The official NHL thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

johnk5150
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Re: The official NHL thread

Post by johnk5150 »

He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

John Simon Ritchie wrote:Looks like The Flyers are finally pulling it together...with or without Pronger.
Out for the season.
GrayAntiMatter wrote:EVH

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
John Simon Ritchie

Post by John Simon Ritchie »

pieceofme wrote:
John Simon Ritchie wrote:Looks like The Flyers are finally pulling it together...with or without Pronger.
Out for the season.
Yep. Shitty news. We still pulled it out again tonight. 7 straight.
"I was looking for that great jazz note that destroyed the walls of Jericho." - The Clash, The Sound Of Sinners
Scatman
Pimping Your Demo At Shows

Post by Scatman »

Anybody see the first episode of 24/7 Flyers-Rangers? Awesome stuff. They really should do this series every year. It's nice seeing hockey programming geared towards adults.
The shape of drunk to come.
John Simon Ritchie

Scatman wrote:Anybody see the first episode of 24/7 Flyers-Rangers? Awesome stuff. They really should do this series every year. It's nice seeing hockey programming geared towards adults.
Yeah, man. That was good stuff. Bryz was hilarious.
"I was looking for that great jazz note that destroyed the walls of Jericho." - The Clash, The Sound Of Sinners
WhiteHouseSubsAC
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by WhiteHouseSubsAC »

John Simon Ritchie wrote:
Scatman wrote:Anybody see the first episode of 24/7 Flyers-Rangers? Awesome stuff. They really should do this series every year. It's nice seeing hockey programming geared towards adults.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Of course your asshole is going to be sore when you volunteer for an asspounding and not set any boundaries at all.
Lardbucket
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Lardbucket »

Ray Emery's making it very difficult for Quenneville to put Crawford back in goal. Hawks tied for the most points in the league despite getting almost no offense at all from lines 3 or 4 and having a dismal penalty kill.
A proud Steve Jones nutswinger since 1977.
alecjonsludge
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by alecjonsludge »

Merry Christmas Wolf! looks like you got your present early:

http://sports.nationalpost.com/2011/12/ ... canadiens/

....His rumoured huge punititive bonus for early dismissal could only save him for so long it appears.
John Simon Ritchie

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck...and now Giroux.
Scatman
Pimping Your Demo At Shows

Post by Scatman »

WhiteHouseSubsAC wrote:
It's time for his own spinoff.

Giroux being out hurts like a motherfucker.
The shape of drunk to come.
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

alecjonsludge wrote:Merry Christmas Wolf! looks like you got your present early:

....His rumoured huge punititive bonus for early dismissal could only save him for so long it appears.
Yup, and I'm thrilled. My least favorite Habs coach of all time. He has a great goalie, and some decent offensive talent, and all he did was ask them to "make the safe play". Last game we were hanging in there with one of the best teams in the league, and 4th liner played Mathieu Darche played 17 minutes. More than Cammalleri, Pacioretty, Cole, and rookie Louis LeBlanc, who scored his first career goal, and then got all of 49 seconds of ice afterwards.

Not sure if Cunneyworth is any better, but I'm guessing he's going to loosen the reigns a bit.
chungasrevenge

Post by chungasrevenge »

WOLF wrote:
alecjonsludge wrote:Merry Christmas Wolf! looks like you got your present early:

Yup, and I'm thrilled. My least favorite Habs coach of all time. He has a great goalie, and some decent offensive talent, and all he did was ask them to "make the safe play". Last game we were hanging in there with one of the best teams in the league, and 4th liner played Mathieu Darche played 17 minutes. More than Cammalleri, Pacioretty, Cole, and rookie Louis LeBlanc, who scored his first career goal, and then got all of 49 seconds of ice afterwards.

Not sure if Cunneyworth is any better, but I'm guessing he's going to loosen the reigns a bit.
A move was probably for the better, but Martin did a pretty solid job over 3 years. A conference final and a bounce or two away from maybe a second one last year.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

Lardbucket wrote:Ray Emery's making it very difficult for Quenneville to put Crawford back in goal. Hawks tied for the most points in the league despite getting almost no offense at all from lines 3 or 4 and having a dismal penalty kill.
Only goalie in history of Hawks with better first ten games winning % is Hasek.
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
Tommy
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Tommy »

Anyone see Rangers win with 0.1 on the clock Saturday night in Phoenix?

Brad Richards is one FA signing that doesn't suck in Rangerland. About fucking time.
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

Tommy wrote:Anyone see Rangers win with 0.1 on the clock Saturday night in Phoenix?

Brad Richards is one FA signing that doesn't suck in Rangerland. About fucking time.
Yep. Cutting it fine!
GrayAntiMatter wrote:EVH

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
alecjonsludge

Post by alecjonsludge »

Not sure how many of you follow the Federal League,but there was quite the embarrassment Friday night that shows this league is more "semi" than "pro".

The Vermont team folded so League braintrusts threw together a team to play out of Delaware to take their place.Unfortunately, they stocked the team with beer leaguers who never played together before.The coach didn't know the players names so he yelled out their numbers when he wanted to make line changes.....problem here was,the players didn't know their jersey numbers.

To make matters worse,they were playing a Cape Cod team with numerous players with NCAA backgrounds as well as one former NHL'er,statatory rapist,Billy Tibbetts. Tibbetts lit it up with 2 goals and 7 assists as Cape Cod destroyed this new team 18-0 and outshot the Delaware team 109-18.

This league is probably the equivalent of Senior "B" or "C" here in Canada.

http://themaineevent.pointstreaksites.c ... news_39146
chungasrevenge

Post by chungasrevenge »

The Habs won't die! Damn them. Records and lineups don't seem to matter.
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

chungasrevenge wrote:The Habs won't die! Damn them. Records and lineups don't seem to matter.
Habs/B's; Habs/Leafs - doesn't matter who's where in the standings, those games will always be close. Organizational pride on the line. If the Habs could only get up for the games agains the Blue Jackets, Flames, Islanders, and Ducks we'd be OK.

Don't think I'm still not haunted by the fact that it took three OT victories, including game 7, for the Bruins to oust the Habs last year. Ask any Bruin who their toughest opponent in the playoffs was and they'll tell you.

Having said that, the Bruins are beasts. Deepest team in the league IMO. A Boston/Chicago final would be awesome this year.
LetUsPrey
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by LetUsPrey »

Finally caught 24/7 ondemand last night. I really wish I watched it last year. Fantastic show for a hockey fan.
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

LetUsPrey wrote:Finally caught 24/7 ondemand last night. I really wish I watched it last year. Fantastic show for a hockey fan.
the universe is so big....humangous huge.
alecjonsludge

Post by alecjonsludge »

Well Wolf,maybe Jacques wasn't the problem....
John Simon Ritchie

Looking forward to Flyers/Rangers tonight. A final warm up for the Winter Classic.
chungasrevenge

Post by chungasrevenge »

h
WOLF wrote:
chungasrevenge wrote:The Habs won't die! Damn them. Records and lineups don't seem to matter.
Habs/B's; Habs/Leafs - doesn't matter who's where in the standings, those games will always be close. Organizational pride on the line. If the Habs could only get up for the games agains the Blue Jackets, Flames, Islanders, and Ducks we'd be OK.

Don't think I'm still not haunted by the fact that it took three OT victories, including game 7, for the Bruins to oust the Habs last year. Ask any Bruin who their toughest opponent in the playoffs was and they'll tell you.

Having said that, the Bruins are beasts. Deepest team in the league IMO. A Boston/Chicago final would be awesome this year.
The Habs are without a doubt the toughest matchup for the Bruins. The Rangers also make me nervous in the conference. The B's always seem to have problems against them. I'm interested to see how they match up this year.

That series was a coin toss. I can't believe they won without a power play goal.

Hope the B's don't peak too soon and Peverly needs to hit the net more. Those are about my only complaints at this point. The 4 line depth is really paying off and Julien rolls them out consistently and keeps the ice time down across the board. They wear teams down by the third period.
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

alecjonsludge wrote:Well Wolf,maybe Jacques wasn't the problem....
He was a big part of it. For three years he's been telling offensive players to "make the safe play" and totally screwed with who they are. NOBODY could fix that overnight. Throw in the language circus, and the fact that some of the vets are indeed dead weight, and you have the fuckin' Titanic.

This is a good draft year. I would trade Cammalleri, Gionta, Gill, and Gomez if that's possible. Load up on draft picks. The future of this team is Price, Gorges, Subban, some of the other young D, Plekanec, Pacioretty, Desharnais, Eller, and Cole as the veteran presence.

Another huge issue is: do the Habs trust Pierre Gauthier to make deals?
alecjonsludge

Post by alecjonsludge »

Ahh,just joshin' ya Wolf. A lot of blame goes towards Gainey IMO,but you're right, to stifle playmakers into a dump and chase style was certainly puzzling.

I'm sure you read Hickey's piece this week defending Martin,what was your take on that.He did raise some interesting points,ie,Gionta and Gomez playing this style in NJ.

Here,relax with some holiday music,Oh Hossa Night! FTW!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CR6mhS0KUq4
chungasrevenge

Post by chungasrevenge »

Sweet move by Pouliot:

Anne_Thrax
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by Anne_Thrax »

LetUsPrey wrote:Finally caught 24/7 ondemand last night. I really wish I watched it last year. Fantastic show for a hockey fan.
Hahah they showed that game where the Flyers got their asses completely handed to them by the Bruins. At home. I totally forgot about that game.
John Simon Ritchie

Anne_Thrax wrote:
Hahah they showed that game where the Flyers got their asses completely handed to them by the Bruins. At home. I totally forgot about that game.
You know, you're hot and all, but I'll be damned if you wouldn't look great with a D cell to the noggin'. :wink: :P
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

Bernie Parnet, FTW. That was awesome as hell.
WhiteHouseSubsAC

Post by WhiteHouseSubsAC »

Anne_Thrax wrote:
You know, you're hot and all, but I'll be damned if you wouldn't look great with a D cell to the noggin'. :wink: :P
It's awesome to hear the chick that doesn't even have a team anymore still talking shit.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Of course your asshole is going to be sore when you volunteer for an asspounding and not set any boundaries at all.