Indianapolis: Best Super Bowl Host City EVER

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

K.K.VanMalmsteen
Headlining Clubs

Re: Indianapolis: Best Super Bowl Host City EVER

Post by K.K.VanMalmsteen »

poizond13 wrote: Indy does a nice job with that massive crowd year in and year out and that's no easy task. No other city in the world has to deal with that kind of crowd from one single event every year..
Welcome to New York. Up to a million people every New Year's Eve, for about the last 100 years. That shits all over your little Hot Wheels race. And we have the better Manning. Go Big Blue.

eddie lee roth wrote:If you want to hold hands and sing Kumbaya before we blow each other you've come to the wrong place motherfucker.
MetalSludgeCEO wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:25 am Ready, Set, Anal.
$tEvil
Crazy Levi
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Crazy Levi »

Holy fucking shit. :lol: :lol:

END THREAD
Space Bear
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by Space Bear »

my bestest friend ever deathcurse wrote:Space Bear is boring. He'll cry about this and I won't read it because he just sucks and makes me want to get hit by a car.
HMJ
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by HMJ »

Once again....even in NYC...can't drink on the street. So how is that a party? May as well be the fucking Macy's Thanksgiving parade with a bunch of dads hoisting their brats on their shoulders.

Do want to stand around looking at lights? Or do you want to party?
"FUN'S OVER."
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

Jesus Christ you fucking moron...

I LOVE New Orleans. But it isn't the only goddamn place on the planet where you can "party."

You see, in New York City not everybody is poor ass fucking broke. You and your friends can actually afford to go INSIDE, to a bar or something like a civilized human. And, generally you aren't so poor that you can afford to leave a quarter of a drink in your glass when you leave a bar, and buy a fresh one when you get to your destination. The bars stay open till 4, which I know isn't exactly the 24-hour New Orleans bonanza but generally it's enough for most folks.

Another nice thing about New York is that you can actually leave a 20 block radius without fear of getting shot. I was down in NOLA for Halloween and 15 people got shot. Halloween fucking night. In the FUCKING QUARTER which is supposed to be the safest place in that crime infested town.

And, if you are a little resourceful, you can actually walk around with a drink. It's called taking a vitamin water bottle and filling it with bourbon...wow that was fucking tough. Sometimes you have to be resourceful...you need to work around obstacles. Just like in New Orleans, with a little care, you can manage to avoid the 97% of the city where certain death lurks behind every dark corner.

Seriously dude. NOLA certainly has it's charms but it isn't the only fucking place in the world where you can have a good time.
SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

Crazy Levi wrote:Seriously dude. NOLA certainly has it's charms but it isn't the only fucking place in the world where you can have a good time.
Yeah, NOLA is not the only place in the world to go have a good time.

Indy is.
:lol:
poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

Bret Michaels ROCKS the Indy Super Bowl village!!!
http://www.indystar.com/article/2012012 ... dyStar.com
DISCLAIMER: The below images were forced upon me against my will by the moderator and are NOT of my choosing.

SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

poizond13 wrote:Bret Michaels ROCKS the Indy Super Bowl village!!!
http://www.indystar.com/article/2012012 ... dyStar.com
How far away were you required to stay? And when does the restraining order expire?
poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

HUGE crowd for Bret's show. I hear he payed homage to hometown hero John Mellencamp with a cover of "Pink Houses." Can't wait to see video of that one!!

DISCLAIMER: The below images were forced upon me against my will by the moderator and are NOT of my choosing.

HMJ

Post by HMJ »

Crazy Levi wrote:Jesus Christ you fucking moron...

I LOVE New Orleans. But it isn't the only goddamn place on the planet where you can "party."

You see, in New York City not everybody is poor ass fucking broke. You and your friends can actually afford to go INSIDE, to a bar or something like a civilized human. And, generally you aren't so poor that you can afford to leave a quarter of a drink in your glass when you leave a bar, and buy a fresh one when you get to your destination. The bars stay open till 4, which I know isn't exactly the 24-hour New Orleans bonanza but generally it's enough for most folks.

Another nice thing about New York is that you can actually leave a 20 block radius without fear of getting shot. I was down in NOLA for Halloween and 15 people got shot. Halloween fucking night. In the FUCKING QUARTER which is supposed to be the safest place in that crime infested town.

And, if you are a little resourceful, you can actually walk around with a drink. It's called taking a vitamin water bottle and filling it with bourbon...wow that was fucking tough. Sometimes you have to be resourceful...you need to work around obstacles. Just like in New Orleans, with a little care, you can manage to avoid the 97% of the city where certain death lurks behind every dark corner.

Seriously dude. NOLA certainly has it's charms but it isn't the only fucking place in the world where you can have a good time.
Dude the element of danger is what makes it great. If you were in the quarter on halloween night, shame on you. That's where your dumb tourist ass would be. Everyone else is on Frenchmen St. in the Marigny area behind the Quarter. I was there. Great time.

My point is in NYC, there will be an army of cops watching you on NYE. I've shotgunned beers with Cops in uniform at Mardi Gras. In fact it is Mardi Gras tradition to give cops red bull cans filled with vodka while they stand out on the parade route. Getting a full drink in a to-go cup for the walk to the next bar should be fucking easy, not a little spy mission.

It's a lawless shithole and it's fantastic. And yeah people get shot every year at Mardi Gras, Halloween and the worst - Essence Fest / Bayou Classic. If you don't know what that is, Google it. When I worked on Bourbon you were not allowed to take off for Essence Fest, which is always 4th of July weekend.

NYC goes to 4am and I know Chicago goes to 5am on Saturdays. Still not good enough. I like options. I don't want to be forced to go home. Especially if I'm just getting off work at 4 or 5am - which is what you do as a bartender. It's not a matter of being broke, it's just a matter of personal freedom. I don't do it all the time - but the option is there when I need it.
"FUN'S OVER."
bane
Threesome with Pam and Donna

Post by bane »

Crazy Levi wrote:
And, if you are a little resourceful, you can actually walk around with a drink. It's called taking a vitamin water bottle and filling it with bourbon...wow that was fucking tough. Sometimes you have to be resourceful...you need to work around obstacles.
The last time I was in NYC, I was there with my band. We flew into La Guardia, rented a van and headed towards Jersey (we were playing in NYC but staying in Jersey where you can get a hotel room bigger than a matchbox for a reasonable price). We stopped and picked up a 12 pack and were having a beer on the way. I was later informed by the promoter that that was a REALLY bad idea in Manhattan. I guess we should have bought a few vitamin water bottles huh?
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

Fuck you and your Frenchie st. bullshit. I know all about the fucking Marigny. I stay a block away from Checkpoint Charlie's every time I stay there.

I was at fucking One-Eye Jacks on Halloween night, and then at 3 am headed over to Bourbon street to pick up the shot girl I'm fucking...is that hip enough for you?

And before heading over to One-Eyed, we spent about 2 hours partying on fucking FRENCHMEN STREET. I have pictures to prove it if you don't believe me, Christ. We found a real nice spot right by the doorway of that dumplings and trance Japanese joint.

What the fuck did YOU do on Halloween that was so awesome and non-touristy?

Holy fuck, you are like some kind of New Orleans hipster...awesome...

My point stands - you are a fucking idiot if you seriously believe that New Orleans is the only place you can have a good time. Everywhere has it's pluses or minuses...maybe getting shot because you dared wander out to Rampart sounds like "part of the fun" to you, but I'm not going to say it's charming.

I've got plenty of friends in New Orleans, and none of them are as dumb as you.
cantstopthemusic
Ya'll Cum?

Post by cantstopthemusic »

Which just goes to show "You can take the HUGE fucking loser out of New Orleans, but ....."
Space Bear
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by Space Bear »

my bestest friend ever deathcurse wrote:Space Bear is boring. He'll cry about this and I won't read it because he just sucks and makes me want to get hit by a car.
demolition23
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by demolition23 »

poizond13 wrote:No other city in the world has to deal with that kind of crowd from one single event every year.
Don't talk about the world like you know about the world.

To suggest no other city in the world can match hosting a gathering the size of the Indy 500 (great event though it is) annually is beyond ignorant.
Moggio wrote:You see, the problem with you is that you act like I have no credibility or something.
PhoenixFlames wrote:AVATAR made 2.7 billion which (maths) is close to 3 x million millions!!!!!!
demolition23
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by demolition23 »

Funniest thing in all this is that the beloved Colts are doing their best to steal some headlines from the Super Bowl their city is hosting by imploding a little more on every episode of SportsCenter.
Moggio wrote:You see, the problem with you is that you act like I have no credibility or something.
PhoenixFlames wrote:AVATAR made 2.7 billion which (maths) is close to 3 x million millions!!!!!!
Facedown
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by Facedown »

Space Bear wrote:Image
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
Heenan Snuka

Post by Heenan Snuka »

Space Bear wrote:Image

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Stoner wrote:
...we stopped at a restaurant to eat and I was wearing a Sludge shirt. Someone came up and asked me if I read the messageboard - I touched cloth for a split second and then said the shirt was my husband's and just looked at them retardedly.
HMJ

Post by HMJ »

Crazy Levi wrote:Fuck you and your Frenchie st. bullshit. I know all about the fucking Marigny. I stay a block away from Checkpoint Charlie's every time I stay there.

I was at fucking One-Eye Jacks on Halloween night, and then at 3 am headed over to Bourbon street to pick up the shot girl I'm fucking...is that hip enough for you?

And before heading over to One-Eyed, we spent about 2 hours partying on fucking FRENCHMEN STREET. I have pictures to prove it if you don't believe me, Christ. We found a real nice spot right by the doorway of that dumplings and trance Japanese joint.

What the fuck did YOU do on Halloween that was so awesome and non-touristy?

Holy fuck, you are like some kind of New Orleans hipster...awesome...

My point stands - you are a fucking idiot if you seriously believe that New Orleans is the only place you can have a good time. Everywhere has it's pluses or minuses...maybe getting shot because you dared wander out to Rampart sounds like "part of the fun" to you, but I'm not going to say it's charming.

I've got plenty of friends in New Orleans, and none of them are as dumb as you.
Details, sir, details. I barhopped from Lee Circle to Frenchmen on halloween night. Though the saturday before I was on Frenchmen rocking VIP at the Manny Fresh / Juvie show at Masion. As for halloween, we bounced around but spent most our time on the free balcony at blue nile before I picked up some chick and fucked her at a hotel in the CBD. Then after getting kicked out of the hotel at 6am, I put my costume back on and walked back to Frenchmen to meet up with my friends who were closing up Maison. Ended up taking a cab back uptown at some point.

Crime in nola is black on black 90% of the time. I got shot at more times in the year I lived in Chicago. Never had any issues in NOLA, and I walked through some bad areas down South Broad everyday when I worked on Bourbon. Pre-Katrina. But even after I never ran into trouble.

But this is all a moot point, can't stand the Quarter most of the time, I'm either uptown on Mid-City.

504, son! U.P.T.!
"FUN'S OVER."
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

Spacebear: The Dark Horse of Sludge Photoshopping
poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

Indianapolis host committee says 10,000 people attended the Bret Michaels concert last night. Not bad!

johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

HMJ wrote:

and I know Chicago goes to 5am on Saturdays.
I can have 3 five oclock bars that I can walk to in 7 minutes from my house. They are 5 AM every day. 95% of the taverns here are 3. The 5 AM license is fucking expensive.
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
HMJ

Post by HMJ »

I just remember there were 4am bars that could go to 5 on Saturdays. I know there were some (The Continental) that were open real late all the time. It was still aggravating because I'd close my bar in Lincoln Park at 3, maybe get out 4 and catch a cab to Wicker to hit a 5am place. Barely get a beer and shot down and it was time to go home.
"FUN'S OVER."
K.K.VanMalmsteen
Headlining Clubs

Post by K.K.VanMalmsteen »

poizond13 wrote:Indianapolis host committee says 10,000 people attended the Bret Michaels concert last night. Not bad!
Yeah. Really looks like 10,000. :roll:
poizond13 wrote:HUGE crowd for Bret's show.
eddie lee roth wrote:If you want to hold hands and sing Kumbaya before we blow each other you've come to the wrong place motherfucker.
MetalSludgeCEO wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:25 am Ready, Set, Anal.
$tEvil
poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

"Of the estimated 30,000 people in the Village, about 10,000 were at the Bret Michaels concert Friday night."

http://www.indystar.com/article/2012012 ... 000-Friday

eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

Wow they were really bringing out the big stars the other night that story said dj pauley d was there also :roll:
Luminiferous
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Luminiferous »

poizond13 wrote:Indianapolis host committee says 10,000 people attended the Bret Michaels concert last night. Not bad!
Since it was FREE and part of the Super Bowl city hosting party... WOW! :lol:
SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

Luminiferous wrote:
Since it was FREE and part of the Super Bowl city hosting party... WOW! :lol:

30,000 people hanging around and 20,000 of them passed up seeing Bert Miracles for free.
Tenacious_Dio
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Tenacious_Dio »

I'm glad Indy is doing a good job, but they're not gonna host another Super Bowl. At least not unitl they build their next stadium. :|
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

It's Indianapolis, what the fuck else are people going to do?

This is a town where you can go to the movies or see Bert.

Talk about a captive audience.

Speaking of which...since you live in Indy and all P-13, how was the show?

Is there anything else free and cool going on?