The Never Ending MMA thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

slash4pres
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Re: The Never Ending MMA thread

Post by slash4pres »

I only agree with that way of thinking if the fighter lost because they get tossed around because of a size disadvantage. Frankie Edgar is undersized for his division, but he has the wrestling, speed, and technique to negate almost any size advantage his opponent will have. Dropping weight doesn't make you any better.
BD888
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by BD888 »

yeahbuddy wrote:
slash4pres wrote:Dana's a fucking moron, he's saying that Lombard should drop to 170 because of his shitty performance.. I really hate when people say this after almost every fighter loses. Lombard's short, but he's built like a truck, he'd have to lose a lot of muscle mass to drop that extra 15 pounds. I thought he won the by the way, but the fight was pretty boring so I'm not gonna go back and watch it.

Speaking of fighters that are short for their weightclass, here's a pic of Hendo sparring with Cyrille Diabete, to give you a visual on how Hendo/Bones will look-
Whenever a fighter loses that is supposed to be the next up and coming fighter the solution is always to drop down a weightclass. I think the only fighter to say no is Frankie Edgar.
That's a great pic by the way. I hope Hendo knocks Jones out. Jones has never been hit like Hendo can hit. The H bomb baby!
Great pic. Hendo is one of my favourite fighers ever since I saw him fight Rampage in London at UFC 75. I really hope he can somehow manage to stay inside the pocket and land an H-bomb. However, I think Hendo will have real problems with Jones's reach. Luckily Hendo's chin is made of granite, so Jone's might end up breaking a hand, which could cause some discomfort. If I had to predict this fight, I might go for Jone winning by Triangle choke. I can just see Hendo reversing Jones from mount, and then Jones grabbing a wrist and throwing those long legs up and catching a triangle.

If Hendo wins though, the LHW division becomes the jewel of the UFC again with so many opportunities for big match ups. Hendo vs. Shogun 2, Hendo vs. Machida, Hendo vs. Rampage 2, all good PPV match up / slug fests with former champions. I'm a sucker for those type of match ups. Hell, throw Rashad Evans back in that mix if he hasn't already fought Silva at MW.

I don't see that happening though. Jones will find a way to win, and the crowd will still hate him. If Hendo loses, give Franklin a go. He's on the decline, but he's a former champion that could give him a fight and ofcourse it would be an easy sell if Franklin could get another win.

After writing all that, I think I am stuck in the UFC 3-4 years ago!
slash4pres
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by slash4pres »

Good news! Nick Diaz's coach Cesar Gracie said that he isn't retiring and he wants a superfight with Anderson Silva. Nick is my favorite fighter, but I don't see him winning that unless he gets him down. It would still be entertaining as fuck.
mullet_head
Headlining Clubs

Post by mullet_head »

That would be a tough fight to score. Nick plodding forward tauting Anderson with his hands up, giving him the finger every now and then...Anderson dancing around Nick with his hands down, dodging his punches matrix style...

I don't know, judges could give nick the nod for being the agressor, or Anderson for doing the matrix and moonwalking around Nick. Either way this could be hilarious.

And if Nick somehow wins he could challenge GSP and Condit could go fuck himself.
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

mullet_head wrote:That would be a tough fight to score. Nick plodding forward tauting Anderson with his hands up, giving him the finger every now and then...Anderson dancing around Nick with his hands down, dodging his punches matrix style...

I don't know, judges could give nick the nod for being the agressor, or Anderson for doing the matrix and moonwalking around Nick. Either way this could be hilarious.

And if Nick somehow wins he could challenge GSP and Condit could go fuck himself.
I love Diaz, but like everybody else I dont think he has a chance to win.
Silva is in a league all to himself.
mullet_head
Headlining Clubs

Post by mullet_head »

I know, it would be nothing more than an opportunity for Anderson to show off his boxing skills. Still, I like both fighters and I'd love to watch this one nonetheless. Other than the Silva/Sonnen 2, big name matchups have been lacking lately.
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

Diaz does have a point though. People want to see him fight. Why should he take fights that are against fighters that nobody cares about.
I dont think the mma world is as excited to see Condit vs GSP as they would be Nick vs GSP.

I'm looking forward to the Cerrone/Guillard fight. That should be a good one.
crabfan

Post by crabfan »

If he wins his next fight, will Jake Sheilds get a shot at Silva?
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

crabfan wrote:If he wins his next fight, will Jake Sheilds get a shot at Silva?
No.
nakedmadman

Post by nakedmadman »

A N. Diaz V Silva fight would be decided in the first minute. If Nick can shoot and get Anderson on the ground, he's got a chance. If Silva can stuff that first shot, he'll potshot Nick for 5 rounds and win a snoozer. Nick's face will be hamburger and he'll be pissed off, claiming he was the agressor and it's all the judges' fault. Meanwhile Anderson will claim he execuited his game plan, pot shotting Nick and stuffing his takedowns, and he doesn't know why people are booing.
John Simon Ritchie
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by John Simon Ritchie »

nakedmadman wrote:A N. Diaz V Silva fight would be decided in the first minute. If Nick can shoot and get Anderson on the ground, he's got a chance. If Silva can stuff that first shot, he'll potshot Nick for 5 rounds and win a snoozer. Nick's face will be hamburger and he'll be pissed off, claiming he was the agressor and it's all the judges' fault. Meanwhile Anderson will claim he execuited his game plan, pot shotting Nick and stuffing his takedowns, and he doesn't know why people are booing.

Or maybe, just maybe, he'll kick Diaz in the face and put him out. Maybe he'll get him in the same Muay Thai clinch he rearranged Rich Franklin's face with. Or maybe he'll knee him in his chest and smash his noggin. Ya just never know. He tends to fight a bit differently depending on the caliber of the opposition. Appears to me that he toys with the tomato cans who don't really have much to offer as far as a competitive fight. Of course that wouldn't be the case with Diaz.
"I was looking for that great jazz note that destroyed the walls of Jericho." - The Clash, The Sound Of Sinners
Pimp_From_The_Grave

Post by Pimp_From_The_Grave »

Alexander Emelianenko will fight at M-1 Challenge tournament on September 30

August 3, 2012

The next M-1 Challenge tournament will take place in Moscow, Russia on September 30. This tournament’s fightcard includes six national amateur MMA championship finals and four superfights with the best M-1 fighters.

Popular Russian heavyweight and 3-time world combat sambo champion Alexander Emelianenko will fight in the main event and will try to win his fourth fight in a row. Name of Emelianenko’s opponent and the other superfights will be announced in the nearest future.

http://www.m-1global.com/2012/08/03/ale ... tember-30/
ImageImage
tin00can
Headlining Clubs

Post by tin00can »

Solid night of fights tonight! Other UFC fighters, take note. This is how it's done.
EddieVanHeineken
Headlining Clubs

Post by EddieVanHeineken »

tin00can wrote:Solid night of fights tonight! Other UFC fighters, take note. This is how it's done.

A lot of the times its the cards that people complain about the most that end up delivering. Every fight was good, even the prelims. Even the losers (minus bader) put on a good showing all around. Vera, Varner, and Johnson all have nothing to be ashamed about. Bader had nothing for Machida. mchida is the only fighter I think in the LH division that has a good shot of beating Jones. I'd love to see Hendo catch him but I just don't see it happening.
It's a mans obligation,
to stick his boneration,
into a womans

seperation,
to increase the population
of the future generation
if you'd like a

demonstration lie down
-Cartman
tin00can
Headlining Clubs

Post by tin00can »

Just saw that Varner had a broken hand during the fight, wow. He and Lauzon put on a heckuva show.

As for the card thing...going into it I thought this card was better than the last PPV and will be better than the next PPV.
mullet_head
Headlining Clubs

Post by mullet_head »

Someone needs to trick Anderson Silva into believing that Machida is going around saying the last time he went down on his wife he spent a week spitting watermelon seeds...or maybe spread the rumour that Anderson is saying that Machida's grandma's bonsai bush smells like sushi, cause I really really want to see those two fight.

Yeah varner and lauzon was great...and the machida and shogun fights, even though with fairly predictable outcomes, were quite good. Vera actually looked like he was trying.
John Simon Ritchie

Post by John Simon Ritchie »

mullet_head wrote:Someone needs to trick Anderson Silva into believing that Machida is going around saying the last time he went down on his wife he spent a week spitting watermelon seeds...or maybe spread the rumour that Anderson is saying that Machida's grandma's bonsai bush smells like sushi, cause I really really want to see those two fight.
:P
No shit. I'd like to see that too.
Machida looked awesome in last night's fight with Bader.
"I was looking for that great jazz note that destroyed the walls of Jericho." - The Clash, The Sound Of Sinners
tin00can
Headlining Clubs

Post by tin00can »

Most of the time it looked like Machida was just fucking with Bader. Goofy facial expressions, hand movements, etc.
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

Entertaining night of fights.
What was Ryan Bader thinking? He fell right into Machida's trap.
I do think Machida has the best chance to beat Jones, except he just
lost to him a couple of fights ago. My take is if you lose to the
champ, you need to get to the back of the line.
Shogun or Vera have absolutely zero chance of beating Jones. I
appreciate Vera hanging in there, but come on!
Varner/Lauzon fight is a candidate for fight of the year. Varner
had that fight won.
The Mike Swick knockout was something else wasnt it? Johnson
was out before he hit the ground.
I cant stand Nam Pham. If I want to see a boxing match, I will
watch boxing. And neither Nam or Miller are good boxers. This
guy gets a pass too many times. He is the ultimate "company"
man.
My take on giving Machida the next shot is there are a couple
of light heavies that arent ready yet. A few more fights, and they
will get a shot. But right now, it isn't their time.
I enjoyed the commentary from Sonnen & Evans on Fuel tv. Both
speak well, know their stuff, & are intelligent.
slash4pres
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by slash4pres »

I don't think Shogun or Machida deserve a title shot, but I'd love to see them fight for a 3rd time in a title eliminator, either for a regular fight or as TUF Brazil coaches. I thought Shogun was going to have a much easier time with Vera, though. Vera's been pretty much counted out but he can strike with just about anyone. That Varner/Lauzon fight was damn good, too. Also, it was good to see Swick shake off the ring rust, maybe in a few fights he'll get back up to contender status.
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

I think Hendo is the only guy that can beat Jones. And the only reason being the H bomb. If he can land that, lights out. Jones has never been hit with a punch like that.
Machida rattled him when they fought. What is the guy going to do when he really gets hit.
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

Just read McDonald out of the BJ Penn fight.
He got cut during training. 40 stitches! Ouch!!
slash4pres
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by slash4pres »

Fuck! I was excited for that fight to that fight.

The card next week will be pretty good

Edgar by either 4th or 5th round stoppage or decision
Cerrone by Sub
Shields Decision
I've never seen Roberts fight, but I'm gonna guess Yushin will beat him, I really wish Palhares didn't get injured
Lawrence KO
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

Fuck! I was excited for that fight to that fight.
Same here. McDonald is a f'n beast.
Looking forward to the Edgar/Henderson fight, & I hope that
Cerrone & Gulliard bring it big time. I wasnt impressed with either
of their last fights.
mullet_head
Headlining Clubs

Post by mullet_head »

slash4pres wrote:I don't think Shogun or Machida deserve a title shot, but I'd love to see them fight for a 3rd time in a title eliminator, either for a regular fight or as TUF Brazil coaches.
At this point I don't see any other possible outcome other than a UD for Machida. Shogun has looked sluggish as hell ever since he blew out his knees for the 100th time.
Pimp_From_The_Grave

Post by Pimp_From_The_Grave »

The Smashing Machine : Mark Kerr

http://youtu.be/voD4DwYEGFE

:wink:
ImageImage
milk-milk-lemonade
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by milk-milk-lemonade »

ImageImage
milk-milk-lemonade wrote:USA USA USA !!
!
milk-milk-lemonade wrote:'Oh boy...' is a 300 Part Series
FullDJacket
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by FullDJacket »

EddieVanHeineken wrote:
tin00can wrote:Solid night of fights tonight! Other UFC fighters, take note. This is how it's done.

A lot of the times its the cards that people complain about the most that end up delivering. Every fight was good, even the prelims. Even the losers (minus bader) put on a good showing all around. Vera, Varner, and Johnson all have nothing to be ashamed about. Bader had nothing for Machida. mchida is the only fighter I think in the LH division that has a good shot of beating Jones. I'd love to see Hendo catch him but I just don't see it happening.

I don't think Machida has a good shot against Jones. Gustafsson looks good with his footwork and reach
Luke 16:10 "and he that is unjust in the least, is unjust also in much"
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

Anyone watch the weigh ins?
Frankie looked beyond focused, & Henderson came off weirdly nervous.
Those facial expressions & dumb hand gestures didnt help him either.
This is going to be a good one!
crabfan

Post by crabfan »

yeahbuddy wrote:Anyone watch the weigh ins?
Frankie looked beyond focused, & Henderson came off weirdly nervous.
Those facial expressions & dumb hand gestures didnt help him either.
This is going to be a good one!
Benson looked skinny too, imo. Hope he keeps the belt!