The official NHL thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

LetUsPrey
Debut Album Goes Gold

Re: The official NHL thread

Post by LetUsPrey »

"it's anybody's game and we're gonna make it ours"
-Jahnny Boychuck
Royal Dudeness
Headlining Clubs

Post by Royal Dudeness »

Last night, I witnessed what was probably the most classless move by fans of any team ever in the NHL. Raymond is down after fucking up his back, lying motionless on the ground, and what do the Bruins fans do? Start chanting "Diving Diving" followed up by "Go Bruins Go" while Raymond is still motionless on the ground. All the while, they're going nuts as if they're happy to see someone with a broken back.

Give me a fucking break. The fans in Boston have truly disgraced that town. I'd like to see any of you Bruins fans actually try and condone that kind of bullshit. I'm waiting for some hilarious responses
LetUsPrey
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by LetUsPrey »

Royal Dudeness wrote:Last night, I witnessed what was probably the most classless move by fans of any team ever in the NHL. Raymond is down after fucking up his back, lying motionless on the ground, and what do the Bruins fans do? Start chanting "Diving Diving" followed up by "Go Bruins Go" while Raymond is still motionless on the ground. All the while, they're going nuts as if they're happy to see someone with a broken back.

Give me a fucking break. The fans in Boston have truly disgraced that town. I'd like to see any of you Bruins fans actually try and condone that kind of bullshit. I'm waiting for some hilarious responses
Royal Dudeness
Headlining Clubs

Post by Royal Dudeness »

LetUsPrey wrote:
Royal Dudeness wrote:Last night, I witnessed what was probably the most classless move by fans of any team ever in the NHL. Raymond is down after fucking up his back, lying motionless on the ground, and what do the Bruins fans do? Start chanting "Diving Diving" followed up by "Go Bruins Go" while Raymond is still motionless on the ground. All the while, they're going nuts as if they're happy to see someone with a broken back.

Really? That's it? That doesn't happen anywhere else in the league. The way it usually goes is player is lying motionless on the ice, and people are pretty concerned for that individual and there's not a lot of noise. When the individual gets up, USUALLY people cheer as a sign of respect to the player, but not in Boston. Fuck that city and it's neanderthal fans.
Aquanetsuperhold
Headlining Clubs

Post by Aquanetsuperhold »

Oh yeah you're right! The Bruins fans are so special they have x-ray vision and they knew he had compression fractures in this back. How rude of them to think he may have taken a dive because the Canucks would never do that. :roll:
Bruins fans didn't make up this logo. Its been around for a while. So stop your crying.

LetUsPrey
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by LetUsPrey »

The Nucks have been diving and embellishing all series. If they had known he really had a serious back injury, there would have been no cheering. It's just assumed that he was being a pussy bitch like the rest of his team.
Ham Stroker's Ejacula
Transylvanian Wang

Post by Ham Stroker's Ejacula »

The hit made me think of the crash that killed Dale Earnhardt 10 years ago - looked pretty innocuous when it happened, especially when compared to any of the more spectacular crashes that happen in races.

At any rate, the two previous replies are correct - there was no way to know the seriousness of his injury based on the hit, and yeah, fans assumed that it was just another dive (and rightly so).

The Team That Cried Wolf :)
alecjonsludge
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by alecjonsludge »

You might want to direct your anger towards Burrows and Lapierre.Their constant Oscar worthy acting this Finals is the main reason Bruin fans reacted the way they did. Don't start nuthin'-won't be nuthin'. Act like a bitch,your whole team will get treated accordingly.it's not a hard concept to understand.
SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

WOLF wrote:Man - I didn't think it was possible, but I think Bruins fans hate the Canucks more than the Habs! Most of them seem to fear the Habs and even respect them on some small level.
I don't think that most Bruins fans were really that familiar with Vancouver prior to the series as the two teams seldom face each other. But that garbage they have pulled since the puck dropped in game 1 has made that team highly unlikable.

There's maybe 4 or 5 players on Vancouver that deserve respect. The rest of them are a bunch of dirty cheap shot artists that run and hide when someone stands up to them. The Sedins are crybabies. Burrows, Lapierre and Erhoff are 3 of the biggest pussies that ever laced up skates.
BritniTaiste
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by BritniTaiste »

Aquanetsuperhold wrote:Oh yeah you're right! The Bruins fans are so special they have x-ray vision and they knew he had compression fractures in this back. How rude of them to think he may have taken a dive because the Canucks would never do that. :roll:
Bruins fans didn't make up this logo. Its been around for a while. So stop your crying.

Seriously, boy who cried wolf syndrome...suck it Canucks.
High Octane Glam/Sleaze Rock n' Roll
http://www.myspace.com/bangcircus
Gibsonite
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by Gibsonite »

Well if nothing else,Raymond's injury was proof that there was one guy with Vancouver who actually has a spine..
Tommy
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Tommy »

Oh for fuck's sake, the Canucks bring it upon themselves.

Can't believe I'm sticking up for Boston fans. :?
Facedown
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by Facedown »

If the Bruins don't win tomorrow, the better team will have lost.
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
Facedown

Post by Facedown »

You were saying?
Royal Dudeness wrote:Nathan Horton is a diver
Royal Dudeness wrote:Rome's best contribution right now is having taken Horton out of the series
Royal Dudeness wrote:Hey Horton, how's the noodle?
Feel free to go fuck yourself.
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
KillDevilHill
Headlining Clubs

Post by KillDevilHill »

Facedown wrote:If the Bruins don't win tomorrow, the better team will have lost.
If you said "the better team in the series will have lost" you would have had a point. The Canucks are the better team
Mr Yellow Discipline wrote:Somebody please post more videos of girls getting set on fire.
JRA wrote: I did like how they took the piss out of readers. Fuck books and fuck them.
KillDevilHill
Headlining Clubs

Post by KillDevilHill »

BTW call it what you want, no you who dives sells it that long. Cunt move, and if you can't call a spade a spade that your problem.
Mr Yellow Discipline wrote:Somebody please post more videos of girls getting set on fire.
JRA wrote: I did like how they took the piss out of readers. Fuck books and fuck them.
LetUsPrey
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by LetUsPrey »

KillDevilHill wrote:BTW call it what you want, no you who dives sells it that long. Cunt move, and if you can't call a spade a spade that your problem.
English?
pieceofme
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Re: Canucks Mason Raymond suffers major back injury, out 3-4

Post by pieceofme »

Aquanetsuperhold wrote:http://www.vancouversun.com/news/Mason+ ... story.html

(Good thing the Canucks awesome trainers and medical folks has the good sense to make him get up and help get himself off the ice. WTF is wrong with them?)

Canucks Mason Raymond suffers major back injury, out 3-4 months

VANCOUVER - The Vancouver Canucks announced today that second-line winger Mason Raymond has suffered a major back injury - a vertebrae compression fracture - that will sideline him for 3-4 months.

Raymond, 25, was hurt in Monday night's 5-2 loss to the Boston Bruins in Game 6 of the Stanley Cup final. He was taken hard into the boards by Bruins defenceman Johnny Boychuk at the 20-second mark of the first period. There was no penalty called on the play as the two players appeared to be tangled up with one another, although Boychuk did get in one last vigorous shove.

Raymond was helped off the ice after several minutes and then taken to a Boston hospital.

The Cochrane, Alta., native, is in his fourth season with the Canucks. He had two playoff goals this spring and six assists.

The Canucks are flying home today and have an optional practice scheduled for Rogers Arena at 4 p.m.

The best-of-seven Stanley Cup final is tied 3-3 with Game 7 going Wednesday at 5 p.m. at Rogers.
So according to your logic Boychuck should be out for 3-4 months as thats how long Raymond is out. You know fair is fair!
GrayAntiMatter wrote:EVH

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
Anne_Thrax
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by Anne_Thrax »

Aquanetsuperhold wrote:
:lol:
Aquanetsuperhold
Headlining Clubs

So according to your logic Boychuck should be out for 3-4 months as thats how long Raymond is out. You know fair is fair!

Only of it was a dirty hit- this wasn't.
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

hilarious.

it took the bruins' fans until the finals before they stopped whining aboot their coach.

so what's the deal? the canucks are cheap shot artists or pussies? how are they pussies? by taking every cheap shot handed to them and skating away? a fourth liner chalenges a first liner to a fight and he skates away? i'm glad our guys did that. fighters fight fighters not first liners. at least that's hockey man code.

sedin took 6 shots to the face and got a misconduct for it. he did nothing. probably because marchand isn't tough enough to pop a zit.

this is the only championship i've ever watched where the fans are bitching aboot how the teams are winning.
LetUsPrey
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by LetUsPrey »

Kid-Wicked wrote:hilarious.

it took the bruins' fans until the finals before they stopped whining aboot their coach.

so what's the deal? the canucks are cheap shot artists or pussies? how are they pussies? by taking every cheap shot handed to them and skating away?
:lol:

Ignorance is certainly bliss.
BritniTaiste
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by BritniTaiste »

"sedin took 6 shots to the face and got a misconduct for it. he did nothing. probably because marchand isn't tough enough to pop a zit."

I don't think he was trying to knock him down, he was agitating him, getting in his head. Big pussy could have at least shoved him away, a penalty really wasn't going to make much of a difference at that point anyway.
High Octane Glam/Sleaze Rock n' Roll
http://www.myspace.com/bangcircus
NeverSurrender
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by NeverSurrender »

KidWicked and ignorance go hand in hand.
KillDevilHill
Headlining Clubs

Post by KillDevilHill »

LetUsPrey wrote:
KillDevilHill wrote:BTW call it what you want, no you who dives sells it that long. Cunt move, and if you can't call a spade a spade that your problem.
English?
:lol: What I meant to say was

BTW call it what you want, no one who dives sells it that long. Cunt move, and if you can't call a spade a spade that is your problem.

Also that trainer should be fucking canned no question, what a fucking dumbass.

The sedins cant play innocent, they take dumb calls all the time and do little agitating things and skate away. That being said that little dick nose marchand doesn't have an ounce of class, he did a mini tee off because he could get away with it. He will get his
Aquanetsuperhold
Headlining Clubs

so what's the deal? the canucks are cheap shot artists or pussies? how are they pussies? by taking every cheap shot handed to them and skating away? a fourth liner chalenges a first liner to a fight and he skates away? i'm glad our guys did that. fighters fight fighters not first liners. at least that's hockey man code.

sedin took 6 shots to the face and got a misconduct for it. he did nothing. probably because marchand isn't tough enough to pop a zit.

this is the only championship i've ever watched where the fans are bitching aboot how the teams are winning.

Well lets see, Marchard has 9 goals in the playoffs so far and
Hendrick Sedin( Thelma) has 9 goals and Daniel Sedin (Louise) has 3 goals. So really, Daniel, the one Marchard popped in the face 6-7 times should have swung back because as a first liner- he isn't doing shit anyway. So not only is he a pussy that hasn't been scoring like a first liner, he isn't a fighter either and still got a penalty. So really whats your point? Marchard is also plenty tough
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

Aquanetsuperhold wrote:

Well lets see, Marchard has 9 goals in the playoffs so far and
Hendrick Sedin( Thelma) has 9 goals and Daniel Sedin (Louise) has 3 goals. So really, Daniel, the one Marchard popped in the face 6-7 times should have swung back because as a first liner- he isn't doing shit anyway. So not only is he a pussy that hasn't been scoring like a first liner, he isn't a fighter either and still got a penalty. So really whats your point? Marchard is also plenty tough
marchand is a turtle. and a pussy. he goes after a sedin? really? what's the point? what was the score? everybody's playing mind games trying to get an edge.

the sedins aren't doing shit? second and third in scoring. they might be 1 and 2 after game 7. they haven't scored much in this series because the brukakkees figured how to defend them.
chungasrevenge

Post by chungasrevenge »

Is it too early to start boozing? Another relaxing evening.
SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

Kid-Wicked wrote:it took the bruins' fans until the finals before they stopped whining aboot their coach.
You realize that they only started winning after Thornton took over the locker room after the 1st period in game 3 and told everyone to stop worrying about penalties and go out there and start hitting. They won the 3 games they did by playing aggressively and not worrying about penalties. Julien has actually made some decent moves by changing lines up and getting the right matchups and I'll give him credit for that, but had they continued to play his tentative style there never would have been a game 6 let alone a game 7.
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

chungasrevenge wrote:Is it too early to start boozing? Another relaxing evening.
If the Habs were in game 7 of the final I would have an aneurysm. I envy you guys, but also feel for you. If it goes to OT, which probably every outsider is hoping for, my heart would explode.

One fan base will be elated tonight, with a huge monkey being lifted off their backs, and a generation of fans getting their ultimate reward for their pain and suffering. I can't imagine the devestation on the other side.

Pressure is all on Vancouver IMO. Good luck guys. Try and be civil when this is over.

PS: Gotta be honest - I'm going to wear my Tiger Williams 'Nucks retro-t tonight. They haven't lost when I've worn it.