The New (Spam Free) Never Ending Wrestling Thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Captain Morgan
Kenny Loggins

Re: The New (Spam Free) Never Ending Wrestling Thread

Post by Captain Morgan »

FullDJacket wrote:^ Honestrly I don't think a lot of people care about Sting. If this was Hogan or some of the top guys in the WWE media would be all over it. It might a clique of vocal fans that love Sting. I don't know.
My opinion?

If it was worked right, it would be huge, especially if it was used alongside some sort of DVD highlighting Sting's career. Perhaps introduce the "WCW Legends" series of DVDs to coincide with the Road to WrestleMania in Atlanta.

Here's how I would have booked this angle, assuming Sting and WWE came to terms on a legends-type contract (similar to Diesel, something allowing a match every now and then but not extensive touring):

1. As soon as the WrestleMania promos were being hyped, start airing some sort of WCW legends DVD set. Introduce the Undertaker's return earlier than 2/21/11, perhaps after the Royal Rumble. Keep airing interviews with him, saying that he's accomplished everything in his career, but that he keeps having this nightmare. Each week, he reveals a bit of the nightmare, building up the illusion of Sting. He says he's focused on Wade Barrett, and that his nightmare can wait.

2. During Undertaker's celebration at WrestleMania, the lights cut out and a spotlight roams the arena, remaining fixated on the rafters. All of a sudden, Sting is visable to the crowd and points his bat at Undertaker. WrestleMania closes with unanswered questions, building up hype for live programming the following week. On Raw, it is announced that Sting will arrive at Smackdown to confront the Undertaker. As Smackdown unfolds, Undertaker calls out Sting, who remains in the rafters yet somehow alludes to a match at the next pay per view. In the upcoming weeks, Undertaker becomes unhinged, frightened by his nightmare and the visions of Sting. Allow Undertaker to turn into a complete monster, destroying everything in his path out of fear. Finally, before the pay per view, have Undertaker announce that his match with Sting will be a casket match so that he can put his fears to bed.

3. BRING BACK THE BACKLASH PAY PER VIEW. Nothing captured the aftermath quite like Backlash, and this is the time to get rid of another gimmick show. Allow Undertaker to gain an upperhand in the match until Paul Bearer misfires in an attempt to bring the Undertaker into solace, giving Sting the chance to capitalize on the match and close the casket on Undertaker. Soon after, Kane appears and locks Sting in the casket as well, sending the casket and both men into a fire. Both men disappear, leaving everyone to question whether or not Undertaker was able to put his nightmare at rest.

I haven't developed anything past this point, but I think neither Undertaker or Sting would appear for months, at least until Hell in a Cell when they confront each other again.
Captain Morgan
Kenny Loggins

Post by Captain Morgan »

On a side note - caught TNA live yesterday in Richmond. I have to say I was pretty impressed and the entire roster was highly accessible and friendly to everyone.

As nutty as the Hardys come off - they were super nice guys and took time with everyone and told them how they appreciated everyone coming out. I was pretty surprised after everything in the news about them lately...

I did get a pic with Mick Foley - that was pretty cool.
ultraphobic71
Headlining Clubs

Post by ultraphobic71 »

Why Sting Explains why he didnt go to the WWE .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktxW0vidElE
LAglamrocker
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by LAglamrocker »

Sting stay away you dont get what WWE is. I hope Vince never gives him a legends contract

Gillberg shoud appear at Mania as S.T.I.N.K with a toy r us bat swinging at everyone
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
Captain Morgan
Kenny Loggins

Post by Captain Morgan »

LAglamrocker wrote:Sting stay away you dont get what WWE is. I hope Vince never gives him a legends contract

Gillberg shoud appear at Mania as S.T.I.N.K with a toy r us bat swinging at everyone
Jesus, that would be funny. :lol:
ozzyrulz777
On Wings of Lead

Post by ozzyrulz777 »

I think Sting just fucked up by going with TNA.
Captain Morgan
Kenny Loggins

Post by Captain Morgan »

ozzyrulz777 wrote:I think Sting just fucked up by going with TNA.
The timing was perfect for a WWE debut - even if it wasn't a full time schedule. Sign 'em to a few matches, get him the DVD/merch deal, and let him retire on top.
Sinderella
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Sinderella »

There was way too much talking/promos tonight. Every 5 minutes somebody was talking. The Rock kinda lost the crowd there for a bit, but I am still happy to see him back. If this doesnt end in a match I will be scratching my head
Headlining Clubs

Post by Subhuman Yeti »

The Rock was way too long nearly completely boring.
(and he's not going to wrestle!)

Just pointless at most parts of his promo.

He ended it by calling Cena a bitch on the politically correct PG13 after prime time kiddie show Raw, so I laughed.

1 laugh doesn't sell me a PPV

You are failing miserably Vince.
"Afraid that the people might ask for a little more than the shit they get..."
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

The Rocks interview was great it felt "real"

damn Buffalo got raped, 1st sellout in awhile

Raw
Cena beat Riley cage
Bourne wins over Sheamus..very short not even a match
Divas Battle Royal..short lame
Orton vs jobber

but lots of interviews

HHH
Cole
Rock
HBK
bad night in Buffalo
Captain Morgan
Kenny Loggins

Post by Captain Morgan »

They're setting up a heel turn for Cena...or so I hope.

I think Vince realized the only way to build true heat on Cena was to bring in a HUGE fan favorite - and Rocky fits that bill.

Personally, I'd love to see Rock beat the crap out of Cena at WM27.
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

Raw dropped from 3.9 to 3.8

The Sting IMPACT is huge
Subhuman Yeti
Headlining Clubs

Post by Subhuman Yeti »

Am I the only one who reads this thread....

Who has always hated sting as the mental illness crow character brooding on the catwalk with his weak predictable moveset, sub par workrate, his stupid over-padded ring gear and his even stupider bat?
Monty610
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Monty610 »

*raises hand*

I've always thought Sting was overrated. But then 'Taker is overrated as well. I still think him and Trips can pull off a great match, but it's not gonna compare to Taker/HBK of the last 2 years...
Psychobolia.com wrote:...I can't wait to download and delete this new album.
Captain Morgan
Kenny Loggins

Post by Captain Morgan »

Monty610 wrote:*raises hand*

I've always thought Sting was overrated. But then 'Taker is overrated as well. I still think him and Trips can pull off a great match, but it's not gonna compare to Taker/HBK of the last 2 years...
Sting might not be everyone's favorite - but goddamn it, I'll take a Sting match over Cena/Orton anyday.
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

i've always liked the crow gimmick but always said he was WAY over rated. he's a shitty worker. he has no skills.

i actually think undertaker might be under rated. his matches are always solid. moves great for a huge, old dead guy.
nakedmadman
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by nakedmadman »

Subhuman Yeti wrote:Am I the only one who reads this thread....

Who has always hated sting as the mental illness crow character brooding on the catwalk with his weak predictable moveset, sub par workrate, his stupid over-padded ring gear and his even stupider bat?
I fell off the Sting bandwagon way back when he went to the Crow ripoff. I miss the Ultimate Warrior wannabe makeup and the blond flat top. That's when Sting could wrestle.
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

S.T.I.N.K why be at Wrestlemania in front of 70,000 and millions worldwide.

this was the right choice for you, glad you will never be in WWE loser fuck!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jECN6WMOPg

tonight after he wins! 4th oldest champ ever. LOSER!!
Captain Morgan
Kenny Loggins

Post by Captain Morgan »

I think it'd be funny if Shawn Michaels came out in the Sting gear and trying to fool everyone during the HHH/Taker match. Would be classic DX.
Subhuman Yeti
Headlining Clubs

Post by Subhuman Yeti »

I'll take a Sting match over Cena/Orton anyday.

Ultimate Warrior wannabe makeup and the blond flat top. That's when Sting could wrestle.
I agree.
Better work rate, better promos/interviews, better angles/booking, actually entertaining matches

When he went crow and wasted a year stalking Hollywood Hogan from the rafters before the worst payoff match after a year-long build up angle ever.... his entire character/work rate just turned to shit.

He has never recovered.

He really should have went back to the Stinger after further burying the stupid crow after his first few months in tna.
Captain Morgan
Kenny Loggins

Post by Captain Morgan »

Subhuman Yeti wrote:
I'll take a Sting match over Cena/Orton anyday.

Ultimate Warrior wannabe makeup and the blond flat top. That's when Sting could wrestle.
I agree.
Better work rate, better promos/interviews, better angles/booking, actually entertaining matches

When he went crow and wasted a year stalking Hollywood Hogan from the rafters before the worst payoff match after a year-long build up angle ever.... his entire character/work rate just turned to shit.

He has never recovered.

He really should have went back to the Stinger after further burying the stupid crow after his first few months in tna.
I think the "Crow" angle should have ended once his feud with Hogan ended in WCW. Wolfpac Sting should have remained, even if the nWo was a clusterfuck at the end of WCW's tenure. I liked that Sting. He came out, kicked ass, and that was it. No hiding in the dark, just calling guys out and winning.
Angry Jew
Appetite For Chinese Democracy
Location: Buffalo,NY (Lets go SABRES!)-Swinging on Axl's nuts waiting patiently for Chinese Democracy part 2

Post by Angry Jew »

I went to RAW in Buffalo this week. It was a legit sell out. I think many people were expecting The Rock to be there live. I have a bunch of pics from the show if anyone is interested.

It seems to me they are building towards Rock/Cena at SummerSlam in LA this year. Maybe Rock will cost Cena his match vs. Miz since everyone is expecting Cena to go over. Del Rio will probably beat Edge so maybe Taker/HHH will close the show?
Where's Izzy?
bigbuttskinner
Headlining Clubs

Post by bigbuttskinner »

Seeing HHH referred to as "Trips" makes me wanna stab someone! Stop it! haha
michelish wrote: VH album will be dropping first half of 2019. Album has been completed for a few months. They've been recording on and off since just after last tour.Finalizing title and artwork.
Nitrorulz wrote: I predict “The Dirt” will do double that.
referring to Queen movie
Subhuman Yeti
Headlining Clubs

Post by Subhuman Yeti »

Seeing HHH referred to as "Trips" makes me wanna stab someone!

Unless it's referring to "...and then HHH trips on the icy walkway and eats shit".
Captain Morgan
Kenny Loggins

Post by Captain Morgan »

Subhuman Yeti wrote:
Seeing HHH referred to as "Trips" makes me wanna stab someone!

Unless it's referring to "...and then HHH trips on the icy walkway and eats shit".
:lol:
Subhuman Yeti
Headlining Clubs

Post by Subhuman Yeti »

Vince does dumbass things ( A LOT ) but I don't see him purposely risking the chance of losing that giant chunk of Cena's merch sales from the cash-bleeding WWE by making him go heel.

I think the Rock and Cena will continue to verbally spar for months after WM, whether the Rock costs him the title or not and Vince will probably drag this angle to Summer Slam easily, more likely Survivor Series and as a face vs face angle.

Rock can't go heel, the crowd won't buy it and the kids buying Cena purple or orange merch won't keep their extra cash flowing if Cena attempted to go heel at this point.
Captain Morgan
Kenny Loggins

Post by Captain Morgan »

Subhuman Yeti wrote:

Vince does dumbass things ( A LOT ) but I don't see him purposely risking the chance of losing that giant chunk of Cena's merch sales from the cash-bleeding WWE by making him go heel.

I think the Rock and Cena will continue to verbally spar for months after WM, whether the Rock costs him the title or not and Vince will probably drag this angle to Summer Slam easily, more likely Survivor Series and as a face vs face angle.

Rock can't go heel, the crowd won't buy it and the kids buying Cena purple or orange merch won't keep their extra cash flowing if Cena attempted to go heel at this point.
Yeti - a serious question, as you seem to be just as critical as I am of the WWE's current product.

How much longer do you see them milking the Cena cash cow? To me, the audience overall (or at least the verbal part) seems to collectively groan anytime Cena is involved in ANYTHING. Orton is the one that seems to be more "over" with the audience as a whole, so I could buy them trying to shove him to the top.

How do you think they'll (eventually, or hopefully...) turn Cena? I personally thought that The Rock was brought in to help plant the seeds of it, but I'd like to hear your thoughts on it.
Captain Morgan
Kenny Loggins

Post by Captain Morgan »

On a side note - regardless what you may think of Sting, Jeff Hardy looked like the 52 year old man in that match tonight. Yikes.

Seems like they're reaching for a "combo" Sting - I see parts of each of his past gimmicks in his return tonight.
Subhuman Yeti
Headlining Clubs

Post by Subhuman Yeti »

How much longer do you see them milking the Cena cash cow?

For every last drop. Some of the crowd groans, but Vince just makes up for a less Cena sales with all of his other moderately expensive things sold to the groaners.
I saw several groups of fans on the last RAW wearing just bought Nexus shirts. New shirts, old Nexus.

Those groups of teens probably groan during Cena's promos and entrances but then pop for his finishes and then probably buy a Cena shirt and some other fruity crap for their sister back home.

And good guy or bad guy (like he was at first as a rapper) WWE faithful fans tend to buy every PPV and DVD to watch the present stars win or lose.
I'd bet some Cena haters collect WWE DVDs of the matches he gets his ass kicked during and/or gets hurt in.

Vince scores either way as long as Cena is still shoved in the WWE public's faces. Face or heel, liked or hated.

I just don't see the WWE actually wanting to turn Cena heel, for whatever reason.

He does sell a lot of face merch being a goody goody movie star wanna-be Marine always smiling like he's mental role model stiff blue collar pole up his ass face character. I'm kinda surprised Vince hasn't made him even more cop-like, now that I think about it.

And Cena really hasn't reached Hulk Hogan overblown proportions like Hogan when his previous decades of shoved down every living persons throat planet-wide finally caught up to him in WCW.
Captain Morgan
Kenny Loggins

Post by Captain Morgan »

Subhuman Yeti wrote:
How much longer do you see them milking the Cena cash cow?

For every last drop. Some of the crowd groans, but Vince just makes up for a less Cena sales with all of his other moderately expensive things sold to the groaners.
I saw several groups of fans on the last RAW wearing just bought Nexus shirts. New shirts, old Nexus.

Those groups of teens probably groan during Cena's promos and entrances but then pop for his finishes and then probably buy a Cena shirt and some other fruity crap for their sister back home.

And good guy or bad guy (like he was at first as a rapper) WWE faithful fans tend to buy every PPV and DVD to watch the present stars win or lose.
I'd bet some Cena haters collect WWE DVDs of the matches he gets his ass kicked during and/or gets hurt in.

Vince scores either way as long as Cena is still shoved in the WWE public's faces. Face or heel, liked or hated.

I just don't see the WWE actually wanting to turn Cena heel, for whatever reason.

He does sell a lot of face merch being a goody goody movie star wanna-be Marine always smiling like he's mental role model stiff blue collar pole up his ass face character. I'm kinda surprised Vince hasn't made him even more cop-like, now that I think about it.

And Cena really hasn't reached Hulk Hogan overblown proportions like Hogan when his previous decades of shoved down every living persons throat planet-wide finally caught up to him in WCW.
Interesting aspect that Vince is hanging on to the guys buying merch/DVDs just to spite Cena.

I really think that Cena should have a new character, even if he remains a face. Something like a "hulked up" militant version of himself - maybe they should have done more with the "Chain Gang" slogan years back.

I think Cena is one of their hardest workers, but as a fan who has watched him since his beginning, he's grown stale. My brother even stated that his gimmick has grown old, even mentioning a heel turn would make him interesting again (and he hasn't watched in years...until the other night). Regardless, Cena needs a new character direction and perhaps part of the reason he seems stale is that his promo skills are cheesy. Keep him quiet, like Orton, and just have him increase his intensity. That way, he tones town his goofiness and can still remain a favorite.

But what the hell do I know - the WWE manages to fuck up a good thing.