NFL 2011 Thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Crazy Levi
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Re: NFL 2011 Thread

Post by Crazy Levi »

Colts fans are HUGE bandwagoneers. That dump Hoosier Dome used to be empty all the time. The Indianapolis Colts sucked for a long time before they got good and were a distant second place to Knight's Hoosiers.

And now after ONE bad season Colts fans are again leaving in droves. That story I posted stated a big Colts bar in the burbs lost 80% of its business this season. Astounding.
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

Once again, it has never happened and it won't happen this time. Nobody is going to pay that much for one postion so one guy can ride the pine.

It's over p13, and you're wrong again. My wish for you one day is you can be a normal fan and say things like "I hope" and "It would rule if this or that happened" instead of you acting like you are in the front office. You will come off much less douchey. Maybe.
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

As a Vikes fans of almost 35 years, nobody can call me a bandwagoner. They've never won anything.
poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

NeverSurrender wrote:Once again, it has never happened and it won't happen this time. Nobody is going to pay that much for one postion so one guy can ride the pine.

It's over p13, and you're wrong again. My wish for you one day is you can be a normal fan and say things like "I hope" and "It would rule if this or that happened" instead of you acting like you are in the front office. You will come off much less douchey. Maybe.
You're right, it hasn't happened... after 1 year of the rookie cap. Idiot. All the analysts who were also saying for months that the Colts should draft Luck and keep Manning were all idiots too, I guess. The only reason the tide has turned on that is that Peyton is not healthy, which makes paying him $28 million impossible. It has ZERO to do with the cap.

But if you knew anything about football, you'd know that.
DISCLAIMER: The below images were forced upon me against my will by the moderator and are NOT of my choosing.

NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I didn't read any of that.
Tommy
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Tommy »

Best thread on Sludge
MickeyG
Doing 20 Questions with Metal Sludge

Post by MickeyG »

As soon as I started following the Dolphins after the Bears Super bowl year, they've been pretty shit for the most part. Even the years they made the playoffs in that time, they still failed miserably.

Anyways, it's going to take a GM with big balls to hire Manning once he gets cut from the Cunts. Unless he can prove his fitness in a really short space of time AND take a huge pay cut.
SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

NeverSurrender wrote:As a Vikes fans of almost 35 years, nobody can call me a bandwagoner. They've never won anything.
I loved those 70's Viking teams. Tarkenton and the Purple People Eaters were awesome. I wanted them to beat the Raiders so badly in SB XI.
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

SkyDog112046 wrote:
NeverSurrender wrote:As a Vikes fans of almost 35 years, nobody can call me a bandwagoner. They've never won anything.
I loved those 70's Viking teams. Tarkenton and the Purple People Eaters were awesome. I wanted them to beat the Raiders so badly in SB XI.

I started following them the next season. I still have yet to see my team play in the Super Bowl.
MurrayFiend

Post by MurrayFiend »

The Pats' punter has a hell of a background.

http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/good-sp ... -war-glory
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Any chicks on this board like Sean Connery or Roger Moore?
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

<---------- Still wondering what Cris Carter did to piss of the Hall Of Fame "selection committee." Dicks.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

DOWN2WHISKEY wrote:He ran away w/ the MVP! Rodgers 48-Brees 2.....ouch! I figured it'd be closer!!!

Now many votes did Peyton get?
MickeyG

Post by MickeyG »

Interesting NFL expansion plans as I mentioned a few pages back.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sp ... wners.html
SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

MickeyG wrote:Interesting NFL expansion plans as I mentioned a few pages back.

Right now it's 32 teams, 16 in each conference, 4 in each division. Adding a single team will throw everything out of whack. So they would need to bring in at least 2 teams, if not 4 and then expand the schedule. Not to mention the disadvantage a team in Europe would face having to travel for 8 games a year. The London to California trips would be murder. There would be a lot of logistics to work out. To add two teams they need another 106 players. Not to mention there aren't enough QBs to go around as it is. I understand they are always looking for new revenue streams, but they have a good thing going right now - why risk screwing it up?
MickeyG

Post by MickeyG »

I agree with everything you say about schedule and logistics.

But I guess $9 billion in annual revenues just isn't enough.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

SkyDog112046 wrote:

Right now it's 32 teams, 16 in each conference, 4 in each division. Adding a single team will throw everything out of whack. So they would need to bring in at least 2 teams, if not 4 and then expand the schedule. Not to mention the disadvantage a team in Europe would face having to travel for 8 games a year. The London to California trips would be murder. There would be a lot of logistics to work out. To add two teams they need another 106 players. Not to mention there aren't enough QBs to go around as it is. I understand they are always looking for new revenue streams, but they have a good thing going right now - why risk screwing it up?
Expansion is not a great idea. But feel free to move the Bills or Jags or Rams to London.
SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

Crazy Levi wrote:
SkyDog112046 wrote:

Expansion is not a great idea. But feel free to move the Bills or Jags or Rams to London.
The Rams are going to be London's "home team" for the next 3 seasons. That could be their destination. The Bills appear to be headed to Toronto if they go anywhere, they may even split their games between the two cities. Who knows with the Jags - maybe LA if they can get the stadium situation resolved.

Say they put the Rams in London. They would have to offer some type of incentive for the players to go there. Between the travel and the tax situation it's not a place where the better free agents would want to go.
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

London is the dumbest idea these whackjobs have ever had. This is called getting too big for your britches. Leave it the way it is.

Goodell is assraping the history of the league.

I'm pretty sure Paul Brown, Papa Bear, Landry, Al Davis, Lombardi, Curly Lambeau's drunk ass, Pete Rozelle are all laughing at this shit wherever they are now. Fucking idiots.
bane
Threesome with Pam and Donna

Post by bane »

The NFL does not need expansion. If anything they either need to contract or at least move a couple of teams. The London thing is ridiculous. I know they want to try and expand the brand world wide, but the logistics are just not feasible. The London team will be at a distinct disadvantage traveling half way around the world half of their games. Think of how bad west coast teams generally perform on the East coast. Multiply that by an ocean. God forbid they have a short week with a Monday game.
Tymaster

Post by Tymaster »

bane wrote:The NFL does not need expansion. If anything they either need to contract or at least move a couple of teams. The London thing is ridiculous. I know they want to try and expand the brand world wide, but the logistics are just not feasible. The London team will be at a distinct disadvantage traveling half way around the world half of their games. Think of how bad west coast teams generally perform on the East coast. Multiply that by an ocean. God forbid they have a short week with a Monday game.
The London team will play 4 home and 4 away with a homebase in the US for those two months of the season. Giving them a distinct disadvantage in the US and a distinct homefield advantage as well. I too am opposed to this idea. The Saint Louis/Los Angeles/Cleveland Rams are looking into the idea though. That said, I say let 'em move. A dome built in 1995 isn't good enough for you? See ya!
LouDoo wrote:Neon has to be the most active poster who actually contributes the least, despite all the threads he starts. He has no redeeming value. He's completely useless.
bigbuttskinner
Headlining Clubs

Post by bigbuttskinner »

I like the fact that each team will get at least one primetime game next year thanks to Thursday Night Football. I am a Browns fan so obviously they don't flood the national stage too often.
michelish wrote: VH album will be dropping first half of 2019. Album has been completed for a few months. They've been recording on and off since just after last tour.Finalizing title and artwork.
Nitrorulz wrote: I predict “The Dirt” will do double that.
referring to Queen movie
Tymaster

Post by Tymaster »

bigbuttskinner wrote:I like the fact that each team will get at least one primetime game next year thanks to Thursday Night Football. I am a Browns fan so obviously they don't flood the national stage too often.
I am take it or leave it with TNF. It kills gameweek preparation, but the playing field is leveled because both teams have to suffer through it. I think my biggest hang up with TNF is that I find NFL Network to have terrible in game coverage. And don't even get me started with what ESPN has done to MNF.
LouDoo wrote:Neon has to be the most active poster who actually contributes the least, despite all the threads he starts. He has no redeeming value. He's completely useless.
SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

The league average salary is $1.6M. If you are an average free agent and you have a choice of 5 or 6 US based teams with federal and state taxes around 40% or going to London with their taxes somewhere around 65%, where are you going to go?

Taking home $960k vs $560k is a no brainer. Taking away all the logistical aspects of the travel and being away from family out of it there still is just too much of a disparity in the money to make it feasible. Maybe they would have to have an adjusted salary cap to even out the take home.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

I used to hate Rachel Nichols. This morning I'm wondering if she enjoys givin g head.
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

johnk5150 wrote:I used to hate Rachel Nichols. This morning I'm wondering if she enjoys givin g head.

I never liked her , and the bingo arms she has aqcuired over time don't do it for me either. But Michelle Beadle is the one reason left to watch ESPN.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

SkyDog112046 wrote:The league average salary is $1.6M. If you are an average free agent and you have a choice of 5 or 6 US based teams with federal and state taxes around 40% or going to London with their taxes somewhere around 65%, where are you going to go?

Taking home $960k vs $560k is a no brainer. Taking away all the logistical aspects of the travel and being away from family out of it there still is just too much of a disparity in the money to make it feasible. Maybe they would have to have an adjusted salary cap to even out the take home.
Despite being a Jew I'm no accountant.

But would they still have to pay those UK taxes only living there for 4 or 5 months a year?

Even training camp they could do in the US.
SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

Maybe Goodell is reading the Locker Room threads?
:lol:

Roger Goodell let down by Pro Bowl
“Goodell If the fans are responding negatively to what we're doing, we better listen. ” -- Roger Goodell

The quality of play in this season's Pro Bowl has drawn criticism from fans, former players and at least one player who played in the game. On Sunday, commissioner Roger Goodell said you can add his name to the list of detractors.

In an appearance on ESPN Radio's "Mike and Mike in the Morning" on Sunday, Goodell said the league must address the quality of the game and even said he would consider eliminating the all-star game if it can't be improved upon.

NFL commissioner Roger Goodell comments on why he thinks the league's rule changes have been good for the game, the new policies regarding head injuries, Los Angeles, the future of the Pro Bowl and more.

"I really didn't think that was the kind of football that we want to be demonstrating for our fans," Goodell said. "And you heard it from the fans. The fans were actively booing in the stands. They didn't like what they were seeing."

Goodell said something has to change.

"We're either going to have to improve the quality of what we're doing in the Pro Bowl or consider other changes or even considering eliminating the game if that's the kind of quality game we're going to provide," Goodell said.

Goodell said he talked to NFL Players Association executive director DeMaurice Smith about changes they need to make for the game.

"I know players love to be in Hawaii but we have to start with the quality of what we're doing," Goodell said. "If the fans are responding negatively to what we're doing, we better listen. And that was my message."

Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers, who was named the NFL's MVP on Saturday, said this week that some of his NFC teammates "embarrassed themselves" with the effort they gave in the game.

"I was just surprised that some of the guys either didn't want to play or when they were in there didn't put any effort into it," Rodgers said.

The AFC routed the NFC 59-41 in a game that drew boos at Aloha Stadium in Honolulu for its lack of early intensity. Rodgers, who started and played the first quarter for the NFC, didn't name specific players.

New England Patriots guard Logan Mankins, a four-time Pro Bowl selection who didn't play in the this year's game because his team is playing in the Super Bowl, said Wednesday that he doubts there's a realistic way to ramp up competitiveness.

"I don't know how you fix it," Mankins said. "You're going to give a little effort, but you're not going to get out of control. Some guys are free agents over there. You get hurt in a Pro Bowl and it's going to affect that contract with another team. Who would want to get hurt in a Pro Bowl and not be able to play the next season?"
SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

Crazy Levi wrote:
SkyDog112046 wrote:The league average salary is $1.6M. If you are an average free agent and you have a choice of 5 or 6 US based teams with federal and state taxes around 40% or going to London with their taxes somewhere around 65%, where are you going to go?

Despite being a Jew I'm no accountant.

But would they still have to pay those UK taxes only living there for 4 or 5 months a year?

Even training camp they could do in the US.
I think they have to pay a percentage based on the amount of time they spend there and how much of their income comes from that location. It works like that when you split time between 2 states in the US too. And then there is the 15% VAT that they can't avoid for the time they are in London. It adds up. Maybe it's not as extreme as 65% vs 40%, but it's still significant.
TheImpaler9
Learning KISS Riffs

Post by TheImpaler9 »

bane wrote:The NFL does not need expansion. If anything they either need to contract or at least move a couple of teams. The London thing is ridiculous. I know they want to try and expand the brand world wide, but the logistics are just not feasible. The London team will be at a distinct disadvantage traveling half way around the world half of their games. Think of how bad west coast teams generally perform on the East coast. Multiply that by an ocean. God forbid they have a short week with a Monday game.
As soon as they put a team in London or play a Super Bowl there I am done with football. As a kid there was no sport I liked more than football. I just think this is taking greed to the next level & tarnishes the league beyond repair.
cantstopthemusic
Ya'll Cum?

Post by cantstopthemusic »

NeverSurrender wrote:London is the dumbest idea these whackjobs have ever had.
Agreed.

The idea to make the NFL a "world league" is absolutely ridiculous.

Good idea in theory - BAD idea in actual practice.