NFL 2010 Thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

johnk5150
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Re: NFL 2010 Thread

Post by johnk5150 »

Tymaster wrote:
Yes, it was a Shanahan innovation. The following week the Raiders pulled it on the Browns. I wanna say it was the 2006 season.
It's pretty amazing how quickly he went from genius to clueless when he doesn't have a decent QB isn't it? You have to wonder how Belichek would be thought of had Drew Bledsoe not been separated from football by Mo Lewis.
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

johnk5150 wrote:
Tymaster wrote:
Yes, it was a Shanahan innovation. The following week the Raiders pulled it on the Browns. I wanna say it was the 2006 season.
It's pretty amazing how quickly he went from genius to clueless when he doesn't have a decent QB isn't it? You have to wonder how Belichek would be thought of had Drew Bledsoe not been separated from football by Mo Lewis.
I am enjoying watching the redskins lose and watching Shanahan lose control of his team.
All started with how he treated Haynesworth and you know what, the situation has deteriorated since. Could not be more pleased.
:lol:
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

Lol

Cowboys - Last place
Redskins - not in last place

The redskins are coming off a 4-12 season. Unfair to call shannahan's tenure a failure at this time.

The cowboys are coming off a playoff season and people were talking Super Bowl this year.

I think we all know who's season has been a bigger disaster.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Crazy Levi wrote:Lol

Cowboys - Last place
Redskins - not in last place
what are you gonna do?
shit happens.
a bad year all around in Dallas.

perhaps Dallas could have a few more wins right now if Romo played every game? we'll never know.
MrsBitch
Forming a Band

Post by MrsBitch »

Crazy Levi wrote:
LOL at Trent Dilfer last week..."You have to wonder if Mike Vick is indefensible."

Just like their early 90s Vick, Randall Cunningham, just knock the shit out of him and he's not quite as dynamic. Simple formula, but it worked tonight and it will work in the playoffs.

He must have been referring to the Redskins defense.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

Yeah yeah yeah...well, by the time this season is over, the redskins will still have three Lombardi trophies and the Eagles will still have zero.
Facedown
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by Facedown »

Jets were fined 100k for violating league rules in the tripping incident.
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
TawnyVonJagger
Fuck The Yankees

Post by TawnyVonJagger »

I can't believe Peyton Hillis got snubbed from the PB. Wow. Congrats to Brandon Lloyd!

And I, too, get a perverse pleasure out of Shanny's foibles in DC. :twisted:
Fuck sigs.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

TawnyVonJagger wrote:I can't believe Peyton Hillis got snubbed from the PB. Wow. Congrats to Brandon Lloyd!

And I, too, get a perverse pleasure out of Shanny's foibles in DC. :twisted:
He can have Steven Jackson's spot on the NFC roster. He singlehandedly killed my fantasy team this season.

$tevil
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

There's six bowl games today and 5 have big ten teams.

$tevil
MrsBitch
Forming a Band

Post by MrsBitch »

Solid effort by the Big 10 today.
gr8twhte
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by gr8twhte »

What, about 17 hours until the Vikings season is finally done?

Thank Lemmy.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

MrsBitch wrote:Solid effort by the Big 10 today.
And all these mouth breathing midwesterners wonder why the conference is a punchline.

I have no idea how to fill out my confidence pool today. I just saw the Jets made their whole offense including Richard Todd inactive today.

$tevil
SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

Looks like KC is trying to choke away the #3 seed.

And what the hell is Charlie Weis thinking? Leaving a position as offensive coordinator in the NFL to go take the same position in college. Talk about a step down. I can see going back to college for a head coaching position, but to go be a coordinator?
SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

Tom Brady = MVP
QB Rating: 110+
3900 Yards
36 TDs vs 4 INTs
14-2 record
Most consecutive games with multiple TDs and no INTs
Most consecutive passes without a pick
Longest home winning streak

And everything done without the starting RB, 3rd down back, favorite receiver, and most of the season without 2 starting OL's. He has that rebuilt offense firing on on cylinders right now. Vick should get Comeback Player without a doubt, but Brady is the MVP.
poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

SkyDog112046 wrote:Tom Brady = MVP
3900 Yards
36 TDs vs 4 INTs
14-2 record

And everything done without the starting RB, 3rd down back, favorite receiver, and most of the season without 2 starting OL's. He has that rebuilt offense firing on on cylinders right now. Vick should get Comeback Player without a doubt, but Brady is the MVP.
Patriots= 11-5 without bitch Brady. How many wins do you think we would have without Peyton Manning? Now that's an MVP.
DISCLAIMER: The below images were forced upon me against my will by the moderator and are NOT of my choosing.

Tymaster

Post by Tymaster »

poizond13 wrote:
3900 Yards
36 TDs vs 4 INTs
14-2 record

Patriots= 11-5 without bitch Brady. How many wins do you think we would have without Peyton Manning? Now that's an MVP.
STFU
LouDoo wrote:Neon has to be the most active poster who actually contributes the least, despite all the threads he starts. He has no redeeming value. He's completely useless.
SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

poizond13 wrote:
3900 Yards
36 TDs vs 4 INTs
14-2 record

The Patriots went 11-5 without Brady in 2008 with the same team that Brady had 16-0 the year before. That's a -5 differential. It's an entirely different scenario this time around. The New England defense was near the bottom of the league for the vast majority of this season. Their kicking game isn't very good and they have short kickoffs, big returns, and a shorter field goal range now that they are without their kicker. And the offense was totally rebuilt on the fly in the middle of the season. If they had Hoyer in there instead of Brady they would be more like 4-12 this year.

As for Manning, I wonder how many of his receivers wouldn't have ended up missing games if he hadn't thrown passes that left them exposed to big hits? Does he hate Austin Collie or something? I'd say instead of a really weak 10-6 they would be more like 5-11 without Manning because they play in a pussy division.
MickeyG
Doing 20 Questions with Metal Sludge

Post by MickeyG »

The Pats will have to fuck up big time not to win it all this year. Easily the best team I've seen all year. Of course injuries could hinder them too, or bad calls.
LAPoet
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by LAPoet »

poizond13 wrote:
3900 Yards
36 TDs vs 4 INTs
14-2 record

an MVP doesn't have a .500 record in the playoffs and does not throw a pick 6 with the game on the line.

Peyton Manning=Brett Favre except with funnier commercials
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

I know you're just baiting on Greg, but was stating the obvious that necessary? Anyone with half an ounce of objectivity knows Brady will prolly win by the largest margin.

$tevil
SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

johnk5150 wrote:
I know you're just baiting on Greg, but was stating the obvious that necessary? Anyone with half an ounce of objectivity knows Brady will prolly win by the largest margin.
Ahh, but the one person here with less than an ounce of brains(cough P13 cough) needed to see those stats.
:lol:
demolition23
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by demolition23 »

poizond13 wrote:
3900 Yards
36 TDs vs 4 INTs
14-2 record

With Brady maybe the Colts wouldn't have lost those games where Manning threw as many interceptions in 4 quarters as Brady did in 16 games...
Moggio wrote:You see, the problem with you is that you act like I have no credibility or something.
PhoenixFlames wrote:AVATAR made 2.7 billion which (maths) is close to 3 x million millions!!!!!!
SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

How would you rank the AFC playoff teams right now? I know the seeds say:
1. New England Patriots
2. Pittsburgh Steelers
3. Indianapolis Colts
4. Kansas City Chiefs
5. Baltimore Ravens
6. New York Jets

But in terms of strength, I'd say it's more like:
1. NE
2. Pitt
3. Balt
4. KC
5. NY
6. Indy

I would not be shocked if the two wild card teams won this weekend.
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

p13 is ridiculous.
SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

Wild Card Weekend picks:
AFC:
Baltimore @ Kansas City - Ravens. Ed Reed being healthy and up to speed solidifies that defense.

New York @ Indy - Jets. If Sanchez can just be average NY should win because they are the better team. They will have to play very well to be able to overcome the pro-Indy officiating crew that will most certainly be doing their part to keep Manning and his commercials relevant as long as possible. But NY should win this game.

NFC:
New Orleans @ Seattle - Saints. This should be a blowout.

Green Bay @ Philly - Packers. GB is just a more balanced team and that defense should give Vick fits.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

SkyDog112046 wrote:Wild Card Weekend picks:
AFC:
Baltimore @ Kansas City - Ravens. Ed Reed being healthy and up to speed solidifies that defense.

New York @ Indy - Jets. If Sanchez can just be average NY should win because they are the better team. They will have to play very well to be able to overcome the pro-Indy officiating crew that will most certainly be doing their part to keep Manning and his commercials relevant as long as possible. But NY should win this game.

NFC:
New Orleans @ Seattle - Saints. This should be a blowout.

Green Bay @ Philly - Packers. GB is just a more balanced team and that defense should give Vick fits.
If you want to beat GB you have to run right at them. And have a coach that doesn't call timeout right before a 3rd and 18 first down.

$tevil
HMJ
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by HMJ »

Well the Saints didn't even show up to play against the Bucs. Blown tackles all over the place. Terrible.

I expect a blowout against the Seahawks...but we're only going to have to get through Atlanta again. God damnit.
"FUN'S OVER."
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

SkyDog112046 wrote:
poizond13 wrote:
3900 Yards
36 TDs vs 4 INTs
14-2 record

The Patriots went 11-5 without Brady in 2008 with the same team that Brady had 16-0 the year before. That's a -5 differential. It's an entirely different scenario this time around. The New England defense was near the bottom of the league for the vast majority of this season. Their kicking game isn't very good and they have short kickoffs, big returns, and a shorter field goal range now that they are without their kicker. And the offense was totally rebuilt on the fly in the middle of the season. If they had Hoyer in there instead of Brady they would be more like 4-12 this year.

As for Manning, I wonder how many of his receivers wouldn't have ended up missing games if he hadn't thrown passes that left them exposed to big hits? Does he hate Austin Collie or something? I'd say instead of a really weak 10-6 they would be more like 5-11 without Manning because they play in a pussy division.
The only team I'm as sick of hearing about around here as the Colts is the Patriots.

While We13 has helped make the Colts the most hated team on Sludge, in the rest of the world, the Patriots would have to top the list of most loathed.

Hope they both lose in embarrassing fashion.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

HMJ wrote:Well the Saints didn't even show up to play against the Bucs. Blown tackles all over the place. Terrible.
They didn't have to. Payton is 0-5 in week 17 and it doesn't really hurt him.

$tevil