Best game you ever saw in person

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

K.K.VanMalmsteen
Headlining Clubs

Best game you ever saw in person

Post by K.K.VanMalmsteen »

What's the greatest game or games you ever saw in person? I gotta go with one of these:

I was at Game 7 of the 1997 World Series, Cleveland vs. Florida. Jose Mesa blows the win for Cleveland in the bottom of the 9th, it would have been the Indians first title since 1948. Edgar Renteria wins it with a walk-off series-winning basehit in the bottom of the 11th. I thought the upper deck was going to collapse, the whole building was shaking. Awesome.

Or

The 1997 Rose Bowl. ASU vs Ohio State. Sun Devils are undefeated and a win guarantees them at least a share of the National Championship. Jake the Snake Plummer leads the Devils back and scrambles for an 11 yard TD to take the lead with just over a minute left in the game. Half the Rose Bowl is going apeshit, the Devils just won the National Championship. Joe Germaine had a different idea, the Devils go into the prevent defense, guaranteed to prevent you from winning - and OSU marches 80 yards in 60 seconds and scored the winning TD with 10 seconds left to rip the hearts out of the ASU fans. I never saw so many adults cry in my whole life. Unbelievable game.
eddie lee roth wrote:If you want to hold hands and sing Kumbaya before we blow each other you've come to the wrong place motherfucker.
MetalSludgeCEO wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:25 am Ready, Set, Anal.
$tEvil
Crazy Levi
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Re: Best game you ever saw in person

Post by Crazy Levi »

I'd probably go with the NFC Championship Saints / Vikes.

What a great game...and the Vikes had that shit won until another trademark bonehead Farve play. It was amazing to finally see the Saints go to a superbowl at the Superdome.
cantstopthemusic
Ya'll Cum?

Post by cantstopthemusic »

Crazy Levi wrote:I'd probably go with the NFC Championship Saints / Vikes.

What a great game...and the Vikes had that shit won until another trademark bonehead Farve play. It was amazing to finally see the Saints go to a superbowl at the Superdome.
You were in New Orleans at the game?
bigbuttskinner
Headlining Clubs

Post by bigbuttskinner »

This thread has been done already....
michelish wrote: VH album will be dropping first half of 2019. Album has been completed for a few months. They've been recording on and off since just after last tour.Finalizing title and artwork.
Nitrorulz wrote: I predict “The Dirt” will do double that.
referring to Queen movie
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

cantstopthemusic wrote:
Crazy Levi wrote:I'd probably go with the NFC Championship Saints / Vikes.

You were in New Orleans at the game?
Yeah!
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

ESPN will be airing a 30 for 30 on the worst game I ever attended this October.
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
ParaDime77

Post by ParaDime77 »

Sonics/Nuggets in what was one the last Sonic games in Seattle, Durant goes for 50 in a double OT thriller. Noise was like a jet taking off in that building that Sunday evening. Durant's coming out party.
Everyone Is Someone Else's Bitch
LetUsPrey
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by LetUsPrey »

November 98. My first Bruins game. Bruins vs. Capitals. Fights the whole game, including the fight between Kolzig and Dafoe. Amazing game, I was 9 years old and it blew my young mind.
Facedown
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by Facedown »

Been to tons of games but never had anything special happen at any of them.
Guess I'd have to go with Pats/Chargers 2007 playoff game.
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
madmaxfan
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by madmaxfan »

Two games come to mind for me. Justin Verlanders first no hitter against the Brewers. I decided to go on a whim just to watch Prince Fielder mash a few balls in BP and maybe catch one if I was lucky. Didn't get a ball but JV more than made up for that.

Second game was the game 4 of the ALCS in 06. Ordonez's home run of Street to win it. After sweeping the A's like that we were all so sure a series title was coming to Detroit. :(
Royal Dudeness
Headlining Clubs

Post by Royal Dudeness »

I went to one game in every series the Canucks had in the '94 NHL Playoffs. They won each game I went to, 2 of the games (Against the Stars and Leafs) were series clinchers. Of those, the best had to be game 6 of the finals against the Rangers.

God bless my mother for selling her soul to the scalpers to get me tickets to those games
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

Football:

Sheffield Wednesday vs Hull back in 2005. Great intensity - good banter with the fans. High scoring game.

Hockey:

Probably when the Canucks thrashed the Habs 7-1 in 2009.
GrayAntiMatter wrote:EVH

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
WhiteHouseSubsAC
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by WhiteHouseSubsAC »

The "fourth and one" game between the Eagles and the Cowboys in 1995. Barry Switzer tried Emmitt Smith TWICE in a 4th and one situation (a penalty negated the first one) on the Dallas 29 with the game tied at 17 rather than punt and the Birds stuffed him both times. Three plays later Gary Anderson hit the game winning FG for the Eagles. A few other things about the game stand out:

-It was COLD. -30 wind chill at game time. We were sitting in the very last row of the stadium with our back to the concrete and it was almost painful. I seriously don't think I would have lasted if the game had gone into OT. Stadium ran out of coffee and hot chocolate after the 3rd quarter, everyone was congregating in the heated bathrooms to warm up.

-Emmitt Smith fumbling as he went into the end zone for what would have been the game winning score a few minutes prior.

-In true Philly style, Gary Anderson's first GW FG attempt was called back for offensive holding (I think) and he had to try it over. Was sure he was going to miss the second one.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Of course your asshole is going to be sore when you volunteer for an asspounding and not set any boundaries at all.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

Double one hitter 1-0 game at wrigley. Lieber v Maddux. Cubs lost a one hour forty minute gem on an Andres Gallaraga solo shot. The cubs letting Maddux walk and win 191 games with Atlanta still bothers me.
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

Celtics vs Lakers in '76. Got to see Cowens vs Jabbar in person. Cowens knew the spot where Jabbar liked to launch his sky hook and would stand there pissing Kareem off. It was 99-98 Celtics with a couple of seconds left when Kareem went to the line with a 3-to-make-2 and bricked all 3. Jo Jo White grabbed the rebound and that was it.

There were some real good players on those teams.
Celtics roster:
Cowens, Havlicek, White, Scott, Silas, & Nelson

Lakers roster:
Jabbar, Goodrich, Washington, & Cazzie Russell
Tymaster

Post by Tymaster »

Browns defeat Patriots 20-13 in the 1995 Wildcard Round. Bill Belichick and Vinny Testaverde's first playoff victories respectfully. Little did I know from my perch in the Dawg Pound that this would be the last Browns playoff victory, last playoff game in the old stadium and last playoff game in the city of Cleveland period!!! Belichick and his mentor Bill Parcells played chess with one another as this game went down to the wire. The Browns lost the next week to eventual SuperBowl Champions, Pittsburgh. It was Cold but it didn't matter. The playoff atmosphere in Cleveland Municipal Stadium was electric.
LouDoo wrote:Neon has to be the most active poster who actually contributes the least, despite all the threads he starts. He has no redeeming value. He's completely useless.