The Never Ending MMA thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Re: The Never Ending MMA thread

Post by yeahbuddy »

crabfan wrote:
yeahbuddy wrote:Anyone watch the weigh ins?
Frankie looked beyond focused, & Henderson came off weirdly nervous.
Those facial expressions & dumb hand gestures didnt help him either.
This is going to be a good one!
Benson looked skinny too, imo. Hope he keeps the belt!
Yeah he did. Actually the majority of the fighters during the weigh ins have
funky looking bodies. But for whatever reason not as funky once they enter
the octagon.
Benson & his family have a great story. I'm rooting for Frankie, but Benson
is a class act.
nakedmadman
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by nakedmadman »

Wow, I really thought Cerrone was DONE. One shin to the dome and it all turns around.
nakedmadman

Post by nakedmadman »

Bendo/Frankie was close. I had Bendo winning in a squeaker. I don't think Frankie LOST per se, but he just didn't do enough to really secure the title. Might be time for him to seriously look at dropping to 45.
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

I don't think either of them won. If any fight could be considered a draw it was that fight.
The Cerrone fight was crazy.
Did you hear the reaction Nate Diaz got when they showed him on tv & arena screen?
The FX fights were boring & faceless!
Jake Shields bores the shit out of me.
Buddy Richards or whatever his name is had no business fighting Akiami (spelling).
nakedmadman

Post by nakedmadman »

Buddy Richards just looked like he took that fight on about 3 days notice. He had no plan for Akami's ground game. Had he managed to stay on his feet, I think he had a legit chance of getting over on Akami. He was hitting harder and more often. Dumb fucker just let Yushin in and Bam! takedown.
tin00can
Headlining Clubs

Post by tin00can »

nakedmadman wrote:Bendo/Frankie was close. I had Bendo winning in a squeaker. I don't think Frankie LOST per se, but he just didn't do enough to really secure the title. Might be time for him to seriously look at dropping to 45.

At the end of the fight I thought that it could have gone either way without too much grief, so yeah. One thing I didn't like was when Henderson was taunting Edgar, and then didn't do anything after that. If you're gonna taunt, back it up with some action.

The main card had some decent fights. I wasn't really a fan of Cowboy before his fight, but I was impressed with how he bounced back.
tin00can
Headlining Clubs

Post by tin00can »

nakedmadman wrote:Buddy Richards just looked like he took that fight on about 3 days notice. He had no plan for Akami's ground game. Had he managed to stay on his feet, I think he had a legit chance of getting over on Akami. He was hitting harder and more often. Dumb fucker just let Yushin in and Bam! takedown.

Richards DID take the fight on very short notice.
slash4pres
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by slash4pres »

The title fight was pretty much exactly like the first one, except without the upkick and failed enziguri (sp?) attempt. It was too close to call, and if the lightweight title hadn't been held up for so long I'd say fuck it, have them fight again. I don't think Edgar should go anywhere, though. He just lost the belt and had two close matches with the best guy in the division. Although a Frankie/Aldo superfight sounds amazing.
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

These comments pretty much say that the main event was a stinker because we are chatting about Buddy Roberts or Richards or whatever his name is.
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

Dan Henderson tweeted this about Jake Shields:

RT @jpdotseth: A jake Shields fight is the only thing close to my Serta Icomfort for putting me to sleep asap.
nakedmadman

Post by nakedmadman »

Well it's not that Bendo/Frankie was a stinker, it's just that Cerrone/Gullard and Okami/Richards(Roberts?) were more exciting fights. Bendo and Edgar are very evenly matched and put on a good match, the other two matches just ended early and had a lot of heat in 'em.
Cerrone was OUT on his feet from a really nasty hook, and got lucky with a kick to Gullard's dome. Richards (Roberts?) or whatever his name was took a fight with Okami on very short notice and looked like he could have won had he kept the fight outside. He let Okami in and the Yushin's better wrestling took over. Richards had no answer for Okami's ground game. I think if Buddy'd had a full camp, you might have seen the upset of the year.
kylel

Post by kylel »

John Simon Ritchie
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by John Simon Ritchie »

kylel wrote:Wow what's up with Jason Miller?

http://www.tmz.com/2012/08/13/ufc-jason ... ed-church/

Bath Salts! :wink:
"I was looking for that great jazz note that destroyed the walls of Jericho." - The Clash, The Sound Of Sinners
slash4pres
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by slash4pres »

besides the main event of the next one, the card looks like a joke. Siver vs. yagin for the co-main?
slash4pres
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by slash4pres »

Chael and Forrest Griffin are rematching on December 29th at lhw. Noice. And Jay Hieron replaced Ellenburger, so now the co-main of 151 is Kos vs. Hieron.
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

I have zero interest in a Sonnen/Griffith fight.
And I'm a Sonnen fan.
I see Misha Tate wants & thinks she deserves a rematch
with Rousey. I think not. She got her ass handed to her.
She knew what Rousey was famous for & still got her ass handed
to her.
I also read that guy Cyborg thinks she can dictate the weight her
& Rousey should fight at. Screw you dude, Rousey is the champ,
she gets to call the shots.
slash4pres
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by slash4pres »

Lol more like ROusey handed her arm to her.

What is that guy Cyborg doing fighting women, anyway? That's just unfair!
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

slash4pres wrote:Lol more like ROusey handed her arm to her.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

UFC on Fox 5 is shaping up to be a good one.
Please! No injuries!

Henderson vs. Diaz, Rua vs. Gustafsson, Penn vs. MacDonald Added to UFC on FOX 5.

I say Diaz beats Henderson. Once Diaz hits Henderson in the face a couple of times, Henderson wont know what to do. Diaz did it against Cerrone & Miller.
BD888

Post by BD888 »

yeahbuddy wrote:
slash4pres wrote:Lol more like ROusey handed her arm to her.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

UFC on Fox 5 is shaping up to be a good one.
Please! No injuries!

Henderson vs. Diaz, Rua vs. Gustafsson, Penn vs. MacDonald Added to UFC on FOX 5.

I say Diaz beats Henderson. Once Diaz hits Henderson in the face a couple of times, Henderson wont know what to do. Diaz did it against Cerrone & Miller.
I thought Rory McDonald was injured with a cut and out of the Penn fight?
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

I thought Rory McDonald was injured with a cut and out of the Penn fight?
For 152 yes out, but the Fox fight isnt until end of year. Plenty of time for cut to heal.
EddieVanHeineken
Headlining Clubs

Post by EddieVanHeineken »

UFC on Fox 5 is definitely looking good on paper...better than a lot of the pay per views this year. But as was mentioned above, UFC stacks these cards and then injuries occur either on this card or others, resulting in losing these fights altogether or them getting shuffled around to fill in on other injury plagued cards.

Is anyone excited for the Rousey/Kaufman fight this weekend? Kaufman can definitely win this if she can keep on the outside using a jab and leg kicks. As soon as she tries to come in though i have a feeling Rousey will latch onto her, take her down and end the fight. The good thing about the judo training, as opposed to jujitsu and wrestling, is that they transition right into dominant positions and submissions very quickly. Rousey will be too quick for Kaufman no matter how much training she has had in submission defense. A 2-3 month camp is no match for 15 years of training.

As far as Cyborg, i find it hysterical that she was on the MMA Hour saying that Rousey is running from her. Rousey is the champ....if you want to fight her, you need to move down. She was saying it is impossible to move down as she is too skinny. No, it is just you have too much muscle mass and you need to concentrate on losing some of that. And no she doesn't have to do a catch weight....she's the champion and yours was stripped from you for doing steroids. having said all that....I think Cyborg would probably destroy Rousey no matter what.

its like the same as Anderson and his management calling out GSP. if you want to fight that bad, meet at a catch weight. I just don't think it looks good when a champion calls out someone from a lower weight class. If anything, AS should be calling out JBJ.
It's a mans obligation,
to stick his boneration,
into a womans

seperation,
to increase the population
of the future generation
if you'd like a

demonstration lie down
-Cartman
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

Is anyone excited for the Rousey/Kaufman fight this weekend?
I am. The rest of the card is blah. Because of Rousey, it will probably be their highest rated fight of the year. It will be interesting to see what Kaufman does. My guess is she will go out like the rest of Rousey's opponents.
Now I am going to go watch the Rousey/Tate fight again.
EddieVanHeineken
Headlining Clubs

well that was quick...surprised that Miesha was able to do more in the stand up against Rousey than Kaufman could. Rousey was just way too fast....she attacked like a wild tiger and Kaufman had no time whatsoever to think. The only fights left right now is either the Miesha rematch or Cyborg fight. If they do the rematch, they probably should do a TUF season. They need to get more female fighters and people watching...that would be the best way to do it. But it is unlikely as Showtime is not giving up Rousey to the UFC.

Missed the Miesha fight...read that it was an awesome fight. Have to catch that later...The Jacare ko was nice
It's a mans obligation,
to stick his boneration,
into a womans

seperation,
of the future generation
if you'd like a

demonstration lie down
-Cartman
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

EddieVanHeineken wrote:well that was quick...surprised that Miesha was able to do more in the stand up against Rousey than Kaufman could. Rousey was just way too fast....she attacked like a wild tiger and Kaufman had no time whatsoever to think. The only fights left right now is either the Miesha rematch or Cyborg fight. If they do the rematch, they probably should do a TUF season. They need to get more female fighters and people watching...that would be the best way to do it. But it is unlikely as Showtime is not giving up Rousey to the UFC.

Missed the Miesha fight...read that it was an awesome fight. Have to catch that later...The Jacare ko was nice
Quick? That doesn't even give Rousey justice what she did. You are right Kaufman had no time to think. Jeez, watching it I had no time to think. It was that fast. Overall, it was a good night of fights that was probably better than any of the last 5 ufc fights.
IMO, the Tate fight is right up there for Fight of the Year (m or f) honors. If you get a chance to watch it, do it because it was a good one.
Kaufman tapped out before her arm could get shredded.
I didn't know Rousey tore up Tate's arm the way she did. During the Tate fight the announcers spoke about what injuries her arm sustained, and it wasn't minor. It got thrashed.
Cyborg is the only fight out there. I loved the way she called Cyborg out.
A couple of things about Showtime's production-
They take forever to go to replays.
The most annoying part is when they show audience members (fighters, celebrities, etc etc) they keep the camera on them so long that for someone like me watching it becomes uncomfortable to watch. It's like "okay, we get it, we know who it is". And 9 times out of 10 the person ends up sitting there looking into camera like with a deer in headlights look on their face.
Damn Rousey is something else!
slash4pres
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by slash4pres »

I would let her armbar my penis.
BodyBagz

Post by BodyBagz »

I downloaded the StrikeForce shows...The Prelims and the Main Card from last weekend. The female fights were the best on the card...only 2 male fights were worth anything IMO...

Lumumba Sayers vs. Anthony Smith - This was a great fight...Smith has some great submission skills, and seems to be able to take a decent punch. Shouldnt be long until he tries his hand over in the UFC...and I look forward to it. Sayers isnt a slouch by any means, but he really did not look comfortable on the ground with someone like Smith...be interesting to see him fight again...

Ovince St. Preux vs. TJ Cook - I really liked this fight for one reason...it went on about 2 rounds longer than it should have. Cook was out in the 1st round...the ref allowed his beating to keep going long enough for him to get his senses back. This ref error almost cost OSP this fight as Cook came back later in that round with a vengeance, as well as coming out in the 2nd and pressuring OSP. Luckily for OSP, Cook had nothing left in the 3rd...not even punch defenses...great knock-out!

Tarec Saffiedine vs. Roger Bowling - Bullshit fight of the year so far in all of MMA! Herb Dean should have died on his sword and admitted he fucked up...or at least came out and disqualified Saffiedine for the illegal push kick to the knee! At no point after that kick was Bowling in any type of trouble that would have caused Dean to stop the fight. Deans excuse to Bowling "if I ask you are you alright you dont need to talk to me, just shake your head" or whatever it was is a shame on himself and all other refs as well...he knows better...and if he doesnt, he needs to call Big John McCarthy...

Miesha Tate vs. Julie Kedzie - Fight of the night, hands down! Meisha Tate surprised me in this fight...this is the first time I have seen her take any real damage, and she came through like a champ. That head kick should have been the end of the fight, yet she fought through it, and ultimately forced an arm-bar for the submission win!

Hiroko Yamanaka vs. Germaine de Randamie - Damn, De Randamie is a beast...gonna have to watch her a bit closer from now on. This too wasa great fight...have to give credit to Tamanaka, she can take a lot of punishment and still be game.

Ronda Rousey vs. Sarah Kaufman - Most disappointing fight on the card! I say that, mainly because, IMO, Rousey hasnt been fully tested yet..6 fights, 6 arm-bar submissions in the 1st round...really, that doesnt mean a hill of beans to me. To me, that just means her opponents didnt train enough on how to negate her arm-bar offense. I am eager to see her go passed the 1st or 2nd round, on her feet, throwing knuckles. If they can get it put together, her and Cyborg may be the greatest female MMA bout ever...and if not Cyborg, get her and Meisha Tate paired up..Arm-bar vs Arm-bar....
"Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master." - George Washington
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

Just read that Rousey got paid only 40 grand for the fight. And 20 of it was because she won. She carried that card, and should've got paid a hell of a lot more.
My guess is Dana is going to make Rousey & Cyborg an offer they cant refuse. Yeah, he has said women do not belong in the UFC, but money talks, suckers walk, & you cant touch my three lock box!
EddieVanHeineken
Headlining Clubs

BodyBagz wrote: Ronda Rousey vs. Sarah Kaufman - Most disappointing fight on the card! I say that, mainly because, IMO, Rousey hasnt been fully tested yet..6 fights, 6 arm-bar submissions in the 1st round...really, that doesnt mean a hill of beans to me. To me, that just means her opponents didnt train enough on how to negate her arm-bar offense. I am eager to see her go passed the 1st or 2nd round, on her feet, throwing knuckles. If they can get it put together, her and Cyborg may be the greatest female MMA bout ever...and if not Cyborg, get her and Meisha Tate paired up..Arm-bar vs Arm-bar....

Actually both Tate and Kaufman spent significant portions of their training camps working to get out of armbars. Tate was successful in getting out of one of the armbar atttempts in her fight with Rousey. The problem is that Rousey has been training this for 15 years, travelling all over the world and learning from all different judo masters. She knows how to get into it from several different positions. in the fight against Kaufman, she kept changing the attack and her positioning. Kaufman did everything she could to get out of it and defended it the right way. Kaufman can get out of it as shown in her fight against Modifferi, where she picked her up and power bombed her. The problem she had, just like everyone else Ronda has faced, is that Rousey is like a chess grandmaster when it comes to this submission. She is 5-10 steps ahead of you and knows what you are going to do to try to get out.

The only thing her opponents can do is to avoid the situation entirely. The reason Tate made a fight of it was because she came out the aggressor, but was also taken down immediately and almost armbarred. Rousey jumped all over Kaufman from the get-go and overpowered her.

IMO, once Rousey gets clocked hard enough by somebody, the aggressiveness will unfortunately disappear...much like Jon Jones.
It's a mans obligation,
to stick his boneration,
into a womans

seperation,
of the future generation
if you'd like a

demonstration lie down
-Cartman
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

IMO, once Rousey gets clocked hard enough by somebody, the aggressiveness will unfortunately disappear...much like Jon Jones
Everybody loses their aggressiveness when they get clocked. It's how they deal with it that counts. Jones got rocked by Machida, and took the guy out the next round. It will be interesting to see what Jones does if he gets nailed by the H bomb.
Tate nailed Rousey a couple of times in their fight, and Rousey came back stronger than ever.
I loved the move Rousey made to get Kaufman on the ground. Very clean.
slash4pres
Showcasing for A&R Reps

!!!

Post by slash4pres »

Spike and K1 are starting a partnership. FUCK YEAH!!!

http://www.bjpenn.com/mmanews/2012/08/2 ... 34892.html

Also, Frankie Edgar has now made the decision to drop to 145. I think that'll end up being a mistake and he'll get demolished by Aldo, and then have Rich Franklin Syndrome where he could beat pretty much anyone in the division except the champ. Who knows, though, maybe 145 is right for him, but I think a lot of his excellent cardio came from him not cutting any weight.