The New (Spam Free) Never Ending Wrestling Thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Space Bear
Cockblocked by Poison

Re: The New (Spam Free) Never Ending Wrestling Thread

Post by Space Bear »

Don't forget, next Monday the Muppets are in the house

my bestest friend ever deathcurse wrote:Space Bear is boring. He'll cry about this and I won't read it because he just sucks and makes me want to get hit by a car.
Space Bear
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by Space Bear »

Unless Trips has a legit injury they're covering for, why have him return to the ring and kill Punk's push only two be taken out of action like this?
Injury update: Triple H
By: Kara A. Medalis October 25, 2011
Tags: WWE Raw SuperShow: October 24, 2011, Triple H, Kevin Nash

Dr. Chris Amann has provided WWE.com with an injury update on Triple H.

The WWE COO has suffered a fractured vertebrae from the two sledgehammer attacks he received from Kevin Nash on Raw SuperShow. Amann told WWE.com that The Game will be out of action for at least six weeks due to the injuries he sustained. The diagnosis was made at the Austin, Texas, medical facility that Triple H was rushed to after the attacks.

Stay tuned to WWE.com for updates on Triple H's condition.
my bestest friend ever deathcurse wrote:Space Bear is boring. He'll cry about this and I won't read it because he just sucks and makes me want to get hit by a car.
nakedmadman
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by nakedmadman »

Angry Jew wrote:
Space Bear wrote:I think this sums it all up

Cena goes home to his big house,hot wife & millions of dollars. I am sure he isn't losing any sleep. I'll never get the hate for Cena other than people feel he's shoved down our throats. As if he is supposed to say to Vince McMahon "No,Vince, I don't wanna be the biggest star in the company,make movies & get paid tens of millions of dollars because some dorks on the Internet might resent me for it"

The guy busts his ass, does every promotional appearance that WWE asks him to do and has earned his spot perhaps more than anyone else on the roster.
AS much as I do agree with you on Cena ( and I do ) the problem with Cena (and this is another horse that's been beat to death) the creative team. They've built him into such a rediculous superhero, there's really no where else for him to go.
Can't turn heel (they'd loose MILLIONS in merch)
Can't be beaten straight up in a fair match. Ever notice how every one of Super Cena's losses come because of a run in, interference, etc? Only CM Punk has been able to top Super Cena in a legit win, in recient memory. With that, who can he feud with?
Really lacks the skill set to pull off the "I'm the best wrestler in the world" thing that Punk's running with.
And so on, and so on, etc.
Even if a heel turn is totally out of the question, they've flirted a few times with the idea of a darker "anti-face" slant at times... Let the guy talk shit, let him beat the piss out of a few people, give him a legit run in or two, and give him a heel who can soundly beat his ass to feud with.
eddie lee roth
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by eddie lee roth »

C'mon Space Bear you should know better than to report wrestling(news)coming from the mothership.

Those fuckers aren't going to report the real news unless they have no choice I.E. legit injuries,Benoit,Guerrero.

Hell I don't blame ya though I bit on the JR being fired in his hometown angle from a few weeks ago until I realized they've even got JR to play along with their new version of kayfabe.

HHH jumpin on Punk's coattails only to derail Punk's success is nothing new, the story of the booker booking himself on to the next big storyline is nothing new its been done countless times in the past.
ParaDime77
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by ParaDime77 »

eddie lee roth wrote:C'mon Space Bear you should know better than to report wrestling(news)coming from the mothership.

Those fuckers aren't going to report the real news unless they have no choice I.E. legit injuries,Benoit,Guerrero.

Hell I don't blame ya though I bit on the JR being fired in his hometown angle from a few weeks ago until I realized they've even got JR to play along with their new version of kayfabe.

HHH jumpin on Punk's coattails only to derail Punk's success is nothing new, the story of the booker booking himself on to the next big storyline is nothing new its been done countless times in the past.
HHH in 2011 = Dusty Rhodes as booker mid 1980's
Everyone Is Someone Else's Bitch
Space Bear
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by Space Bear »

eddie lee roth wrote:C'mon Space Bear you should know better than to report wrestling(news)coming from the mothership.

Oh, I know they're full of shit. It just boggles my mind how they consistently ruin angles that start out strong. I guess I keep hoping they'll do it right for once. But it's said the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over while expecting a different result. Therefore, I am clearly insane.
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

Ahh don't feel bad we all are aren't we I mean we're still watching after all.
LAglamrocker
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by LAglamrocker »

yea
HHH is "hurt"
Punk wasnt "signed" at Money in the bank
James Storm isnt TNA Champ..wait that is true!
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

Space Bear wrote:Don't forget, next Monday the Muppets are in the house

santino will try to bang miss piggy
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

Well I don't really give a shit about TNA but for those that do tonight's impact wrestling sees Robert Roode turn into a heel and beat James Storm for the title,also that steriod infested douchebag from Jersey Shore makes his way into a match.
ozzyrulz777
On Wings of Lead

Post by ozzyrulz777 »

It would take longer than 6 weeks for HHH's injuries to heal than that.
ParaDime77

Post by ParaDime77 »

The "injury" to HHH is a work, the WWE doesn't want his and Big Sexy's storyline to interfere with The Rock coming back for Survivor Series and feels it doesn't need another "headliner" to go with the main event on that card.
Captain Morgan
Kenny Loggins

Post by Captain Morgan »

ParaDime77 wrote:The "injury" to HHH is a work, the WWE doesn't want his and Big Sexy's storyline to interfere with The Rock coming back for Survivor Series and feels it doesn't need another "headliner" to go with the main event on that card.
The best part of that is that they feel a HHH/Nash match would be a headline worthy match. Yikes. :shock:
paule5150
Opening for Slaughter

Post by paule5150 »

Barry Windham hospitalized, apparently in critical condition
Oct 26, 2011 - 11:41 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wrestling legend Barry Windham, who is mostly known for his time in the old NWA/Jim Crockett days and stints in the WWF, is in the ICU at a Florida hospital. According to Slam! Sports, Windham's father Bob (a/k/a Blackjack Mulligan) posted on Facebook, "I have a son near death," and that further posts indicate it was a stroke.

Shore's Slant: Wow. Windham was a big part of wrestling for me growing up. My thoughts and prayers go out to him and his family.

prowrestling.net
Space Bear
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by Space Bear »

Poor John Cena...
From humble beginnings growing up in West Newbury, Mass., to his nearly 10 years as a WWE Superstar, John Cena has absorbed more punishment than he’d probably care to recall. Whether he’s squaring off with The Miz & R-Truth in a Handicap Match on Raw SuperShow or competing in front of a hostile crowd, the stalwart Superstar doesn’t just shrug off animosity, he rises above it.

At Vengeance, on the same night his mission to capture Alberto Del Rio’s WWE Championship ended at the hands of the diabolical tandem known as The “Awesome Truth,” Cena’s new attire and the self-empowering message emblazoned in red, white and blue on the front – “Rise Above Hate” – provided the members of Cenation with some much-needed inspiration as their hero faced seemingly insurmountable odds.

John Cena“I wanted to make a positive statement,” Cena told WWE.com in describing his latest shirt, which features the logo of the anti-bullying “be a STAR” campaign printed on the sleeve. “I have a varied group of loyal fans out there that will literally back me through thick and thin. I’m known for crazy graphics and colors on my shirts, and I’ve pretty much run through the entire rainbow. I didn’t want the message to be drowned out with a graphic or anything like that, so we went real simple [with a black shirt] and put the words ‘Rise Above Hate’ with ‘Hustle, Loyalty, Respect’ on the back.”

Cena continued, “It really dawned on me when the phrase ‘Never Give Up’ became popular. I’ve never really said it on TV – maybe once – but everyone kind of associated it with me because it was on my T-shirts. I get so many messages on Twitter and questions like, ‘Hey, I’m being bullied at school. What do I do?’ Those are very personal situations, and each requires a unique approach to handle, but ‘Rise Above Hate’ is a way to tell someone to be the bigger person. Because if anyone gets bullied around here [in WWE], it’s me.”

At Vengeance, Cena also debuted new ring gear, replacing his iconic “jorts” with shorts featuring a variety of camouflage designs.

“The jean shorts, for the moment, have been retired,” Cena said assertively. “These are military-issued camo, and I think they will stand out. I have every U.S. Military service branch represented: Army, Marine Corps., Air Force, Navy and Coast Guard. I’ll be changing it up from time to time.”

However, Cena was quick to clarify that he hasn’t ditched the denim completely.

“They’re always in the closet,” Cena said. “Maybe when they come back in style 30 years from now I’ll bust them out for the WWE Hall of Fame or something.”
'Cause you know, overcoming superhuman odds while dickishly mocking opponents is the very definition of being bullied.
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

Rocks new shirt should be orange, and start mocking SuperCena new "toughman look"

i think Cena growing up bullied many kids. Him and his friends played football and lifted weights all day. Then tortured the nerds at school
KneelandBobDylan

Post by KneelandBobDylan »

Just saw this online.
-- At last word, wrestling legend Barry Windham is still in ICU at a Florida hospital. Windham has been described as "near death" by his father. Windham was reportedly found by current WWE agent Mike "IRS" Rotunda at his home.
I grew up with CWF and NWA, Barry Windham was everywhere back in the 80's.

Damn good worker.
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

Slightly off-topic I didn't realize until a few months a go on a thread in another section of this website that jorts or jean shorts as I call them had fallin out of fashion.

I've been wearing them for years and I espically like the carpenter-style ones because of all the pockets.

Imagine my suprise when I found that out, oh well I consider myself to old to be chasing whatever is hip I like to wear jean shorts and t-shirts of anykind although my favorite ones are of bands I like.

To hell with fashion I'm wearing what I feel comfortable in besides that I can't stand young kids anyway :lol:
ozzyrulz777
On Wings of Lead

Post by ozzyrulz777 »

ParaDime77 wrote:The "injury" to HHH is a work, the WWE doesn't want his and Big Sexy's storyline to interfere with The Rock coming back for Survivor Series and feels it doesn't need another "headliner" to go with the main event on that card.
I do not doubt it.
Angry Jew
Appetite For Chinese Democracy
Location: Buffalo,NY (Lets go SABRES!)-Swinging on Axl's nuts waiting patiently for Chinese Democracy part 2

Post by Angry Jew »

WWE's website has an article up where they're pushing for the return of the Hardcore Title, after Cody Rhodes recently brought back the classic white Intercontinental Title. Here's part of their hype:

"If the Hardcore Title ever does make a comeback, alliances will crumble and insanity will rule in its place, with an iron fist stronger than any potential Raw General Manager could ever dream of wielding. Whoever will place it around their waist will instantly be painting a target on their back. Everybody will be their enemy. Big, small, Superstar, Diva: all will be potential challengers, ready to pounce to win their own piece of glory.

WWE.com says: Bring back Hardcore havoc!"
Where's Izzy?
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

for road to Wrestlemania have a tournament on Raw and Smackdown. The final 4 for each have a Wreslemania match to crown.

If FOley is back he could ref it

congrats to TNA first show in 49ers town...400! but Hardy was "over" with the crowd!
Angry Jew
Appetite For Chinese Democracy
Location: Buffalo,NY (Lets go SABRES!)-Swinging on Axl's nuts waiting patiently for Chinese Democracy part 2

Post by Angry Jew »

WWE just released Maryse.BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
http://www.wwe.com/inside/maryse-released
Where's Izzy?
nakedmadman

Post by nakedmadman »

Angry Jew wrote:WWE just released Maryse.BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
let us hope her "future endeavors" include a playboy spread.
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

nakedmadman wrote:
Angry Jew wrote:WWE just released Maryse.BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
let us hope her "future endeavors" include a playboy spread.
Those playboy pics she took in the past were hot as hell esp. the one that showed her tities and all she had on was a pair of socks I think I must have threw away a whole villiage of potential kids in a kleenex down the toilet :oops:
Space Bear
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by Space Bear »

Hope you've been saving your pennies... a ringside seat at WM28 is gonna run you $1500...

Space Bear
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by Space Bear »

Why don't we see stuff like this on WWE shows?
ozzyrulz777
On Wings of Lead

Post by ozzyrulz777 »

The Muppets on Raw tonight!
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

why did WWE, smackdown Ryders show this week?
paule5150
Opening for Slaughter

Post by paule5150 »

Barry Windham update...

WWE Hall of Famer Jim Ross wrote the following on his Twitter page regarding Barry Windham. "Talked to Mike Rotunda today here in Atlanta, and he said Barry Windham was improving from heart attack and liver issues. Still hospitalized." Follow Ross on Twitter at Twitter.com/JRsBBQ.

Powell's POV: I had not heard that Windham was experiencing liver issues before, but it still sounds like he's making progress based on what Ross wrote. For those who missed it, Windham suffered a heart attack last week, and his brother in-law Rotunda was the person who found him.
ParaDime77

Post by ParaDime77 »

LAglamrocker wrote:why did WWE, smackdown Ryders show this week?
He's getting too over with the crowd and being that that they did not develop his character it's time to job him the fuck out to punish him.