NFL 2011 Thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

NeverSurrender
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Re: NFL 2011 Thread

Post by NeverSurrender »

Tenacious_Dio wrote:
Crazy Levi wrote:
NeverSurrender wrote:My 9 year old niece wanted to be a Vikes fan and i talked her out of it, no shit.
Not cool brah.

I took my nephew to 2 Redskins games this year (both losses of course - one to your fucking bullshit Vikings and Joe "Tarkenton reborn" Webb). We are bringing him up right.

Part of sports fandom - and yes, life (hallmark moment!) - is understanding that you aren't always going to win, and that there are ebbs and flows.

Your niece is gonna turn out like P13 if you aren't careful.
It depends. Does his niece live in Minnesota, or their tv market? If not, why sentence her to a lifetime of NFL Sunday Ticket subscriptions?

Exactly. She lives in Florida. She plays volleyball and knows how to win and lose. Being a Vikings fan is bad... very bad, I helped her out.

Lots of teams don't win, but there isn't another in the 4 sports who kicks their fans in the balls more than Vikes do. The Red Sox were good at that, but they finally won. And she's 12 now and not a Vikes fan.
HMJ
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by HMJ »

What about the Cubs?
"FUN'S OVER."
MickeyG
Doing 20 Questions with Metal Sludge

Post by MickeyG »

NeverSurrender wrote:
Exactly. She lives in Florida. She plays volleyball and knows how to win and lose. Being a Vikings fan is bad... very bad, I helped her out.

Lots of teams don't win, but there isn't another in the 4 sports who kicks their fans in the balls more than Vikes do. The Red Sox were good at that, but they finally won. And she's 12 now and not a Vikes fan.
She was probably trying to bond with you, picking the same team as you. Like my son shouts for the Dolphins because he's my boy. He really doesn't care whether they win or lose. He just like to cheer with Daddy, or laugh at me cursing when they lose once again.
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

MickeyG wrote:
NeverSurrender wrote:

She was probably trying to bond with you, picking the same team as you. Like my son shouts for the Dolphins because he's my boy. He really doesn't care whether they win or lose. He just like to cheer with Daddy, or laugh at me cursing when they lose once again.
Yeah, I get that. i doubt I really talked her out of it, as she really doesn't care about watching sports.
Pimp_From_The_Grave

Post by Pimp_From_The_Grave »

Breaking News Hound: BREAKING: Rosenhaus: "Mastermind" Mike McCoy To Be Miami Dolphins ...

breakingnewshound.com— Super agent Drew Rosenhaus says Denver Offensive Coordinator Mike McCoy will be the Miami Dolphins next coach. Rosenhaus, calling McCoy a "mastermind," made the comments on WQAM's The Joe Rose Show in Miami. 14 min ago

:wink:
ImageImage
Tenacious_Dio
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Tenacious_Dio »

With the house cleaning that's going on in Indy right now, it's hard to imagine Manning coming back. :|
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

Tenacious_Dio wrote:With the house cleaning that's going on in Indy right now, it's hard to imagine Manning coming back. :|
I've been saying for months that Manning is either retired or playing for someone else next season.

I keep thinking the New York Jets.

A few have mentioned that it's cold in NJ in the winter...but it's not like it's fucking Green Bay or anything. And returning the Jets to the Super Bowl for the first time in over 40 years would be a ridiculously awesome career capper for Manning.

Or he can come back to a team filled with familiar faces and try to lose in the playoffs again as a Colt. I don't see the allure.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Today is the 10th anniversary of "The Tuck Rule". I can still remember watching the game and not believing what I was seeing. Part of me was ok with the ruling because I get satisfaction in seeing the Raiders lose.
NFL Rule 3, Section 22, Article 2, Note 2. When [an offensive] player is holding the ball to pass it forward, any intentional forward movement of his arm starts a forward pass, even if the player loses possession of the ball as he is attempting to tuck it back toward his body. Also, if the player has tucked the ball into his body and then loses possession, it is a fumble.

Since playing this game the Pats have won about 75% of their games & 12 playoffs games, while the Raiders have won about 35% of their games and I believe just 2 playoff games.
Pimp_From_The_Grave

Machado wrote:Today is the 10th anniversary of "The Tuck Rule". I can still remember watching the game and not believing what I was seeing. Part of me was ok with the ruling because I get satisfaction in seeing the Raiders lose.
NFL Rule 3, Section 22, Article 2, Note 2. When [an offensive] player is holding the ball to pass it forward, any intentional forward movement of his arm starts a forward pass, even if the player loses possession of the ball as he is attempting to tuck it back toward his body. Also, if the player has tucked the ball into his body and then loses possession, it is a fumble.

Since playing this game the Pats have won about 75% of their games & 12 playoffs games, while the Raiders have won about 35% of their games and I believe just 2 playoff games.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs0 ... id=3227245

ImageImage
MickeyG

Post by MickeyG »

Machado wrote:Today is the 10th anniversary of "The Tuck Rule". I can still remember watching the game and not believing what I was seeing. Part of me was ok with the ruling because I get satisfaction in seeing the Raiders lose.

I just watched the video on this again because I'd never read the rule before that you quoted. It looked to me, based on the rule that it was called correctly. Stupid rule though, in my opinion.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

Machado wrote:Today is the 10th anniversary of "The Tuck Rule".
It's also the anniversary of Hugh Douglas ending Jim Miller's career by sitting on his head after Miller threw a pick and tried to tackle the runner.
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
Redman77
Beer & Titty King

Post by Redman77 »

Or also know as RBO day.
saracapri wrote: It's true. I'm wild for buttsex.
WTF
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by WTF »

Redman77 wrote:

Or also know as RBO day.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

MickeyG wrote:

I just watched the video on this again because I'd never read the rule before that you quoted. It looked to me, based on the rule that it was called correctly. Stupid rule though, in my opinion.
I agree with you. The rule is stupid.
Walt Coleman was just doing his job. The man did not have the power to make up his own rule at the time.
MickeyG

Post by MickeyG »

Pimp_From_The_Grave wrote:Breaking News Hound: BREAKING: Rosenhaus: "Mastermind" Mike McCoy To Be Miami Dolphins ...

breakingnewshound.com— Super agent Drew Rosenhaus says Denver Offensive Coordinator Mike McCoy will be the Miami Dolphins next coach. Rosenhaus, calling McCoy a "mastermind," made the comments on WQAM's The Joe Rose Show in Miami. 14 min ago

Missed this post first time around. No confirmation on NFL.com yet, and I hope it's not true.
Luminiferous
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Luminiferous »

Redman77 wrote:

Or also know as RBO day.
Actually wouldn't that be ZVD day?
Facedown

Post by Facedown »

Dolphins hire Joe Philbin for head coach.
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
WhiteHouseSubsAC

Post by WhiteHouseSubsAC »

Facedown wrote:Dolphins hire Joe Philbin for head coach.
are they going to let his kid be the mascot?

too soon?
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Of course your asshole is going to be sore when you volunteer for an asspounding and not set any boundaries at all.
cantstopthemusic
Ya'll Cum?

Post by cantstopthemusic »

WhiteHouseSubsAC wrote:

too soon?
Yeah.

Too soon, SubsAMINDADA.
Aquanetsuperhold
Headlining Clubs

Post by Aquanetsuperhold »

We here are all hoping for a few more of these today.
This guy is so much fun to watch. He really loves to play the game.

http://youtu.be/AlLp2hsZdW4
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

HMJ wrote:What about the Cubs?
I'm actually trying to steer my boys in another direction. Any other direction.

$tevil
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

WhiteHouseSubsAC wrote:

too soon?
Dolphins are usally pretty solid in the water.

$tevil
Pimp_From_The_Grave

MickeyG wrote:
Pimp_From_The_Grave wrote:Breaking News Hound: BREAKING: Rosenhaus: "Mastermind" Mike McCoy To Be Miami Dolphins ...

Missed this post first time around. No confirmation on NFL.com yet, and I hope it's not true.

It was............ :D
ImageImage
Aquanetsuperhold
Headlining Clubs

Post by Aquanetsuperhold »

In other shocking Patriots news...Ocho-no-show will not be playing today. I forgot he was even on the team.
Tymaster

Post by Tymaster »

Patriots win it all and Belichick rides off into the sun set.
The outcome of the NFC game matters not.
LouDoo wrote:Neon has to be the most active poster who actually contributes the least, despite all the threads he starts. He has no redeeming value. He's completely useless.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

I predict Pats will win the game by double digits.

49ers versus Giants game is a very, very difficult game to
predict.
The weather will be a factor. A lot of rain has fallen in the area over the last 2 days and more rain is in the forecast today.
Not sure which team has the advantage with the sloppy field.

Game is decided by field goals.
Giants win 17-16
SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

I'm going to say:

AFC
New England over Baltimore
Something along the lines of 24-21 or 28-24

NFC
New York over San Francisco
Experience and luck favor NY.
cantstopthemusic
Ya'll Cum?

Post by cantstopthemusic »

SkyDog112046 wrote:I'm going to say:

AFC
New England over Baltimore
Something along the lines of 24-21 or 28-24

NFC
New York over San Francisco
Experience and luck favor NY.

Try 45-17. If they call off the dogs before the 8:00 mark in the 4th.
SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

That game was exactly what I thought it was going to be. Ugly game.
theglammerthebetter

Post by theglammerthebetter »

Fuck i was pumped for the OT
They say all good boys go to heaven
But bad boys bring heaven to you