The official NHL thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

NeverSurrender
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Re: The official NHL thread

Post by NeverSurrender »

You know the Canucks are bitches when all the east fans hate them. Does any eastern conference fan hate any other Western team? Knock these diving vaginas out, Kings.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

NeverSurrender wrote:You know the Canucks are bitches when all the east fans hate them. Does any eastern conference fan hate any other Western team? Knock these diving vaginas out, Kings.
I want them to win. It won't be the playoffs unless the Blackhawks play them.

If the Hawks can even beat Phoenix.
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

johnk5150 wrote:
NeverSurrender wrote:You know the Canucks are bitches when all the east fans hate them. Does any eastern conference fan hate any other Western team? Knock these diving vaginas out, Kings.
I want them to win. It won't be the playoffs unless the Blackhawks play them.

If the Hawks can even beat Phoenix.

Chicago is in the Western conference, you don't count.
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

Mazerati
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by Mazerati »

gotta love Cartman on the LA Kings jumbotron
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6aefFUOdcro
John Simon Ritchie

Post by John Simon Ritchie »

I swear, The whole Penguins teams are like a buncha chickenshit, hair pulling, sissy-marys on the playground:

"Voracek's glove had fallen to the ice during one of several scrums that started after Crosby whacked at Flyers goalie Ilya Bryzgalov. The scrums had ended when Crosby caused Round 2 to erupt as he reached around a player and knocked away Voracek's glove as he went to pick it up.

When Crosby, 24, was asked whether the move was caused by frustration, his quiet voice filled with anger.

"I don't like any guy on their team," he said. "His glove was near me and he went to pick it up, so I pushed it. I don't like him."

Any particular reason?

"Because I don't like him. I don't like any guy on their team," he replied."

:lol: :lol:

Mum to 6 year old: "Why did you push Timmy off of his Big Wheel?"
6 year old "Because I don't like him!" :cry:
"I was looking for that great jazz note that destroyed the walls of Jericho." - The Clash, The Sound Of Sinners
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

John Simon Ritchie wrote:I swear, The whole Penguins teams are like a buncha chickenshit, hair pulling, sissy-marys on the playground:

"Voracek's glove had fallen to the ice during one of several scrums that started after Crosby whacked at Flyers goalie Ilya Bryzgalov. The scrums had ended when Crosby caused Round 2 to erupt as he reached around a player and knocked away Voracek's glove as he went to pick it up.

When Crosby, 24, was asked whether the move was caused by frustration, his quiet voice filled with anger.

"I don't like any guy on their team," he said. "His glove was near me and he went to pick it up, so I pushed it. I don't like him."

Any particular reason?

That was the comparison my girlfriend made. :lol:
GrayAntiMatter wrote:EVH

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
Tommy
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Tommy »

Weber gets nothing and Hagelin gets 3 games. OK Shanny, you're just as useless as Campbell was.
Mazerati

Post by Mazerati »

bet the Kings last month to win the Stanley Cup at +3300 thought it was worth a shot with Quick
wish i would have bet the series but have done pretty well with each game so far
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

"...what happened Friday night on Long Island wasn't hockey. It was a travesty. It was painful to watch the game I love turn into a sideshow like that.

"The NHL had a chance to send a clear and strong message that those kinds of actions are unacceptable and embarrassing to the sport. It failed.

"We, as a league, must do a better job of protecting the integrity of the game and the safety of our players. We must make it clear that those kinds of actions will not be tolerated and will be met with meaningful disciplinary action.

"If the events relating to Friday night reflect the state of the league, I need to re-think whether I want to be a part of it."

--The infallible Mario Lemieux, after the NHL "only" suspended Trevor Gillies 9 games, Matt Martin 4 games, fined the New York Islanders $100,000, and let the Penguins and coach Dan Bylsma off without reprimand* in February 2011

:D :D :lol: :lol:
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

Tommy wrote:Weber gets nothing and Hagelin gets 3 games. OK Shanny, you're just as useless as Campbell was.
Agreed 100%, and not just because I have Hagelin in my pool. The double standard is ridiculous. Hell, in my opinion what Carkner did was worse than what Hagelin did. THAT was in no way, shape, or form a hockey play, whereas Hagelin's hit on Alfredsson was at least in the course of the game.
Tommy
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Tommy »

WOLF wrote:
Tommy wrote:Weber gets nothing and Hagelin gets 3 games. OK Shanny, you're just as useless as Campbell was.
Agreed 100%, and not just because I have Hagelin in my pool. The double standard is ridiculous. Hell, in my opinion what Carkner did was worse than what Hagelin did. THAT was in no way, shape, or form a hockey play, whereas Hagelin's hit on Alfredsson was at least in the course of the game.

Boyle got straight-up jumped by Carkner. I understand why, but there's a "hockey" way to go about stuff like that.

It's things like this that make the league look like a sideshow. I mean, we all know Bettman is a complete fucking POS, but Shanny I at least thought had a brain.

ETA: I love how Dubinsky gets a 3rd man in misconduct but on the score sheet it says only fighting major was for Carkner. So I must ask, how does one get a 3rd man in when there isn't even a 2nd participant in said fight?

Baseball umpires are the only ones keeping NHL refs out of the top spot in the dumbshit sweepstakes.
John Simon Ritchie

Tommy wrote:Boyle got straight-up jumped by Carkner. I understand why, but there's a "hockey" way to go about stuff like that.
Yeah, that was some bush-league shit. Looked like it was straight outta Slapshot...or an old Broad Street Bullies highlight reel. :oops:
"I was looking for that great jazz note that destroyed the walls of Jericho." - The Clash, The Sound Of Sinners
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

John Simon Ritchie wrote:
Tommy wrote:Boyle got straight-up jumped by Carkner. I understand why, but there's a "hockey" way to go about stuff like that.
Yeah, that was some bush-league shit. Looked like it was straight outta Slapshot...or an old Broad Street Bullies highlight reel. :oops:
Come to think of it, I think I caught a glimmer of tinfoil on Carkner's knuckles. He may have even been wearing a Chiefs shirt under his uni.
John Simon Ritchie

WOLF wrote:
Come to think of it, I think I caught a glimmer of tinfoil on Carkner's knuckles. He may have even been wearing a Chiefs shirt under his uni.
Would have only been "better" if he attacked him during warm-ups or during the Anthem. :lol:
futonsrf
Headlining Clubs

Post by futonsrf »

John Simon Ritchie wrote:I swear, The whole Penguins teams are like a buncha chickenshit, hair pulling, sissy-marys on the playground:

Any particular reason?

Well, at least it's shit talking in the press rather than the same old cliche's that make NHL'ers so damn boring in the press.
Cheers!

This post not approved by Crouchingstoneretc.

John Simon Ritchie

futonsrf wrote:Well, at least it's shit talking in the press rather than the same old cliche's that make NHL'ers so damn boring in the press.
"I don't like them." :cry:

Shit talking sure ain't what it used to be. :lol:
futonsrf
Headlining Clubs

Post by futonsrf »

futonsrf wrote:Well, at least it's shit talking in the press rather than the same old cliche's that make NHL'ers so damn boring in the press.

No, it wasn't bad, but he looks pissed in the interview, and if you know hockey players in the media they are as exciting as paint drying because they always are afraid to say something to rile the other team. So this was fun, and he was restraining himself.
Cheers!

This post not approved by Crouchingstoneretc.

NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

futonsrf wrote:

No, it wasn't bad, but he looks pissed in the interview, and if you know hockey players in the media they are as exciting as paint drying because they always are afraid to say something to rile the other team. So this was fun, and he was restraining himself.

He sounded like a 3 year old who got his ball taken from him.
John Simon Ritchie

futonsrf wrote:So this was fun, and he was restraining himself.
Sure he was.
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

Crosby is like Jesus to the Canadians.
Anne_Thrax
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by Anne_Thrax »

Sinderella wrote:Here's the audio of Chris Therien losing his fucking mind during the game! I think he wanted to leave the booth. "I believe they are called nipples". LOLOL

http://www.crossingbroad.com/2012/04/au ... rosby.html

Also, I want a .gif of the glove pushing too! Fuck, I'm gonna call in sick so I can watch this game on Wed!
I want to watch the game again. I need a notepad this time to keep track of every time the penguins proved what dicks they are.
Royal Dudeness
Headlining Clubs

Post by Royal Dudeness »

While I'm completely pissed off about my Canucks shitting the bed, this has been one of the most entertaining first rounds in recent memory.

It's too damn bad the Pens/Flyers had to meet in the first round.

On a side note, Daniel Sedin might be playing game 4. Praise allah if this is true!
Facedown

Post by Facedown »

Don't poke the Bear.
:D
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
Facedown

Post by Facedown »

Backstrom was assessed a match penalty after the game was over and will be suspended 1 game pending review.
Tommy
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Tommy »

Lundqvist is the best goalie in the world. Ah, it's nice to be able to say that about a player on the team you root for.
Aquanetsuperhold
Headlining Clubs

Post by Aquanetsuperhold »

Facedown wrote:Don't poke the Bear.
:D
Oh the Bear has been poke! :twisted:

Between the cheap shot that made all men cringe, and the crybaby taunt Alzner gave Lucic after being the 3rd man in and grabing Lucic around the face from behind, Thursday's game is gonna be an ass kicker! Caps better have bodybags standing by.

Aquanetsuperhold
Headlining Clubs

Post by Aquanetsuperhold »

NeverSurrender wrote:
Royal Dudeness wrote:Good night my beloved Canucks.

What a fucking piss off
Bwhhhhaaaaaaaaaaa, at least you got to see a couple more Kesler dives.

WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

Facedown wrote:Backstrom was assessed a match penalty after the game was over and will be suspended 1 game pending review.
The league is allowed to rescind the match penalty, and not suspend him, if they so choose. I wouldn't be shocked if that happens, so as to keep one of the Caps stars on the ice.

Essentially, they would be saying the ref erred in assessing a match penalty, and it should only have been a minor, double-minor, or what have you.

Should be interesting...
Facedown

Post by Facedown »

Funny hearing Hunter saying after the game that it would be rescinded because it wasn't that bad.
Also calling the last goal lucky.
This douchebag is going to get his players killed.