The NFL Thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Luminiferous
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Re: NFL 2012 Thread

Post by Luminiferous »

poizond13 wrote:Adam Schefter on Andrew Luck:
During this summer of quarterback talk, the most interesting and thought-provoking statement came from a Colts executive who declared that he believed Luck already is "one of the top five quarterbacks in football."
Think about that. Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees, Tom Brady, Eli Manning, Peyton Manning, Matthew Stafford, Cam Newton, Ben Roethlisberger. And yet this Colts executive believes Luck is better than at least two of those quarterbacks. And he was not alone.
One NFL coach who watched Luck play this summer said he also would include Luck in a list of the game's top five quarterbacks. Another NFL executive said Luck is the most well-prepared quarterback to enter the NFL. Ever. Three men, three glowing opinions.
It all seems like so much, so soon. Yet rookie quarterbacks seem to be making plenty possible these days.
BIG THINGS ARE COMING!

A NEW ERA BEGINS SUNDAY!!!!!
Chicago Bears 41
Indianapolis Colts 21

Luck- 23/45, 1 TD, 3 INT

:lol:
AliceManson
Headlining Clubs

Post by AliceManson »

Luminiferous wrote:
During this summer of quarterback talk, the most interesting and thought-provoking statement came from a Colts executive who declared that he believed Luck already is "one of the top five quarterbacks in football."
Think about that. Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees, Tom Brady, Eli Manning, Peyton Manning, Matthew Stafford, Cam Newton, Ben Roethlisberger. And yet this Colts executive believes Luck is better than at least two of those quarterbacks. And he was not alone.
One NFL coach who watched Luck play this summer said he also would include Luck in a list of the game's top five quarterbacks. Another NFL executive said Luck is the most well-prepared quarterback to enter the NFL. Ever. Three men, three glowing opinions.
It all seems like so much, so soon. Yet rookie quarterbacks seem to be making plenty possible these days.
BIG THINGS ARE COMING!

Chicago Bears 41
Indianapolis Colts 21

Luck- 23/45, 1 TD, 3 INT

Griffin had a big day!! :lol:
EatTheGlass wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:26 am I'd bet my house that Grohl shuts the Foos down now
Nibbler wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 8:33 pm Looks like Alex has shitcanned the Van Hagar remasters.
poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

Luminiferous wrote:
BIG THINGS ARE COMING!

Chicago Bears 41
Indianapolis Colts 21

Luck- 23/45, 1 TD, 3 INT

I love how, in your attempt to troll, you left out one of the most important stats: passing yards. Luck had 309 yards.

Overall I was happy with Luck's performance. Just as I expected, he made some mistakes, but threw for a lot of yards and made some really nice plays against a good defense. This was not an easy test, and obviously he has much to learn, but this was a good start. Reminds me a lot of a certain someone who started their career in 1998 here in Indy:

First Career game stats:

A. Luck- 23-45, 309 yards, 1 TD, 3 INT
P. Manning- 21-37, 302 yards, 1 TD, 3 INT

The eery similarities between these two players continue. And last I checked, Peyton had a pretty good career with us. :lol:

Not to say I was happy with the team performance as a whole. No one really showed up other than Reggie Wayne, Robert Mathis, and Luck. Lots of mistakes and dumb plays. Granted it was a very tough opponent on the road, but we'll have to regroup and improve.
DISCLAIMER: The below images were forced upon me against my will by the moderator and are NOT of my choosing.

Crazy Levi
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Crazy Levi »

Congrats to RG3 on a fantastic debut game, and to the redskins for their stunning upset over the Saints. I was there and it was amazing. RG3 Looked like a vet.

The scab refs were fucking terrible though - many blown calls both ways.

As for Luck - hey he had a pretty shitty game tossing 3 picks, but it WAS his first game.

Not every rookie is ready to step up, just the special ones. Like RG3 for instance.
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

Crazy Levi wrote:Congrats to RG3 on a fantastic debut game, and to the redskins for their stunning upset over the Saints. I was there and it was amazing. RG3 Looked like a vet.

As for Luck - hey he had a pretty shitty game tossing 3 picks, but it WAS his first game.

Not every rookie is ready to step up, just the special ones. Like RG3 for instance.
:lol: :lol:

Hey, John, packers all alone in last place.

Lardbucket
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Lardbucket »

Packers looked a lot like shit today. I expected the defense to suck, they didn't really address it over the summer. I see a lot of 12+ win predictions for them, but I don't buy it unless they figure out how to stop anyone from scoring at will.
A proud Steve Jones nutswinger since 1977.
bane
Threesome with Pam and Donna

Post by bane »

Crazy Levi wrote:Congrats to RG3 on a fantastic debut game, and to the redskins for their stunning upset over the Saints. I was there and it was amazing. RG3 Looked like a vet.

Luck will be fine, but Griffin's coming out party sure blew Luck's out of the water. I wonder if P13 still thinks he's a bust?
bigbuttskinner
Headlining Clubs

Post by bigbuttskinner »

Already fucking sick of hearing "Luck's stats are similar to Peytons....his game his first year is like Peyton's." Who gives a fuck? That was forever ago and a lot has changed. Peyton is the biggest fraud in NFL history when it comes to being called "great" and Luck is hype city. Fuck em both.
michelish wrote: VH album will be dropping first half of 2019. Album has been completed for a few months. They've been recording on and off since just after last tour.Finalizing title and artwork.
Nitrorulz wrote: I predict “The Dirt” will do double that.
referring to Queen movie
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

Adrian Peterson is not human.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

Great game for manning. Looks like Denver made the right move.

Luck really lost his composure after those picks, no? You don't want to see your qb having little tantrums when things go wrong, right p13?

Rg3 just had one of the best qb debuts in history.

Nobody had ever thrown for over 300 with 2 TDs and no picks before.

Thanks espn!
crabfan
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by crabfan »

Huge statement game for the Niners going to GB and making it look easy for most of the game. Should be a big year in SF. Go Niners!
Pimp_From_The_Grave

Post by Pimp_From_The_Grave »

:wink:
ImageImage
poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

bigbuttskinner wrote:Already fucking sick of hearing "Luck's stats are similar to Peytons....his game his first year is like Peyton's." Who gives a fuck? That was forever ago and a lot has changed. Peyton is the biggest fraud in NFL history when it comes to being called "great" and Luck is hype city. Fuck em both.
You don't know anything about football. Stick to soccer, hoss. :lol:
DISCLAIMER: The below images were forced upon me against my will by the moderator and are NOT of my choosing.

poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

Crazy Levi wrote:
Luck really lost his composure after those picks, no?
Nope. Not once.

poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

Congrats to RG3 on a good debut, putting up a good amount of yards against a pathetic defense in the Saints. Keep celebrating skins fans, as I'm sure you did after the Redskins won their last two season openers. :lol: We'll see what happens when RG3 faces a real NFL defense, as Luck did today.

Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

poizond13 wrote: Overall I was happy with Luck's performance. Just as I expected, he made some mistakes, but threw for a lot of yards and made some really nice plays against a good defense. This was not an easy test, and obviously he has much to learn, but this was a good start.
Look at you going forwards and then quickly taking 3 steps back
before the sentence concludes.
You make zero sense.

Of course you're happy with Luck's performance, despite the team losing
the game.
Are you happy about seeing the Colts lose?

Make up your mind :evil:
Are you a Colts fan or just a fan of whoever the starting QB is
for the Colts?
poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

It was seriously GREAT watching Peyton Manning play football again. He is once again his old self. Pathetic morons like Crazy Levy stated Peyton would never play again. Well, even though Peyton will never admit it, I know a small part of him is happy to stick it to those ignorant people. It's proof that hard work does pay off. All the work Peyton put in to come back was worth it. It was like old times out there. Brought back good memories, which seem so long ago but in reality were only a couple short years ago. It's a new era for Peyton, a new era for the Colts. My only hope is that both find success in 2012 and beyond.

TawnyVonJagger
Fuck The Yankees

Post by TawnyVonJagger »

*happy sigh* :mrgreen:
Fuck sigs.
poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

Machado wrote:
poizond13 wrote: Overall I was happy with Luck's performance. Just as I expected, he made some mistakes, but threw for a lot of yards and made some really nice plays against a good defense. This was not an easy test, and obviously he has much to learn, but this was a good start.
Look at you going forwards and then quickly taking 3 steps back
before the sentence concludes.
You make zero sense.

Of course you're happy with Luck's performance, despite the team losing
the game.
Are you happy about seeing the Colts lose?

Make up your mind :evil:
Are you a Colts fan or just a fan of whoever the starting QB is
for the Colts?
Evidently you skipped over, or mentally blocked out, the part where I stated this:
Not to say I was happy with the team performance as a whole. No one really showed up other than Reggie Wayne, Robert Mathis, and Luck. Lots of mistakes and dumb plays.
To expand on that, no I wasn't happy with the team play, on a whole. How could I be? I was certainly expecting more. Certain players were disappointing. Protection was horrible. Luck was on the run all game.

Not long ago, I said Luck would have a similar season to Peyton Manning's rookie season. I stated he'd make a lot of mistakes and throw some picks, but throw for a lot of yards/ touchdowns as well. Looks like I am 100% on the money so far. Yeah, he made some mistakes under pressure. But there was a lot of promise as well. Then again, look who I'm talking to: someone who didn't even watch the game. Yeah, exactly.

demolition23
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by demolition23 »

poizond13 wrote:
I love how, in your attempt to troll, you left out one of the most important stats: passing yards. Luck had 309 yards.
309 yards at less than 7 yards per attempt, with 4 turnovers is shit no matter how you cut it. 300 isn't a positive number when you pass it that often.

That said, I don't blame Luck - no way they should have had him throwing that much if the rest of the team could do their jobs properly.
Moggio wrote:You see, the problem with you is that you act like I have no credibility or something.
PhoenixFlames wrote:AVATAR made 2.7 billion which (maths) is close to 3 x million millions!!!!!!
Facedown
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by Facedown »

poizond13 wrote:Pathetic morons like Crazy Levy stated Peyton would never play again.
Pathetic morons like yourself said he would never leave Indy.
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

Luck played great. 2 of his 3 picks were great plays by Jennings. He's going to be awesome. That said, God bless Jay Cutler and Brandon Marshall and newly acquired Mike Bush. The Beara defense is going to be sliced apart by GB Thursday. Urlacher and Briggs look like they both got old at the same time. They had a good run but it looks like its over.
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

crabfan wrote:Huge statement game for the Niners going to GB and making it look easy for most of the game. Should be a big year in SF. Go Niners!

The niners are nasty.

Cutler calling timeout to tell the fans to shut the fuck up was pure gold. Dear idiot Bears fans. When your team is on offense how about you hold off on the cheering until after they score. Fans here are so retarded.

$tevil
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

Good that the Bears were able to take Urlacher, Peppers and Briggs out not long into the 3rd quarter to save them for GB on Thursday night. Having a backup RB in Bush to save Forte's legs is just gravy.

$tevil
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

Facedown wrote:
poizond13 wrote:Pathetic morons like Crazy Levy stated Peyton would never play again.
Pathetic morons like yourself said he would never leave Indy.
I said he MAY never play again, and certainly wouldn't play again for the colts.

I was, of course, absolutely right.

Unlike certain moronic words-markers who didn't accept this until January.

Man that thread is gold. I think it needs some additions. Ill wait till rg3 has a few more wins before polishing that thread up.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

I'd like to add that we need the real refs back. The Colts held Peppers on every snap. If they keep these refs I'd tell my O line to fucking HOLD until the refs call it.

$tevil
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

The fake refs made about as many mistakes as the other refs.

They didn't give the packers most calls like the regular refs do.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

NeverSurrender wrote:The fake refs made about as many mistakes as the other refs.

That block in the back that led to the Cobb TD they reversed gave the Pack a score. And what's with doing the Lambeau leap when you're out of the game?

$tevil
Facedown
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by Facedown »

Texans extend Matt Schaub 4yrs/62mil. Guaranteed money is said to be between 24.75 and 30mil.
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

johnk5150 wrote:
NeverSurrender wrote:The fake refs made about as many mistakes as the other refs.

That block in the back that led to the Cobb TD they reversed gave the Pack a score. And what's with doing the Lambeau leap when you're out of the game?
Yeah when that happened, Vikes fans were laughing saying Goodell callled the new refs and told them how to treat the pack. I've never seen lamblow boo refs so much. It was great.