Let's go SF Giants!

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

MurrayFiend
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Re: Let's go SF Giants!

Post by MurrayFiend »

I've just been supporting the Giants since they went up against Atlanta... can't imagine how y'all longtime fans feel right now. What a great team to watch and a well-played postseason all around. Congratulations!
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Any chicks on this board like Sean Connery or Roger Moore?
crabfan
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by crabfan »

Still can't believe the Giants are World Champs!! Wow...

Congrats to Texas on an amazing run as well.

This thread is officially over!

It's been fun kids! :lol:

Go Giants!!! (and A's in 2011!!!)

Cheers!
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

I wish I could be in SF for the parade. I could only be happier if my beloved, dearly departed, Expos had won a championship.

People can bitch all they want, but pitching and D wins championships. I love the fact that the best team won; not the best collection of individuals.

Great, home grown pitching staff, closer, and catcher. Excellent management. Sprinkle in some veteran role players, and you have an amazing TEAM.

Congrats Giants!
bane
Threesome with Pam and Donna

Post by bane »

Congrats to the Giants and their fans. Man, did I ever call that series wrong!
killeverything
A Drinking Fan With A Baseball Problem

Post by killeverything »

Congrats SF!

Holy shit, talk about a team with fire. I was hoping it would go 7 with Texas having an "edge".

Couldn't have been more wrong.
TawnyVonJagger
Fuck The Yankees

Post by TawnyVonJagger »

Congrats to the Giants and their fans! Soooo Stoked for my Cody! And it's fucking AWESOME that Renteria did AGAIN what he did 13 years ago! :D And Lincecum is just... :shock: Damn.

I'm sad for the Rangers, though. Wasn't what I expected at all. I'm sure they'll be back, though. Congrats on a great season!
Fuck sigs.
killeverything
A Drinking Fan With A Baseball Problem

Post by killeverything »

TawnyVonJagger wrote:Congrats to the Giants and their fans! Soooo Stoked for my Cody! And it's fucking AWESOME that Renteria did AGAIN what he did 13 years ago! :D And Lincecum is just... :shock: Damn.

I'm sad for the Rangers, though. Wasn't what I expected at all. I'm sure they'll be back, though. Congrats on a great season!
A lot of Texas being back has to do with who they'll get to replace Lee after he signs with the MFY. Which everyone knows is going to happen.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

killeverything wrote:
TawnyVonJagger wrote:Congrats to the Giants and their fans! Soooo Stoked for my Cody! And it's fucking AWESOME that Renteria did AGAIN what he did 13 years ago! :D And Lincecum is just... :shock: Damn.

A lot of Texas being back has to do with who they'll get to replace Lee after he signs with the MFY. Which everyone knows is going to happen.
I like the way that sounds.
lee wearing the pinstripes.

Nothing is certain. You never know, he might go elsewhere.

Pettitte needs to decide if he wants to return. I certainly want him to return. He pitched so well in 2009 and 2010.
For now the rotation looks something like this, in no particular order:

C.C.
Hughes
Burnett
Pettitte
?? (insert lee here)
LAPoet
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by LAPoet »

WOLF wrote:I wish I could be in SF for the parade. I could only be happier if my beloved, dearly departed, Expos had won a championship.

People can bitch all they want, but pitching and D wins championships. I love the fact that the best team won; not the best collection of individuals.

Great, home grown pitching staff, closer, and catcher. Excellent management. Sprinkle in some veteran role players, and you have an amazing TEAM.

Congrats Giants!

the parade was awesome