NFL 2011 Thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Tymaster
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Re: NFL 2011 Thread

Post by Tymaster »

SkyDog112046 wrote:Over 900 yards combined passing tonight. Brady had 517. Also threw his first INT in a long time, but that was Branch's fault. I know a bunch of Miami's yardage came after New England went to a prevent D, but still. Not going anywhere with a defense playing like that.

The officials were flag happy and called a lot of marginal penalties, stuff that was away from the ball and had no bearing on the plays. Let 'em play.

ESPN's booth sucks. Gruden is knowledgeable, but annoying. It's not too bad when they just stick to play-by-play or break down something that happened, but half the time Gruden is waving pom poms. Why do they need a 3rd guy in the booth?
I don't get all the Gruden love. MNF took soooo many steps backwards when it left network television for cable. I'd rather listen on radio.
LouDoo wrote:Neon has to be the most active poster who actually contributes the least, despite all the threads he starts. He has no redeeming value. He's completely useless.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Tymaster wrote:
SkyDog112046 wrote:Over 900 yards combined passing tonight. Brady had 517. Also threw his first INT in a long time, but that was Branch's fault. I know a bunch of Miami's yardage came after New England went to a prevent D, but still. Not going anywhere with a defense playing like that.

The officials were flag happy and called a lot of marginal penalties, stuff that was away from the ball and had no bearing on the plays. Let 'em play.

ESPN's booth sucks. Gruden is knowledgeable, but annoying. It's not too bad when they just stick to play-by-play or break down something that happened, but half the time Gruden is waving pom poms. Why do they need a 3rd guy in the booth?
I don't get all the Gruden love. MNF took soooo many steps backwards when it left network television for cable. I'd rather listen on radio.
Tymaster hit the nail on the head-
I miss MNF on ABC. ESPN has yet again ruined something that was once
great.
The ESPN 3 hour NFL Countdown show is horrible t.v. Good thing I had the dvr or else there would have been no chance I could have viewed the program for 3 hours(including all the commercial breaks)
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

Machado wrote:
Tymaster hit the nail on the head-
I miss MNF on ABC. ESPN has yet again ruined something that was once
great.
The ESPN 3 hour NFL Countdown show is horrible t.v. Good thing I had the dvr or else there would have been no chance I could have viewed the program for 3 hours(including all the commercial breaks)
Want to get hammered? Do a shot every time Gruden says "This guy" or "That guy" during a broadcast.
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

I was watching some of the New England vs Miami game at lunch time today. I know the Patriots frequently change what they do but they always have base sets. With Moss they were very much a traditional vertical offense, and last season they switched over to a 2 Tight End power formation with a lot of short passes. The offense has now changed to a run-and-shoot but with 2 TEs instead of 4 wide receivers. They do go no-huddle from time to time but last night they ran it as a blur and got most of the snaps off in 15-20 seconds. They had substitutions happening as soon as the whistle blew but then got set up so fast Miami couldn't change personnel and got gassed to the point where players were cramping up. I would expect to see something like this for any game where the weather is still warm.

That defense is still pretty bad. Other than some nice play from the D-line they got virtually nothing from the back 7. I expected it from the D-backs, but the linebackers were lousy. Mayo barely made the stat sheet. It looks like they were having a tough time adjusting to covering more ground in the 4-3. Rivers is going to light them up next Sunday.
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

chadcroz wrote:
gr8twhte wrote:Run, run, pass.

39 yards passing.

Skol Vikings!
I know. I thought we had gotten rid of Chili? It was the same shit, different day.
I'm not comparing him to chili yet, it's a loss on the road to a serious contender. And a close loss. I thought the d played well, but they were so tired in the 4th.

Same problems as last year. The o-line is week and the qb is gonna' get killed.
bane
Threesome with Pam and Donna

Post by bane »

SkyDog112046 wrote:I was watching some of the New England vs Miami game at lunch time today. I know the Patriots frequently change what they do but they always have base sets. With Moss they were very much a traditional vertical offense, and last season they switched over to a 2 Tight End power formation with a lot of short passes. The offense has now changed to a run-and-shoot but with 2 TEs instead of 4 wide receivers. They do go no-huddle from time to time but last night they ran it as a blur and got most of the snaps off in 15-20 seconds. They had substitutions happening as soon as the whistle blew but then got set up so fast Miami couldn't change personnel and got gassed to the point where players were cramping up. I would expect to see something like this for any game where the weather is still warm.

That defense is still pretty bad. Other than some nice play from the D-line they got virtually nothing from the back 7. I expected it from the D-backs, but the linebackers were lousy. Mayo barely made the stat sheet. It looks like they were having a tough time adjusting to covering more ground in the 4-3. Rivers is going to light them up next Sunday.
I thought NE looked like the new Indy. Awesome offense, pretty lousy D. That offense is bad ass though.
SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

David Garrard watch: Where does he end up?

MacNabb stunk it up last week, as did Romo. Garrard is better than anyone in Denver or Seattle. Indy can use a QB but he is a poor fit in their offense. Garrard won't consistently light it up, but he is solid and won't make a lot of mistakes. Maybe even Jax with a smaller contract? Clearly he's not a $6-8M guy, but someone will take a flier on him for $1M or so. Who picks him up?
bane

Post by bane »

SkyDog112046 wrote:David Garrard watch: Where does he end up?

MacNabb stunk it up last week, as did Romo. Garrard is better than anyone in Denver or Seattle. Indy can use a QB but he is a poor fit in their offense. Garrard won't consistently light it up, but he is solid and won't make a lot of mistakes. Maybe even Jax with a smaller contract? Clearly he's not a $6-8M guy, but someone will take a flier on him for $1M or so. Who picks him up?
He wants to start. I don't think there's a team out there that thinks he's their guy right now. If there was, they'd gave signed him already. I think he'll wait a while hoping for a starting gig and starters money and if it doesn't come, he might just wait until there's an injury somewhere. Judging from last weeks game, Collins isn't gonna last the season. An old immobile guy behind a line that can't protect him who still has to play the AFC North?
SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

bane wrote:
SkyDog112046 wrote:David Garrard watch: Where does he end up?

He wants to start. I don't think there's a team out there that thinks he's their guy right now. If there was, they'd gave signed him already. I think he'll wait a while hoping for a starting gig and starters money and if it doesn't come, he might just wait until there's an injury somewhere. Judging from last weeks game, Collins isn't gonna last the season. An old immobile guy behind a line that can't protect him who still has to play the AFC North?
I think he'd excel in Minnesota with AP in the backfield. McNabb is toast. Garrard gives just enough of a threat to keep defenses honest and open up room for the running game. Even if Collins goes down I can't see him in Indy, it's not his style. A big contract won't be in the cards for a QB going into a new system after week 1. If Garrard can get something with a couple million plus incentives he will be doing alright for himself.
LAglamrocker
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by LAglamrocker »

Pats go 14-2, lose in playoffs first game at home
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

After the ugly loss vs the Jets, Sunday afternoon can not
get here soon enough.
Looking forward to destroying the 49ers.

If Dallas losses again, I can't even begin to think how much backlash will be discussed on Monday morning.

I don't want to say "must win" during week 2, but Dallas is desperate.
bane

Post by bane »

Machado wrote:After the ugly loss vs the Jets, Sunday afternoon can not
get here soon enough.

If Dallas losses again, I can't even begin to think how much backlash will be discussed on Monday morning.

Take a deep breath dude. They won't lose to San Fran. Romo's boneheaded play late in that game was pretty bad, but they looked pretty good over all against a really good Jets team. They aren't going to suddenly turn into chopped liver against a not so good Niners squad.
SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

bane wrote:
get here soon enough.

Take a deep breath dude. They won't lose to San Fran. Romo's boneheaded play late in that game was pretty bad, but they looked pretty good over all against a really good Jets team. They aren't going to suddenly turn into chopped liver against a not so good Niners squad.

If Romo starts playing like a bonehead from the opening kickoff then there might be a mutiny. I could see them quitting on him.
bane

Post by bane »

SkyDog112046 wrote:
bane wrote:
get here soon enough.

If Romo starts playing like a bonehead from the opening kickoff then there might be a mutiny. I could see them quitting on him.
I doubt it. He's an above average QB most of the time, he just has a tendency to fuck up when the game is on the line every once in a while. If you watched that game, he played well other than a couple of idiotic plays. It's not as if there's anybody else in that locker room or floating around out there that they could pick up who would be better.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

bane wrote:
SkyDog112046 wrote:

I doubt it. He's an above average QB most of the time, he just has a tendency to fuck up when the game is on the line every once in a while. If you watched that game, he played well other than a couple of idiotic plays. It's not as if there's anybody else in that locker room or floating around out there that they could pick up who would be better.
Romo is the #1 QB and the team will live and die with him.
Why he gives games away at the most crucial moments is a mystery.
He's been in the league long enough to not make those mistakes.
Very frustrating and last week was no exception!
bane

Post by bane »

Machado wrote:

I was watching that game with the Mrs and she said, " I guess they can't blame it on Jessica Simpson anymore huh?"
SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

For the first time in 12 years there are no divisional games this weekend. Rumor is that they built in a week like this in case the lockout lasted a little longer than it did so they could chop week 2 and not have too much impact on the standings.
cantstopthemusic
Ya'll Cum?

Post by cantstopthemusic »

Machado wrote:Romo is the #1 QB and the team will live and die with him.

He's been in the league long enough to not make those mistakes.
Last edited by cantstopthemusic on Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

SkyDog112046 wrote:For the first time in 12 years there are no divisional games this weekend. Rumor is that they built in a week like this in case the lockout lasted a little longer than it did so they could chop week 2 and not have too much impact on the standings.
They did it with week 2 and 4. Kind of smart, I guess.

$tevil
SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

johnk5150 wrote:
SkyDog112046 wrote:For the first time in 12 years there are no divisional games this weekend. Rumor is that they built in a week like this in case the lockout lasted a little longer than it did so they could chop week 2 and not have too much impact on the standings.
They did it with week 2 and 4. Kind of smart, I guess.
And it also loads up the last few weeks of the season with divisional games which will keep things more interesting for 17 weeks. Week 16 has 10 divisional games and week 17 is all divisional games.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

Urlacher came back to practice and gather notes before heading back home for his mother's funeral. Mcaskey, Lovie and Briggs will be there for him today. Wow. She was only 51. She had him pretty young.

$tevil
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

bane wrote:
Machado wrote:

I was watching that game with the Mrs and she said, " I guess they can't blame it on Jessica Simpson anymore huh?"
he idolized Bert Favor. maybe you guys forgot how many games bert blew in the end. The problem is, Bert won some big games, Romo can't say that.
SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

My choices at 1:00
Bears vs Saints
Jets vs Jags

I'd rather see
Colts vs Browns
Lions vs Chiefs

You would think the networks would realize that people outside of Detroit are taking an interest in the Lions this year. At least we'll get to watch them on MNF in Week 5 instead of having to wait until Thanksgiving. Speaking of T-Day - Lions vs Packers in the early game that day.

And I am curious to see what Indy looks like without Manning. We get to see that next Sunday night anyway, and the following Monday night. I think today is Indy's lone shot at a win until week 6 vs Cincy. They could very easily be winless going into the prime time games. I'll bet ESPN wishes they had flex scheduling this early in the season.

Eagles vs Falcons should be a good one tonight.
metalpowerman5000
Chubby Chaser
Location: chasing chubby sludge bitches the fuck away from my cock

Post by metalpowerman5000 »

SkyDog112046 wrote:My choices at 1:00
Bears vs Saints
Jets vs Jags
Eagles vs Falcons should be a good one tonight.
agree
"Can I insure my dick?"-David Lee Roth
Tenacious_Dio
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Tenacious_Dio »

You would think the networks would realize that people outside of Detroit are taking an interest in the Lions this year.
How many people do you think would rather watch Lions/Chiefs than Bears/Saints? Seriously.
SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

Tenacious_Dio wrote:
You would think the networks would realize that people outside of Detroit are taking an interest in the Lions this year.
How many people do you think would rather watch Lions/Chiefs than Bears/Saints? Seriously.
They tend to show the same teams over and over and I prefer to watch different teams. I think a lot of people are the same way. There are a good amount of people predicting Detroit as a playoff team this year, enough that there should be interest in them.
Tenacious_Dio
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Tenacious_Dio »

SkyDog112046 wrote:
Tenacious_Dio wrote:
They tend to show the same teams over and over and I prefer to watch different teams. I think a lot of people are the same way. There are a good amount of people predicting Detroit as a playoff team this year, enough that there should be interest in them.
But interested in seeing them play what looks to be a bad Chiefs team that got blown out by the Bills at home? I agree about wanting to see more Lions games. But not against the Chiefs.

I don't really bother complaining about the network games anymore. I could get DirecTV if I really wanted to. But I don't.
cantstopthemusic
Ya'll Cum?

Post by cantstopthemusic »

DOWN2WHISKEY wrote:Anyone have an online stream link so I can watch the Packers @ Panthers game that DOES NOT want a credit card or for me to take some survey?
http://www.justin.tv/the_nfl_chat46
Packers-Panthers HD

Follow the Twitter once it's taken down, to get to the new stream.

Right-click on the video and change the quality to "low" - to make it less choppy, if it's lagging.
gr8twhte
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by gr8twhte »

Vikings choke at home. 0-2
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

2 weeks in a row they blow a 17-0 lead, chrsit, kill me now.