Steve Blake LA Lakers

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Steve Blake LA Lakers

Post by yeahbuddy »

This guy is killing me. He has been a major bust this season. When they signed him, I thought it was a great signing, not anymore. I never thought I would say this but I wish Farmar was still on the team. At least the guy created his own shot at times as well as hitting threes. Blake isnt doing either. He plays some defense, but his offense is non existent.
ParaDime77
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Re: Steve Blake LA Lakers

Post by ParaDime77 »

They should have traded for Kirk Heinrich instead. Blake doesn't fit into anything the Lakers are doing this season.
Everyone Is Someone Else's Bitch
Trip
Playing Frat Parties

Post by Trip »

Lakers problems go far deeper than with Blake... They are old and showing it!
ParaDime77

Post by ParaDime77 »

Word is: Gasol's old lady canned him before the start of the playoffs and he's so fucking lost about it he can barely play, allegedly one of the other Laker wives is behind the break-up. Now we know what Bynum meant by "trust issues".
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

ParaDime77 wrote:Word is: Gasol's old lady canned him before the start of the playoffs and he's so fucking lost about it he can barely play, allegedly one of the other Laker wives is behind the break-up. Now we know what Bynum meant by "trust issues".
didnt hear about this,
expand some more on this if you can,

I dont think age has anything thing to do with it. Although Fisher does get torched by pretty much every opposing team's point guard on a nightly basis, and he is one of the elder statesmen on the Lakers.
Heinrich would have been a good fit. I thought Blake would be as well, but obviously something isnt working right.
Personally I think it is the bench, and the fact that the Lakers have been to the finals the last 3 years in a row, which equals almost another full season of basketball in that 3 years.
Subhuman Yeti
Headlining Clubs

Post by Subhuman Yeti »

Pau has been playing spotty lazy unfocused weak defense off and on all season... losing some bird and then playing shitty is no acceptable excuse

Hopefully his unfocused lack of effort bullshit should be out of LA before next season.

I like Pau, but I like LAKE SHOW winners a lot more... and he has obviously lost the desire he had to win... so he really has no place as a LAKER anymore.
"Afraid that the people might ask for a little more than the shit they get..."
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

Subhuman Yeti wrote:Pau has been playing spotty lazy unfocused weak defense off and on all season... losing some bird and then playing shitty is no acceptable excuse

Hopefully his unfocused lack of effort bullshit should be out of LA before next season.

I like Pau, but I like LAKE SHOW winners a lot more... and he has obviously lost the desire he had to win... so he really has no place as a LAKER anymore.
He had a good first month of season, but ever since then, he has been very mediocre. I would always say that Pau was better than Dirk, but after watching the first two games of this series, not so.
Subhuman Yeti
Headlining Clubs

Post by Subhuman Yeti »

Failure to win another NBA championship could cost Lakers more than a trophy

Derek Fisher has warned teammates that if they don't win a third consecutive title, the team could experience an overhaul before next season. The Lakers are down, 0-2, in the Western Conference semifinals.

By Broderick Turner

May 5, 2011, 6:30 p.m.

About two weeks ago, Derek Fisher gathered together his teammates and told them to look around the room.

He warned all the Lakers that if they don't reach their goal of winning a third consecutive NBA championship, next season the faces on the team could look quite different.

Fisher pointed out that the possibility of the Lakers' management making changes was realistic because it happened to him during his first tour with the Lakers.

"We discussed that buttons will be pushed," Fisher said after practice Thursday. "That's the reality, and it's business with this team. You have to understand it and appreciate it for what it is. I think guys understand it."

The Lakers began the season as the favorites to win the title, but their hopes are fading because of the 0-2 deficit they face against the Dallas Mavericks in the Western Conference semifinals. Games 3 and 4 are in Dallas this weekend.

It's already a given that Lakers Coach Phil Jackson will retire after the season.

When the Lakers lost their bid to win a fourth consecutive title in 2003 by losing to the San Antonio Spurs in the second round, Robert Horry and Brian Shaw, two staples of the three-peat, were not retained.

The Lakers had nine new players on the 2003-04 team.

"When it doesn't work out and you have the talent that this team has, you think going forward, it's not going to be the same afterwards if you don't get through it," said Shaw on Thursday. Shaw, now an assistant coach with the Lakers, will be one of the candidates to replace Jackson.

If the Lakers fail to win a title this season, "it's not going to be all the same guys and the same faces around anymore," Shaw said.

In 2004 the Lakers lost in the NBA Finals to the Detroit Pistons and the team made more changes, bringing in 10 new players and another coach. Jackson left (but was rehired a year later), Shaquille O'Neal and Rick Fox were traded and Fisher was allowed to leave.

"If you want to stay on this bus and take this ride and play for the Lakers and everything that this brings to you, then do everything humanly possible to push through," Fisher said. "Management is still going to make decisions that they feel like are best. But the best way to impact that decision is to win."

Shaw heard the Lakers fans booing Wednesday night, even hearing one fan say, "I want my money back."

He understood their sentiment, knowing that Lakers fans and management are all about winning championships.

"If [players] like the palm trees, the sunny weather and the pretty women in L.A. and the other stuff that comes along with it, if you want to keep it, then you better come with it," Shaw said. "If you don't, there are a whole bunch of other guys that would love to be in this position. And this organization is not going to sit around and wait."

http://www.latimes.com/sports/basketbal ... 7653.story
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

Subhuman Yeti wrote:
Failure to win another NBA championship could cost Lakers more than a trophy

Derek Fisher has warned teammates that if they don't win a third consecutive title, the team could experience an overhaul before next season. The Lakers are down, 0-2, in the Western Conference semifinals.

By Broderick Turner

May 5, 2011, 6:30 p.m.

About two weeks ago, Derek Fisher gathered together his teammates and told them to look around the room.

He warned all the Lakers that if they don't reach their goal of winning a third consecutive NBA championship, next season the faces on the team could look quite different.

Fisher pointed out that the possibility of the Lakers' management making changes was realistic because it happened to him during his first tour with the Lakers.

"We discussed that buttons will be pushed," Fisher said after practice Thursday. "That's the reality, and it's business with this team. You have to understand it and appreciate it for what it is. I think guys understand it."

The Lakers began the season as the favorites to win the title, but their hopes are fading because of the 0-2 deficit they face against the Dallas Mavericks in the Western Conference semifinals. Games 3 and 4 are in Dallas this weekend.

It's already a given that Lakers Coach Phil Jackson will retire after the season.

When the Lakers lost their bid to win a fourth consecutive title in 2003 by losing to the San Antonio Spurs in the second round, Robert Horry and Brian Shaw, two staples of the three-peat, were not retained.

The Lakers had nine new players on the 2003-04 team.

"When it doesn't work out and you have the talent that this team has, you think going forward, it's not going to be the same afterwards if you don't get through it," said Shaw on Thursday. Shaw, now an assistant coach with the Lakers, will be one of the candidates to replace Jackson.

If the Lakers fail to win a title this season, "it's not going to be all the same guys and the same faces around anymore," Shaw said.

In 2004 the Lakers lost in the NBA Finals to the Detroit Pistons and the team made more changes, bringing in 10 new players and another coach. Jackson left (but was rehired a year later), Shaquille O'Neal and Rick Fox were traded and Fisher was allowed to leave.

"If you want to stay on this bus and take this ride and play for the Lakers and everything that this brings to you, then do everything humanly possible to push through," Fisher said. "Management is still going to make decisions that they feel like are best. But the best way to impact that decision is to win."

Shaw heard the Lakers fans booing Wednesday night, even hearing one fan say, "I want my money back."

He understood their sentiment, knowing that Lakers fans and management are all about winning championships.

"If [players] like the palm trees, the sunny weather and the pretty women in L.A. and the other stuff that comes along with it, if you want to keep it, then you better come with it," Shaw said. "If you don't, there are a whole bunch of other guys that would love to be in this position. And this organization is not going to sit around and wait."

http://www.latimes.com/sports/basketbal ... 7653.story
Good article and very true. Buss has always let a team defend title. When that doesnt happen, they retool. This past season they retooled their bench while other teams retooled major parts.
My guess is the only two players guaranteed to comeback next year are Kobe & Bynum. They only trade Bynum if there is an offer that is a great offer (an A grade player thats not named Carmello). Everybody else can be had for the right price. I love Lamar, Pau, Artest, etc etc, but business is business.
Subhuman Yeti
Headlining Clubs

Post by Subhuman Yeti »

Bryant, Bynum and Odom have the potential makings of LAKER legends... everyone else should seriously be on the trade block.

At this point I'd actually much rather have Powell, Mbenga, Farmar, Vuvacic and Benchwarmer fu Manchu Morrison, than Blake (he's certainly not black, and definitely plays like it), Matt born in a Barnes (his mother was dropping puppies while in a tattoo shop obviously), Trey "Disappearing Act" Johnson, those 2 fucking useless 'later than Round 50' rookies and the lesser talented/cheaper/blacker Sasha-replacement Joe "I am REALLY FUCKING USELESS" Smith.

...and fuck at this point I'd even take ex-LAKER Ariza... who made a lot of baskets, showed a shitload of effort and played good defense every night vs the Lakers in a mostly weak LAKER showing in Round 1.

UNLIKE screwball brick thrower suspended at the most critical fucking time dumbass ARTEST.

Fucking Artest is obviously now seriously mentally crippled at both ends of the fucking court because his therapist won't let him let out his inner-Rodman and do his hair multiple colors of gay.

I'll be getting extra stoned and hoping for an overly extended NBA lockout
and/or Kupchak cleaning - fucking - house.

Lazy - fucking - unfocused - fucking - bullshit, does not win championships.
Especially not 3 in a row.

If you aren't in LA to win rings, go the fuck away, collect fucking stupid tattoos and release fucking shitty CDs in other 3rd world US cities.

Wanna smoke a fat bowl of 707 Headband?

Haha, none for you.
*flick*
Wants to Sniff the Mod's G-String

Post by *flick* »

Lakers get old and self implode...Lakers steal a center from the Magic. Will history repeat itself?
nycrue wrote:Magic Wand Original ‏@HitachiMagic 14 Feb 12
RT @hollywoodrose: the more I look at dating websites the more I know its gonna be just me and my @HitachiMagic for my whole life
djwill665
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by djwill665 »

LAKERS DOA. NO NBA team has come back to win a playoff series.
Dallas will not choke this away.

Fun while it lasted LA. :D
Last edited by djwill665 on Sat May 07, 2011 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
ParaDime77

Post by ParaDime77 »

No worries for next year when Howard and Tayshaun Prince are wearing the purple and gold.
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

ParaDime77 wrote:No worries for next year when Howard and Tayshaun Prince are wearing the purple and gold.
What becomes of Bynum?
Skate4RnR

Post by Skate4RnR »

"Next year...this and that" is what Pee13 always says when his Colts choke.
ImageImageImage
ParaDime77

Post by ParaDime77 »

yeahbuddy wrote:
ParaDime77 wrote:No worries for next year when Howard and Tayshaun Prince are wearing the purple and gold.
What becomes of Bynum?
Bynum is the bargaining chip for a big trade.
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

If or when they lose this series with the Mavs expect the Lakers to somewhat clean house. Either Gasol or Bynum will be gone, maybe Lamar depending on what is in the works.
ParaDime77

Post by ParaDime77 »

yeahbuddy wrote:If or when they lose this series with the Mavs expect the Lakers to somewhat clean house. Either Gasol or Bynum will be gone, maybe Lamar depending on what is in the works.
If they lose today Gasol is going to be the scapegoat, deservedly so, he should be exiled back to Spain after this past season.
Skate4RnR

Post by Skate4RnR »

I'm usually wrong but they shouldn't let Lamar go, he's the one with a TV show.
ImageImageImage
WhiteHouseSubsAC
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by WhiteHouseSubsAC »

Subhuman Yeti wrote:Bryant, Bynum and Odom have the potential makings of LAKER legends... everyone else should seriously be on the trade block.

At this point I'd actually much rather have Powell, Mbenga, Farmar, Vuvacic and Benchwarmer fu Manchu Morrison, than Blake (he's certainly not black, and definitely plays like it), Matt born in a Barnes (his mother was dropping puppies while in a tattoo shop obviously), Trey "Disappearing Act" Johnson, those 2 fucking useless 'later than Round 50' rookies and the lesser talented/cheaper/blacker Sasha-replacement Joe "I am REALLY FUCKING USELESS" Smith.

...and fuck at this point I'd even take ex-LAKER Ariza... who made a lot of baskets, showed a shitload of effort and played good defense every night vs the Lakers in a mostly weak LAKER showing in Round 1.

UNLIKE screwball brick thrower suspended at the most critical fucking time dumbass ARTEST.

Fucking Artest is obviously now seriously mentally crippled at both ends of the fucking court because his therapist won't let him let out his inner-Rodman and do his hair multiple colors of gay.

I'll be getting extra stoned and hoping for an overly extended NBA lockout
and/or Kupchak cleaning - fucking - house.

Lazy - fucking - unfocused - fucking - bullshit, does not win championships.
Especially not 3 in a row.

If you aren't in LA to win rings, go the fuck away, collect fucking stupid tattoos and release fucking shitty CDs in other 3rd world US cities.

Wanna smoke a fat bowl of 707 Headband?

Haha, none for you.
Wow, even your long posts suck ass.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Of course your asshole is going to be sore when you volunteer for an asspounding and not set any boundaries at all.
Skate4RnR

Post by Skate4RnR »

Well, that sums it up, Lakers lose but they still rule.

:lol:
ImageImageImage
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

ParaDime77 wrote:
yeahbuddy wrote:If or when they lose this series with the Mavs expect the Lakers to somewhat clean house. Either Gasol or Bynum will be gone, maybe Lamar depending on what is in the works.
If they lose today Gasol is going to be the scapegoat, deservedly so, he should be exiled back to Spain after this past season.
I put the blame completely on Gasol. The bench second, but mainly on Gasol. If he played up to par it opens up other's games. But he didnt, so they sank.
Its hard to believe we are in early May and the Lakers are done. Dang, I gotta wait until end of Oct beginning of Nov for the season to start up again. This sucks. Thank god the UFC is year round.
grishnak boss

Post by grishnak boss »

TIME TO TRADE STEVE FAKE FOR SOME NACHOS, OR A BEER.
SatanOscillateMyMetallicSonatas

Dogma: I am God.
dtmfs
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by dtmfs »

yeahbuddy wrote:My guess is the only two players guaranteed to comeback next year are Kobe & Bynum. They only trade Bynum if there is an offer that is a great offer (an A grade player thats not named Carmello). Everybody else can be had for the right price. I love Lamar, Pau, Artest, etc etc, but business is business.
LMAO, Bynum untradable and better bring an A grade player? It's fucking Andrew Bynum, not Dwight Howard, Bynum's knees buckle when he fucking farts, dude is made of glass. And the dude should never take his shirt off again, that's a rule, Cowardly punks must keep their shirts on at all times. The Lakers would be fools not to trade that glass joe mother fucker away. The only Legend on that team is Kobe, Pau is Soft, always has been always will be. Odom Don't give a fuck about anything but making Chewbacca happy and carrying her purse While She picks out rawhide bones. Trade all 3 of those fucking clowns they embarrased the fuck out of your organization.
Skate4RnR

Post by Skate4RnR »

dtmfs wrote:Odom Don't give a fuck about anything but making Chewbacca happy and carrying her purse While She picks out rawhide bones.[/b]
:lol: NO SHIT!
ImageImageImage
Rainbow Bright
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Rainbow Bright »

dtmfs wrote:
yeahbuddy wrote:My guess is the only two players guaranteed to comeback next year are Kobe & Bynum. They only trade Bynum if there is an offer that is a great offer (an A grade player thats not named Carmello). Everybody else can be had for the right price. I love Lamar, Pau, Artest, etc etc, but business is business.
LMAO, Bynum untradable and better bring an A grade player? It's fucking Andrew Bynum, not Dwight Howard, Bynum's knees buckle when he fucking farts, dude is made of glass. And the dude should never take his shirt off again, that's a rule, Cowardly punks must keep their shirts on at all times. The Lakers would be fools not to trade that glass joe mother fucker away. The only Legend on that team is Kobe, Pau is Soft, always has been always will be. Odom Don't give a fuck about anything but making Chewbacca happy and carrying her purse While She picks out rawhide bones. Trade all 3 of those fucking clowns they embarrased the fuck out of your organization.
Give this man a cigar!
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

Rainbow Bright wrote:
dtmfs wrote:
Give this man a cigar!
I said if the "right" trade comes up trade him. He is the only player besides Kobe that showed up against the Mavs. Yeah, that was a bonehead move taking out that little guy, but what is done is done. Behind Howard he is the second best center in the league. He is young and there is too much of an upswing to his game. He was out at the beginning of this year because of a injury from last season. If he would have taken care of it at end of season instead of waiting, he would have missed very few games. Other than that, he had a couple nicks here and there, but he pretty much played the rest of the way. Its obvious you are not a Laker fan but a Laker hater, with that being said, your opinion means shit & you do not have any common sense whatsoever.
grishnak boss

Post by grishnak boss »

:lol:
SatanOscillateMyMetallicSonatas

Dogma: I am God.
dtmfs
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by dtmfs »

I said if the "right" trade comes up trade him. He is the only player besides Kobe that showed up against the Mavs. Yeah, that was a bonehead move taking out that little guy, but what is done is done.

He's talented but He's made of glass, aint no fixing that and it drops his trade value alot

Behind Howard he is the second best center in the league. He is young and there is too much of an upswing to his game. He was out at the beginning of this year because of a injury from last season.

Dudes been hurt every fucking year, that's the problem, what team would trade away an A player for a guy they'd have to worry about sneezing and breaking his fucking ribs? And no he's not the 2nmd best to Howard, since he's always hurt I'd take Ming way ahead of Bynum, Kendrick Perkins just for His D is as valuble as Bynum as the C's are finding out. In fact I'd take Perkins over Bynum, Perkins is the best C in the league at defending the best all around center in D12. You're overrating the fuck out of Bynum.

If he would have taken care of it at end of season instead of waiting, he would have missed very few games. Other than that, he had a couple nicks here and there, but he pretty much played the rest of the way. Its obvious you are not a Laker fan but a Laker hater, with that being said, your opinion means shit & you do not have any common sense whatsoever.

I like that word IF, as the Lakers found out it can really bite You in the Ass, it was obvious When Bynum removed his shirt He could give a fuck about taking care of anything, Dude only cares about fudge dipped oreos and and anything with a keebler elf on the box. Would I take him in Boston? Shit yeah but that's only cuz Shaq is older than spartacus and the rest of their Centers suck ass.

As far as being a Laker hater goes, I'm a Boston fan of course I hate the Lakers I'm fucking supposed to. But I'm also objective and respect them as an organization which is why In my opinion they need to get rid of the soft and the punks. Wanna know who agrees with me? Magic Fucking Johnson. Yeah Magic's got no common sense either right. Take that laker hater shit, roll it up stick it in a fucking a pipe carved from the bone of Bynums missing spine and smoke the fuck out of it.
Skate4RnR

Post by Skate4RnR »

dtms is on a fucking roll, I'm dying over here.
ImageImageImage