The official NHL thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Re: The official NHL thread

Post by WOLF »

Habs came out strong against a shaky Boucher and then faded. They couldn't get the kill shot. Laviolette obviously let his boys have it in the first intermission, and the Flyers dominated the rest of the game.

Pity, but not entirely unpredicatble. Habs wasted another good effort by Carey Price.
Scatman
Pimping Your Demo At Shows

Post by Scatman »

Flyers looking great tonite. I love Bob, but Boucher did the trick.
The shape of drunk to come.
WhiteHouseSubsAC
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by WhiteHouseSubsAC »

Kind of random but makes Pete Rose look like a bit (more) of a scumbag:

http://www.crossingbroad.com/2010/11/ne ... rsche.html
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Of course your asshole is going to be sore when you volunteer for an asspounding and not set any boundaries at all.
johnk5150
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by johnk5150 »

Hossa hurt again. Dammit.
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
chungasrevenge

Post by chungasrevenge »

If the Thrashers can't draw a crowd over the next couple of months then it's time to pack up the franchise and leave. They're going to be dangerous this year. Too bad the B's let Ramsey go.
krazeebaybee
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by krazeebaybee »

Being a Leafs fan is becoming more and more painful.
No words tonight...just blergh.
You'll do it the way any self-respecting woman does. Lay on your back, point your heels to Jesus and think of handbags.
grizzly31
Signed One Album Deal on Indy Label

Post by grizzly31 »

krazeebaybee wrote:Being a Leafs fan is becoming more and more painful.

I hear ya, the season is getting longer and longer.
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

Not to rub salt in the wounds, but what did you guys realistically expect? When is Brian Burke going to weave his magic and bring in some honest to goodness NHL players? A lot of AHL'ers on that squad, and a lot of 1st or 2nd liners who are 3rd liners on other teams.
chungasrevenge

Post by chungasrevenge »

The Leafs struggles will provide a huge piece for the Bruins around the deadline. I'd bet the B's trade the pick away along with a goaltender. They need to do a blockbuster or highly aggressive move. The natives are getting restless. 2 or so moves away, and they have the assets. Need to throw them all on the table now.

Rask plus that Leafs pick for a top winger.
Lardbucket
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Lardbucket »

johnk5150 wrote:Hossa hurt again. Dammit.
Proof that Nick Boynton can hurt the Blackhawks just as much during practice as he can during games.
A proud Steve Jones nutswinger since 1977.
alecjonsludge
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by alecjonsludge »

WOLF wrote:
Not to rub salt in the wounds, but what did you guys realistically expect? When is Brian Burke going to weave his magic and bring in some honest to goodness NHL players? A lot of AHL'ers on that squad, and a lot of 1st or 2nd liners who are 3rd liners on other teams.

Exactly. I kept hearing a lot of praise for Versteeg when he was acquired.Good guy,no doubt, but he's not a top 6, let alone top 3 forward.same for Armstrong.Being an ex-Pen,I always liked the guy,but if he couldn't crack the 50 pt barrier playing on Crosby's wing what the hell do you expect from him playing with these scrubs ?

Burke has been mislabeled a genius for too long.His Canuck squads fell flat in the playoffs,and his Ducks team that won the Cup was mostly manufactured by Byran Murray.Every move he's made with the Leafs has only handicapped the team further. Look at the last two Cup winners-Pittsburgh and Chicago.Both teams were built through the draft,something the Leafs can't do because they have no 1st round picks.In the salary cap era,you have to go this route.Not only do you get young talent,albeit unproven,you also get them on the cheap for 3 years, allowing you to go out and get complimentary talent.When you've got a pile of money tied up in a d-man who has only gotten worse every year he's been in the league(Phaneuf) and a cocky hotshot who thinks he's all that(Kessel),it doesn't leave a lot of room to go out and get that stable d-man who can cover for Phaneuf's gambles or the set up man for Kessel. Instead you get 3rd,4th liners like Versteeg and Armstrong.
Aerosmith87
Opening Act in Arenas

Post by Aerosmith87 »

The Devils are depressing me this year. That Islanders 15 game losing streak or whatever killed me, when the Devils lost.
Anne_Thrax
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by Anne_Thrax »

Aerosmith87 wrote:The Devils are depressing me this year. That Islanders 15 game losing streak or whatever killed me, when the Devils lost.
Because you are stuck with Kovalchuck now. FOREVER!! You are paying him $100 million dollars to do this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXh-ZBcCFYo
Aerosmith87
Opening Act in Arenas

Post by Aerosmith87 »

I don't have to even click on that youtube link to know what it's going to be :|
Anne_Thrax

Post by Anne_Thrax »

Aerosmith87 wrote:I don't have to even click on that youtube link to know what it's going to be :|
My coworkers and I watched that clip about 50 times that next morning. It just kept getting funnier! Haha he's your problem now not ours!
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

Anne_Thrax wrote:
Aerosmith87 wrote:I don't have to even click on that youtube link to know what it's going to be :|
My coworkers and I watched that clip about 50 times that next morning. It just kept getting funnier! Haha he's your problem now not ours!
Atlanta got Bergfors and Oduya, two solid contributors for Kovalchuk. They also got young, up and coming, shit disturber Patrice Cormier, and that assets that helped them acquire Byfuglien and Ladd from the Hawks. Not a bad return for a $100 million free agent bust who's created nothing but dissension on his new team.
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

chungasrevenge wrote:Rask plus that Leafs pick for a top winger.
The B's can't trade Rask, just like the Habs couldn't trade Price. Current struggles not withstanding, the kid's been a winner at every level. He's a thoroughbred. You can't allow a guy like that to go someplace else and become a stud #1 for 12 years. Thomas is awesome so far, so I would keep it status quo in nets for the year and see what happens in the offseason.
chungasrevenge

Post by chungasrevenge »

WOLF wrote:
chungasrevenge wrote:Rask plus that Leafs pick for a top winger.
The B's can't trade Rask, just like the Habs couldn't trade Price. Current struggles not withstanding, the kid's been a winner at every level. He's a thoroughbred. You can't allow a guy like that to go someplace else and become a stud #1 for 12 years. Thomas is awesome so far, so I would keep it status quo in nets for the year and see what happens in the offseason.
But you could package the pick and Rask for a blockbuster addition. Like a Parise or something. Go for it all now.
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

Brent Sutter put 5 D-men out on the power play late in Calgary's 7-2 loss to the Canucks on Wednesday. Can you say "lose the room"? I wonder how much longer Iginla and the Sutter clan can co-exist in Calgary?
chungasrevenge

Post by chungasrevenge »

I guess Marco Sturm is the odd man out in Boston. Good job to whoever leaked it prematurely. It has to be awkward for the guy to have to come back to practice knowing he's gone.

Tim Thomas capes are going on sale soon in the pro shop.
SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

Rask is better than Thomas. Thomas is just off to a very good start. If anything they should dump Thomas' salary now while he is worth something. They just traded Hunwick and are about to trade Sturm. That will give them some cap space going forward so they can do something at the trade deadline.

How's that Joe Thornton trade looking now? They got shit for him and once Strum is gone they will have nothing left on the roster to show for it.
chungasrevenge

Post by chungasrevenge »

SkyDog112046 wrote:How's that Joe Thornton trade looking now? They got shit for him and once Strum is gone they will have nothing left on the roster to show for it.
Who cares now? They're close to being cup contenders and Chia has enough pieces to make significant moves if need be.
SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

chungasrevenge wrote:
SkyDog112046 wrote:How's that Joe Thornton trade looking now? They got shit for him and once Strum is gone they will have nothing left on the roster to show for it.
Who cares now? They're close to being cup contenders and Chia has enough pieces to make significant moves if need be.
Because maybe if they had Thornton on the roster they would be contenders right now. It was a really bad trade.
chungasrevenge

Post by chungasrevenge »

SkyDog112046 wrote:
chungasrevenge wrote:
Because maybe if they had Thornton on the roster they would be contenders right now. It was a really bad trade.
Joe hasn't won shit, Bruins haven't won shit. I'd say it was a wash.
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

/\

You also need to think of the cap implications and not just who the B's got for Thornton.

I do agree it was a terrible "trade", as they should have been able to get more for him - including draft choices and young talent, but as a "move" it may have worked out, as with Thornton on the roster they don't have the cash to sign Chara and Savard and get back into the spotlight in Beantown the last few years.
Anne_Thrax

Post by Anne_Thrax »

MurrayFiend wrote:The Leafs suck again? That didn't take long. :lol:
The Leafs suck as sure as the sun shall rise
Gibsonite
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by Gibsonite »

Anne_Thrax wrote:
MurrayFiend wrote:The Leafs suck again? That didn't take long. :lol:
The Leafs suck as sure as the sun shall rise
And we'll still be cheering for them while they suck long after the Thrashers have moved to Winnipeg,or Quebec City,or some other place that will actually support an NHL team.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Anne_Thrax

Post by Anne_Thrax »

Gibsonite wrote: Image

yep lol. ^^^^ that is basically a screenshot of my Friday nights. Me and the 14 fans.
Kerry King's Pentagram
Asskicker in Training

Post by Kerry King's Pentagram »

Anne_Thrax wrote:

yep lol. ^^^^ that is basically a screenshot of my Friday nights. Me and the 14 fans.
Damn. How many people does that place hold? I've seen hockey games over here with bigger crowds than that and the UK is not a hotbed for the sport by any means!

"Hey Butt-Head. What did people do before TV?" "Don't be stupid, Beavis. There's always been TV. There's just more channels now." "Oh yeah, progress is cool!"
pieceofme
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by pieceofme »

Kerry King's Pentagram wrote:
Anne_Thrax wrote:

Damn. How many people does that place hold? I've seen hockey games over here with bigger crowds than that and the UK is not a hotbed for the sport by any means!
The Thrashers had an all time low of 8000 a few weeks ago. Of course this could have been beaten since then! The capacity for the arena is 18,545 according to wiki.
GrayAntiMatter wrote:EVH

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....