The official NHL thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

jellyheadrobertson
Playing Frat Parties

Re: The official NHL thread

Post by jellyheadrobertson »

chungasrevenge wrote:Keep the fucking Canadiens away in the playoffs. Evil bastards. You may have won the battle, but you haven't won the...ah, fuck it.

EDIT: Chara is going to catch a shitstorm for that hit.
That was brutal.
John Simon Ritchie
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by John Simon Ritchie »

jellyheadrobertson wrote:
chungasrevenge wrote:Keep the fucking Canadiens away in the playoffs. Evil bastards. You may have won the battle, but you haven't won the...ah, fuck it.

That was brutal.

Holy shit! He looked dead.
http://aol.sportingnews.com/nhl/story/2 ... ed-off-ice
"I was looking for that great jazz note that destroyed the walls of Jericho." - The Clash, The Sound Of Sinners
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

Facedown wrote:
Kid-Wicked wrote:canucks have the best goals against in the league right now
As of yesterday:

Canucks GA - 155
Predators GA - 153
Bruins GA - 152
my mistake. that should have read "best goals against average". the canucks have allowed a few more goals because they've played more games. real close battle though.
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

We own you dude. Always have, always will. Sorry, but it is what it is.

Chara is fucked. He raised his arm and propelled Pacioretty into the glass. I'd guess he's suspended for the season when you factor in the history. You will see, Campbell won't be able to rule on this, as his son plays for the Bruins. Gary Bettman will conduct the hearing and throw the book at the big freak of nature.
chungasrevenge
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by chungasrevenge »

WOLF wrote:

We own you dude. Always have, always will. Sorry, but it is what it is.

Chara is fucked. He raised his arm and propelled Pacioretty into the glass. I'd guess he's suspended for the season when you factor in the history. You will see, Campbell won't be able to rule on this, as his son plays for the Bruins. Gary Bettman will conduct the hearing and throw the book at the big freak of nature.
I know, believe me I know. What a miserable night and the hangover to show for it.

Also why did Julien play Rask? You have to go with your #1 in a game that big.

Watch Chara get suspended for the year and the Bruins season end before the playoffs. I'm going to go drive off a cliff now.
Kerry King's Pentagram
Asskicker in Training

Post by Kerry King's Pentagram »

NeverSurrender wrote:Isn't it ironic that somebody in the UK can watch hockey on ESPN America, but in America, ESPN doesn't have hockey?
Really? That's surprising. Do NBC have exclusive rights to US broadcasts of NHL games (I was watching the NBC feed on ESPN America) or do other networks show games as well?

"Hey Butt-Head. What did people do before TV?" "Don't be stupid, Beavis. There's always been TV. There's just more channels now." "Oh yeah, progress is cool!"
chungasrevenge

Post by chungasrevenge »

Mckenzie is guessing 2 games for Chara. Sounds good to me.
Kerry King's Pentagram
Asskicker in Training

chungasrevenge wrote:Mckenzie is guessing 2 games for Chara. Sounds good to me.
That's good news. What do you reckon are the Bruins' prospects at this season's play-offs. They're pretty high up in the league rankings so I'd say they've have a good chance at success.

"Hey Butt-Head. What did people do before TV?" "Don't be stupid, Beavis. There's always been TV. There's just more channels now." "Oh yeah, progress is cool!"
LetUsPrey
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by LetUsPrey »

Julien needs to go. Starting Tuukka against the Hab's? Get the fuck outta here.
chungasrevenge

Post by chungasrevenge »

Kerry King's Pentagram wrote:
chungasrevenge wrote:Mckenzie is guessing 2 games for Chara. Sounds good to me.
That's good news. What do you reckon are the Bruins' prospects at this season's play-offs. They're pretty high up in the league rankings so I'd say they've have a good chance at success.
They have a pretty good chance if the power play improves and Thomas is in top form. Size wise they probably have enough for a long run. Not having to play Montreal would help. I'd probably say Detroit for the cup, but B's have a chance to get there if everything breaks right.
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

Kerry King's Pentagram wrote:
NeverSurrender wrote:Isn't it ironic that somebody in the UK can watch hockey on ESPN America, but in America, ESPN doesn't have hockey?
Really? That's surprising. Do NBC have exclusive rights to US broadcasts of NHL games (I was watching the NBC feed on ESPN America) or do other networks show games as well?

Most of us can watch our local NHL team on basic cable. The NHL network and VERSUS show games. I got NHL center ice and can watch any game I want.
NBC shows games, but only show a handful of teams. Wings and Pens being the two they show the most.
Kerry King's Pentagram
Asskicker in Training

NeverSurrender wrote:Most of us can watch our local NHL team on basic cable. The NHL network and VERSUS show games. I got NHL center ice and can watch any game I want.
NBC shows games, but only show a handful of teams. Wings and Pens being the two they show the most.
Ah, right. Thanks for the explanation. ESPN America has the exclusive rights to UK screenings of games. Their feed is sourced from either NBC or CBC. We even get a second or two of NBC promos before it cuts to ESPN America's promos!

WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

Laughable that Chara got nothing for essentially breaking a guys neck and playing the "I didn't mean to do it" card. He got the star player treatment, and it's sad.

- Pacioretty had long since gotten rid of the puck
- Chara knew exactly where he was and what the result could be if he hit Pacioretty
- Chara hit him viciously anyways - and IMO raised his arm and steered Max Pac into the metal divider

I don't think the NHL will get it until someone dies and then law enforcement and governments get involved. Sad. I just hope Pacioretty is OK, as he's a good young player that anyone would want on their team.

As for the B's, Julien could lose the team over starting Rask. Hell, it looks like they were lost from the start yesterday. Sitting Thomas, clearly because he tends to struggle against the Habs, was the wrong thing to do. It shows a lack of confidence in Thomas and could really fuck the psyche of a team. Bad move IMO. It's a big game, go with your best. Don't be a puss.

I guess the league will be all over the final regular season meeting between these teams, and the hockey gods probably will see to it that they match up in the playoffs. Like I said, I like my Habs chances against the B's.
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

Funny I was just bitching about favortism towards the Bruins.

They let Lucic crosscheck people in the back of the head and now this.
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

i don't think he meant to stick him into the turnbuckle. he wasn't even looking at him.

but he still needs to be held accountable for his actions. he should have got 2 games.
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

Kid-Wicked wrote:i don't think he meant to stick him into the turnbuckle. he wasn't even looking at him.

but he still needs to be held accountable for his actions. he should have got 2 games.
You think? Avery got 6 games for insulting a guys girlfriend. Wisniewski got 2 games for an obscene gesture. Hell, Chara only broke a guys neck!
SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

Chara's hit was completely legal. Pacioretty was chasing the puck and could have had a breakaway so Chara went to check him to slow him down. If that had happened 10' in either direction Pacioretty would have bounced off the boards and gotten right back up and this wouldn't even be a story.

And tell Marc Savard that the Bruins receive favored treatment. Matt Cooke hit him in the head and ended his season and got nothing for it.
chungasrevenge

Post by chungasrevenge »

The Habs and B's would open up against each other in the first round based on the current standings.
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

"Chara's hit was completely legal."
He got a game misconduct. Yeah, really legal.
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

SkyDog112046 wrote:Chara's hit was completely legal. Pacioretty was chasing the puck and could have had a breakaway so Chara went to check him to slow him down. If that had happened 10' in either direction Pacioretty would have bounced off the boards and gotten right back up and this wouldn't even be a story.

And tell Marc Savard that the Bruins receive favored treatment. Matt Cooke hit him in the head and ended his season and got nothing for it.
The hit didn't take place anywhere else on the ice. Chara took advantage of where he and Pacioretty were to inflict damage on the kid. People keep blaming the stanchion. That's stupid. Chara's the one who rammed Pacioretty's head into the thing. I played hockey, at a high level, for a long time. Chara knew where he was, and what he was doing. He's playing dumb and the NHL can't do anything about it because they can't prove intent or malice.
LetUsPrey
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by LetUsPrey »

One of the guys from Sportsnet had an interesting view of the incident-

In Pacioretty's case, the smaller Canadiens forward had a running grudge going with Chara. He knew it was there, after opening the feud with an ill-advised shove after his overtime winner by Montreal on Jan. 8. Pacioretty never backed down from Chara, yapping and sparring with the giant Bruins d-man over the course of the next two games.

Now Pacioretty is coming down the wing. The score is 4-0 Montreal, with seconds left in Period 2. He knows Chara wants to crank him. He can see the partition coming.

Pacioretty had every reason to believe he was entering a very dangerous spot, yet he went in there like a defenceman turning his back to the ice, counting on the rulebook to protect him.
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

LetUsPrey wrote:One of the guys from Sportsnet had an interesting view of the incident-

In Pacioretty's case, the smaller Canadiens forward had a running grudge going with Chara. He knew it was there, after opening the feud with an ill-advised shove after his overtime winner by Montreal on Jan. 8. Pacioretty never backed down from Chara, yapping and sparring with the giant Bruins d-man over the course of the next two games.

Now Pacioretty is coming down the wing. The score is 4-0 Montreal, with seconds left in Period 2. He knows Chara wants to crank him. He can see the partition coming.

Pacioretty had every reason to believe he was entering a very dangerous spot, yet he went in there like a defenceman turning his back to the ice, counting on the rulebook to protect him.
So blame the victim...

I suppose it was Patrice Bergeron's fault that Randy Jones saw his numbers for an hour and still cranked him.
Facedown

Post by Facedown »

WOLF wrote: Hell, Chara only broke a guys neck!
No, he didn't.
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
Anne_Thrax
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by Anne_Thrax »

I am by NO MEANS a Bruins fan, but apparently the Montreal police are now involved, because a bunch of Habs fans called 911 when it happened. REALLY GUYS?
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

Good game between the Canucks and Sharks tonight. Hate the Sharks so very sweet beating them on their own ice.
GrayAntiMatter wrote:EVH

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
chungasrevenge

Post by chungasrevenge »

Anne_Thrax wrote:I am by NO MEANS a Bruins fan, but apparently the Montreal police are now involved, because a bunch of Habs fans called 911 when it happened. REALLY GUYS?
Laughable. If the roles were reversed and Chara was on the receiving end of that hit you wouldn't have heard a whisper about it. The only reason anybody gives a shit is because it happened against a precious Canadien player. Floppers and whiners.
SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

chungasrevenge wrote:
Anne_Thrax wrote:I am by NO MEANS a Bruins fan, but apparently the Montreal police are now involved, because a bunch of Habs fans called 911 when it happened. REALLY GUYS?
Laughable. If the roles were reversed and Chara was on the receiving end of that hit you wouldn't have heard a whisper about it. The only reason anybody gives a shit is because it happened against a precious Canadien player. Floppers and whiners.
Yup. They ought to change their uniform colors from red, blue & white to pink, teal & yellow.
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

Yeah, nobody heard a whisper about the Bergeron and Savard hits....

:roll:
Facedown

Post by Facedown »

WOLF wrote:Yeah, nobody heard a whisper about the Bergeron and Savard hits....

:roll:
Certainly, nobody called the cops.
TOO MANY MEN ON THE ICE!!!!
INVESTIGATE!!!!!
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.