The New (Spam Free) Never Ending Wrestling Thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

ozzyrulz777
On Wings of Lead

Re: The New (Spam Free) Never Ending Wrestling Thread

Post by ozzyrulz777 »

That lame ass rap Cena did last night was bullshit.
LAglamrocker
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by LAglamrocker »

you can shine Tough Enough all you want its still garbage, why "expose" the WWE farm system then complain why live events,pay per view, and ratings go lower. Thats like David Copperfield exposing his show on tv then wondering why shows have empty seats

Fresno sellout...San Diego, Honda Center dont!..thats great

The Miz will beat Cena at Mania, thats 100%

anyone going to Impact next Monday in Jim Kelly town? :D
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
TRUTHABOUTCONCERTS
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by TRUTHABOUTCONCERTS »

FullDJacket wrote:Why does Randy Orton always get a pass from wrestling fans? I don't think he he ever impressed me or made me go wow. Same thing in the elimination chamber. He took no risks, didn't put any effort into it.

Cena and Edge get a lot of hate but I think they're better in the ring than Orton.
I totally agree
Thats the TRUTH and sometimes the TRUTH hurts
TRUTHABOUTCONCERTS

ozzyrulz777 wrote:That lame ass rap Cena did last night was bullshit.
yeah but he got his heat back and that was the important thing after The Rock totally buried him last week
TRUTHABOUTCONCERTS

Rev.Sweetchops wrote:So much hype bs about 2/21/11 and it was complete garbage. Of course, WWE fumbled the ball again!!
no truer words

what a horrible follow up to a lack luster PPV.

So 2-21-11 the return of the undertaker and HHH to hype their match at Wrestlemania?? yet why?? they have built no storyline around this. simply a match for the sake of a match??

While it may be nice to have 2 more superstars back at least book something that makes sense

right now wrestlemania is shaping up to be a turd with the exception of the rock

do we really need a match between Jerry Lawler and Michael Cole?? whats the pay off other than Cole gets his ass beat, other than that its not a real draw

and what the fuck was the purpose of the tag belt switch back and forth last night? and when the hell did the talent ever have the power to envoke their rematch clause imediately after a match?

overall a pretty horrible raw to follow up a mediocre PPV

and with only 6 weeks to build to mania wwe has alot of work to do to get people interested in wrestlemania
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

Rumble was good and Chamber was a great pay per view, Wrestlemania is looking good so far

Cena vs young upstart Champ
Edge(proven legend) vs Del Rio(overnight sensation)
Punk vs Orton..2 guys in their prime at Mania
Trish returns with Kelly Kelly vs 2 best over Divas in a longtime

for fun King vs Cole or Alex Riley

Legends match Taker vs HHH(causal fan see's this and is interested) This doesnt need a belt on the line for great hype

2 new groups Nexus and The Corre will do something good

Rey and Cody will be entertaining

Money in the bank with 8-10 others
and Rock is in the building
Last edited by LAglamrocker on Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Subhuman Yeti
Headlining Clubs

Post by Subhuman Yeti »

Shitty WWE creative team headed by the DUMB AS FUCK bosses daughter books garbage.

No shit?!?!

Fresno sellout...San Diego, Honda Center dont!..thats great

What else was there to do in stinky as fuck Fresno, California (Manureland) other than smoking more meth, gang banging with other mindless rednecks over almond fields or fucking their underage cousins in Madera?

THE WWE'S TOTALLY SAD SHADOW OF IT'S FORMER SELF
MONDAY NIGHT RAW WAS IN TOWN.

:lol:

Jerry Lawler's mother really should have been on the pill!
Michael Cole's dad should still be hunted down and castrated.
"Afraid that the people might ask for a little more than the shit they get..."
Subhuman Yeti
Headlining Clubs

Post by Subhuman Yeti »

Edge(proven legend)

:lol:

LAglamrocker

Everything you post is fucking stupid.
Space Bear
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by Space Bear »

The 2/21/11 hype wasn't worth the wait, but I did enjoy the wordless drama between Taker and Trips. I want to see an entire episode of RAW done like that.
my bestest friend ever deathcurse wrote:Space Bear is boring. He'll cry about this and I won't read it because he just sucks and makes me want to get hit by a car.
Subhuman Yeti
Headlining Clubs

Post by Subhuman Yeti »

I did enjoy the wordless drama between Taker and Trips.

It entertained me better than those two have for years. Together or apart.
TheDevil'sRightHand
Jamming in Parent's Basement

Post by TheDevil'sRightHand »

TRUTHABOUTCONCERTS wrote:
Rev.Sweetchops wrote:So much hype bs about 2/21/11 and it was complete garbage. Of course, WWE fumbled the ball again!!
no truer words

So 2-21-11 the return of the undertaker and HHH to hype their match at Wrestlemania?? yet why?? they have built no storyline around this. simply a match for the sake of a match??

While it may be nice to have 2 more superstars back at least book something that makes sense

right now wrestlemania is shaping up to be a turd with the exception of the rock

do we really need a match between Jerry Lawler and Michael Cole?? whats the pay off other than Cole gets his ass beat, other than that its not a real draw

and what the fuck was the purpose of the tag belt switch back and forth last night? and when the hell did the talent ever have the power to envoke their rematch clause imediately after a match?

and with only 6 weeks to build to mania wwe has alot of work to do to get people interested in wrestlemania
2/21/11 Raw did a 3.9 rating, the highest in 8/9 years.
FullDJacket
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by FullDJacket »

Subhuman Yeti wrote:
I did enjoy the wordless drama between Taker and Trips.

It entertained me better than those two have for years. Together or apart.
:?: what about shawn micheals - undertaker last year?
Luke 16:10 "and he that is unjust in the least, is unjust also in much"
TRUTHABOUTCONCERTS

TheDevil'sRightHand wrote:
TRUTHABOUTCONCERTS wrote:
no truer words

2/21/11 Raw did a 3.9 rating, the highest in 8/9 years.
Im not surprised by the ratings spike after The Rock returned the week before and the anticipation of who was returning on 2-21-11 of which I think alot of people were hoping would be Sting.

outside of the Taker/HHH stare down which imo was ehhh blah the whole rest of the show was not a strong build to Wrestlemania right after the last PPV before WM.

just because alot of people tuned in doesn't mean it was a good show. alot of people watch Jersey Shore and that definately isn't a good show
Subhuman Yeti
Headlining Clubs

Post by Subhuman Yeti »

what about shawn micheals - undertaker last year?

I liked the workrate definitely, but thought the angle/booking, lead-up angle, move set and outcome were too predictable.

With the HHH/Taker promo, I had no idea who or what the countdown or stupid videos meant, i had no idea HHH was back to win 3 or 5 more world titles and had no idea they were going to do such a well booked live promo, or in what style.

If either one would have spoken and said the same shit they have said for 15+ years now, it would have sucked.

It was new and well done.

Especially for the always over-spoken HHH and for the nearly always boring Undertaker, IMO.

I'm pretty sure the rest of the lead up angle to the PPV will be almost the same as HBK/TAKER was.
But the lead off promo, especially after that ridiculous countdown and cheesy videos was really quite entertaining for a few minutes.

Great crowd heat, with no words or beatdowns.
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

Sting is like some minor league baseball player that has the homerun record for AAA. He's afraid to get called up to the big league.

yea people watched at a 3.9 for Sting to show up?ha,ha
Garbageman
Trashsocioculturist
Location: This is gonna be one hell of a horse race, cuz I'm riding a cheetah!

Post by Garbageman »

If they're bringing in Sting, they're better off doing it at or after Wrestlemania anyhow. If you're going to have him feud with Undertaker, set it up for a while, have them face a couple times in summer and fall then have the big blow off/rubber match at next year's Wrestlemania. The results will be better all around rather than just rushing into one 'all or nothing' match.
radiobed wrote:The bottom line is Sleek is so far from credible when discussing Poison and their impact.
"I had to work hard for my yacht. I even played with Don Dokken." Bobby Blotzer
Angry Jew
Appetite For Chinese Democracy
Location: Buffalo,NY (Lets go SABRES!)-Swinging on Axl's nuts waiting patiently for Chinese Democracy part 2

Post by Angry Jew »

TheDevil'sRightHand wrote:[2/21/11 Raw did a 3.9 rating, the highest in 8/9 years.
Bullshit. RAW did a 3.9 rating, the highest rated episode since July 2009.
Last edited by Angry Jew on Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Where's Izzy?
Angry Jew
Location: Buffalo,NY (Lets go SABRES!)-Swinging on Axl's nuts waiting patiently for Chinese Democracy part 2

Post by Angry Jew »

SIN CARA SIGNS WITH WWE

STAMFORD, Conn. – WWE today unveiled their latest Superstar signing, Sin Cara, formerly known worldwide as Mistico. The announcement took place today during a press conference in his hometown Mexico City, where passionate fans of all ages turned out to see their favorite performer become the newest addition to the WWE roster.

Having already forged a strong international fan following, Sin Cara, known for his high flying style and awe inspiring acrobatics, is expected to reach new heights of global success with WWE.

“Sin Cara is a tremendous performer who brings the crowd to its feet every time he steps into the ring,” said Stephanie McMahon, Executive Vice President, WWE. “With us, his stardom will only get bigger and brighter.”

Upon his signing, Sin Cara said, “WWE is the pinnacle of sports-entertainment. It is an honor and a thrill for me to be able to perform with the world’s best. Being a WWE Superstar will present new challenges, new mountains to climb and new competition. It is a new beginning and a new life. With that in mind, I have chosen the new name of Sin Cara in hopes to represent all the legendary Mexican masked performers and to carry the banner of their legacy to the entire world.”
Where's Izzy?
Angry Jew

Post by Angry Jew »

Triple H and The Undertaker are the ones putting together their current program for WrestleMania 27, with minimal input from WWE creative.

Taker was originally scheduled to face Wade Barrett and Triple H was set to face Sheamus at WrestleMania but the two got together and realized that WrestleMania 27 had no special match. As WWE's two most power political forces, they felt they could take control of their own angle without much in the way of outside influence.

Shawn Michaels is still expected to be introduced into the storyline and have a role at WrestleMania, possibly as a referee or an enforcer. The idea behind the storyline is that Triple H is going at Taker for revenge after Taker ended his best friend's career.

Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter
Where's Izzy?
TheDevil'sRightHand
Jamming in Parent's Basement

Post by TheDevil'sRightHand »

Angry Jew wrote:
TheDevil'sRightHand wrote:[2/21/11 Raw did a 3.9 rating, the highest in 8/9 years.
Bullshit. RAW did a 3.9 rating, the highest rated episode since July 2009.
You're totally right, apologies. I took that info from a wrestling froum, without a source nor proof.

But for the state WWE is in at the moment, 3.9 is a damn good rating.
ultraphobic71
Headlining Clubs

Post by ultraphobic71 »

So Sting came back to TNA and won the world(lol)belt from Jeff Hardy.I,for one,wished that Sting went to the WWE.Let's face it,he is the only one left that gives us "dream"matches.I would have love to see Sting Vs The Undertaker at one point.Hopefully,Dixie and Spike TV gave Sting ALOT of money for returning.
TRUTHABOUTCONCERTS

Angry Jew wrote:Triple H and The Undertaker are the ones putting together their current program for WrestleMania 27, with minimal input from WWE creative.

Taker was originally scheduled to face Wade Barrett and Triple H was set to face Sheamus at WrestleMania but the two got together and realized that WrestleMania 27 had no special match. As WWE's two most power political forces, they felt they could take control of their own angle without much in the way of outside influence.

Shawn Michaels is still expected to be introduced into the storyline and have a role at WrestleMania, possibly as a referee or an enforcer. The idea behind the storyline is that Triple H is going at Taker for revenge after Taker ended his best friend's career.

Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter
even the top tier talent realizes the booking sucks on their program and that WM was looking like a snoozefest.

well i guess Taker/HHH couldn't do any worse than the creative team could of course that means if the angle bombs they will have no one to blame but themselves
Monty610
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Monty610 »

I think Trips vs Taker will work out pretty well. Especially is HBK gets involved in some way.

Both Trips and Taker can work. And Trips always seems to give his best at 'Mania. He has done the job at 'Mania almost as much as Taker has won. So it's kinda natural...lol
Psychobolia.com wrote:...I can't wait to download and delete this new album.
Drunken_Little_Elf

Post by Drunken_Little_Elf »

ultraphobic71 wrote:So Sting came back to TNA and won the world(lol)belt from Jeff Hardy.I,for one,wished that Sting went to the WWE.Let's face it,he is the only one left that gives us "dream"matches.I would have love to see Sting Vs The Undertaker at one point.Hopefully,Dixie and Spike TV gave Sting ALOT of money for returning.
Gotta love TNA waiting a full 3 days to rip off WWE idea promo for Sting. Such a pathetic second rate company, please die TNA.
Tommy2Tone84 wrote:I know I'm dumb.
demolition23
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by demolition23 »

TRUTHABOUTCONCERTS wrote: So 2-21-11 the return of the undertaker and HHH to hype their match at Wrestlemania?? yet why?? they have built no storyline around this. simply a match for the sake of a match??
The Undertaker retired HHH's best friend at Wrestlemania last year, and HHH gave the DX chop in an obvious reference to that link.

I know it's hardly Hamlet, but it's a pretty clear storyline.
Moggio wrote:You see, the problem with you is that you act like I have no credibility or something.
PhoenixFlames wrote:AVATAR made 2.7 billion which (maths) is close to 3 x million millions!!!!!!
MetalDad72
Winning Local Battle of the Bands

Post by MetalDad72 »

2 -21-11 has come and gone with a whimper. I cannot believe that the WWE let Sting slide through with all that hype. More importantly I cannot believe Sting deep down didnt want that last ride on top. That could have been the biggest thing in wrestling in years. So we are left with Taker/HHH and Sting as the champion in a second rate wrestling organization. Fucking idiots.
Subhuman Yeti
Headlining Clubs

Post by Subhuman Yeti »

So Sting came back to TNA

Boring.
kylel
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by kylel »

Wow guys calm down. Sting just kept on for a bit. He will be at Wrestlemania. Trust me I work for WWE. :)
MetalDad72
Winning Local Battle of the Bands

Post by MetalDad72 »

How is it in the day and age of 24/7 media nobody can get an interview with Sting or the WWE? I realize that only a small group of wrestling nerds give three shits about this but I find it unbelievable that in the four weeks of speculation nobody got to either side for a quote. I cant believe that TNA and WWE are playing the middle of the field on this one.
FullDJacket
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by FullDJacket »

^ Honestrly I don't think a lot of people care about Sting. If this was Hogan or some of the top guys in the WWE media would be all over it. It might a clique of vocal fans that love Sting. I don't know.
Luke 16:10 "and he that is unjust in the least, is unjust also in much"