Baseball records that will never be broken

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

K.K.VanMalmsteen
Headlining Clubs

Baseball records that will never be broken

Post by K.K.VanMalmsteen »

Had an interesting debate with a buddy over the weekend while we were slobbering all over Jeter's knob for getting 3,000 in never believe it storybook fashion....

What are the major league records that will never be broken? And why?

I'll start with this one:

Cy Young - 511 all time wins.

No chance anybody even approaches it. You would have to pitch forever, just think that 25 consecutive 20 win seasons still doesn't get you there. Guys just don't need to play that long, and you would have to be completely healthy and totally dominant for 25+ seasons. Not gonna happen.

I don't think we'll even see somebody get to 350 ever again. That's 20 wins a year for 17 seasons. The way they baby pitchers in the modern era, and the amount of money guys make means they dont have to destroy their bodies well into their 40's anymore. I think 300 is do-able although some people seem to think that era is completely over. If I had to guess I would say that yes, there will absolutely be another 300 game winner at some point. But 511? No fucking chance.
eddie lee roth wrote:If you want to hold hands and sing Kumbaya before we blow each other you've come to the wrong place motherfucker.
MetalSludgeCEO wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:25 am Ready, Set, Anal.
$tEvil