BROCK LESNAR UFC/MMA

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

BROCK LESNAR UFC/MMA

Post by yeahbuddy »

What's your take on this guy?
I used to hate him until the Carwin fight.
That was quite the comeback after he got
rocked bigtime.
The way he choked Carwin out was quite impressive.
Much like when a snake uses strength and body to kill its prey.
His postfight speech was great as well. He was truly humble.
Didnt like him before, but am a fan now.
Cant wait for tomorrow.
The weigh in today should be interesting as well.
Angry Jew
Appetite For Chinese Democracy
Location: Buffalo,NY (Lets go SABRES!)-Swinging on Axl's nuts waiting patiently for Chinese Democracy part 2

Re: BROCK LESNAR UFC/MMA

Post by Angry Jew »

Brock rules and is the only reason I care about the UFC. It's great to go to Wild Wings and watch his fights as a lot of the UFC purists get upset and mad when he wins. Are they upset that a "fake Pro Wrestler" is taking over UFC or do they just not know how great of an athlete this guy is?
Where's Izzy?
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

Angry Jew wrote:Brock rules and is the only reason I care about the UFC. It's great to go to Wild Wings and watch his fights as a lot of the UFC purists get upset and mad when he wins. Are they upset that a "fake Pro Wrestler" is taking over UFC or do they just not know how great of an athlete this guy is?
Same with me caring about UFC. Well, that and cant wait until Anderson Silva gets laid out. Almost happened with Sonnen, but it didnt.
I do love the way Randy C approaches the sport, and the love he has with the sport when he steps into the octogon.
I love Clay Guido's energy from weigh in to post fight.
Cant stand Tito Ortiz.
Alright, I love the entire sport except Frankie Edgar is a boring champion.
Kings1967
Playing in a Garage

Post by Kings1967 »

I'm a fan. Especially, as previously mentioned, when you see the purists get mad when he wins. He may have been a WWF wrestler at one time, but he has a very real college wrestling background, and a 106-5 record to back it up. Although I stopped watching WWF in the late 80's, I like that he brought a tiny bit of his character with him and plays the real-life heel. His comments after his 2nd Mir fight were great! I'm going to go watch the weigh-ins today in Anaheim and am looking forward to the stare down between he and Cain. Since '97 no UFC heavyweight has succesfully defended the title more than twice. He has a good chance, but you never know.
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

Kings1967 wrote:I'm a fan. Especially, as previously mentioned, when you see the purists get mad when he wins. He may have been a WWF wrestler at one time, but he has a very real college wrestling background, and a 106-5 record to back it up. Although I stopped watching WWF in the late 80's, I like that he brought a tiny bit of his character with him and plays the real-life heel. His comments after his 2nd Mir fight were great! I'm going to go watch the weigh-ins today in Anaheim and am looking forward to the stare down between he and Cain. Since '97 no UFC heavyweight has succesfully defended the title more than twice. He has a good chance, but you never know.
Once Brock takes it to the ground and is on top of his opponent, the guy is so big and strong it's usually over for his opponent (Mir, Carwin, etc etc).
Kings1967
Playing in a Garage

Post by Kings1967 »

yeahbuddy wrote:
Kings1967 wrote:I'm a fan. Especially, as previously mentioned, when you see the purists get mad when he wins. He may have been a WWF wrestler at one time, but he has a very real college wrestling background, and a 106-5 record to back it up. Although I stopped watching WWF in the late 80's, I like that he brought a tiny bit of his character with him and plays the real-life heel. His comments after his 2nd Mir fight were great! I'm going to go watch the weigh-ins today in Anaheim and am looking forward to the stare down between he and Cain. Since '97 no UFC heavyweight has succesfully defended the title more than twice. He has a good chance, but you never know.
Once Brock takes it to the ground and is on top of his opponent, the guy is so big and strong it's usually over for his opponent (Mir, Carwin, etc etc).
All true, but don't forget what happened in his first fight when he took Mir down. Someone got their ankle locked. I think that was more due to it being Lesnar's first UFC fight and not being totally wary of what submission opponents can do in almost any position, since then he's dominated. I still think if Carwin works on his cardio he can give Brock a real run for his money again. The problem with Carwin is he only played one dimension of his fighting ability. He's an excellent wrestler but chose to feed Brock punches instead and not follow it up with some wrestling techniques. Cain isn't as one dimensional with his striking ability and is a good wrestler. He may be able to fend off Brock's takedown attempts, but I'm still picking Brock. He's that good!
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

Kings1967 wrote:
yeahbuddy wrote:
All true, but don't forget what happened in his first fight when he took Mir down. Someone got their ankle locked. I think that was more due to it being Lesnar's first UFC fight and not being totally wary of what submission opponents can do in almost any position, since then he's dominated. I still think if Carwin works on his cardio he can give Brock a real run for his money again. The problem with Carwin is he only played one dimension of his fighting ability. He's an excellent wrestler but chose to feed Brock punches instead and not follow it up with some wrestling techniques. Cain isn't as one dimensional with his striking ability and is a good wrestler. He may be able to fend off Brock's takedown attempts, but I'm still picking Brock. He's that good!
100%
Carwin hit him with some bombs!
I think Brock learned his lesson after the first Mir fight.
Its going to be good!
John Simon Ritchie
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by John Simon Ritchie »

Wasn't a fan, and didn't want to be, in the beginning, but am pretty impressed with his past coupla fights. I guess I'm a convert.
"I was looking for that great jazz note that destroyed the walls of Jericho." - The Clash, The Sound Of Sinners
MotorVenom
Forming a Band

Post by MotorVenom »

He won me over - dude is a freak - not ready to join his fan club but will certainly try and get in front of the set when he is fighting. I just watched the pre-fight show special, it seems to me he has a bit more respect for the sport than when he first got in, also seems fairly serious about addressing his weaknesses and learning, that's bad news for everyone else.

I'd like to see Cain win this fight but I think Brock is too big for him.
Drunken_Little_Elf
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by Drunken_Little_Elf »

I'm a fan. I didn't care for him when he started but he's won me over. It has nothing to do with his pro wrestling background, as I've been a fan all my life, so if anything I was intrigued how he would do.

His first fight with Mir was a joke as he made a rookie mistake and got submitted in 90 seconds. His second fight with Heath Herring flat out sucked other than the punch that knocked Herring across the octagon.

He did well against Randy Couture, but he was fighting my all time favourite fighter, so I was rooting against him hard. It was fun to watch him pummel Mir in the second fight and I was impressed with how he bounced back from getting his ass kicked by Carwin.

The funny thing is, in all of his fights (except Herring) I've always been rooting for his opponents. Not because I hate him, it's just every fight he's had, I've just always been a bigger fan of his opponent.
Tommy2Tone84 wrote:I know I'm dumb.
BozoMcMetal
Headlining Clubs

Post by BozoMcMetal »

I'm starting to come around on him...his new beard is epic. I think he'll beat Cain, but Junior Dos Santos and Allistair Overeem (if he ever comes to the UFC) would probably beat him.
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

BozoMcMetal wrote:I'm starting to come around on him...his new beard is epic. I think he'll beat Cain, but Junior Dos Santos and Allistair Overeem (if he ever comes to the UFC) would probably beat him.
Yeah, the beard is rockin'!
Did you watch the weigh in?
He walked up the stairs, onto the stage, took his clothes off, got weighed, took the press pic, short interview with Joe R, and walked off. No goofiness or dumbess like some of those other fighters.
I cant stand Diego Sanchez, and he will lose tomorrow night.
BozoMcMetal
Headlining Clubs

Post by BozoMcMetal »

yeahbuddy wrote:
BozoMcMetal wrote:I'm starting to come around on him...his new beard is epic. I think he'll beat Cain, but Junior Dos Santos and Allistair Overeem (if he ever comes to the UFC) would probably beat him.
Yeah, the beard is rockin'!
Did you watch the weigh in?
He walked up the stairs, onto the stage, took his clothes off, got weighed, took the press pic, short interview with Joe R, and walked off. No goofiness or dumbess like some of those other fighters.
I cant stand Diego Sanchez, and he will lose tomorrow night.

Yup. Agreed on Diego, he tries waaay too hard to look tough and he just comes off like a jackass. Paulo is gonna own him, and hopefully he gets cut after losing 3 in a row.
Kamikaze_Russo
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Kamikaze_Russo »

I still think he needs to have Paul Heyman (wearing a suit and his pony tailed baseball cap) lead him to the ring... just like the old WWE days. That would be some funny shit.
tin00can
Headlining Clubs

Post by tin00can »

Like most people on here I'm converted. I didn't much like him when he first came to the UFC but I think he's proving his chops. I like Velasquez a lot but I don't think he's going to take this fight. I think the only way Brock will lose is if he fights somebody very close to his size with a lot of skill.
ParaDime77

Post by ParaDime77 »

Kamikaze_Russo wrote:I still think he needs to have Paul Heyman (wearing a suit and his pony tailed baseball cap) lead him to the ring... just like the old WWE days. That would be some funny shit.
Ironically, him a Paul Heyman are still very close friends, even so that Paul is helping Brock with his memoir.
Everyone Is Someone Else's Bitch
Cyber Spirit
Doing 20 Questions with Metal Sludge

Post by Cyber Spirit »

Im not convinced.He has had 6 fights.
UltimateSin
Playing in a Garage

Post by UltimateSin »

I think Brock Lesnar rules. I like how he came from pro wrestling so all the MMA guys hate him yet he whoops everyones ass in MMA he fights. I hope he stays champ for a long time. Frank Mirs win in his debut was a fluke everyone knows it and Brock proved it in their rematch.
Refusing To Surrender To The World Elite.
Out Of The Cellar

Post by Out Of The Cellar »

Fuck all of you. :D
tripsgirl
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by tripsgirl »

¡ viva méxico!
Personally, I blame Triple H -
The sig good for any occasion.
Out Of The Cellar

Out Of The Cellar

Brock defeated himself. Clearly, he came out with no gameplan. Fuck him.
MurrayFiend

Post by MurrayFiend »

Out Of The Cellar wrote:Brock defeated himself. Clearly, he came out with no gameplan. Fuck him.
I've been reading your posts with a DeNiro voice in my head, and the "Fuck him" really worked. Kudos.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Any chicks on this board like Sean Connery or Roger Moore?
BozoMcMetal
Headlining Clubs

Post by BozoMcMetal »

Brock just flat out got owned, all props to Cain. Cain vs Junior Dos Santos is going to be a hell of a fight. I'm pulling for JDS, but after tonight I'm very nervous.
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

Out Of The Cellar wrote:Brock defeated himself. Clearly, he came out with no gameplan. Fuck him.
He had a gameplan but Cain stuffed it. Everytime Brock got him down, the guy bounced right back up. I dont think Brock was ready for a guy that could get up as fast as Cain did. What about the shot Brock took when he twirled away from Cain and lost his balance? Cain followed him, bang, and that was the beginning of the end. I wonder how tired Brock was after his take downs, and Cain getting up. That had to take something out of him.
I gotta see this fight again to analyze it better.
Overall a great night of fights.
Diego Sanchez impressed me big time. I thought he was going to lose.
Listening to the deaf guy after the fight was painful to watch.
Tito Ortiz is done.
Cyber Spirit
Doing 20 Questions with Metal Sludge

Post by Cyber Spirit »

Brock got owned.I think the party is over.
John Simon Ritchie

Post by John Simon Ritchie »

DOWN2WHISKEY wrote:
tripsgirl wrote:¡ viva méxico!
If only it was politically correct to say WHITE PRIDE or AMERICAN PRIDE!! I'll give it to Cain, he fucked Brock up!!
I think Velasquez should fight this guy, but Dana would never allow this in the ring. :wink: The ultimate grudge match...

http://www.faniq.com/blog/MMA-Fighter-M ... -Blog-6098
"I was looking for that great jazz note that destroyed the walls of Jericho." - The Clash, The Sound Of Sinners
BozoMcMetal
Headlining Clubs

Post by BozoMcMetal »

Looks like the Undertaker has some kind of beef with Brock, don't know what that's all about...

About 44 seconds in
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjHtxPew ... r_embedded
BozoMcMetal
Headlining Clubs

Post by BozoMcMetal »

I just think it's great that the Undertaker uses a gogoplata as a finishing move.
Angry Jew
Appetite For Chinese Democracy
Location: Buffalo,NY (Lets go SABRES!)-Swinging on Axl's nuts waiting patiently for Chinese Democracy part 2

Post by Angry Jew »

BozoMcMetal wrote:Looks like the Undertaker has some kind of beef with Brock, don't know what that's all about...

About 44 seconds in
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjHtxPew ... r_embedded
Credit: F4WOnline.com

Nobody, including UFC president Dana White, seems to know what is going on in regards to the post-fight confrontation between The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at last night's UFC 121 PPV in Anaheim, CA. The confrontation caught many off guard and more questions still remain.

Dave Meltzer of The Wrestling Observer, who was at UFC 121 last night, has speculated that WWE wants Brock Lesnar and The Undertaker to have a match at Wrestlemania 27 in a "streak vs. UFC title" type match.

Meltzer notes that there is no deal in place between WWE and Lesnar but the company has contacted him. Meltzer also notes that Lesnar's deal with UFC wouldn't allow him to work a WWE match.
Where's Izzy?