how many of you have season tickets?

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Fordtruckman
Buying Cool Stage Clothes

how many of you have season tickets?

Post by Fordtruckman »

I got Cowboys and special package deal for Stars/Mavs games
don't have any for the Rangers,but I go twice a month to see them
bane
Threesome with Pam and Donna

Re: how many of you have season tickets?

Post by bane »

It could be a loooong year with those Cowboys tickets dude! :lol: I've got a mini package for the Astros. I give most of them to clients but still manage to take the family to a handful every season. NFL season tickets are too rich for my blood, but I usually catch a couple games a year.
Fordtruckman

Post by Fordtruckman »

I've been going to Cowboys games since 1980,went twice a year,but I remember getting free tickets to several games during the 88 and 89 seasons when things were bad.nothing like cheering in cold weather in December for some real bad teams they had back then.
Bob Sacamano
Headlining Clubs

Post by Bob Sacamano »

I have a full season with the Blackhawks.
"I don't have any beliefs or allegiances. I don't believe in this country, I don't believe in religion, or a god, and I don't believe in all these man-made institutional ideas"

-- George Carlin
Fordtruckman

Post by Fordtruckman »

Bob Sacamano wrote:I have a full season with the Blackhawks.
salute to you sir
makaveli
Headlining Clubs

Post by makaveli »

I have 3 clubs seats on the 40 yard line for the Colts. Full season. I had Pacer season tickets for years but after all the losing I couldn't justify $13,000 a year for 2 tickets. By comparison my 3 Colts tickets run me only $8000.00 a season and includes parking, a private entrance, a 30,000 square foot club with plush restrooms, chef carving table, numerous hi def tvs all with NFL Sunday ticket, wider/cushioned seats...etc, etc. for the Pacers all I got was a seat. Now the difference of course is 10 game plus playoffs versus 41. but still it's a bargain by comparison.

FWIW, I believe the Colts are the only team to build a new stadium in recent years who didn't charge it's fans a personal seal license to buy tickets. We did have to sign a 3 or 5 year contract, but it locked in the price for those years.
ImageImage
Anne_Thrax
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by Anne_Thrax »

thrashers. club level on the glass through my work. only benefit of this is you get to know the bouncers who pretend not to notice all the flasks you have stuffed in your jacket.
Tymaster
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Tymaster »

OU Bobcats. Best deal in the state of Ohio. $90 for 4 tickets to every home game. We (work staff) go in together on Clippers, Blue Jackets, and Browns season tickets. Works out nicely.
LouDoo wrote:Neon has to be the most active poster who actually contributes the least, despite all the threads he starts. He has no redeeming value. He's completely useless.
makaveli
Headlining Clubs

Post by makaveli »

Tymaster wrote:OU Bobcats. Best deal in the state of Ohio. $90 for 4 tickets to every home game. We (work staff) go in together on Clippers, Blue Jackets, and Browns season tickets. Works out nicely.
Wife and I have been thinking about getting Columbus Crew season tickets. Games are cheap and the place is just a blast. Stadiums not too big and gets pretty rowdy. Plus the drive isn't too bad from Indy.
ImageImage
Tymaster

Post by Tymaster »

makaveli wrote:
Tymaster wrote:OU Bobcats. Best deal in the state of Ohio. $90 for 4 tickets to every home game. We (work staff) go in together on Clippers, Blue Jackets, and Browns season tickets. Works out nicely.
Wife and I have been thinking about getting Columbus Crew season tickets. Games are cheap and the place is just a blast. Stadiums not too big and gets pretty rowdy. Plus the drive isn't too bad from Indy.
They built a multimillion dollar stage to turn it into a concert venue. The idea was to replace the Polaris/Germain Ampitheatre. Naturally, the venue is blackballed by Live Nation. I hate LN. They still have "Rock on the Range" their and if the state fair books someone really big, they usually move the show their. It could be a nicer neighborhood, but it's a cinch to get in and out of, so it's hard to complain. The Browns and Colts used to play a summer scrimmage there. Don't know why that stopped?
LouDoo wrote:Neon has to be the most active poster who actually contributes the least, despite all the threads he starts. He has no redeeming value. He's completely useless.
Lardbucket
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Lardbucket »

Fordtruckman wrote:
salute to you sir
You're going to make some nice coin on the secondary market for the games you don't want to see.

I had a share of Hawks season seats at Chicago Stadium in 1992 and 1993, but I didn't like the seats I would have had at the United Center in '94 so I dropped them.
A proud Steve Jones nutswinger since 1977.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

Lardbucket wrote:
Fordtruckman wrote:
salute to you sir
You're going to make some nice coin on the secondary market for the games you don't want to see.

I had a share of Hawks season seats at Chicago Stadium in 1992 and 1993, but I didn't like the seats I would have had at the United Center in '94 so I dropped them.
When we were growing up/in our 20s the Hawks was as hard a ticket to get as the Jordan Bulls.

I've had Cubs full season tickets for almost 20 years. I used to be able to justify it by selling premiums for a tidy profit, nearly paying for the games I did attend. This season has been trying to say the least. I'm having a bitch of a time GIVING them away this season let alone finding anyone that will take most of them for anything close to face.
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
TawnyVonJagger
Fuck The Yankees

Post by TawnyVonJagger »

Full season tix to the Marlins (2 tix)

My dad had season tix to the Broncos since day one, my brother now uses them. (5 tix) If I ever get my ass back out to Denver during football season, it's safe to say I got no problems going to the game. :)
Fuck sigs.
cc117
Winning Local Battle of the Bands

Post by cc117 »

I have had Titans season tickets since they have been here.
DenimAndLeather

Post by DenimAndLeather »

Had Jets season tickets in the family since the mid-60s up until a couple years ago. Prices just got to be too high and the same seats in the new stadium would have required a $15,000 PSL.
Tymaster

Post by Tymaster »

DenimAndLeather wrote:Had Jets season tickets in the family since the mid-60s up until a couple years ago. Prices just got to be too high and the same seats in the new stadium would have required a $15,000 PSL.
All of these places are pricing the common man out of the stadium. With every NBA/MLB/NHL game on FSN, less and less people are going to games anyway. I've found my couch to be a fine place to watch professional sports.
makaveli
Headlining Clubs

Post by makaveli »

Tymaster wrote:
makaveli wrote:
They built a multimillion dollar stage to turn it into a concert venue. The idea was to replace the Polaris/Germain Ampitheatre. Naturally, the venue is blackballed by Live Nation. I hate LN. They still have "Rock on the Range" their and if the state fair books someone really big, they usually move the show their. It could be a nicer neighborhood, but it's a cinch to get in and out of, so it's hard to complain. The Browns and Colts used to play a summer scrimmage there. Don't know why that stopped?
Wife and I are thinking of heading over there on the 25th to see Gary Allan (dude is awesome live and if close by we try to go)...If you've seen any, how is it for concerts? Any tips? Been to a few Soccer games there and the parking is always a mess. Place to hang after the show? We'll probably stay downtown.
ImageImage
Tymaster

Post by Tymaster »

Wife and I are thinking of heading over there on the 25th to see Gary Allan (dude is awesome live and if close by we try to go)...If you've seen any, how is it for concerts? Any tips? Been to a few Soccer games there and the parking is always a mess. Place to hang after the show? We'll probably stay downtown.
That's the problem, there is nothing near by. However, Columbus is very easy to get around (very similar to Indy in that regard actually). Downtown has a lot to offer, and some of the suburbs are great as well. I'll shoot you a PM with some of my favorite places to eat and drink. As for the stadium as a concert venue: it's better than the cookie cutter sheds, but far from the "perfect" venue. It's a smallish stadium, so none of the seats are bad. Very similar to seeing a show at Hershey Park Stadium.
Alabama Slammer

Post by Alabama Slammer »

Season tix for the Troy Trojans... I normally end up sitting in the student section. We did splurge for one of the boxes for a few years, but decided to cut back when the 2nd kid came along.

For what it's worth, looking at some of the prices you guys are paying for professional tickets, that would barely get you on the list for the opportunity to buy Alabama tickets.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

tyke wrote:Season tix for the Troy Trojans... I normally end up sitting in the student section. We did splurge for one of the boxes for a few years, but decided to cut back when the 2nd kid came along.

For what it's worth, looking at some of the prices you guys are paying for professional tickets, that would barely get you on the list for the opportunity to buy Alabama tickets.
I had a client by 4 Bears PSLs last season, decent seats for $26K. Add the Bears 10% of $2600 and he spent nearly 30 grand before he even paid for the tickets. He was on the Bears waiting list for 20+ years and when he received a letter last spring telling him he had moved into the top 5000 on the waiting list he'd had enough and ponied up. He never would have gotten to the top of the line.

$tevil
Tymaster

Post by Tymaster »

johnk5150 wrote:
tyke wrote:Season tix for the Troy Trojans... I normally end up sitting in the student section. We did splurge for one of the boxes for a few years, but decided to cut back when the 2nd kid came along.

I had a client by 4 Bears PSLs last season, decent seats for $26K. Add the Bears 10% of $2600 and he spent nearly 30 grand before he even paid for the tickets. He was on the Bears waiting list for 20+ years and when he received a letter last spring telling him he had moved into the top 5000 on the waiting list he'd had enough and ponied up. He never would have gotten to the top of the line.
That's ludicrous. There are people in the US that work 60 hours per week and don't make that much money. PSL's shouldn't cost that much. High prices will eventually be the death of pro sports.
DenimAndLeather

Post by DenimAndLeather »

Tymaster wrote:
DenimAndLeather wrote:Had Jets season tickets in the family since the mid-60s up until a couple years ago. Prices just got to be too high and the same seats in the new stadium would have required a $15,000 PSL.
All of these places are pricing the common man out of the stadium. With every NBA/MLB/NHL game on FSN, less and less people are going to games anyway. I've found my couch to be a fine place to watch professional sports.
Exactly. The sad thing is that the Jets aren't even charging PSL's for upper deck seats, but even those ticket prices are still too outrageous for the average person to afford. Sucks that this is the future of pro-sports.
bane

Post by bane »

Tymaster wrote:
MLB is still reasonable. You can still take a family of 4 to a game and have a dogs, cokes for the kids and a few beers for less than a hundred bucks.
Tymaster

Post by Tymaster »

bane wrote:
Tymaster wrote:
MLB is still reasonable. You can still take a family of 4 to a game and have a dogs, cokes for the kids and a few beers for less than a hundred bucks.
Maybe in Texas, but you couldn't do that at a Reds or Indians game. Of course, even with the Reds getting ready to win the division, that may explain their empty stadium. Meanwhile, the Dayton Dragons, Toledo Mud Hens, Columbus Clippers, and Akron Aeros are always packed to the gills.
makaveli
Headlining Clubs

Post by makaveli »

Tymaster wrote:
johnk5150 wrote:

That's ludicrous. There are people in the US that work 60 hours per week and don't make that much money. PSL's shouldn't cost that much. High prices will eventually be the death of pro sports.

Say what you will about The Colts and Jim Irsay but 800 million for a new stadium (paid for by the taxpayers like most other stadiums) and there are ZERO PSL's. Not one. He came out from day one and said they wouldn't charge them. My club seats went up slightly but no more than normal, and with the 5 year contract my prices are locked in. Paying for the right to buy something is just fleecing the fan by the team. It makes no sense.
ImageImage
bane

Post by bane »

Tymaster wrote:
Maybe in Texas, but you couldn't do that at a Reds or Indians game. Of course, even with the Reds getting ready to win the division, that may explain their empty stadium. Meanwhile, the Dayton Dragons, Toledo Mud Hens, Columbus Clippers, and Akron Aeros are always packed to the gills.
They don't have cheap seats at Reds games? We went to Cub Scout Day with my kid's cub scout pack a couple of weeks ago. Face value on the tickets were 10 bucks and they ran a promotion where you got a free hot dog and a coke with your ticket. They were shit seats way up in the upper deck, but my 7 year old still had a blast.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

Tymaster wrote:
johnk5150 wrote:
tyke wrote: I had a client by 4 Bears PSLs last season, decent seats for $26K. Add the Bears 10% of $2600 and he spent nearly 30 grand before he even paid for the tickets. He was on the Bears waiting list for 20+ years and when he received a letter last spring telling him he had moved into the top 5000 on the waiting list he'd had enough and ponied up. He never would have gotten to the top of the line.
He got a deal. Anything in the 100 levels go for twice that. If you want the tickets, you gotta pay. There's 9 million people here and only one team in a stadium that barely holds 60K. He took a second mortgage to do it, so he's able to at least deduct the mortgage interest. People have been on the waiting lists their whole lives. I find it disturbing the Bears take a 10% cut on every sale while letting guys like Alex Brown leave in a cap free year and allowing Lovie Smith, Ted Phillips and Jerry Angelo keep their jobs.

From the bears psl marketplace. You can buy a nice house for less than what some of these are being sold.

Listing
Number Number
of Seats Seating Area Section Row Asking Price Status
20599 2 100 Level Midfield (A) 106 12 $55,000 For Sale
19711 2 100 Level Midfield (A) 110 5 $75,000 For Sale
18036 4 100 Level Midfield (A) 106 15 $96,000 For Sale
18035 2 100 Level Midfield (A) 106 2 $54,000 For Sale
18031 2 100 Level Midfield (A) 133 1 & 2 $40,000 For Sale
17977 2 100 Level Midfield (A) 112 7 $58,000 For Sale
17932 2 100 Level Midfield (A) 108 13 $78,000 For Sale
17829 2 100 Level Midfield (A) 112 3 $60,000 For Sale
17805 4 100 Level Midfield (A) 112 4 $100,000 For Sale
11459 3 100 Level Midfield (A) 112 1 $90,000 For Sale
11441 5 100 Level Midfield (A) 112 2 $150,000 For Sale
11433 2 100 Level Midfield (A) 110 7 $89,000 For Sale

$tevil
Heenan Snuka
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by Heenan Snuka »

Fuck the Chevyman!!
Stoner wrote:
...we stopped at a restaurant to eat and I was wearing a Sludge shirt. Someone came up and asked me if I read the messageboard - I touched cloth for a split second and then said the shirt was my husband's and just looked at them retardedly.
Tymaster

Post by Tymaster »

bane wrote:
Tymaster wrote:
They don't have cheap seats at Reds games? We went to Cub Scout Day with my kid's cub scout pack a couple of weeks ago. Face value on the tickets were 10 bucks and they ran a promotion where you got a free hot dog and a coke with your ticket. They were shit seats way up in the upper deck, but my 7 year old still had a blast.
Oh the Reds have deals alright. I go down for "Teacher Appreciation" games every once in a blue moon. Tickets behind home plate are $21. However, by the time you park, grab a bite to eat and drink, and fill up the gas tank, you are in for far more than $100. Especially if you're talking about a family of four. You can see go the Clippers (who are in the IL playoffs btw) for $5, and usually it's "Dime a Dog" night or "50 cent wing" night. Much more family friendly.
bane

Post by bane »

Tymaster wrote:

Oh the Reds have deals alright. I go down for "Teacher Appreciation" games every once in a blue moon. Tickets behind home plate are $21. However, by the time you park, grab a bite to eat and drink, and fill up the gas tank, you are in for far more than $100. Especially if you're talking about a family of four. You can see go the Clippers (who are in the IL playoffs btw) for $5, and usually it's "Dime a Dog" night or "50 cent wing" night. Much more family friendly.
I used to go to a lot of El Paso Diablos and Albuquerque Dukes games when I was kid, and minor league ball is a great time for very little dough.
There aren't any minor league teams anywhere near me now though, unless you count hockey, and I just don't give a fuck about hockey. That said, when it comes to major league sports MLB kicks the shit out of the other two for pricing. Yeah, the owners have a whole lot more time to make their nut, 81 games vs 8 in the NFL, but that's cold comfort when you're looking at 500 bucks to take your family to an NFL game.