. Fergie might play 5 in midfield after last years debacle at Goodison, I just hope if he does he doesn't play Berbaflop as the lone striker.
Sleazyjack
Recording Your Demo

Post by Sleazyjack »

Sleazyjack wrote:houllier and that long nosed cunt Thompson!!

thats us fucked then!!
Thank fuck no Thompson, thats something at least!

we need to get stable and start playing some football and get a steady team now

Allbrighton scored for the 21's , he is looking very promising
Hellsinkey
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Hellsinkey »

Really fucking depressing to lose a two goal lead in a minute in injury time. :x That said, Everton were on top for most of the game and ManU scored from few chances.
MickeyG

Post by MickeyG »

Fucking blew it again away from home. Fucking defence, and missed chances when 3-1 up. No title this year.

Resign, Ferguson!! :evil: :D
SLASH1976
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by SLASH1976 »

Barcelona - Hercules 0-2
:shock:
SAVE THE EARTH IT'S THE ONLY PLANET WITH BEER

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy & paste him into your
(")_(") sig to help him gain world domination

FullDJacket
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by FullDJacket »

I was flipping through a 10/11 season guide and man, Bolton has some worst name in the league. Danny Shittu, Ching-Yong Lee and a guy named Bashem.
Luke 16:10 "and he that is unjust in the least, is unjust also in much"
Hellsinkey

Post by Hellsinkey »

A draw again would have been a shame. 8) Berbatov was great, this was more like when he was at Tottenham. He's been ManU's best so far this season. His second will be a contender for goal of the season.
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

Hellsinkey wrote:A draw again would have been a shame. 8) Berbatov was great, this was more like when he was at Tottenham. He's been ManU's best so far this season. His second will be a contender for goal of the season.
Hmmm not really. He was actually better today. About bloody time! 8)

Great result - but still concerned with losing a lead so easily.
GrayAntiMatter wrote:EVH

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
MickeyG

Post by MickeyG »

Very poor from Evans, O'Shite and Fletcher must take some blame for the free kick. Liverpool offered nothing except what United gave them. Defence needs some major work on the training field.
Hellsinkey

Post by Hellsinkey »

MickeyG wrote:Very poor from Evans, O'Shite and Fletcher must take some blame for the free kick.
If Fletcher had just stood there it would have just hit him. He thought he was clever and Van Der Sar saw it coming.
MickeyG

Post by MickeyG »

What a midweek of Carling Cup action. Chelsea, City, Liverpool, Everton and Spurs all out.
Hellsinkey

Post by Hellsinkey »

Owen scored twice, didn't see the game if Bebe was any good. How long for Woy? Cup games are always fun.
MickeyG

Post by MickeyG »

Unless Liverpool are fighting relegation, I don't see Woy getting the bullet. Some of his tactics seem dodgy though.
Hellsinkey

Post by Hellsinkey »

Chelsea doesn't look as impressive against the better teams now. Good that they dropped points, though it was for Citeh.
MickeyG

Post by MickeyG »

Good day all round for United really, they must take advantage tomorrow or it will have all been for nothing.
jellyheadrobertson
Playing Frat Parties

Post by jellyheadrobertson »

MickeyG wrote:Unless Liverpool are fighting relegation, I don't see Woy getting the bullet. Some of his tactics seem dodgy though.
I knew this season would be tough but not like this. So far mid table at best. Liverpool have been out played in every match this season. Roy needs time. He walked into a shambles.

At the top it should be very interesting. Results today showed it can be anybody's.
MickeyG

Post by MickeyG »

Another poor away performance from United. Yes, still unbeaten. But the defence is shite. Evans has been shocking this season. O'Shea, is still shite. Fletcher seems to like moving in front of shots, instead of just blocking them.

Chance missed, 3 away games, no wins.
Hellsinkey

Post by Hellsinkey »

What a missed opportunity, this will come to haunt later in the season. I can't believe how poor the midfield is, Scholes and Giggs are too old to continuous inspiration and if it wasn't for Nani, there would be nothing. And Fletcher should stay away from own box. :roll:
Hellsinkey

Post by Hellsinkey »

Wesley Sneijder has been mentioning recently his interest in joining ManU. He hasn't signed a new contract or interested in returning to Madrid. He would be really needed at this point, I hope it would happen.
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

Hellsinkey wrote:Wesley Sneijder has been mentioning recently his interest in joining ManU. He hasn't signed a new contract or interested in returning to Madrid. He would be really needed at this point, I hope it would happen.
Please let this be true.

Great player and the creativity we need from midfield cause Scholes isn't going to last forever. Plus he's only 26 I think so got plenty of time. Heard he has a bit of attitude though.
GrayAntiMatter wrote:EVH

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
MickeyG

Post by MickeyG »

We really need Rio back and get shut of O'Shite at right back. Fletchers early season form is poor too, I wish either Carrick, Anderson or Hargreaves were fully fit/on form etc.
FullDJacket
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by FullDJacket »

Hellsinkey wrote:Wesley Sneijder has been mentioning recently his interest in joining ManU. He hasn't signed a new contract or interested in returning to Madrid. He would be really needed at this point, I hope it would happen.
The only reason would be the paycheck or a potential feud with the manager. Why would he leave a club where he has the chance to defend a historic treble?
Luke 16:10 "and he that is unjust in the least, is unjust also in much"
Hellsinkey

Post by Hellsinkey »

FullDJacket wrote:
The only reason would be the paycheck or a potential feud with the manager. Why would he leave a club where he has the chance to defend a historic treble?
He might not be be too keen on Benitez, after Mourinho it's a downgrade. Or it's about money and ambition. I hope it would happen in the winter.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story ... 52&cc=5739

"Inter Milan playmaker Wesley Sneijder admits he would be tempted by the prospect of a move to Manchester United at some point in his career.

The Ajax academy graduate has flourished into one of Europe's finest.

Sneijder, who helped Inter secure the Treble last season, was linked with a move to Old Trafford during Netherlands' World Cup campaign before pledging his future to the Nerazzurri.

But his position at San Siro has been called into question once again after talks over a new contract collapsed. While Sneijder has ruled out a return to former club Real Madrid, he does appear more open to a move to United.

"If somebody asks me if I will ever play for Manchester United, it's impossible for me to say no," Sneijder told the Daily Star Sunday. "How can you say that if the chance came you would not play for one of the biggest clubs in the world?

"I don't think there is any player in the world who could publicly rule out ever playing for Manchester United, and if they did I would doubt they were telling the truth.

"The Premier League, in terms of top clubs, is the strongest in the world, and it would be nice to finish my career saying I have played at the very top in Spain, Italy, and England.

"'There is not many who can say they have done that, and if that does happen for me I would only want it to be with Manchester United."
MickeyG

Post by MickeyG »

Maybe he feels he's won everything at Inter and now wants a fresh challenge. Once you've won it all somewhere, the pressures of doing it again can be too much.
Hellsinkey

Post by Hellsinkey »

The defense was solid for a change, Ferdinand was even good. Ferguson should play those two kids in front, there might be future. Nice pass from Macheda to Hernandez. Midfield was poor again though.
MickeyG

Post by MickeyG »

To be fair, Carrick Park and Anderson have been out for a while, while Fletcher has been shite all season. Park is still shite, and a waste of space. Carrick's shielding of the back four is important even if the rest of his game is poor. Rafael at right back is far better than O'Shite, even his defensive work was better than it has been previously. Ferdinand slotted back in nicely, and after the way Evans has been playing, we need him back regularly.

Nani, is fast becoming United's best attacking player. Like a typical winger he's inconsistent, but seems to be involved in all United's best attacks, and from what I saw yesterday his back tracking was excellent. I just hope he stops the play acting, oh, and hope he doesn't get injured because they'd be fucked if he did.
Hellsinkey

Post by Hellsinkey »

Yeah, Nani's been very good, but the team is too reliant on him and everything's coming from the right.
Hellsinkey

Post by Hellsinkey »

Poor game. Again no service from midfield and few chances. Sunderland could have won with luck and better finishing.
MickeyG

Post by MickeyG »

Sunderland were easily the best team. Amazing United are still unbeaten this season, despite being shite. The midfield, just like in midweek allowed the opposition to dominate. But Ferguson still thinks Fletcher is good enough. At least getting Rio back, and putting Rafael in seems to have helped the defence, which has looked solid the last 2 games, but has had no help from the midfield.

Poor decision to start with Owen and Macheda too.