NFC east

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Crazy Levi
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

NFC east

Post by Crazy Levi »

So the giants had a lackluster win over a shitty team I gather- didn't see mch of it. Anyone?

Redskins looked good tonight. Mcnabb was excellent, though the numbers won't show it. Lots of dropped passes including two consecutive in the end zone. As a skins fan I'm thrilled - but shit they need another receiver. And they need to get rid of haynesworth asap. Didn't make a play all night, a fat distraction.

As a skins fan I love Philly losing today. Not only did they lose, but they got a full blown QB Controversy in Philly now. Gotta love it. 
Al-Bone
Playing Frat Parties

Re: NFC east

Post by Al-Bone »

HOLDING: OFFENSE...GAME OVER...COWGIRLS LOSE!!!
UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by UtahRatt »

Hey COWBOYS fans? HOW DID YOU LIKE THAT? LOUZZZZZZZZZERSSSSSSSS!
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
bane
Threesome with Pam and Donna

Post by bane »

Washington's defense looked really good. The offense, not so much. I thought McNabb played pretty well though. The Cowboys look like they may be in for a long year.
Fordtruckman
Buying Cool Stage Clothes

Post by Fordtruckman »

Cowboys will still win the division :P
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

bane wrote:Washington's defense looked really good. The offense, not so much. I thought McNabb played pretty well though. The Cowboys look like they may be in for a long year.
The Dallas defense played very well. They were not the reason for losing the game.
That fumble by choice to end the half(on a play that should have never happened in the first place) was the difference, as well as the final play of the game.
That RT needs to be cut and now.
I hope his holding ass did not have a seat on the plane ride home. He's a holding penalty waiting to happen.

The season is not over.
bane

Post by bane »

I never said the season was over based on one game. I do think that all the hype about Dallas being in the mix is just that, hype. They do have a good defense, but I don't think they have much else. Dallas just isn't very good IMO. They're at best, mediocre. They do have the luxury of playing in a pretty mediocre division though, so it is what it is. Nobody in that division is getting anywhere close to the Superbowl IMO.
Fordtruckman

Post by Fordtruckman »

we got a triple threat on running backs and Witten, Romo and Austin are just as good at their spots as anybody else

only problem is the offensive line,that is where it hurts
Tenacious_Dio
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Tenacious_Dio »

Fordtruckman wrote: only problem is the offensive line
Big problem to have.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

Fordtruckman wrote:we got a triple threat on running backs and Witten, Romo and Austin are just as good at their spots as anybody else

How stupid are you?

No team with a shitty o-line is going anywhere. And it appears the cowboys are now the proud owners of the worst line in the division.

It's gonna be a long year for Dallas.
Fordtruckman

Post by Fordtruckman »

Crazy Levi wrote:
Fordtruckman wrote:we got a triple threat on running backs and Witten, Romo and Austin are just as good at their spots as anybody else

How stupid are you?

No team with a shitty o-line is going anywhere. And it appears the cowboys are now the proud owners of the worst line in the division.

It's gonna be a long year for Dallas.

which is worse? you being a fucking liberal,or a fucking Redskins fan? :lol: :lol:

enjoy your 1 win of the season :lol:
WTF
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by WTF »

Crazy Levi wrote:
Redskins looked good tonight. Mcnabb was excellent, though the numbers won't show it. Lots of dropped passes including two consecutive in the end zone.  
I definitely wouldn't say McNabb looked excellent. He threw a ton of shitty passes. The two consecutive into the end zone I wouldn't call drops as much as good defense. And I was wondering why, instead of trying to beat the defender to the corner, why McNabb didn't short throw the ball and cause the defender to run into the receiver who would be altering his route?
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Tenacious_Dio wrote:
Big problem to have.
2 starters were out w/injuries. If any NFL team has 2 starting OL out, that line is going to be taken advantage of.

Hopefully Columbo and Kosier can return next week.
The fucking RT played like crap. He had more penalties then anybody else on the line, including the holding call(more like a fucking choke hold) on the final play of the game.
bane

Post by bane »

Dallas had bigger problems than just their o line. That's a significant problem, but their coaching isn't anything to write home about either. They looked flat and they made a bunch of stupid mistakes. Looked like the same team I saw in preseason to me.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

bane wrote:Dallas had bigger problems than just their o line. That's a significant problem, but their coaching isn't anything to write home about either. They looked flat and they made a bunch of stupid mistakes. Looked like the same team I saw in preseason to me.
:lol: :lol:

comparing how a team plays in the pre-season to week 1 of the regular season
:lol: :lol:
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

What's so hilarious about that?

Cowboys looked shitty in the preseason, and looked shitty yesterday.

Sounds like a reasonable comparison.
Tenacious_Dio
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Tenacious_Dio »

Machado wrote:
Tenacious_Dio wrote:
Big problem to have.
2 starters were out w/injuries. If any NFL team has 2 starting OL out, that line is going to be taken advantage of.

Hopefully Columbo and Kosier can return next week.
The fucking RT played like crap. He had more penalties then anybody else on the line, including the holding call(more like a fucking choke hold) on the final play of the game.
That's fine. I didn't even watch the game. I'm just pointing out that saying "our only problem is the offensive line" is pretty stupid.
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

Kolb may be worse than i thought, and i thought he was going to suck.
bane

Post by bane »

Crazy Levi wrote:What's so hilarious about that?

Cowboys looked shitty in the preseason, and looked shitty yesterday.

Sounds like a reasonable comparison.
Exactly. Cowboy apologists said all preseason "they're saving it for when it counts." Guess what, yesterday counted. What exactly were they saving up? A half back pass in the red zone that didn't work? They looked like the same unprepared and lackluster team yesterday as they looked all preseason.
John Simon Ritchie

Post by John Simon Ritchie »

Crazy Levi wrote:As a skins fan I love Philly losing today. Not only did they lose, but they got a full blown QB Controversy in Philly now. Gotta love it. 

Not that I give a shit, I hardly care for The Beagles at all these days, but concerning next week and the QB position in general...

"If Kolb is healthy, said Reid, he will start. There is no quarterback controversy, so it isn't worth the effort to try to stir it up. Kolb is the quarterback and the Eagles will grow with him."

But who knows with that assclown. Reid's a fat douchebag with no clock management skills...he's one of the reasons I threw in the towel following 'em as a diehard fan.
"I was looking for that great jazz note that destroyed the walls of Jericho." - The Clash, The Sound Of Sinners
Tymaster

Post by Tymaster »

Nothing is official until Greg watches the film.
LouDoo wrote:Neon has to be the most active poster who actually contributes the least, despite all the threads he starts. He has no redeeming value. He's completely useless.
WhiteHouseSubsAC
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by WhiteHouseSubsAC »

Fordtruckman wrote:Cowboys will still win the division :P
Boy it must KILL you to root for all the negros on the Cowboys. Or maybe the Cowboys aren't THOSE kind of negros.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Of course your asshole is going to be sore when you volunteer for an asspounding and not set any boundaries at all.
El Metalico
Headlining Clubs

Post by El Metalico »

The GOOD on the Dallas Cowboys:
* Tony had some good numbers and zero interceptions.
* Miles Austin. Showing why he got a good extension deal.
* Dez Bryant. It wasn't his fault those lame ass side throws on the first half. After that he made some very good catches.
* Felix Jones. He made the most of the holes in front of him. The combination with Marion Barber worked good.
* DeMarcus Ware. Still a good pass-rusher. He made Donovan taste the grass once more. Had to leave with a neck injury but says he will be fine.
* Jason Witten. Good as always.
* Secondary line. Might be a bad day for Donovan, but no worries on the long passing situations.
* Wade Phillips' defense: Just 6 points from Eagles offense.

The BAD on the Dallas Cowboys:
* Jason Garrett' play callin': Again, clueless on what to do on pressure situations.
* Buehler field goals: Uh-oh... again with kicker problems.
* Alex Barron: Really, what was Jerry and Wade thinking when they signed this guy? Please hurry back, Colombo!
* Roy Williams: This guy should REALLY try to make plays. Please.
* Wade Phillips and his coaching staff: Not that will happen, but Wade should try to grow a pair in this season and behave like the HEAD COACH he's supposed to be. "Jason called that play" Say what?! You're the fucking head coach and if you don't agree DON'T LET IT HAPPEN!
* The remaining schedule: Ough. If by week 3, against the Texans on the road, they don't show signs of improvement, Jerry should leave the keys at the doors of the Cowboys Stadium for whomever will have a better opportunity to play the Super Bowl :?
K.K.VanMalmsteen
Headlining Clubs

Post by K.K.VanMalmsteen »

Crazy Levi wrote:So the giants had a lackluster win over a shitty team I gather- didn't see mch of it. Anyone?

Nice job by the Giants D picking Moore off 3 times and holding D-Lo and Stewart to about 80 yards combined. I dont put much stock in it, Moore is horrible and Jimmy Claussen will probably get the job sooner than later.

On O Hicks had a breakout game and looks like he could be the second coming of Plaxico ( minus the gunshot wounds ) With Hicks, Smith, and Manningham the Giants have a nice receiving core. When they're not dropping the ball. I would say Giants reveivers dropped at least 6 balls that hit them in the hands...Eli looked pretty good at times throwing the ball down the field, but still floats a few by throwing off his back foot, forced a few, 3 picks, etc...Basically same 'ol Eli.

Overall I thought they looked pretty good for the first game of the year but the O-line needs to gel with some guys having switched positions. I'm not sure I saw anything that would make me think they are more than a 9-7 team, 10-6 at best.
eddie lee roth wrote:If you want to hold hands and sing Kumbaya before we blow each other you've come to the wrong place motherfucker.
MetalSludgeCEO wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:25 am Ready, Set, Anal.
$tEvil
K.K.VanMalmsteen
Headlining Clubs

Post by K.K.VanMalmsteen »

Also want to add that Bradshaw lost another fumble and Jacobs is still running like a 250 lb vagina. The worst thing they ever did was give him that huge contract......The running game has a long way to go.
eddie lee roth wrote:If you want to hold hands and sing Kumbaya before we blow each other you've come to the wrong place motherfucker.
MetalSludgeCEO wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:25 am Ready, Set, Anal.
$tEvil
Tenacious_Dio
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Tenacious_Dio »

K.K.VanMalmsteen wrote:Nice job by the Giants D picking Moore off 3 times and holding D-Lo and Stewart to about 80 yards combined. I dont put much stock in it, Moore is horrible and Jimmy Claussen will probably get the job sooner than later.
Moore lobbed three passes into triple coverage and looked like the second coming of Jake Delhomme. And the Panthers completely abandoned the run once they got down by 8. Of course, the only reason Carolina was even in the game was because of special teams. And even that blew up in their face eventually. So are the Giants that good or are the Panthers that bad? Probably a little of both. :|