The official NHL thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Re: The official NHL thread

Post by Machado »

crabfan wrote:Don't let me down tonight San Jose!!
If your team loses tonight, then they really are cursed.

There is so much pressure on the Sharks tonight.

Good luck!

Bring your lucky charm wherever you go tonight.
Light some candles
Say a prayer or two or three

Whatever it takes to make sure the Sharks win.
crabfan
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by crabfan »

Machado wrote:
crabfan wrote:Don't let me down tonight San Jose!!
If your team loses tonight, then they really are cursed.

There is so much pressure on the Sharks tonight.

Good luck!

Bring your lucky charm wherever you go tonight.
Light some candles
Say a prayer or two or three

Whatever it takes to make sure the Sharks win.
Moving on (that was close)...
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

KillDevilHill
Headlining Clubs

Post by KillDevilHill »

Well San Jose fans I hate to break it to your cursed another year
Mr Yellow Discipline wrote:Somebody please post more videos of girls getting set on fire.
JRA wrote: I did like how they took the piss out of readers. Fuck books and fuck them.
chungasrevenge
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by chungasrevenge »

Down to 4 and it's a toss up. Patrice Bergeron's health and Luongo's play as the pressure increases are going to be 2 big determining factors.
NeverSurrender
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by NeverSurrender »

Kid Wicked... told you they would sign him......

http://www.lighthousehockey.com/2011/5/ ... 15-million
chungasrevenge

Post by chungasrevenge »

UltimateSin
Playing in a Garage

Post by UltimateSin »

I am glad Vancouver is still in it. Were down to the semi finals Vancouver and San Jose and Boston and Tampa Bay. I am really hoping it turns into Vancouver vs Boston for the cup. I hate that tropical places have teams they have never seen ice or snow except in their fridges. I wouldn't be surprised if they moved Phoenix Coyotes to Hawaii or some stupid hot place like that. I will say though that I think Tampa Bay will be Bostons toughest test so far and that San Jose will be Vancouvers toughest challenge as well. Either way I am routing for the northern teams to whoop those sun tanning surf boarding wusses!! Come on Vancouver and Boston!
Refusing To Surrender To The World Elite.
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

UltimateSin wrote:I am glad Vancouver is still in it. Were down to the semi finals Vancouver and San Jose and Boston and Tampa Bay. I am really hoping it turns into Vancouver vs Boston for the cup. I hate that tropical places have teams they have never seen ice or snow except in their fridges. I wouldn't be surprised if they moved Phoenix Coyotes to Hawaii or some stupid hot place like that. I will say though that I think Tampa Bay will be Bostons toughest test so far and that San Jose will be Vancouvers toughest challenge as well. Either way I am routing for the northern teams to whoop those sun tanning surf boarding wusses!! Come on Vancouver and Boston!
You're a fucking idiot.

Do you know how many notherners live in Florida? The Yankees are more popular than the Marlins or Rays.

And San Jose is in Northern California. Neither of which is 'tropical'.

Sharks and Lightning both have great fans who come to the games.
Garbageman
Trashsocioculturist
Location: This is gonna be one hell of a horse race, cuz I'm riding a cheetah!

Post by Garbageman »

I hate when the second round dies down and you don't get two playoff games a night... and nights without playoff hockey!

And I'm still waiting for a triple (or more) OT game... preferably on west coast time.
radiobed wrote:The bottom line is Sleek is so far from credible when discussing Poison and their impact.
"I had to work hard for my yacht. I even played with Don Dokken." Bobby Blotzer
Royal Dudeness
Headlining Clubs

Post by Royal Dudeness »

May the hockey gods finally be with the Canucks.

I haven't been to a playoff game since game 6 in the 94 finals between the Canucks and Rangers. I just might be driving to San Jose for game 4. I'm 28, and still to this day, the Canucks winning the cup is the one thing more than anything else I need to see happen before I die.

Let it be done

Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

NeverSurrender wrote:Kid Wicked... told you they would sign him......

i heard! that's good news. i think he signed because they were willing to bring him in after the florida episode. they were taking a bit of a chance on him, but hey, they have nothing to lose, right?

hearing they want to build a rink too.
chungasrevenge

Post by chungasrevenge »

NeverSurrender wrote:
UltimateSin wrote:I am glad Vancouver is still in it. Were down to the semi finals Vancouver and San Jose and Boston and Tampa Bay. I am really hoping it turns into Vancouver vs Boston for the cup. I hate that tropical places have teams they have never seen ice or snow except in their fridges. I wouldn't be surprised if they moved Phoenix Coyotes to Hawaii or some stupid hot place like that. I will say though that I think Tampa Bay will be Bostons toughest test so far and that San Jose will be Vancouvers toughest challenge as well. Either way I am routing for the northern teams to whoop those sun tanning surf boarding wusses!! Come on Vancouver and Boston!
You're a fucking idiot.

Do you know how many notherners live in Florida? The Yankees are more popular than the Marlins or Rays.

And San Jose is in Northern California. Neither of which is 'tropical'.

Sharks and Lightning both have great fans who come to the games.
I tried to get tickets for games 3,4 and 6 in Tampa and they were gone about a minute after going onsale.
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

Predictions:

Tampa in 6 - I see the Bruins having trouble containing the Bolts' elite forwards, and TB is great on the PP. They are the Habs on steroids.

Vancouver in 6 - I see the 'Nucks being able to strike quickly with the Sharks a bit beat up after a 7 game series, with a lot of travel, for SJ.
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

Kid-Wicked wrote:

i heard! that's good news. i think he signed because they were willing to bring him in after the florida episode. they were taking a bit of a chance on him, but hey, they have nothing to lose, right?

For him to sign anywhere else the team would have to compensate the Isles with high draft picks.

Grabner will be a 50 goal scorer soon. He had 34 this year and was rarely used on the power play.
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

"I tried to get tickets for games 3,4 and 6 in Tampa and they were gone about a minute after going onsale."
Yeah, even though it's 'tropical'.
Do you live in Florida?
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

NeverSurrender wrote:
Kid-Wicked wrote:

For him to sign anywhere else the team would have to compensate the Isles with high draft picks.

Grabner will be a 50 goal scorer soon. He had 34 this year and was rarely used on the power play.
that remains to be seen. brian burke had a good quote when he signed naslund after his first contract with the canucks.

"is he a guy that's going to score 36 goals or is he a guy that just scored 36 goals?"

but he should be a keeper. he's got great wheels and decent hands. we should have sent mason raymond to florida instead. kieth ballard and his 4 million dollar contract is parked in the press box.
SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

What shit performance by the Bruins last night.

As usual, Julien did not have his team prepared. All everyone was talking about leading up to the game was Tampa's 1-3-1 but it appears Julien wasn't ready for it. He wasn't able to make to make any adjustments. The guy is clueless behind the bench.

That second Tampa goal was as soft as they get but you can't really blame Thomas for letting one get by as he robbed them of 3 or 4 more they should have had. But why did 2 Bruins just stand there and let Clark go by? And what the fuck was Kaberle doing on that 3rd goal? Julien should have benched his stupid ass after that brain fart.

Seguin looked pretty good. Must have killed Claude to see his rookie to score a goal. Seguin needs more ice time. The way to beat the 1-3-1 is with speed up the middle, and that kid is as fast as they get. And he seemed willing to hit too, I saw him take out a few Tampa players along the boards.

The Bruins power play sucks beyond belief. Where is the physical presence in front of the net to screen the shooter, to move bodies out of the way, and to pick up rebounds? Why do they set up so far out and why are they so reluctant to shoot once they get set up? Why not take advantage of Chara getting all that attention on the point? Maybe if the coach had a clue they wouldn't be so bad.
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

SkyDog112046 wrote:What shit performance by the Bruins last night.

As usual, Julien did not have his team prepared. All everyone was talking about leading up to the game was Tampa's 1-3-1 but it appears Julien wasn't ready for it. He wasn't able to make to make any adjustments. The guy is clueless behind the bench.

That second Tampa goal was as soft as they get but you can't really blame Thomas for letting one get by as he robbed them of 3 or 4 more they should have had. But why did 2 Bruins just stand there and let Clark go by? And what the fuck was Kaberle doing on that 3rd goal? Julien should have benched his stupid ass after that brain fart.

Seguin looked pretty good. Must have killed Claude to see his rookie to score a goal. Seguin needs more ice time. The way to beat the 1-3-1 is with speed up the middle, and that kid is as fast as they get. And he seemed willing to hit too, I saw him take out a few Tampa players along the boards.

The Bruins power play sucks beyond belief. Where is the physical presence in front of the net to screen the shooter, to move bodies out of the way, and to pick up rebounds? Why do they set up so far out and why are they so reluctant to shoot once they get set up? Why not take advantage of Chara getting all that attention on the point? Maybe if the coach had a clue they wouldn't be so bad.
Actually, Bolts played rope-a-dope a bit. They started off in the 1-3-1, but guickly went to a more traditional 1-2-2. I think that could be what through Julien off. That, and the back breaking second goal where Clark waltzed around the whole team and scored a softie on Thomas.

Guy Boucher is a really good coach. He's had stellar results in Canadian Major Junior, the World Juniors, the AHL, and now the NHL. He should have been nominated for Coach of the Year over Alain Vigneault. Pity the Habs let him get away, but you can't stand in the way of a guy in line for a promotion. I have a feeling he'll be coaching the Habs when his 4 years are up in Tampa.
SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

WOLF wrote:Actually, Bolts played rope-a-dope a bit. They started off in the 1-3-1, but guickly went to a more traditional 1-2-2. I think that could be what through Julien off. That, and the back breaking second goal where Clark waltzed around the whole team and scored a softie on Thomas.

Guy Boucher is a really good coach. He's had stellar results in Canadian Major Junior, the World Juniors, the AHL, and now the NHL. He should have been nominated for Coach of the Year over Alain Vigneault. Pity the Habs let him get away, but you can't stand in the way of a guy in line for a promotion. I have a feeling he'll be coaching the Habs when his 4 years are up in Tampa.
They switched off a few times for sure, but no matter what they did they were always a step ahead of Julien. Julien is more of a system guy and not really much of a coach. For some reason Boston insisted on going up the ice along the boards when there were open guys in lanes up the middle. If they had adjusted and gone with some speed up the middle they could have had a couple of breakaways and who knows what would have happened.

But Claude either can't or won't play an offense game even if only in short spurts and won't give ice time to guys who aren't "defense first" players. I've been watching Bruins hockey since the early 70's and he is my least favorite coach by far. I'd swap Julien for Grapes in a heartbeat.
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

i find it hilarious that the bruins are in the final 4 and yet there's still people bitching aboot the coach.
LetUsPrey
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by LetUsPrey »

Kid-Wicked wrote:

i find it hilarious that the bruins are in the final 4 and yet there's still people bitching aboot the coach.
Skydogs a broken record. Even if the Bruins were to win the cup he'd still find some way to bitch about Julien.
SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

LetUsPrey wrote:
Kid-Wicked wrote: i find it hilarious that the bruins are in the final 4 and yet there's still people bitching aboot the coach.
Skydogs a broken record. Even if the Bruins were to win the cup he'd still find some way to bitch about Julien.
I would love nothing more than to see the Bruins win the cup. But I doubt they will with Julien calling the shots. And everything I said is valid. This is still the guy who hasn't won anything with this team and who's team coughed up a 3-0 series lead last year. I go to the games and watch them on TV. And what I see is a team that frequently comes out flat, takes periods off, and makes mental errors. And that falls on the coach. Great coaches put a system in place but are willing to make adjustments when necessary. This guy rarely does that.
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

that's right.

Royal Dudeness
Headlining Clubs

Post by Royal Dudeness »

Kid-Wicked wrote:7

that's right.

Fuckin rights brother

It's surreal. We've been waiting 17 years just to be in this spot again. All the pain, suffering and tears have been building up. I'm done with bringing up 94 all the time. The demons will be exorcised
chungasrevenge

Post by chungasrevenge »

B's are treading water without Bergeron. Most glaringly on the faceoffs. Sounds like he'll be back by Thursday. He's already practicing with the black aces.

Claude had a tough night distributing ice time, but that plays into Bergeron being out and trying to replace his skill set. Unfortunately that means more Paille. Seguin should be on the second power play unit. Claude doesn't trust him. He is an accident waiting to happen in the defensive zone, but nobody else on the B's has that kind of offensive skill.

Burke got a little payback on the Kessell deal with Kaberle. B's got screwed on that one.
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

Gibsonite
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by Gibsonite »

Yut343 wrote:
NeverSurrender wrote:Best thing these clowns ever did.

http://therealrapgame.com/vancouver-gre ... -in-game-1
Clowns they may be, they're still awesome.
No,no they are not.I'm hoping for a Boston/Van final so I can watch some old-school B's fans beat the living shit out of them
SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

What a game last night. Wide open hockey is fun to watch.

Finally a decent power play. When they set up quickly and move in a little closer to the net the thing actually works. It also helps to have someone out there who can handle the puck(Seguin).

Seguin was the difference maker. The Tampa defenders couldn't stay with him and he made Roloson look bad. The kid cooled off a hot goalie pretty much by himself. I haven't seen a Bruins player move like that since #4.

When Bergeron is ready there is no way Seguin can go back to the press box, even though Julien still had some criticism for the way the game went when he was on the ice. So who sits?
chungasrevenge

Post by chungasrevenge »

SkyDog112046 wrote:When Bergeron is ready there is no way Seguin can go back to the press box, even though Julien still had some criticism for the way the game went when he was on the ice. So who sits?
They should sit Thornton and move Kelly to the 4th line. I'm assuming it will be Paille because of the leadership of Thornton, but Paille has more value on the PK.

Lucic/Krecji/Horton
Marchand/Bergeron/Recchi
Ryder/Peverly/Seguin
Paille/Campbell/Kelly